Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Aah, the joys of DnD-Alignment, you've got to love it

As I see it, alignment shouldn't be that constricting. Not every chaotic being is (completely) anarchistic, and not every good being is (completely) altruistic.

(In the case of Fáin, his good "side" describes his general benevolent personality, while his chaotic/neutral aspect represents that he doesn't always knows what he's doing)

And yes, I'm with Darklady here, that everyone has a use for laws, most of the chaotic deities will even give rules/commandments.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Fáin will join the Meeting, but I can't post right now, and it will take me at least 6 hours before I'm able to do it.
    In addition, I proposed to sire Uyani (if it is stillnecessary) and have no answer yet.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the doublepost
    Last edited by Kapow; 2014-08-10 at 04:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Darklady2831: I'm fine with her being able to sense who is and who isn't a god. I am with Valin to a certain extent here though.. I feel as though we should ALL be able to tell if another god is a god when we meet them.. Divine energy, all that. But I'm not particularly bothered about it.

@Eldamar(And other magic-interested gods): Obviously (I think) I want people to keep their hands off of death magic. Not magic that influences the souls of the dead, but magic that affects the bodies. Animation, specifically.

@sean_hyer: *hides*

@Kapow: Would you mind sending them a pm?

@all: Now I really, really want to go read the IC thread D:
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-10 at 01:31 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nothing important I'm just officially declaring my volcanic island, the one with the Kraken's Tentacles on it, to be named Volcanaan.

I meant to reply to our battle last night Sahu, but I guess we'll have to pick it up some other time. XD
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-10 at 12:56 PM.
    LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #95

AssassinGuy

Some other time like... right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nah, there's a tonne of other gods there that will likely step in. If Sahu didn't have such a temper she'd realize how useless it is to throw such a fuss, but at least its cathartic?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Made a post, sired a god, and have a question.

Should I make "my" bird into a hero? Or can I just have a pet? (That does things like travelling between planes... , no not really, it's Fáin who does it)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    Made a post, sired a god, and have a question.

Should I make "my" bird into a hero? Or can I just have a pet? (That does things like travelling between planes... , no not really, it's Fáin who does it)
    Just having a pet is fine. A mortal being that follows Fain around.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I should probably put this here.

Name: Baloma, Angel in the Angle
    Played By: Eshkigal
    Domains: Inspiration (Artifice), Metal (Protection)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Personality: Baloma is a god who cares about the function of himself and others, and enabling them to find their grand purpose. Despite being mostly genderless, Baloma is a he due to the mentality he shares with others, one of a doting but stern grandfather, trying to help each person who turns to him find a happiness in themselves, but also willing to literally drag man and god alike to fulfill the function they claim to perform. He has found that, often times, a warming smile or a look of disappointment can say volumes that words cannot-however, no one is quite sure how he does this as he has no facial muscles.
    Physical Appearance: Patch normally appears as a strong but old man made of iron and steel, pocked and worn in spots from what seems to be age and combat, new plates grafted on where holes have begun forming through him. His appearance from there tends to go between a blacksmith and a healer's appearance, routinely changing as he feels his role in a matter befits. When the mood strikes him, or when it is useful for movement or covering another's back, four wings forged from shards of shattered shields extend from his back, jagged appearance still showing an element of protection for those who would hide beneath them.

Does anyone feel like being a progenitor?

10. - Top - End - #100

AssassinGuy

I'm bored of not being born, so I am going to hijack myself and give birth to me.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

11. - Top - End - #101

I could birth you if you want sean_hyer.
    LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #102

AssassinGuy

You can just call me sean, you know.

And if you look earlier in the thread, Skyen already did birth me. It's just he was supposed to plant me once there was water and earth and light, and he took me to this boring (to my god) meeting instead. So I am leaving.

Okay, that was longer than I expected. I won't emerge for a little while I guess. Maybe tomorrow evening.

Is there already an atmosphere? People are acting as though there is, but I can't find where it was created? Should I make one, or will Skyen, if there isn't?
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-11 at 12:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    You can just call me sean, you know.

And if you look earlier in the thread, Skyen already did birth me. It's just he was supposed to plant me once there was water and earth and light, and he took me to this boring (to my god) meeting instead. So I am leaving.

Okay, that was longer than I expected. I won't emerge for a little while I guess. Maybe tomorrow evening.

Is there already an atmosphere? People are acting as though there is, but I can't find where it was created? Should I make one, or will Skyen, if there isn't?
    Localize one just for you if you want, in case there isn't an atmosphere. I haven't been able to focus much on this RP but I will step it up.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Atmosphere?! Didn't thought of this. Poor birdies, so they won't starve, they will asphyxiate. (Or there is a localized atmosphere on the island?)

15. - Top - End - #105

AssassinGuy

This is why I asked. I din't think there was one, and posted earlier I would wait to be planted until Skyen had created one.

And then, five different people created life. Not sure if the rock/water thing needs to breathe, but I'm pretty sure everything else does.

So.... I dunno? At this point, it is easiest to assume the world came with an atmosphere.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-11 at 02:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

This, or Skyyven has already created one, and DarthArminius just hadn't the time to write it down.
    He could write something like a flashback.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

And then, five different people created life. Not sure if the rock/water thing needs to breathe, but I'm pretty sure everything else does.
    It does not breath, eat, drink, or sleep.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

18. - Top - End - #108

AssassinGuy

@Anubis Dread, I'm not sure giant kraken can really be counted as 'animal life'. You are probably looking at at least magical life, and possibly fabled life.

And can someone explain this whole gradient business to me? I am really lost trying to make sense of it.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-11 at 02:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

It is Mir's understanding of the universe and all creation. Gods, mortals, the universe, everything is all the same. Like taking a mountain and smashing it into hills, then the hills into boulders, then the boulders into stones, and the stones into sand. It's all the same material but of different sizes, ie gradients.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

This is why I asked. I din't think there was one, and posted earlier I would wait to be planted until Skyen had created one.

So.... I dunno? At this point, it is easiest to assume the world came with an atmosphere.
    The Life I created is fabled life that's meant to live on the sun, and one of the sets of life was gifted with a divine infusion.
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Just to check; Fan, have you created other stars? Do you want to, or can Maya claim that?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Just to check; Fan, have you created other stars? Do you want to, or can Maya claim that?
    He is quite literally The Sun God.

Him making Stars is a given.

He already has to credit The Goddess of Fire with his creation, but I suppose he wouldn't be inclined to stop someone else from doing that.
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-11 at 04:44 AM.
    Plushrump ITP!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    He is quite literally The Sun God.

Him making Stars is a given.

He already has to credit The Goddess of Fire with his creation, but I suppose he wouldn't be inclined to stop someone else from doing that.
    Well, not that I would deny it to you (or anything to anybody), but it is not as clear as you imply.
    In a Fantasy Setting, stars could be a lot of things, and only one of them is distant suns. (examples are, semi-divine beings, precious Stones, holes in the void ...)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

*nods* And given the stars' strong traditional association with fortune and luck, horoscopes ect, I'd say the Goddess of Luck has at least some degree of a claim. As has Fain, due to their use as a navigational tool.

(My favourite fantasy stars idea was small hourglasses put in place by the Goddess of Death. Damn that was an awesome idea.)

Fan, I won't insist on control of stars (I actually thought at first you'd already created them. Star Guardians vs Sun Guardians. ) but I am curious. Do you want all stars that badly? Because generally a God of the Sun is just focused on the sun, and there's a different god for starlight. Day vs Night and everything.

If you do want it... can I make a request that you make them sooner, rather than later? I've got a plan involving a star, hence this inquiry. Either Maya can take control of an existing star, or she can make the first star now, for her purposes.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2014-08-11 at 05:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

No I'm not saying he wants all of them, he just insists that he has command over traditional stars. Though the Night Sky is indeed the domain of a God of Night.

He'd just be the manifestation of physical suns, meaning if you want a giant fireball several times larger than a planet I feel like you should have to go to a god of fire or the God of the Sun for that as a general sort of domain thing.

I mean what's the point of having a Sun God if everyone and their mother can just replace him? Especially given he's focused on being fusion / strong nuclear force focused, and created several guardians explicitly for the purpose of recreating several real life solar phenomenon with a mystical twist to it.
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-11 at 05:53 AM.
    Plushrump ITP!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    No I'm not saying he wants all of them, he just insists that he has command over traditional stars. Though the Night Sky is indeed the domain of a God of Night.

He'd just be the manifestation of physical suns, meaning if you want a giant fireball several times larger than a planet I feel like you should have to go to a god of fire or the God of the Sun for that as a general sort of domain thing.

I mean what's the point of having a Sun God if everyone and their mother can just replace him? Especially given he's focused on being fusion / strong nuclear force focused, and created several guardians explicitly for the purpose of recreating several real life solar phenomenon with a mystical twist to it.
    Hrm... I get you wanting that, though at the same time, it feels a bit weird in a fantasy setting. You don't have control of the night sky... but you do have stars, which are the main component of the night sky?

I didn't intend to make traditional stars, anyway. Perhaps the compromise could be that if we ever make other worlds, they would need a traditional star/sun, and that would be Alcandor's domain? But most stars are not traditional scientific stars, don't have planets orbiting around them ect, and thus fall outside of his control?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Hrm... I get you wanting that, though at the same time, it feels a bit weird in a fantasy setting. You don't have control of the night sky... but you do have stars, which are the main component of the night sky?

I didn't intend to make traditional stars, anyway. Perhaps the compromise could be that if we ever make other worlds, they would need a traditional star/sun, and that would be Alcandor's domain? But most stars are not traditional scientific stars, don't have planets orbiting around them ect, and thus fall outside of his control?
    Sounds fine to me.
    Plushrump ITP!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

@sean_hyer: No giant kraken was created, Sahu changed her form into one temporarily, so no breath was needed. I don't know about the other creations, but my spiders do not need to eat, breath or drink, they also have no soft "Insides", so no atmosphere is fine to them. My maggots survive as long as they can access the poison produced by the pyramid, as that is basically air to them, so they're all fine.
    *Edit*
    Ah, I see that she has created actual krakens now.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-11 at 07:48 AM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

29. - Top - End - #119

RedKnightGirl

Oh would it? I was under the impression that since everything above 1 can be created as a race, anything definitively NOT a race would default to 1 (with the obvious exception of outsiders and so forth, which even though they don't have societies are still definitively sentient). I mean, their non-sentient, so anything ABOVE 1 would mean someone could create a society of kraken by spending 2AP, which would be weird

I think the Kraken should be fine atmosphere wise. The ocean isn't boiling away, so its immune to the void or it couldn't exist. And since the one variety that doesn't exist in water lives in magma, it's safe to say all bets are off there.

EDIT: I also find it kind of hilarious that a bunch of spiders are now hunting down kraken. Probably in the same way lice hunt down humans? Though I'm guessing you had more of a 'piranaha swarm' idea going on.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-08-11 at 12:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh would it? I was under the impression that since everything above 1 can be created as a race, anything definitively NOT a race would default to 1 (with the obvious exception of outsiders and so forth, which even though they don't have societies are still definitively sentient).
    I honestly have no clue what this means.

I mean, their non-sentient, so anything ABOVE 1 would mean someone could create a society of kraken by spending 2AP, which would be weird
    Not sure what you're talking about, with "Above 1". But a society of Kraken would confuse the hell out of me. Can't really be done though, since they're monstrous life. Collective sigh of relief?

I think the Kraken should be fine atmosphere wise. The ocean isn't boiling away, so its immune to the void or it couldn't exist. And since the one variety that doesn't exist in water lives in magma, it's safe to say all bets are off there.
    I believe the problem is that there's no oxygen, not that the water is too hot or anything. I might be mistaken about what whoever brought atmosphere was talking about though.

I also find it kind of hilarious that a bunch of spiders are now hunting down kraken. Probably in the same way lice hunt down humans? Though I'm guessing you had more of a 'piranaha swarm' idea going on.
    Ever seen ants eat through something many times bigger than them? It's the same concept, except these "ants" have no sense of self preservation as well as poison.

*edit*
    Incase it wasn't clear in my post.. The spiders are not asserting themselves as a dominant species. They're more like a rat plague, except they directly attack those that they're attacking, rather than spreading disease and stealing food. The spiders are not some sort of "super monster".
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-11 at 12:26 PM.