New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of The Everlord (IC)

Gehenna
    As the stones glow, Baloma kneels down, examining the carvings before him of Skyen's dream.
    "It could be, it could be. It could be madness, it could be Father, or...hm."
    Baloma taps the spot where he sees Nergath's foe reared up, about to strike the final blow. Where she raises her hands in feeble attempt to ward herself, nothing can be seen of the one about to strike her down.
    "It could be that he has found some new fiend. I apologize, but the carvings seem to have trouble with dreams. What he cannot see, they cannot see. But he is a god, as well. We are made of different stuff, but many of our less vocal kin have faded from this creation. He dreamt of soulless things, with no maker of this realm, not even Mirmulnir, things that have come to pass in those who died before the soul came to be. But...what if this was where gods went when they died as well? We have no afterlife to speak of, they did not either, and while the concepts return to the aether, what had been before, the personality, the essence...that goes somewhere else, does it not?"
    Baloma taps his chin as he examines the carvings.
    "What if he speaks of an entity born by the Silence of Gods? Of the shells left behind when gods grow tired and the power fades, with none to take the mantle we held?"
    He taps at the spot about to strike down Nergath, a thing unknown.
    "What happens if that power tries to come back through it and does it wrong? Or the corpse begins capturing the power of the aether with nothing to stop it?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-09-09 at 05:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Highlands of Asagoria
    The swalbatrow was tired from its long journey.It came to rest on a rock seemingly no different then hundreds of others in this strange land, attempting to rearrange itself to be more comfortable it discovered it was stuck. Before it could try anything else the rock shifted and a clubbed pseudopod lashed out, bludgeoning the unfortunate bird to death. The mimic folds itself around the carcass, it will now have to digest its meal.

Spoiler
    Show

AP:13/15
    Create Animal/Monstrous Life AP 1 : Mimics are almost the same as the book version, but they're only as smart as an animal, 2 int not 10
    AP:12/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Gehenna
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gehenna
    As the stones glow, Baloma kneels down, examining the carvings before him of Skyen's dream.
    Baloma taps the spot where he sees Nergath's foe reared up, about to strike the final blow. Where she raises her hands in feeble attempt to ward herself, nothing can be seen of the one about to strike her down.
    "It could be that he has found some new fiend. I apologize, but the carvings seem to have trouble with dreams. What he cannot see, they cannot see. But he is a god, as well. We are made of different stuff, but many of our less vocal kin have faded from this creation. He dreamt of soulless things, with no maker of this realm, not even Mirmulnir, things that have come to pass in those who died before the soul came to be. But...what if this was where gods went when they died as well? We have no afterlife to speak of, they did not either, and while the concepts return to the aether, what had been before, the personality, the essence...that goes somewhere else, does it not?"
    "What if he speaks of an entity born by the Silence of Gods? Of the shells left behind when gods grow tired and the power fades, with none to take the mantle we held?"
    "What happens if that power tries to come back through it and does it wrong? Or the corpse begins capturing the power of the aether with nothing to stop it?"

At Balomas words, a sudden gasp escaped Fáin.
    "This... ...triggers something."
    Nervously wringing his hands, The Lost One continues haltingly, "At the beginning, I...
    ...I got lost in the darkness beyond the void, and there I saw something...
    ...something terrible, so terrible I lost my sight. I... can't say what it was, I only remember that it was...
    ...anathema to everything."

He sighed
    "I was very young then and I really didn't want to think about too much. In hindsight, that wasn't very wise, was it?
    Perhaps we should ask
    Syrid, he too travelled the darkness and his light is my sight, that he retrieved.
    I more and more have the feeling, that I took the visions of the
    Skyfather too lightly."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Azmodan
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrcerousflux View Post
    Azmodan contemplated only for a moment before answering Azreal's queston,

"Why dash her from the highest cliffs, when we could do so much more together?"

He grinned, crearly as his for recoalesed into a humainoid form again. His bloodlust was clear to all presant,

"And why waist these souls on angels when they could be such a potent weapon against our enslaving tyrant of an enemy?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Azmodan is tempting his older brother to greater acts of evil, and towards the creation of hellfire from the insane souls.
    Azrael's Hideout

Azrael chuckled, looking at his brother. "You misunderstand, brother. Using these souls to turn angels to our cause IS a weapon. Souls are pure energy, manifested and shaped by the experiences and choices they can make as mortals. I have nearly perfected the art of stripping away those choices and experiences, leaving only power and free will." He grinned. "That is what you devoured, what made you such as you are. Without a personality or mind of it's own, Angels like us assert our own wills in control of the soul. Thus we gain free will and power by possessing someone's tortured soul."

Azrael gestured to a nearby exit from the room. "Several dozen more souls await my work, and then I will find the greatest of our kind, and free them. Then we shall destroy Nergath, and break the chains of bondage that she placed upon us!" Azrael laughed, a quick, crazed sound that quietly echoed through the room. "But you have a point... if I can modify some souls, we can use them to create a weapon. Pure cosmic energy to be blasted and hurled at our enemies." Azrael turned, walking towards the Cells.

A few moments later, Azrael returns with a small leather bag. Something within glows brightly, and it is apparent that some souls are held within the satchel. "These are some of my other experiments, like the one I shoved into you, Azmodan. I need you to find a few powerful Angels, and bring them to our cause." The Angel places the bag on the table, nodding. "If you'll do that, I have a bit more work to do in preparation for our battle."

Spoiler: Baloma and Fain
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gehenna
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post

At Balomas words, a sudden gasp escaped Fáin.
    "This... ...triggers something."
    Nervously wringing his hands, The Lost One continues haltingly, "At the beginning, I...
    ...I got lost in the darkness beyond the void, and there I saw something...
    ...something terrible, so terrible I lost my sight. I... can't say what it was, I only remember that it was...
    ...anathema to everything."

He sighed
    "I was very young then and I really didn't want to think about too much. In hindsight, that wasn't very wise, was it?
    Perhaps we should ask
    Syrid, he too travelled the darkness and his light is my sight, that he retrieved.
    I more and more have the feeling, that I took the visions of the
    Skyfather too lightly."

Gehenna; Divine Court

Nergath nodded to Baloma. "Perhaps. I remain skeptical, but there is merit to your words." As fain speaks, she nods. "Should you wish, I would not object to you seeking them out and bringing them here to talk. In fact, I highly recommend you do just that."

Show
    Sorcerousflux, I'm giving you free reign to convert a few angels, one of which will be Ri-Shylas, C'nor's god.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Ominous Augur
    Skyen slumbered in the Void. . . somewhere among the stars. As he slumbered awaiting whatever catastrophe would fall a mist fell over Nergath, perhaps in her own mind, or perhaps without. The mist rose and blew throughout Gehenna, and it smelled like stale bread to Nergath. To others, they could not smell it. . .
    It was a warning. One final warning, but from who? Even Skyen did not know what would happen. An ominous voice thundered in the halls of Gehenna for only Nergath to hear.
    "Beware those closest to you. They are further from you still." A resounding thunder bolt, somehow not originating from the Storm Father Skyen, intangibly penetrated the plane of Gehenna, striking Nergath, penetrating her divine being. Perhaps it was all in her head, but a presence of shadow was seen just out of the corner of her own eyes for just a moment. It was an augur, a powerful spell cast by Skyen as he slept, without his willing effort, he had cast a spell to forewarn her. It was up to her to decipher the meaning of this.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-09-11 at 12:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Azrael's Hideout

Azrael chuckled, looking at his brother. "You misunderstand, brother. Using these souls to turn angels to our cause IS a weapon. Souls are pure energy, manifested and shaped by the experiences and choices they can make as mortals. I have nearly perfected the art of stripping away those choices and experiences, leaving only power and free will." He grinned. "That is what you devoured, what made you such as you are. Without a personality or mind of it's own, Angels like us assert our own wills in control of the soul. Thus we gain free will and power by possessing someone's tortured soul."

Azrael gestured to a nearby exit from the room. "Several dozen more souls await my work, and then I will find the greatest of our kind, and free them. Then we shall destroy Nergath, and break the chains of bondage that she placed upon us!" Azrael laughed, a quick, crazed sound that quietly echoed through the room. "But you have a point... if I can modify some souls, we can use them to create a weapon. Pure cosmic energy to be blasted and hurled at our enemies." Azrael turned, walking towards the Cells.

A few moments later, Azrael returns with a small leather bag. Something within glows brightly, and it is apparent that some souls are held within the satchel. "These are some of my other experiments, like the one I shoved into you, Azmodan. I need you to find a few powerful Angels, and bring them to our cause." The Angel places the bag on the table, nodding. "If you'll do that, I have a bit more work to do in preparation for our battle."

Azmodan casually picks up the satchel, swinging it over his back with a devilish smile. Wings of shadow unfurling from his back,

"Dont have too much fun without me."

And with that he was off, his body and possessions transforming into avian shapes of smoke, and toxins. He flew silently through the corridors until he reached the gates of heaven, then he swooped down to the mortal world; there was a very specific angel he wanted to corrupt.

The Mortal World

Azmodan knew exactly where she would be. She like so many angels was on the mortal plane, hunting those who would defy divine edicts. She was un- prepared to meet with the terrible fate carried on Azmodan's wings, but has he creeped towards her, he smiled; and only after poison filled her lungs to paralyze her, did her implant the soul into her body.

Show
    C'nor this would be your time to shine (come into existence) and it does carry some assumptions, but the rest is all yours.

watching her birth was interesting, but Azmodan was curious to see if see could fend for herself after her corruption, so he left her alone on the mortal plane as he made the flight back to Gehenna.

Azreal's Lair

"I have done as you asked, soon no tyrant will be able to stand before us."

He Grinned, and shot a glance at Azreal's experimental table,

however I will require more souls for the next phase of my plan; I wish to turn the greatest aspect of Nergath's regime against her

There was a pause, and he stared blankly for a moment; almost seeming to not be there, but his attention snapped back and he continued his briefing.

With more souls we could create legions of freed angels, and even conquer the nexus of Nergath's power. Soon even the counsel may bend to our will."

As he spoke air began to grow heavy all around Gehenna, it almost had the consistency, and thickness of blood; all felt the momentary omen of doom, but none could understand its meaning.
    Last edited by Sorrcerousflux; 2014-09-13 at 09:43 AM.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gehenna; Divine Court

"I am not too sure about all this myself.", Fáin replied. "But as we carry the responsibility for the World, I feel obliged to at least investigate."
    Bowing to the remaining deities he added, "May your home stay peaceful and secure.", and takes his leave into the Rainbow Routes.

The Void; Skyyen's location

Fáin stumbled out of the Rainbow Routes. That... felt unusual bumpy. What just happened? Oh...
    He realized the Skyfather lying in the Void, seemingly delirious.
    What to do? What to do?
    Shaking Skyyen, he called out, "Skyyen, come to you! You just left, I, no WE need more information! Please! Me too, I sense a danger! We have to do something! TOGETHER!"

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"All I can do is sleep." Skyen noted. "Something is wrong. I am made purely from the Maker. That is why I am the First. Nergath is made from both the Maker and the Devourer. She is First as well. I am unable to help her, and I may be unwise to work to do more than I already have in giving her warning. However, I have sent her a message through my mind as I slept. She must take the augur I have sent her in a vision and make use of it. I don't know if I can do anything else."

He thinks for a moment. "What do you want me to do?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-09-14 at 09:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Azmodan
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrcerousflux View Post

Azmodan casually picks up the satchel, swinging it over his back with a devilish smile. Wings of shadow unfurling from his back,

"Dont have too much fun without me."

And with that he was off, his body and possessions transforming into avian shapes of smoke, and toxins. He flew silently through the corridors until he reached the gates of heaven, then he swooped down to the mortal world; there was a very specific angel he wanted to corrupt.

The Mortal World

Azmodan knew exactly where she would be. She like so many angels was on the mortal plane, hunting those who would defy divine edicts. She was un- prepared to meet with the terrible fate carried on Azmodan's wings, but has he creeped towards her, he smiled; and only after poison filled her lungs to paralyze her, did her implant the soul into her body.

Show
    C'nor this would be your time to shine (come into existence) and it does carry some assumptions, but the rest is all yours.

watching her birth was interesting, but Azmodan was curious to see if see could fend for herself after her corruption, so he left her alone on the mortal plane as he made the flight back to Gehenna.

Azreal's Lair

"I have done as you asked, soon no tyrant will be able to stand before us."

He Grinned, and shot a glance at Azreal's experimental table,

however I will require more souls for the next phase of my plan; I wish to turn the greatest aspect of Nergath's regime against her

There was a pause, and he stared blankly for a moment; almost seeming to not be there, but his attention snapped back and he continued his briefing.

With more souls we could create legions of freed angels, and even conquer the nexus of Nergath's power. Soon even the counsel may bend to our will."

As he spoke air began to grow heavy all around Gehenna, it almost had the consistency, and thickness of blood; all felt the momentary omen of doom, but none could understand its meaning.

Gehenna; Azrael's Hideout

Azrael chuckled, flexing his fingers within his new gauntlet. It was covered in sigils and runes, and the palm had been carved with an intricate pentagram lines with upside-down angelic lettering. He grinned, grabbing a second gauntlet and throwing it to Azmodan. "What do you think I was doing while you were out?" He asked playfully. "These gauntlets have been scribed with the formula for reducing a soul to free will. Grab hold of one and it will be converted into the things we used to gain our independence. Then you can shove it into other angels. Azrael turned, heading towards the exit, flexing his wings.

He stopped before exiting the cave, and looked to Uraneth. "Thank you for all of your aid, Lady Uraneth. If you could distract Nergath while we begin our plan, then consider your offer accepted." He bowed, before motioning to Azmodan. "We have work, brother." He said, running out of the cave and flapping his wings. He soared into the Air, flying towards the Celestial Gate.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Azreal
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Gehenna; Azrael's Hideout

Azrael chuckled, flexing his fingers within his new gauntlet. It was covered in sigils and runes, and the palm had been carved with an intricate pentagram lines with upside-down angelic lettering. He grinned, grabbing a second gauntlet and throwing it to Azmodan. "What do you think I was doing while you were out?" He asked playfully. "These gauntlets have been scribed with the formula for reducing a soul to free will. Grab hold of one and it will be converted into the things we used to gain our independence. Then you can shove it into other angels. Azrael turned, heading towards the exit, flexing his wings.

He stopped before exiting the cave, and looked to Uraneth. "Thank you for all of your aid, Lady Uraneth. If you could distract Nergath while we begin our plan, then consider your offer accepted." He bowed, before motioning to Azmodan. "We have work, brother." He said, running out of the cave and flapping his wings. He soared into the Air, flying towards the Celestial Gate.

"Oh but of course, brother. My wings are yours."

Azmodan followed his elder to the gate, after winking to Uraneth,

"Thanks for the help, hope ill be able to pay you back."
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Uraneth laughs, a beautiful sound but for Azmodan's knowledge of the true evil of the woman. "I'm sure you will." As he flew away.

Uraneth does not need to fly. Such conveyances were beyond her. She simply appears near Nergath as the goddess is alone. Her face is shocked and pale, far more pale than usual. "Nergath, you must come quickly. I have found something, something horribly wrong with the souls. Hurry!" She creates a portal for the other goddess to step through and runs through herself.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That would be the portal to the ambush site.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"It is, the Devourer. His last act of physical interaction with anything before he finally passed on for good, was to lash out at that which resembled the Maker. I was born purely from the Maker. As I was pierced by the Devourer's attack, I was tainted with his power, and that made me into a mad man. I still had sense of mind, and I foresaw things in the future. It was what will come to pass, but nothing like it has ever happened before. There is nothing that will come from beyond our dimension, but it must somehow come from the Devourer. Whether any of us will die from him, I can only assume the first of us will go, but not all of us."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Orcs on Volcanaan continued to expand. A lose code was formed, a code of pure strength. Kill someone in a higher rank than you, and you could take their place. In this way, those few slaves who remained discontent had a goal to strive for, and planned no rebellion. And, always, Kasha stayed on top, wielding his new sword with the same skill he took to all martial pursuits with.

The Okuya prisoners, though, were an exception. Rather than just oppressed, they were actively tortured, as the Orcs sought knowledge that the sailors did not possess. Knowing how to man a ship and knowing how to build one, after all, were two completely different things. Those Orcs assigned to the captured mage had more luck. For all his strength and stubbornness, he was broken in the end, and some few of the fallen elves started to pick up on glimmerings of flame magic.

After a long, brutal day of failing to answer questions he did not know the answers to, Patrick was thrown back into the holding pen where the captured Okuya were kept. Groaning, he raised himself out of the mud, spitting to clear it from his mouth. They weren't even dignified with a cell, so little esteem did the Orcs hold them in. But without weapons, they had no chance to oppose the Orcs.

Still, he refused to give up. Better to die free than to live a slave. He, and a few of his friends, planned a breakout attempt. They had fashioned crude weapons from stones and crude scraps of clothing, and tonight, they would fight for their lives. Perhaps they would even escape, to one of the free elf tribes the warriors spoke of. More likely, they would die, but that too was an escape from this living hell.

The rock under his hand suddenly squirmed, and he jerked his hand away. But rather than some animal, he saw instead a bizarre statue. Two animals fought each other, constantly in motion, locked in eternal combat. He had never seen such a thing, and wondering, he lifted it from the ground, peering closer. When a voice echoed in his head, he gasped and almost dropped the statue, before tightening his grip and holding on, disbelieving.

The voice in his mind seemed amused and approving. "The one for whom this gift was meant turned it down, but I see now that this was fortunate. It is far more fitting for one such as you. You lack not the courage to rise up and fight, merely the strength. So I will give it to you."

In his hand, the endless fight between the beasts reached a sudden conclusion. One of them got a grip on the other's throat, smashing it to the floor. The raking claws of the loser tore a gash across his wrist, and he hissed at the pain, but did not dare to move. Blood flowed from the neck of the fallen animal, mingling with the blood flowing from his cut, and a strange sensation ran through his veins. Then the statue was still, fixed as a wooden image of a beast standing above its fallen rival. And the wound on his wrist was knitting closed with impossible speed.

"Just as the gift was given to you by blood, it can be shared through blood. Find your friends, and mingle your blood with theirs to share it with them. As for a timescale for it to fully activate, hmmm. You need a signal to tell you the time is right. The moon waxes full in scarce three days. That should give you the time you need."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    AP: 14/15
    PAP: 2/2

Create Magical Life (Take a Guess): 3 AP
    Create Lesser Concept (Sling): 1 AP

AP: 12/15
    PAP: 0/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Skyen looked downward towards the people below. . . as he spoke with truth but discolored sayings to Fain. Then, looking to Fain, he smiled. "Perhaps it is just delirious sayings of an injured god, but I doubt that this all just for the sake of empty rambling. "Empty ramblings don't cause chest wounds, comatose gods and evil spirits that the gods cannot explain except in fevered whispers."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: The Void, Skyyen & Fáin
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    "All I can do is sleep." Skyen noted. "Something is wrong. I am made purely from the Maker. That is why I am the First. Nergath is made from both the Maker and the Devourer. She is First as well. I am unable to help her, and I may be unwise to work to do more than I already have in giving her warning. However, I have sent her a message through my mind as I slept. She must take the augur I have sent her in a vision and make use of it. I don't know if I can do anything else."

He thinks for a moment. "What do you want me to do?"

"It is, the Devourer. His last act of physical interaction with anything before he finally passed on for good, was to lash out at that which resembled the Maker. I was born purely from the Maker. As I was pierced by the Devourer's attack, I was tainted with his power, and that made me into a mad man. I still had sense of mind, and I foresaw things in the future. It was what will come to pass, but nothing like it has ever happened before. There is nothing that will come from beyond our dimension, but it must somehow come from the Devourer. Whether any of us will die from him, I can only assume the first of us will go, but not all of us."

Skyen looked downward towards the people below. . . as he spoke with truth but discolored sayings to Fain. Then, looking to Fain, he smiled. "Perhaps it is just delirious sayings of an injured god, but I doubt that this all just for the sake of empty rambling. "Empty ramblings don't cause chest wounds, comatose gods and evil spirits that the gods cannot explain except in fevered whispers."

"What I want you to do?!", Fáin shook his head, "I am not one to tell others what to do. I'm just worried. About you, about your visions, about the world...

I don't know about this Maker or Devourer, I got lost soon after my... ...well, coming into existence. And I was young then, I can't remember events from this time very well.
    But I saw things in the Darkness, horrible things. And now, I worry, that there might be a connection, between your visions and what I saw, when I was still able to see."

He paused, thinking, "I simply can't and won't to tell you what to do. Me too, I'm not sure if those are delirious visions or something much more important. But I think we shouldn't take it lightly. I will go, looking for Syrid, who also ventured the Darkness, perhaps he can bring light into this mystery.

As for you, rest if you need, but I feel, that if there is some truth to our premonitions, we should prepare, prepare to guard each other and above all the World and the mortals on it.

I hope to see you soon."

And with this, the Traveller enters into the Rainbow Roads...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I will either wait for Syrid to post, before finding him, or until Negath is assaulted.
    Because, then Fáin will realize that he can't enter the World anymore andf so on...

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The girl, Marcella turned away from Syrid, falling to her knees, screaming once again, though this time not from pain but from... awe? terror? Syrid did not know. It had been strange of course seeing the other gods initially, but his reaction had not been volatile. The girl vomited into the corner of the room. Poor thing. She was certainly stressed, and now she was afraid as well. Syrid sighed, it apparent that the gods could simply not walk among mortals as though they were the same. He Knelt down next to the girl, and taking the candle from the nightstand of the patient blew out the flame so the room was cast into shadow.

When Marcella had awoken, She found an envelope written in what did not not appear to be ink but a thicker, blacker liquid that almost seemed to crawl across the page. It rested quietly against a strange black candle, the wick still yet unburned. It read:

Dear Marcella,
    It is apparent to me that I cannot guide you in person, despite my attempt. This distresses me greatly, as your willpower and steadfastness have caught my attention, and I wish to help you in this time of confusion and chaos. I offer you my boon for whatever you may need, but as I know you worship Maya, I will allow you to choose your blessing.

I will remove these souls from your care. Shades of my own creation will attend to the needs of the insane, and you will be able to rest knowing that your job is being completed.

I will make a donation, as I spoke of earlier. You and the hospital here will never lack for food or money again, but you will always have exactly as much as you need.

I will cure this madness, permanently. These men and women will be released of the darkness that clouds their minds, and will be at peace. Now I must warn you, there is a price to this choice, one so great that many men would not pay it in a thousand lifetimes. This madness is not my doing, and I can not remove it fully, only release these people of it.

I have given you these choices. when you make a decision, burn this candle to the bottom, and I will return to you.

Syrid returned to the land of the gods, but could not help but feel a shudder run down his spine. He walked slowly down to see the souls of thte world being filed into lines for proccessing. It was... sad. many of these spirits had no place to go. He would consult Nergath about this. "Hello?" He called, hoping he goddess would find him. His voice reverberated and returned to him. Where was she? certainly not on the mortal plane.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

2/15 + 2 rollovers
    10/15

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Syrid continued searching for the other goddess. He found nothing, no sign of her anywhere save what she had created. This concerned him greatly, as she could not be on the mortal plane, she was forbidden. Perhaps this was the death that Skyen had spoke of in such strange and fragmented tones. He would speak to the other gods and find out what it meant. He approached the tower that Maya had been spending her time in, and while it still stood with all its splendor, something was different, though Syrid could not place it.

He must have walked around the tower for hours looking for her, finding nothing. As wildly chaotic as Lady luck had always been it was unlike her to simply leave. He hoisted the lantern upon his back, contemplating the strangeness of what was happening. It was lucky the light was behind him, for he did not see it dim as he left the tower.

He went to visit Her Luminescence in the grand hall of the sun, and while the very plane burned the shadows off of him, still he pressed on, looking for someone, anyone, that was still left. He called but got nothing save his own echo. Even in the sun he felt a chill, and the beacon's once illuminating light seemed to die completely.

He returned to earth, walking the path's looking for Fain, searching the Horizon for the glimpse of Skyen's storm, even sitting on the edge of the oceans shore, calling for Sahu. He got no responses, and the air around the lantern turned black and cold, so much that Syrid could no longer avoid the reality of the situation that was evident around him.

He sat on the bank of the Lake of Sorrows, under the willow that had seen so much joy and sadness. He would not give himself to the lake, no, but he thought of it many times.

The mortals never noticed. They continued their lives, moving and singing and killing and loving. They soon forgot about the gods, and consumed with the revelry and ingenuity of their own mortality, who could say they truly needed it. Syrid still walked among them on occasion, but the world was simple a shadow of its former self. His lantern was a burden now, weighing every thought and movement down with the memories of the forgotten gods. The mortals sensed nothing different. they never would.

---

Syrid sat in a field, The only other god he could find asleep in a circle of flowers. He could not awaken her, despite his greatest efforts. Here he waited. He did his best to guide the mortals, for it was all he could do. It was all he could to not fade away like the others. But Mortals live and die so fast, and soon millennium had passed in front of the shepherd god's eyes. The Tower of Night had fallen to ruin, and the ships that once sailed the seas lay neglected as new, Larger boats took their place. The Tunnels of the Molnar had collapsed and changed and been created anew so many times that the very earth was spider webbed with cracks. The Orc's weapons became so frightening they could light the sky ablaze, and dry the oceans. The lantern swallowed all the light around it now, and horrified its bearer, who saw nothing but darkness in the shadows.

The end of the mortal races came in a single instant. Syrid did not know how, or where, but one day there was simply a flash and the mortals were gone. Syrid rose from the goddess next to him and roamed the dying earth, finding not even the souls of the dead to carry with him. It was then that he knew what he had to do. With a sigh he spoke softly to himself, remembering all the events from the lifetimes of fathomless numbers of people he spoke the last words the dead universe would ever hear.

"Let there be darkness" and with that the lonely god extinguished the lanterns flame.

Perhaps this is the way it simply had to be. But just as the sun sets only to rise again, A new world arose, and just as it was destined to, it began with a light in the midst of darkness.

Spoiler: AP usage
    Show

15 AP
    Ragnarok -15 AP:Syrid begins the world anew. Seeing as he was not as powerful as the everlord, this world is one of small gods, and simple creation.
    But all things grow.
    It was a pleasure playing with you all, I hope you are still subscribed.
    Final AP:0/0
    Last edited by squidpope; 2014-10-05 at 08:45 AM.