Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

God's Name: Uraneth
    Alias: The Weeping Goddess, The Lady in the Water
    Played By: ToxicMind
    Domain/Portfolio: Water (Rivers), Sorrow (Loss)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Description: Uraneth is starkly beautiful to those who actually see her face. She almost always appears as a woman in white clothes, face shrouded from the world. The hem is endlessly stained with blood, and though she is almost always found in water, it never seems to wash away. Born of the Sorrow and pain of true loss, Uraneth is drawn inevitably to those who experience such emotions. She comforts such beings, but inevitably, they are consumed by the sorrow of her presence, and most take their own lives in anguish. Once, Uraneth would have felt guilt, but soon enough she came to see this death as the true end to sorrow and loss. Now, she feels no guilt, only seeing that end as inevitable.

Uraneth haunts waterways, though she stays far from the ocean, finding it strange for reasons even she does not fully understand. But where there is fresh water, Uraneth can be found, always hunting, searching for some unknowable and unattainable end to her own sorrow.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Obviously minus the christian cross.

Here is Uraneth.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-08-13 at 05:57 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    God's Name: Uraneth
    Alias: The Weeping Goddess, The Lady in the Water
    Played By: ToxicMind
    Domain/Portfolio: Water (Rivers), Sorrow (Loss)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Description: Uraneth is starkly beautiful to those who actually see her face. She almost always appears as a woman in white clothes, face shrouded from the world. The hem is endlessly stained with blood, and though she is almost always found in water, it never seems to wash away. Born of the Sorrow and pain of true loss, Uraneth is drawn inevitably to those who experience such emotions. She comforts such beings, but inevitably, they are consumed by the sorrow of her presence, and most take their own lives in anguish. Once, Uraneth would have felt guilt, but soon enough she came to see this death as the true end to sorrow and loss. Now, she feels no guilt, only seeing that end as inevitable.

Uraneth haunts waterways, though she stays far from the ocean, finding it strange for reasons even she does not fully understand. But where there is fresh water, Uraneth can be found, always hunting, searching for some unknowable and unattainable end to her own sorrow.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Obviously minus the christian cross.

Here is Uraneth.
    I feel like Uraneth would be a love child of Uelticrat and Sahu...
    Also, would you like an invitation to the wiki?
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

That would be awesome. I already talked to Anubis about spawning, but it was more ideas about after than specifics, so if you wanted to do love-child, thats fine by me.

Name is ToxicMind on ObsPor
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Darklady, how angry would you be if I made Souls as well and made them much more widespread?

Also, I would like to be added as well, please. My account is mjp3123.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-13 at 06:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Darklady, how angry would you be if I made Souls as well and made them much more widespread?

Also, I would like to be added as well, please. My account is mjp3123.
    Pretty angry... besides, souls are free to anyone who wants them. Anything that has true free will (doesn't act simply on instinct or as an extension of a god's will) needs to have a soul, or else it can't have free will. Maybe I should lay a curse down to that effect...

Consider yourself added.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm (or Mir?) am being a **** and circumventing this by using Mir's own soul as source material for what will probably be guys who look like mindflayers. Their afterlife will literally entail rejoining their god.

Aslo, I laid down Arcane, my many, many thanks to Goldclaw for allowing me. It's free, I haven't and won't limit it's use by anyone as I see it as a force of nature like gravity or some such. It's just there for anything to use (if it doesn't drive them insane first).
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-13 at 06:29 PM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The problem here is that Baloma thrives on free will, and as such would try to make sure that a lot of things have souls. Hence the question, and the idea of another cheating the system of Law by forging souls. Anyway, thank you, Darklady, and while I will try and avoid stepping on your toes as much as I can, I also think the realms shall shift again, soon.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    I'm (or Mir?) am being a **** and circumventing this by using Mir's own soul as source material for what will probably be guys who look like mindflayers. Their afterlife will literally entail rejoining their god.

Aslo, I laid down Arcane, my many, many thanks to Goldclaw for allowing me. It's free, I haven't and won't limit it's use by anyone as I see it as a force of nature like gravity or some such. It's just there for anything to use (if it doesn't drive them insane first).
    That works fine, so long as you're not going to spread that cheat all over the universe.

Would you be mad if I cursed arcane magic to only work if you have a soul (A true soul)?

The problem here is that Baloma thrives on free will, and as such would try to make sure that a lot of things have souls. Hence the question, and the idea of another cheating the system of Law by forging souls. Anyway, thank you, Darklady, and while I will try and avoid stepping on your toes as much as I can, I also think the realms shall shift again, soon.
    Well, you could go into the business of counterfeiting souls, but after a mortal lifetime those souls will be pulled to Gehenna and Nergath will become aware of the fact that someone is messing with souls. She'll be mad then.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Out of interest, what can Arcane magic do at this stage? Masat just got a revelation direct from the Subgradient, so I figure he gained some power through that. (Thanks for that BTW. ) What kinda feats can it accomplish so far? Or is it more an abstract principle, to be built on with magical concepts?

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    That works fine, so long as you're not going to spread that cheat all over the universe.

Would you be mad if I cursed arcane magic to only work if you have a soul (A true soul)?
    I'd need to know more about what's considered a true soul. I imagine arcane as being similar to the force the god's use, the source of "AP" in a sense, so even with this little cheat on soul creation, beings with such a soul (I should change the term to avoid confusion) would still be able to wield it.

Inspector Valin - It's entirely dependent on what Masat knows. For instance, the more he might know of fire, the more he could control and even create fire. I can only state for sure that he is aware of this power's existence.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

@ DarkLady: Oh yes, please. By gaping maw longs for the touch of your twitching mandibles. Wrap your necrotic arms around my scaled body, oozing with lust for you

In all seriousness I am probably just going to barf him into existence or something. Worked for the oceans

In regards to forging souls, what possible benefit could they have? Yay, you have powerless fakes. You can then give them to other gods and they have... powerless fakes. And still all their regular souls. Not seeing much pay off.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    @ DarkLady: Oh yes, please. By gaping maw longs for the touch of your twitching mandibles. Wrap your necrotic arms around my scaled body, oozing with lust for you

In all seriousness I am probably just going to barf him into existence or something. Worked for the oceans

In regards to forging souls, what possible benefit could they have? Yay, you have powerless fakes. You can then give them to other gods and they have... powerless fakes. And still all their regular souls. Not seeing much pay off.
    What have I done? Maybe hate-child is a better word... Sahu tears off a chunk of herself and throws it at Uelticrat. The chunk tears off a bit of Uelticrat, and the essences mingle to become Uraneth... just one idea.

Well, if souls become the currency of the outer planes, then if you can successfully convince someone that the counterfeits are real, then you have free money.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

It's more the other traits of a soul, namely the trait of guaranteed free will. Give the right things free will and a mind, and Creation becomes very interesting, very fast. For example: one of your Kracken gets a soul, decides to become a painter using elves as the paintbrush and Volcannan as the canvas, or rather than creating strife goes below the sea and tries to build a city for what terrors will come.

Just checking, but do you guys mind if I crash the talk between Maya, Sahu, and Uelticrat?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-13 at 07:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel like Uraneth would be a love child of Uelticrat and Sahu...
    @DarkLady: Oh yes, please. By gaping maw longs for the touch of your twitching mandibles. Wrap your necrotic arms around my scaled body, oozing with lust for you
    Um..
    I'm Uelticrat. ..Love me? D:

@Darklady2831: Hrm.. Currency..? I somehow.. Don't see that happening XD. The whole point of money is to buy what you can't have. We're.. Like.. Gods and stuff.
    I don't know, do as you will

Just checking, but do you guys mind if I crash the talk between Maya, Sahu, and Uelticrat?
    I'm totally fine with it, but I'm not sure if I'm still actually in the conversation: I'm in the pyramid :p
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-13 at 07:21 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

It's more the other traits of a soul, namely the trait of guaranteed free will. Give the right things free will and a mind, and Creation becomes very interesting, very fast. For example: one of your Kracken gets a soul, decides to become a painter using elves as the paintbrush and Volcannan as the canvas, or rather than creating strife goes below the sea and tries to build a city for what terrors will come.

If Anubis wants, Kraken might already have souls.

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    Um..
    I'm Uelticrat. ..Love me? D:

@Darklady2831: Hrm.. Currency..? I somehow.. Don't see that happening XD. The whole point of money is to buy what you can't have. We're.. Like.. Gods and stuff.
    I don't know, do as you will
    "I have all these souls, and you need an army, but you're out of juice... well, if you give me that nice looking artifact, I've got souls you can twist into soldiers..."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-13 at 07:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Well, I wanted to write "worlds and lava", but that would be more fitting Mekhet than Baloma...

17. - Top - End - #197

RedKnightGirl

Kraken have souls the same way Cthula and Dagon do - if they do, you sure as HELL don't want to look into it too much

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Kraken have souls the same way Cthula and Dagon do - if they do, you sure as HELL don't want to look into it too much
    Do the Kraken have free will? Or are they extensions of Sahu's hatred and will to destroy.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wanted you guys to start sewing spiders and elves together so bad. XD
    LGBTitP

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    I wanted you guys to start sewing spiders and elves together so bad. XD
    I read that as screwing, but neither interpretation leaves good mental images.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

I read that as screwing, but neither interpretation leaves good mental images.
    *dead. Just dead.*
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

22. - Top - End - #202

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Do the Kraken have free will? Or are they extensions of Sahu's hatred and will to destroy.
    Yes.

Also you are all massive prudes

23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This is a little bit annoying :(

Thanks to time zones and evening shifts, I have work when all the action here is happening. So I start a conversation with a god, and then come back to find that two other gods have joined in and the three have finished the conversation and left.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Riiight. SO MUCH has happened since my last post, I can't really make a good post summing all of it up. Not for lack of trying. So I'm just going to gloss over the entire conversation as me zoning out and studying the world.

Was it deliberate, Maya, that the gift you gave him was so close to the lily he made? Both black, both flowers? Or was it just a coincidence?
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-14 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@sean: I know exactly what you mean.

I still don't have a volunteer for giving me ONE individual of a humanoid.
    So I'm going to ask, is it within the rules (of the game, not Nergath') to just take one?

EDIT: And another question... to change a plane I created, do I need AP?
    Last edited by Kapow; 2014-08-14 at 04:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Sean: it's not in this ruleset, but I have seen 'Alter Life' as an action in previous LoCs. The cost was 1AP, and you had the option of moving it a degree up the scale. (thus allowing stories where one race was formed out of another.) If the mods were ok with it, we could add that to these rules.

Was it deliberate, Maya, that the gift you gave him was so close to the lily he made? Both black, both flowers? Or was it just a coincidence?
    It was... largely my passion for Black Roses. Sorry, Lord Soth fan, have a soft spot for the image.

Kapow; It's generally OK yeah; you're not subverting an entire existing creation, you're taking a portion and working with it (Like making a thieves guild within an existing civilization). Might annoy other gods politically, but not against the rules. FWIW, you're fine with another Okyua. And sorry if I stepped on your toes by giving them the Wheel.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Fine by me!

Also, just to clarify on how Alter Race worked, you could change a portion of the race to work as you wanted. You'd need the other god's approval to fully change every member of the race.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@Inspector Valin: No problem, I will give them something else - and thank you for the offer, but in this case I can't use Okuya, because I need someone to get completely lost, I kind of prevented that that would happen to them.

@sean: instead of 'Alter Life' you could just use a blessing.

Also, please ignore the EDIT in my last post, I reread the rules, should have done it before posting

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    @sean: I know exactly what you mean.

I still don't have a volunteer for giving me ONE individual of a humanoid.
    So I'm going to ask, is it within the rules (of the game, not Nergath') to just take one?

EDIT: And another question... to change a plane I created, do I need AP?
    At the moment I'd say altar land, however, I'd like to change the rule, IF Darklady2831 agrees on this.
    Planes, would it be fine to allow anyone who has created a plane to edited the terrain and basic life (Fish, flies, insects) of that plane freely?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    At the moment I'd say altar land, however, I'd like to change the rule, IF Darklady2831 agrees on this.
    Planes, would it be fine to allow anyone who has created a plane to edited the terrain and basic life (Fish, flies, insects) of that plane freely?
    Well that's how it IS in the rules So, I didn't use an action and you won't have to alter something.

@Fan: Which continent do you use for the creation? Because I don't know of any continents, that aren't touched by anything but the green

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Alcandor set himself down on one of the continents yet untouched by anything but the greenery of the plant God.
    Erm... I'm pretty sure that the only continent without mortal races on it is Fain's Bearing. Is that where you meant, Fan? Just checking, with boats now in play, it's one of the few places the Okyua might be able to reach. (Thanks for those, Fain! )

Also, Eshkigal, Thanks a ton for all those concepts! I will get to writing up the Okyua's growth from them when I get back later today, but suffice to say, Maya's in Baloma's debt, as well as Fain's.