New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep IV: Magic Babble lies within

Inside

"I'm glad I could help."
    Thad says with a nod as he takes a seat across from Cessie. As he sits he pulls off his uniform jacket and folds it across his lap meticulously. "Um...no thanks. I'm fine I think. Thanks for the offer though. And I really appreciate the chance for the interview. I had to leave my last job last week as some things about hostile robots came to light and because of it I fear I'm a little desperate to find a new job. This one almost seems a little too good to be true." He admits, looking up at her with a shy smile. Despite being told not to be nervous, he quite clearly is as he reaches up to brush his hair back behind his right ear as a way to fidget. As he does so, he reveals a tiny sapphire earring, and while it's unusual, it's not that weird considering the rest of the Nexus.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Inside

Cessie wasn't as used to nexus strangeness as your average nexusite might be as she mostly just talked with friends and family. But even she couldn't consider a earring weird. They were even fashionable among some male nobles back in Hestopia. She nods at his reply. Robots? "So what was your last job exactly?" She asks, looking at him curiously. "I'm not sure what people have told you about me that makes it such a perfect job, but I might be a bit out of touch with the every-day life Inside even if I live right next to it."

[Fall]

"Swimming would be an option, but I'm not really sure it's an hobby unless I try to go semi-professional." I'm sure she can be corrected on this point. "I'd like to learn something new however, surely you or maybe Adir would know a few physical hobbies? Like a sport."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

"I was a night guard at a childrens' entertainment facility. I'm not allowed to say the name due to the legal contract I was forced to sign, but during night their robots came to life and tried to hunt me."
    He says, shuddering at the memories. "I broke the things in self-defense, but they wanted me to pay for repairs. Needless to say, I had to leave due to a difference in opinion." Thad admits with a sigh before shaking his head. "As for this job and you, I've never seen a babysitting and housekeeping position offer to pay this much, and taking care of children has never been that hard for me anyway. I'm the eldest of five brothers and the others are quite a bit younger than I am." He explains with a grin.

4. - Top - End - #274

Inside

Cessie blinks, robots coming to life trying to murder you...? She certainly hadn't expected anyone she had attempted to hire to have such experiences, but there had been a few other interested with even weirder resumes so it wasn't too shocking. It felt like someone really should face trial for that kind of thing though. "Erm, so sell yourself to me. Why do you think you might be the best candidate for this job besides what you previously mentioned?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Thad reaches into his back pocket to pull out an envelope, offering it to her. "As I said, I'm the eldest of several brothers and have learned to take care of them. This place is on my way home from school for the most part and I can devote at least as much time as you call for to it. The envelope has my official transcript from school, proving that I have good grades and have always done so if that matters to you. My reflexes are good and even though it is generally simple food, I do know how to cook, plus I know how to do laundry." He explains before taking in a deep breath to continue. "Messes aren't anything new to me, so I doubt there's anything your children could throw at me that'd be surprising, and overall, I tend to be excellent with children. Finally, I can stay here or at the boarding school depending on your need for that day. The school has no issues with me living off-campus as long as it is with someone respectable, and that way I can be here whenever you need me, and away if you desire time by yourself."

At the end, he looks back down at his hands and wrings them together in silence for a couple heartbeats before looking back up. "I doubt I'm the most qualified individual, but I can at least promise to try the hardest at it."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

Sakura laughs. "You say that like we have any free time for that kind of thing. I'm just glad I have enough time to take care of the garden. That's more relaxing than something to fill the time with, though."

7. - Top - End - #277

Inside

Cessie accepts it as she listens to his resume but doesn't open it. "To be honest." She starts once he's finished. "You're actually the best one so far." She declares while putting away the envelope for later use. Thad seemed like a very honest and upright person. "What sort of school do you go to exactly?"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Thad looks honestly surprised when she tells him he's the best one so far. "If...If I'm the best, I'm afraid to ask what the others were like." He admits before shrugging a bit. "Not sure how to explain. It's an all-boy boarding school with advanced classes and compulsory athletics programs to keep us in shape. I'm not too into sports myself, but I'm on the biking team and in debate. The debate team lets me avoid the sports programs. I hate to say it, but I find most such competitions to be a little too brutal and unnecessary." He explains. "My main areas of study are in morality, ethics and biology, and for those I'm in the advanced classes for. I admit I'm not sure what I can do with such an education, but I find it interesting enough."

9. - Top - End - #279

Inside

"There haven't actually been that many so far." Cessie replies. "To be honest I didn't think my note was all that noteworthy but perhaps there are going to be more in the future. But don't sell yourself too short, you seem like a very upright person Thad and that's something I put a lot of value into. Where are your parents?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

"They live in Westside. The school is a little far to be making daily trips back and forth, so I stay there and ride my bike back home for the weekends or whenever they need me. I admit it makes things a little rough whenever I need to head back during the week and come back the next morning, but they're family afterall."
    He points out. "My father is a banker, mid-management, and my mother runs an art gallery for upcoming artists. I'm afraid I didn't get their talents for numbers or art, much to the dismay of some of my teachers." Thad adds with a smile.

11. - Top - End - #281

Inside

Cessie nods, listening close to what Thad has to say. "I see, so how do you work with people then? Besides Garn, there is also my servant Kirin and Xavier who sometimes help me with my research. You might have work together with at least Garn and Kirin at times and I know that my gargoyle can be a bit difficult at times."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Thad looks up at Garn for a moment, looking him over before turning back to Cessie with a shrug. "If Garn is difficult to work with, I think it'd just be because he cares a lot about you guys. As long as I keep that in mind I think we'll get along perfectly." He points out. "I won't cause any difficulty with them and I tend to work well with others. Like I said, I'm the eldest of several brothers. I kinda had to learn how." He says with a smile.

13. - Top - End - #283

Inside

Garn, who seems to have been looking at Thad all this time, instantly look away, seemingly pretending he never did.
    "I trust your word, Thad. If you just will give me your phone number I'll call you once I decided. I think you have a pretty good chance though." She says with her arms crossed over her chest.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Thad stands, sensing that the meeting is likely over and passes over a small slip of paper from his pocket. "My cell is on there, as well as my home number when I'm not at the Boarding School. If it's the weekend, I'll likely be at home." He tells her before smiling. "And thank you for this, Mrs. Mithar. I really appreciate you giving me a chance to speak my piece."

15. - Top - End - #285

Inside

Cessie accepts the note, folds it gently and then puts it in her pocket. "Excellent. I'll call you if there is anything Thad." She gets up, ready to follow him to the gate.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving

"Thank you, Mrs. Mithar. If I don't get it, call anyway please. I'd like to hear one way or another."
    Thad admits before heading out on his bike.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Fall]

Sakura laughs. "You say that like we have any free time for that kind of thing. I'm just glad I have enough time to take care of the garden. That's more relaxing than something to fill the time with, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Leaving

"Thank you, Mrs. Mithar. If I don't get it, call anyway please. I'd like to hear one way or another."
    Thad admits before heading out on his bike.
    [Fall]

Garden work, relaxing? But that's what servants did! "I guess you must be even busier than me with all those babies of yours. But what's Adir doing all day? Taking care of the babies?" It felt nice talking about other people than herself now. Whatever made her think of something else than Harnel.

Leaving

"Farewell Thad, it was nice meeting you." Cessie bids him farewell.

Some time later That's phone will call, wonder who it is? If he has added Cessie, he can probably see that it's her however.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Phone

There's a multitude of voices on the other line, most of them boys shouting back and forth, taunting and playing, but there's also the sound of a woman getting them all silent. Finally Thad's voice answers on the other side. "Sorry about that, Mrs. Mithar." He apologizes as some snickering happens in the background that is quickly silenced. Likely by a glare. "It's good to hear from y- CHAD! Get down from the tree! We are not having a repeat of last year! One Thanksmas in the ER was enough to last a lifetime!" He yells before going back to the phone. "S-Sorry, Ma'am."

19. - Top - End - #289

Phone

Chad and Thad? Guess someone liked their children's names to rhyme.
    Yes, as a mother she now has the right to judge what other mothers have named their children.
    "Is this a bad time? Should I call back later?" Cessie asks.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Phone

"Not at all, sorry. He's the mischief maker among us so he does this sort of thing all the time."
    He explains. After that he just stays silent, not sure whether or not he should ask right off if he's gotten the job or not.

21. - Top - End - #291

Phone

"Alright. I just wanted to tell you that you got the job. You can start on monday. But I'd like you to visit tomorrow already so I can show you the ropes. Could you come after you're done school? I'm still not sure what times you're preoccupied." The sorceress says.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-22 at 09:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"He's helping with the kids all the time, and doing yard work too. He keeps talking about wanting to get another job. He's a bit worried about money. I thiunk we're doing alright, though." Sakura tries to play it off as nothing, but it's been starting to be a concern even to her. Kids cost a lot of money. She never would have expected.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Phone

"Uh, certainly! I can come over now considering it is Thanksmas break. Anything I need to bring with me?"
    He asks, barely holding back his excitement over getting the job.

24. - Top - End - #294

Phone

"Perhaps a notebook, otherwise nothing I can think of. But if you have your own ideas, go ahead. I'm just supposed to show you around after all." Cessie replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Fall]

"He's helping with the kids all the time, and doing yard work too. He keeps talking about wanting to get another job. He's a bit worried about money. I thiunk we're doing alright, though." Sakura tries to play it off as nothing, but it's been starting to be a concern even to her. Kids cost a lot of money. She never would have expected.
    [Fall]

"If you have any economical difficulties, don't hesitate to ask me for help, Sakura. You have had a large infusion of children after all. It can't be something you had been expecting so soon." Cessie tells Sakura.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-23 at 08:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Phone => Entrance

"I'll be right over." Thad promises before hanging up. About a half hour later he pulls up on his bicycle, backpack on his back. He's dressed in casual clothing, blue jeans, blue polo shirt, and a light jacket with the front open.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"Don't worry about us, Cessie. We'll be just fine. I know it." Sakura says, but with a grateful smile for her friend. "It's not like we didn't know what we were getting into. Even if we had a couple surprises."

27. - Top - End - #297

Entrance

This time Cessie is there to greet him. "Welcome Thad, how nice to see you again." She says with a smile. "Your parents approve of this, I hope?"

[Fall]

"You could say. Cessie says with a faint smile. "Is Adir still upset? Since it was definitely a bad call on my part."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

It takes Sakura a moment to realize what Cessie is referring to. "Oh, that? Uh, it hasn't come up in a while." She says awkwardly. She knows Adir would still be upset if it were brought up, though.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Thad smiles back to his new employer. "They do. Well, my mother does. Father is away so much that he doesn't know yet." He admits with a small shrug. If Garn is there, the young man will give him a wave to acknowledge his presence and to say hello.

30. - Top - End - #300

Entrance

The gargoyle isn't around at the moment. It's probably doing some work around the keep or something. "Oh, what does he do for a living?" Cessie asks casually as she starts moving further into the keep, expecting Thad to follow. She's planning to start off with the kitchen where all the baby food is.

[Fall]

"I've locked away all the apples and in this cold the trees sure aren't going to produce any more for a while." Cessie admits rather pointlessly. But she felt bad for what had happened so she felt she had to do something about it. "I'm glad that you feel that you're doing okay though despite all that's happened."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-01-11 at 04:43 PM.