Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

I am busy. To the point that I've had to split this last post up (next part incoming.)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

@Fan: Now, that I know just HOW important this Location is, I really want to know, where it is...
    couldn't you just decide on one of the current landmasses?

@DarkLady: If you'd invite me I'd do my very best to help just created Kapow on Obsidian Portal

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    @Fan: Now, that I know just HOW important this Location is, I really want to know, where it is...
    couldn't you just decide on one of the current landmasses?

@DarkLady: If you'd invite me I'd do my very best to help just created Kapow on Obsidian Portal
    I want to know where this location is, and why Alcandor is building a Divine Arena on the Material Plane...

Invited!
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yeah I've just been busy too. I am likely going to be going on a wiking... wiki-ing... wikiting?... binge this weekend writing up entries for the Kraken and Midgard Serpents at the very least.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I want to know where this location is, and why Alcandor is building a Divine Arena on the Material Plane...

Invited!
    Because building it on the sun is kinda prohibitive and unfair to the other gods. Material Plane is the only neutral plane we could build it on.

Also, so that I can fill the stands. What kind of arena doesn't have spectators?

Also as far as I've seen there's no existing map, but alright, I'll put it down on the same continents as the elves. May as well contain the fabled life to one continents. :P
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-14 at 06:10 PM.
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Because building it on the sun is kinda prohibitive and unfair to the other gods. Material Plane is the only neutral plane we could build it on.

Also, so that I can fill the stands. What kind of arena doesn't have spectators?

Also as far as I've seen there's no existing map, but alright, I'll put it down on the same continents as the elves. May as well contain the fabled life to one continents. :P
    Gehenna was MADE to be Neutral Ground among Gods (and their respective followings).

Any extra-planar creature is welcome in Gehenna.

Gods stronger than Fledgling can't walk the mortal world. So as soon as someone ascends to Lesser Deity then your 1-on-1 combat in an arena plan is shot to all hell.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Gehenna was MADE to be Neutral Ground among Gods (and their respective followings).

Any extra-planar creature is welcome in Gehenna.

Gods stronger than Fledgling can't walk the mortal world. So as soon as someone ascends to Lesser Deity then your 1-on-1 combat in an arena plan is shot to all hell.
    Huh, really?

Well I might need to move it to Ghenna then, though it makes Titans more of a planar creature.
    Plushrump ITP!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Also, yes we have no map, but we have descriptions of the lands in the Posts. The Elves aren't 'Fabled', but the Kraken and Thunderbirds are for example, and both aren't bound to lands

If you don't want to use Gehenna, you just could create a neutral Arena plane, or MAKE the Arena a plane... (the possibilities are endless )

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, really?

Well I might need to move it to Ghenna then, though it makes Titans more of a planar creature.
    You could have Titans live on every plane, including the material. They could travel via Plane Shift innate powers once per week or something if you want.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

RE: Souls. I get how it works, but for now Uraneth is very "hands-on". Its meant to be a point of conflict later, since she doesn't know that anything cares about souls. To her they are merely extensions of the people she... *cough* helps. And thus she keeps them with her so they never need to be apart.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    Also, yes we have no map, but we have descriptions of the lands in the Posts. The Elves aren't 'Fabled', but the Kraken and Thunderbirds are for example, and both aren't bound to lands

If you don't want to use Gehenna, you just could create a neutral Arena plane, or MAKE the Arena a plane... (the possibilities are endless )
    But I'm all out of AP for those kinds of actions. :P

I guess I'll just planar shift it later when I can make those kinds of choices.

Ah, to deal with a character who would never bother making anything less than fabled life.
    Plushrump ITP!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

So im thinking of making a race, but its not so much a race in its own as a corruption of all living races. Basically Uraneth's sadness overcomes them and they become zombie-esque, though not exactly the same. lots of gothic influences and slow corruption from the sorrow.

Are people okay with this, with the understanding that i will take evenly from all races, and that once they become this, they don't revert, it consumes them utterly. I will never take a hero, unless you want me to for plotline, or major characters, rather raising them from my own ranks.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    So im thinking of making a race, but its not so much a race in its own as a corruption of all living races. Basically Uraneth's sadness overcomes them and they become zombie-esque, though not exactly the same. lots of gothic influences and slow corruption from the sorrow.

Are people okay with this, with the understanding that i will take evenly from all races, and that once they become this, they don't revert, it consumes them utterly. I will never take a hero, unless you want me to for plotline, or major characters, rather raising them from my own ranks.
    They sound like undead, so I'd clear it with AddZable first. But otherwise, I'm fine... though, does it affect things without Free Will?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    I had an a similar idea using those stricken by madness, though I'd have my intended race enslave the victims of Mirgoroth's revelations.

I'm kinda wanting to make 'em magical 8ft humans with giant beards instead of mindflayers now though.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    I'm kinda wanting to make 'em magical 8ft humans with giant beards instead of mindflayers now though.
    Either way they're Apostates and will be destroyed.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

It NOT undead, which is probably the most significant part. Due to things that are coming soon from Uraneth, they become consumed by sorrow, but they DON'T spread it to others. to become Doomridden (placeholder name), you have to go to the source. It is corruption of a sort, but the creatures are still alive in every sense, just no longer possessed of the will they once had. It will affect things without free will, but MUCH slower, and only in special circumstances, like they become immersed in the water, or drink it constantly, like the trees.

17. - Top - End - #257

Either way they're Apostates and will be destroyed.
    Well, now I'm giving them horns as a gigantic middle finger for Nergath now.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, now I'm giving them horns as a gigantic middle finger for Nergath now.
    I'll smite you so hard!

But really, you declared war first.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Invitation sent.

Also, I seem to be the only person editing the Wiki. I'm wondering if this is because everyone else hasn't had the time, or if I've made a mistake and you all CAN'T edit the wiki despite being invited to the wiki.
    Sorry about this. In all honesty, BESIDES today I've been busy. I didn't do anything today because I slept literally the whole day. I just woke up now, and its' 01:56 AM here. I intend to go back to sleep extremely soon. I will go to the wiki fairly soon so as the edit in all the things pertaining to my god. Will also try to add anything glaring obvious that is missing.

I'm fine with this as long as you don't actually describe them as "Zombie-esque". The moment they're dead but still moving is the moment they fall under Uelticrat's domain.
    I'm fine if they ACT like zombies, but being actual zombies? I will eat your face. I will eat it hard and with much voracity D: .

..And after starting to read the IC thread..
    So it was that he took his fishing knife and plunged it into his chest, a smile on his face.
    Sounds very much like the person is, infact, dying.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-14 at 07:03 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

yea. they won't be zombies. if they die, they die. you'll see, i promise not to step on ur toes.

21. - Top - End - #261

I'll smite you so hard!

But really, you declared war first.
    This'll be fun. What can she do to fragments of his own soul who I guess worship him?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

This'll be fun. What can she do to fragments of his own soul who I guess worship him?
    I have some plans.

EDIT: And nobody feel BAD for not editing the Wiki. I asked because I wasn't sure if I had screwed up or not. I totally understand being busy, so don't sweat it. I'm just not comfortable making wiki pages to describe other players' creations beyond a basic "This is a big serpent that lives in the sea and eats everything." or "Winged People with swords of fire."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-14 at 07:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

I have some plans.
    I'm truly curious. Will she punish all mortals who worship him? I've got some plans too, but I'd kinda like to hear your answer before implementing it.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm truly curious. Will she punish all mortals who worship him? I've got some plans too, but I'd kinda like to hear your answer before implementing it.
    My answer all depends upon Mirmulnir's actions. So far he's done nothing illegal, just expressed his intent to rebel against Divine Law. Thus, she doesn't trust him, and she's particularly wary of anything touched by him. Unless he violates the Law, she won't do anything to him. If he does, even if he doesn't subscribe to it, she'll come after him.

25. - Top - End - #265

My answer all depends upon Mirmulnir's actions. So far he's done nothing illegal, just expressed his intent to rebel against Divine Law. Thus, she doesn't trust him, and she's particularly wary of anything touched by him. Unless he violates the Law, she won't do anything to him. If he does, even if he doesn't subscribe to it, she'll come after him.
    Oh, pfft, I don't care if she goes after him. I'm just curious if she'd take it out on his creations or mortals who worship him.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, pfft, I don't care if she goes after him. I'm just curious if she'd take it out on his creations or mortals who worship him.
    If they're in violation of Divine Law, yes. Otherwise, no.

Keep in mind, 'Faithless' are also those who think themselves equal to or better than the gods, meaning a lot of your creations might fall into that category despite worshipping a god. Which means Nergath will punish them mercilessly.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Right. Posting this from work so I can try to get a response by the time I get back.

Does anyone have dibs on healing magic?

Also, if we have a knowledge deity, does he mind if I give the world a memory? Think like a tree hivemind, or Eywa from Avatar (but less powerful) (so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

28. - Top - End - #268

If they're in violation of Divine Law, yes. Otherwise, no.

Keep in mind, 'Faithless' are also those who think themselves equal to or better than the gods, meaning a lot of your creations might fall into that category despite worshipping a god. Which means Nergath will punish them mercilessly.
    Hmm, my idea might be called for. Though, is it blasphemy to say fundamentally they're the same but practically very different. Like, how a grand of sand and a mountain are made of the same material, but are clearly very different.

EDIT: Plants are your thing, sean, do whatever you'd like. Depending on the specifics, you might have a demi-god whispering to it with the distinct possibility of driving anything conscious or otherwise connected insane.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-14 at 07:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, my idea might be called for. Though, is it blasphemy to say fundamentally they're the same but practically very different. Like, how a grand of sand and a mountain are made of the same material, but are clearly very different.
    To Nergath, it's Heresy to suggest that Deities and Mortals are in any way equal. Deities are fundamentally different in her eyes, they have 'the Spark'. Mortals on the other hand, do not, and they are always created by the gods, thus they are insignificant and their suffering is irrelevant.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Question, how can a deity break divine law at this point? Direct intervention on the Prime in someone else's worshippers? Creating free willed beings without true souls? I'm not sure how much stuff there is to break just yet, though there was a general agreement to let Nergath draft more divine law, subject to appeal.