Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Oh would it? I was under the impression that since everything above 1 can be created as a race, anything definitively NOT a race would default to 1 (with the obvious exception of outsiders and so forth, which even though they don't have societies are still definitively sentient). I mean, their non-sentient, so anything ABOVE 1 would mean someone could create a society of kraken by spending 2AP, which would be weird

I think the Kraken should be fine atmosphere wise. The ocean isn't boiling away, so its immune to the void or it couldn't exist. And since the one variety that doesn't exist in water lives in magma, it's safe to say all bets are off there.

EDIT: I also find it kind of hilarious that a bunch of spiders are now hunting down kraken. Probably in the same way lice hunt down humans? Though I'm guessing you had more of a 'piranaha swarm' idea going on.
    1 AP Monstrous Races are for big scary creatures that are unintelligent. So if your Kraken is just a big scary monster driven by instinct, then it's 1 AP. Dragons would be 1 AP if they were unintelligent fire breathing lizards with wings. If you want them to have magic or any kind of thinking, then they're higher costing.

At least that's my interpretation of the rules.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    1 AP Monstrous Races are for big scary creatures that are unintelligent. So if your Kraken is just a big scary monster driven by instinct, then it's 1 AP. Dragons would be 1 AP if they were unintelligent fire breathing lizards with wings. If you want them to have magic or any kind of thinking, then they're higher costing.

At least that's my interpretation of the rules.
    Yeah it is kind of a strange situation that. I guess I'll just cheat and say the Kraken are sentient (albeit not possessing a language or culture). I mean they CAN cast spells in 3.5 (not sure about 5e but it would be neat) so it kind of makes sense.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Does anyone want to give me a hand trying to convert Kipling's Jungle Law into something suitable for general use, rather than specific to wolves? I have no gift for rhyme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

I took a crack at it. It's not the best, didn't take me long. I'll think on it more, maybe revise this. But I tried to make it look like it was from a mortal-divine perspective in our world.

"NOW this is the law of the world, as old and as true as the sky,
    And the soul that shall keep it may prosper, but the soul that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back;
    For the strength of the mortal is the soul, and the strength of the soul is the mortal.

Wash daily from nose to tail; drink deeply, but never too deep;
    And remember the day is for hunting and forget not the night is for sleep.

The jackal may follow the tiger, but, child, when thy whiskers are grown,
    Remember the soul is a hunter—go forth and get food of thy own.

Keep peace with the lords of the world, the sun, the sea, the storm;
    And trouble not Nergath the Silent, and mock not the god for his form.

When tribe meets with tribe in the world, and neither will go from the trail,
    Lie down till the leaders have spoken; it may be fair words shall prevail.

When ye fight with a soul of the tribe ye must fight him alone and afar,
    Lest others take part in the quarrel and the tribe is diminished by war."
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

5. - Top - End - #155

AssassinGuy

I really want to keep the line about 'kill not for pleasure of killing'. I mean, I know it will piss Sahu off no end, but that's life.

Another thing. Should not the light god, then, not imbue her creations with souls? It seems an optional thing to do, and it would leave them the disciplined tools she desires rather than chaotic and random. Up to you, though.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-13 at 04:09 AM.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I have been approved and I got a progenitor lined up already

Ethidras, Dragon of Battle
    Played By: MichaelGoldclaw
    Domains and Portfolios: Dragons (Good Dragons), Magic (Light)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Description: Ethidras is a headstrong goddess. She likes to takes things head on, but she usually thinks about her head on approach. She can be a bit clever at times, especially in a fight, using magic to blast foes as she approaches for a heavy attack. She has a love of goodness that she just can't put aside, but when she doesn't need to be a guardian of all things good, she is competitive, yet at the same time friendly and warm. She will fight for enjoyment, but kill only when she needs to.

Spoiler: Pictures (Humanoid and Dragon form)
    Show

From Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I've received a message from one of our current magic gods who is apprehensive about your approval. I'll approve you, but first I just want to know what you plan to do with the magic domain? Perhaps you could change it to something to do with Draconic power? Or Magic (Dragonblood)?
    Well, in terms of schools of magic, there is True Arcane (Think WoW Arcane mages) They use it to harness arcane energies and meld them into attacks and other spells.
    Then there is going to be Battle magic, the second subschool. This is a select group of spells that isn't only unhindered by armor and weapons, but enhanced. Magic is coated around the metal most of the time, but it can sometimes extend from it. Most spells here are are just Battle magic versions of others.
    Then there is going to be Mending magic, harnessing arcane energy to mend and meld things together to repair, make, and heal. So this involves stuff like making golems, enchanting, and healing.

Some mages who have access to other magic abilities (Like for say, Elemental) can use arcane to help in casting spells.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-08-13 at 09:07 AM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post

Well, in terms of schools of magic, there is True Arcane (Think WoW Arcane mages) They use it to harness arcane energies and meld them into attacks and other spells.
    Then there is going to be Battle magic, the second subschool. This is a select group of spells that isn't only unhindered by armor and weapons, but enhanced. Magic is coated around the metal most of the time, but it can sometimes extend from it. Most spells here are are just Battle magic versions of others.
    Then there is going to be Mending magic, harnessing arcane energy to mend and meld things together to repair, make, and heal. So this involves stuff like making golems, enchanting, and healing.

Some mages who have access to other magic abilities (Like for say, Elemental) can use arcane to help in casting spells.
    I am the one who raised objection to Magic (Arcane) as I have planned to implement Arcane magic as a second part of my fabled concept of Gradients of Creation. A non-god sourced force of nature useable by anyone or anything as the energy behind the expression of being's wills on the universe.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-13 at 08:27 AM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    I am the one who raised objection to Magic (Arcane) as I have planned to implement Arcane magic as a second part of my fabled concept of Gradients of Creation. A non-god sourced force of nature useable by anyone or anything as the energy behind the expression of being's wills on the universe.

Considering we have three magic gods of different moral alignments, would you consider taking on "good" magic types (healing, or holy, etc) while I stick with morally neutral sources and AddZabble's character (Being Magic (Undeath) taking morally "Evil" magic
    That seems like a good compromise. My only problem is that good aligned magic does not have much room for offensive spells, save for anti-evil and considering my character, that may be a big problem
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post
    That seems like a good compromise. My only problem is that good aligned magic does not have much room for offensive spells, save for anti-evil and considering my character, that may be a big problem
    Make some up.

On a different note, are there any gods of madness or with the intention of creating the concept of madness?

And does anyone with a sentient race wish for an interaction with the First Subgradient?

Draw from those two questions what conclusions you will.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-13 at 09:05 AM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, Magic (Light) then
    Deviant Art account

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Oh yeah, finally got approved!

Spoiler: Syrid, the Lantern Bearer
    Show
    Name: Syrid, the Lantern Bearer.

played by: squidpope

Domains and portfolios: Good (Guidance), Darkness (shadow)

Alignment: neutral good/true neutral tendencies

Description: Syrid's Appearance to mortals is a perplexing sight, as light twists and bends around him in such a way that the figure seems to be constantly in shadow, despite the lines of glowing silver that seem to race along the seams of his cloak. Depictions of him often show a lantern or torch in one hand and a crook or staff in the other. It is easy to tell when Syrid is altering the world, as the sun appears to dim and moonlight seems somehow brighter. He is often seen at night, lantern held high, searching for he lost and wandering to return them to their rightful place.

Standing constantly in shadow has significantly colored his perspective on life, and perhaps more than any other god, Syrid sees morality in shades of gray. He does not believe that any being is entirely evil, and has been known to devote massive resources to help wayward souls see the value in what is good. Syrid enjoys leading groups or rival parties together until they reach mutual understanding or agreement. He believes in second chances, but that people need constant supervision and advice to truly change. Every time an evil soul becomes good, Syrid forges a single link of light onto a chain. He will never destroy an evil creature if it cannot be reasoned with, even to the point of letting it go, hoping it will eventually come to the light of its own accord.

Temples to Syrid can be found anywhere, and are usually built with a large tower at the topped with beacons, allowing wearing travelers to find asylum. They are sometimes built near prisons, allowing newly released convicts to redeem themselves. Temple leaders have been known to harbor fugitives in exchange for their word and a good action every day. Lighthouses are oft tended by his clerics to help those lost find home, and all buildings dedicated to Syrid have advisers for those seeking penance and guidance. Those who are simply looking for a place to sleep for the night are sent to a nearby temple of Fa'in if possible, as his temples are a sanctuary only for those that need it most: Those who live in shadow.
    Spoiler: Like this, but with a hood
    Show

I'm still looking for a parent or two though. Anybody wanna birth/create/accidentally bring me into being?
    Last edited by squidpope; 2014-08-13 at 10:22 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@squidpope: Well, generally the Guidance aspect matches great with Fáin, but I have no idea about how I could sire you at the moment.
    But if you have an idea (and are approved) feel free to write me.
    Be warned, I may be not able to write you in for some 20h or so.

Never figured Fáin for a multiple dad

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    @squidpope: Well, generally the Guidance aspect matches great with Fáin, but I have no idea about how I could sire you at the moment.
    But if you have an idea (and are approved) feel free to write me.
    Be warned, I may be not able to write you in for some 20h or so.

Never figured Fáin for a multiple dad
    You DAWG you!

@sean_hyer: Omw what have you done? that is hilarious!
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@squidpope: perhaps I DO have an idea. But I'd need at least one (none-okuya) mortal...

@all: anybody who would volunteer to give me one of his humanoid mortals? (except okuya )

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

@kapow: I do like the idea of being part mortal. Besides, you already journeyed through darkness, It makes sense you would sire a god of shadows. Take as much time as you need to put me in play, i'm not in any hurry.

16. - Top - End - #166

AssassinGuy

Eesh, two more good gods.

I really like the lantern god. I am a bit scared of the dragon god, mostly for the reasons Maya has been raising in the IC. If this does turn into a contest between each god and their respective race, well, the guy with dragons might have a bit of an edge.

17. - Top - End - #167

Aw Light Magic? Come on, I was gonna do that. Lol.
    LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post

I really like the lantern god. I am a bit scared of the dragon god, mostly for the reasons Maya has been raising in the IC. If this does turn into a contest between each god and their respective race, well, the guy with dragons might have a bit of an edge.
    The last LoC game I was in had a crab roughly 6.5 miles tall and about the dimensions of Europe otherwise, carrying a continent. Someone else in the game then accidentally gave it the ability to teleport. The Maruk was one of my races (technically my first) last time, though I promise to go a bit more physically possible now that I am not playing the God of Chaos.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about the dragons, as each of us can be as crazy, if not worse.

19. - Top - End - #169

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    The last LoC game I was in had a crab roughly 6.5 miles tall and about the dimensions of Europe otherwise, carrying a continent. Someone else in the game then accidentally gave it the ability to teleport. The Maruk was one of my races (technically my first) last time, though I promise to go a bit more physically possible now that I am not playing the God of Chaos.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about the dragons, as each of us can be as crazy, if not worse.
    ...great, now my idea for a continent eating whale with entire races in its stomach seems pedestrian . Seriously though, that is awesome.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Heh, sorry. The whale does sound like a fun time, though. Once I am in, I may have a couple favors to ask of each god, for a rather strange one in turn. But I will let both be a bit of a surprise, for now.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post

Well, that's why you come up with great solutions that limit their power or striek deals with the players. A goblin can beat a dragon if the goblin's a nuclear powered lich-mecha shooting lightning bolts and acid ooze.

Or a bow. Bows work good too.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-13 at 01:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe this goes without saying, but I'm claiming necromancy. I'm doing this because I'm worried someone is going to try to snatch it from under me. The whole REASON I've been causing damage to the world is in preparation for necromancy.
    Please note, for players that want their races to have necromancy, I'm not going to keep ANYONE from taking it and using it. As long as you have an In game reason for your mortals to discover Necromancy, I'm fine with them having it.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

23. - Top - End - #173

While I'm anxious that someone will claim my other planned domains I still want to reveal them in story.
    LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #174

I'm introducing the concepts of arcane and madness through the First Subgradient by the looks of things. I'd like to bring in Alchemy in the mindset of real life alchemy/FMA as a school. Gonna bring in a language and magical race as well.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Phobia: Totally get that. Luckily, I feel necromancy was quite obvious, so I don't feel as though I'm giving anything away. Might I suggest PM'ing anyone you think MIGHT steal the planned domains though? Your call!

26. - Top - End - #176

RedKnightGirl

Oh, before I forget again, could I get wiki access? I forsee the next couple of cycles meaning I'll need to add a fair bit to it. Obisidian Portal name is AnubisDread

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Oh, before I forget again, could I get wiki access? I forsee the next couple of cycles meaning I'll need to add a fair bit to it. Obisidian Portal name is AnubisDread
    You have Access!

Anybody else who wants Wiki Access, please tell me your ObsidianPortal name!

Also, just to make it clear, I plan to take the Inquisition (Mortal Inferiority) domain within the next couple weeks.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't been birthed yet, but Michael_Goldclaw
    Deviant Art account

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've edited the deity list. Please inform me if I left you out.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

I've created Souls as a fabled concept. Free will and a greater potential in exchange for a fate to be chained to the gods. The concept is free to everyone, but I hope that anybody who uses it also accepts the after-death consequences.