Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Oh, I once had the idea for a playable race of kraken/octopus. As they are relative intelligent and able to manipulate stuff with their tentacles.

Great, now I want to create them and have no idea how they could fit in with Fáin

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    I honestly have no clue what this means.

Not sure what you're talking about, with "Above 1". But a society of Kraken would confuse the hell out of me. Can't really be done though, since they're monstrous life. Collective sigh of relief?
    ...I should really have quoted what I was replying to, sorry :/. That was in direct reply to sean_hypers post that he thought Kraken should be Magical life at least, so 'above 1' means 'above 1AP in the Create Life line of actions'

I believe the problem is that there's no oxygen, not that the water is too hot or anything. I might be mistaken about what whoever brought atmosphere was talking about though.
    And once again I'm not being clear enough - this is actually a reference to how liquid acts in a vaccuum. It sort of boils or vaporizes into nothingness.

Ever seen ants eat through something many times bigger than them? It's the same concept, except these "ants" have no sense of self preservation as well as poison.
    Oh yeah I figured that's what was going on, it's still kind of hillarious to imagine a kraken as big as an island being eaten by spiders . In a good way of course.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

The distinctions are irrelevant to sentience, besides sentient creatures requiring at least 2AP Mundane Life. Dragons do not have to be intelligent or capable of forming societies, but they must be Fabled Life.

What are Krakens that distinguish them from squid or octopi?
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

4. - Top - End - #124

RedKnightGirl

Large?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Anubis Dread: It really depends what sort of Kraken you are talking about. If they are just giant squid, then by all means they are only monstrous life. But I was thinking, like, fantasy Kraken. Magical creatures, ageless and immortal, larger than the largest whale. Mistaken for islands by sailors, destroyers of life and scourges of the ocean. Beasts that will rise at the day of judgement.

So, if your Kraken are just big, angry squid, they are the 1 AP version. But if they are, you know, Kraken, I would say they are the three of four AP version. I can't really decide from your post.

Oh, and for now I am just going to assume there is an atmosphere. Makes everything much easier.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-11 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #126

RedKnightGirl

I think I'll uprade them to an AP 3 Magical Life (since they are just giant squid, but they are GIANT giant squid if that makes sense?) but fold the Volcanaan kraken into the same 3AP action rather than have two seperate actions for them. They are just sort of sub-species, so it should be okay as one action. The main reason I split them up was that it seemed weird to spend only 1AP on all of them, but if it's 3 it makes more sense.

EDIT: Screw it, let's go for broke and make it 4 - kraken be bada**.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-08-11 at 01:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

I just assumed there was an atmosphere in the same way it's assumed we don't have to create the orb of earth that we start on. I didn't hear it described like it was the moon at all. XD

Swimming spiders is humorous.

If anyone wanted to create life first I'm sorry, I don't mind at all retconning it so you were the first to make plants or animals or whatever, I was just sick of waiting and wanted to go on and decorate my island. It was the second page and I felt like nothing had happened. XD
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-11 at 03:05 PM.
    LGBTitP

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    I just assumed there was an atmosphere in the same way it's assumed we don't have to create the orb of earth that we start on. I didn't hear it described like it was the moon at all. XD

Swimming spiders is humorous.

If anyone wanted to create life first I'm sorry, I don't mind at all retconning it so you were the first to make plants or animals or whatever, I was just sick of waiting and wanted to go on and decorate my island. It was the second page and I felt like nothing had happened. XD
    I don't think anybody claimed dibs. Oh well?
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

9. - Top - End - #129

I thought I remembered reading that but I couldn't remember who but I only remembered that after I made my post. Oh well. XD

Hey what action would represent creating magical plants, or special plants with names? Would that be a Create Monster action or included as an Alter Land action? I know sentient plants would probably be mundane life.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-11 at 08:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    I thought I remembered reading that but I couldn't remember who but I only remembered that after I made my post. Oh well. XD

Hey what action would represent creating magical plants, or special plants with names? Would that be a Create Monster action or included as an Alter Land action? I know sentient plants would probably be mundane life.
    If they're mundane, Create/Alter Land. If they're non-sentient, but have magical properties, either a concept or a blessing?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    If they're mundane, Create/Alter Land. If they're non-sentient, but have magical properties, either a concept or a blessing?
    Inspector Valin is correct
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

12. - Top - End - #132

AssassinGuy

I just managed to erase everything I had just written :(

I thought it was supposed to autosave :(

Post up again soonish.

Oooh, and it's a concept rather than life. Neato.

Annnd someone made green stuff while I was at work. I have to rewrite it all anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-12 at 02:38 AM.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@Darth: Don't you need three actions to gain a domain? Or did I miss something?

@sean: what? who created "green"? And where? I'm waiting for plants (and weather by the way)

14. - Top - End - #134

AssassinGuy

Emerald beetle hives.

Okay, that took wayyy too long. I mean, I got distracted a bunch of times, and the autosave saved some stuff, and rewriting is much much faster than writing, but still. Whooh.

I'm not even fussed about the green thing, actually. In my first draft, I couldn't make introducing a color flow right. Not at all displeased about taking it out.

Edit: and for the record I am assuming my post falls BEFORE Skyen's. I was delayed, I know, but I did call dibs on plant life.

Double edit: I remembered a great line from school hymns for Skyen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
    Whose robe is the light, whose canopy space,
    His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form,
    And dark is His path on the wings of the storm.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-12 at 05:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ah right emerald=green - that's me not remembering my vocabulary

I'm fine with your creating plants and insects on Fáins Bearing, without paying AP, as I just didn't do it at its creation, so you could do it now.
    But I have the feeling, spring (or seasons) should be a concept.

16. - Top - End - #136

AssassinGuy

Oh! Yeah! I wanted to ask about that!

The thing is, 'winter' doesn't really exist yet, nor do any of the other seasons. Spring is just, you know, the way the world is. So I can create the concept of 'spring', when all is young and bright and new, but it kind of loses its meaning with nothing to compare to.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Agreed, it is kind of the spring of the World and it makes more sense to create the concept of regular seasons. When there are some.

On another note,
    how iffy are all of you about others (me) using your creations (fluffwise) to create something else? (i.e. I'm currently interested in turtles and kraken)
    I certainly could create everything from scratch, but I like it if there are historical connections between physical similar beings.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I don't mind it, personally. I'm not going to be throwing down much for the Okuya just yet, but I'm fine with RPing them as needed. Speaking of which, Kapow, post incoming.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

The Star Hounds (the only ones so far, I plan to use AP to create more.) are all divine infused and the two that exist both draw his chariots.

You're welcome to use any of the other guardians though, just be mindful that they are fabled life so they'll be more difficult to mess with than say a Kraken.
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Hrm.... ImNotTerror, where exactly did you create your race? There are a few continents now, two of which already have mortals on them.

And people are going for all the 'Create Magical Life', I see. The Goddess of Luck is chuckling at how many of her fellow gods want to stack the deck.

Meanwhile, thanks for the artifact, Kapow! Hadn't intended that, but it's more than appreciated. I'm going to have to up the kid to a major character, once the Okyua get some more concepts under their belt.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
    Thus, the Yanori were born. Tall, grey-skinned humanoids with dull features. They were naturally gifted in the illusions Uyani created, and could alter their basic appearances at will. Their tribes were small and secluded, placed upon each continent. As they began to form their lives, Uyani resumed his peaceful slumber....

You're welcome, I hadn't planned to create an artifact this early, but I just had to

22. - Top - End - #142

Kobold

Hrm.... ImNotTerror, where exactly did you create your race? There are a few continents now, two of which already have mortals on them.

And people are going for all the 'Create Magical Life', I see. The Goddess of Luck is chuckling at how many of her fellow gods want to stack the deck.
    As Kapow said, they were liberally sprinkled about. A few here, a few there. They're pretty dispassionate and tend towards Neutrality in the more true sense of the word. They'll leave you alone, and like to be left alone, but some trade here and there is nice for everyone.

The only reason why they're magical is so that they can use Illusions and be "changelings."

They'll probably end up acting in the world as negotiators and mediators for the other races in the best cases, and as assassins and theives in the worst cases.

23. - Top - End - #143

Ah a blessing, of course. Thanks.

Alcandor don't you ignore your mother.

I meant to already have a race out by now, but I'm dragging behind. XD
    LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #144

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    You're welcome to use any of the other guardians though, just be mindful that they are fabled life so they'll be more difficult to mess with than say a Kraken.
    Actually I retconned the Kraken to be fabled. It made no sense for them to be on the same level as... well pretty much anything ocean based that isn't the size of continent

25. - Top - End - #145

AssassinGuy

I am completely lost as to where everything is. Can someone draw a map or something?

Oh, and Alcandor? If you force me and mine into combat, you will find that nature does not fight fair.

26. - Top - End - #146

AssassinGuy

Poor poor death god.

And poor spiders. How are they to know that, however many they gather, they will never be able to challenge a god?

If one of the obsidian spiders encounters a creature which it would not be able to kill on its own, it will gather together a group of its fellows to kill with it.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

*snort* Nice move, Sean. Maya will laugh long and hard if she hears about it.

Oh, Fan? Maya responded to Alcandor's thoughts with a way more critical approach. You might want to reply to her before toasting your great work of divine unification. Or don't, if you don't want to! Just be warned, she'll be scathing if you ignore her.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I won't be able to post IC for about 16 hours. Sorry.
    (I only have my phone to use)

But Fáin will drink if invited, even if he doesn't get it all
    And he most certainly will interfere with other deities creations nonetheless.

I will speak to the relevant players however.

And I really like how this game develops. Strong characters -I couldn't say which I like the most.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

*snort* Nice move, Sean. Maya will laugh long and hard if she hears about it.

Oh, Fan? Maya responded to Alcandor's thoughts with a way more critical approach. You might want to reply to her before toasting your great work of divine unification. Or don't, if you don't want to! Just be warned, she'll be scathing if you ignore her.
    I edited it to reply to her first. Consider the rest of the post moot if she doesn't agree still. Alcandor will do his best to convince her.
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-12 at 04:52 PM.
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    @Darth: Don't you need three actions to gain a domain? Or did I miss something?

@sean: what? who created "green"? And where? I'm waiting for plants (and weather by the way)
    Three AP. (7 AP altogether spent on a Domain).