New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep & Frescot House IV: Magic babble lies within

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

The lock cracks, allowing the invader to enter. Inside they can see that the armory now is nearly empty. Once Harnel stored the weapons he made here but after the divorce he took those weapons with him. Now only a few tools remain. There aren't any adamantine bars here though, they must be somewhere else.
    [Mithar Keep]

Hmm... well, of course all that sort of stuff wouldn't be in plain sight. The new body had given Grace... differing senses. She couldn't quite see, not really. No eyes, after all. But her 'hearing' and pressure detection had been improved dramatically. She skims briefly around the armory, tapping her sword lightly against the floor and walls, listening for any irregularities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Living Room]

"DC, or Three as you call him, is an intelligent man, but he wasn't the best negotiator. If I'm to explain myself I recall him presenting his case rather poorly at the time and then he flew into a terrible rage when we didn't seem to agree. In hindsight it was a mistake but done is done. At least AMEN's presence is nearly completely non-existent these days so perhaps something good came out of it." Cessie explains herself very briefly. "But I hope you didn't came here just to discuss mistakes of the past. There are new foes to fight after all."

[Break in!]

She can sense a great space underneath the floors. It seems like this place has a large cellar underneath it. Some searching will reveal that there is in fact a hatch. The hatch is of course also locked, like why wouldn't it be?

[Fey Drunkenness

Cessie will be taking the two drunk fey here!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"And old ones. See, you all have an obvious shared enemy in those...demon things he went on about, but there's the problem," Fields begins. "With him and a lot of your old support gone, I'm guessing you're all investigation and no bite, and he's the same way in reverse - lots of raw power, but too preoccupied with business between Riverside and Altaran to investigate very much. I'm not expecting everyone to be friends again, but if your intelligence was shared with him, he could act accordingly, and a pissed-off Class A like him is one hell of a force...especially when he's one of those that refuses to die."

Wait.

'One of those?'

She doesn't elaborate as she moves on. "I think just hearing either of you called that a mistake would shake him from his usual...attitude long enough for him to think about it. So what do you think?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #754

[Living Room]

Cessie doesn't respond right away, instead she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment. "I'm not sure. I recall talking to DC being rather stressful and we have gained several allies in his absence. We still lack that military power he provided however. That much is true." She pauses again and rubs her forehead tiredly. "I don't think this is the right situation for pride however. These 'demons' are getting bolder and more aggressive, recently they even burned down one of my friends home as a 'warning'. So things are more serious than they might seem. Do you know if the union or DC even care about the demon-situation?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

Fields frowns. "Well, and I'll admit this is guesswork, but...he was 'killed' by someone who he'd considered handing Evolution Industries to if he couldn't stay active after dying, wasn't he? I know that much from the 'will' he had published. I don't know who that was, but if your fellow leader's mention of it was any indication, it sounds pretty bad, and I know Three definitely doesn't trust easily. Whoever that was...it doesn't sound like he thought they'd ever do that, and that coming from him says a lot," she explains. "So yes, I'd say he'd definitely want to know if they had a hand in it, if they're this...corrupting influence he said they are. He already suspects Vigil had demon infiltrators from that break-in at one of your safehouses during our...Chimera's attack on Riverside. Find him someone to blame for it and it'll be easy to direct what he does, angry tin-plated bastard that he is."

Wow, little manipulative streak there.

Then she sighs as she considers the other part of the question. "As for Altaran and his people...the outlook's not good on them helping you. They won't act using too much of their military power at once because they're afraid of Chimera opportunism, but they might be persuaded to provide small-scale assistance. Problem is, they probably think you're all morons after that mess with Three and would've liked to leave you to die, based on the Anomalous Solutions intelligence I had. I don't know how much that would've changed, but between that mess with Three and your willingness to protect that bioterrorist, they probably think you'll throw them under the bus without a second thought if it suits you, like they think you did with all of Riverside." One has to admit that doesn't sound like it'd inspire confidence from anything resembling a government.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

[Break in!]

She can sense a great space underneath the floors. It seems like this place has a large cellar underneath it. Some searching will reveal that there is in fact a hatch. The hatch is of course also locked, like why wouldn't it be?
    [Break In!]

No doubt. Grace is losing patience for such reasonable security measures, however, and such she pulls off one of her gauntlets, aiming an illusory hand at the hatch. Blasting time!

7. - Top - End - #757

[Living Room]

"Yes, we do believe his death indirectly was the work of these 'demons' thanks to their influence. KR was one of our previous leaders and basically "Three's" daughter. She would never have done something like that otherwise." Maybe, KR and DC hadn't got along for quite a while before that if she recalled correctly. "We're on the look-out for that now though to make sure that doesn't happen again." Little did they know what would have happened if the staff KR carried hadn't been destroyed.

"But what is Chimera then and why are they so worried? DC played them up as quite a threat, but so far I've just seen them resort to terrorism. They're some kind of empire aren't they?" Better than to discuss VIGIL's actions yet again. Perhaps Chimera would be a threat in the future.

[Break In!]

((I'll post here tomorrow, gotta sleep.))

8. - Top - End - #758
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"Wait, Three...never mind. Okay. Chimera, don't think about that," Fields says, shaking her head and trying not to think of how that came about. "Okay, you know Three and the UDN High Commander, Prince Vyrn Altaran, are from the same world. Three probably let everyone know that the Chimera Syndicate is the corporate alliance that controls most of our world already, and the bulk of their actual military power's back there. But, like you might've guessed, there's quite a bit of instability that allows travel to and from, and the Syndicate as a whole doesn't think it can afford to let the Nexus go unsupervised. Some want to take full control, others just want oversight, though they're all in agreement that the UDN as it is now has to go, due to it being under Altaran's control. Him being the heir to a former superpower Chimera took down in a war," she explains.

"Executed the rest of his family to decapitate this cult they had around them, but he escaped and went on to do a lot of things you already know about, and accordingly he's considered a fugitive with a military and a grudge. UDN can't threaten Chimera out of the Nexus yet and they know it, and they've largely been floating around daring him to do anything, knowing that if he does, they'll have an opportunity to strike. Chimera's presence is conceivably possible for the Union to eliminate, but not without committing extreme amounts of their resources to do and opening them up to other attacks. Now, if Chimera dedicated more to this whole thing, they'd stomp Altaran flat, but that's the weird part - their chief military force, controlled by the Infinite Descent corp, refuses to commit more to this, so Anomalous Solutions, which I used to belong to as B-2171, has started resorting to unorthodox tactics to try to take out Altaran and Three at the minimum. They were pretty happy when Three 'died,' but obviously that turned out to be an A-1 type situation. I'll...explain that one in a moment. I wish I'd gotten to see the look on those slave-drivers' faces," she continues, looking dreadfully amused as she imagines the reaction to that. "The other main corp, Enclave Materials, doesn't really care about these concerns and just sticks around to profit off infrastructure work for AS and ID. And then things get complicated." That amusement vanishes, replaced by a look that seems positively worried. "Because Anomalous Solutions isn't just here for Altaran and Three."

"See, Three's not the only one of his kind, and I don't mean in the same sense that we're both 'Anomalies.' The Class A's are something else, every one, and there are three others, A-1, A-2, and A-4. One is...his powers are really similar to mine, but superior in every way. Where I just make barriers or maybe a very simple construct and can't exactly move it with my mind," she starts, pointing upward at a suddenly-present floating square of hardlight and immediately dismissing it. "One can make similar things, except he can change them, direct them, and more. Razor storms, weaponry, only limited by his god complex as the first Class A and lack of creativity, and the part where he's as dead as Three is. There have been sightings of him after his death to a sniper shot over thirty years ago, his body reconstituted as some kind of construct made of shaped, moving forcefields. He's been disrupted, but always comes back, though fortunately he can't summon those things inside people anymore. One with access to a resurrection would be nearly impossible to contain, and AS wants the means to kill him for real before he can pull it off. We don't know of any manifestations in the Nexus, but it's only a matter of time. That's A-1."

A pair of hardlight barriers in the shape of two tally marks appear in the air. "A-2 is one I honestly know next to nothing about, because ID somehow got her before AS could, a little after One died. According to what ID bothered sharing, she's some kind of unnatural battle planner, but that'd hardly constitute a Class A. There are stories, though, about what happened to One, and from captured Altaran Dominion troops back during the war. That there was no clear shot on One and he must've been killed by an impossible ricochet, and that ID forces demonstrated impossible precision from artillery strikes and sniper attacks, as if directed by someone who could see the future. We never verified it, but there are a lot of questions about Two that remain unanswered, and I guarantee she's somehow related to ID's bizarre behavior." Two more tally marks appear.

"And...A-4." Fields shudders at merely mentioning the designation. "Four's a monster. He - if you can really call him a he, he was originally but at any given moment he's whatever he wants to be - is an extremely powerful bio-manipulator who shapes, consumes, and generally has masterful control over life within a short distance around him. Shapeshifting, ridiculous biotechnology, the works. Four's the only Anomaly we know of that we think might've stood a chance versus One in a straight fight before his death. Picture someone with shapeshifting ability, and the power to replace lost or damaged biomass with that of anyone and anything around you, consuming it to fuel their own life, and shifting into things that aren't anywhere near human, ravening monsters with eyes, teeth, claws, ****ing organic ballistic weaponry and even lasers, with no central anatomy you can target unless you somehow miraculously take out their brain. That's Four. And with the shapeshifting comes equal shifting of his mind, too, as far as we can gather. We've never been able to assemble any kind of psych profile on Four, because his behavior shifts drastically every time he shows up. Other Anomalies, One and Three in particular, might have some kind of terrible emergence event to their names, but Four, more than any other, represents exactly why Chimera perpetuates its brainwashing policies," she says, paling as she explains who and what Four is, clearly disgusted. The tallies above vanish. "And I don't even want to know what happens if he turns out to share One and Three's ability to persist after dying. With that kind of power, he could probably just take over someone else's body as if he'd never died at all. The good news, though, is that based on combat encounters, Four's direct biomanipulation doesn't work on Anomalies for some reason, and might not work on other things here either." She takes a deep breath.

"And we were pretty sure One and Four at least would've tried to escape to this place. Two, I don't know about, but ID might've brought her in. Whatever the case, the Class A's all represent something way beyond a 'normal' Anomaly - a Class B like me, or the weaker C's and D's. I don't know what Three has to say about that, but everyone knows there's something wrong with them. They can't be random occurrences. Only four of them, compared to thousands?" That designation of hers she mentioned, B-2171, comes to mind. "So, yeah, Chimera has a hell of a lot to worry about, and a hell of a lot to worry others with."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

[Living Room]

"DC, or Three as you call him, is an intelligent man, but he wasn't the best negotiator. If I'm to explain myself I recall him presenting his case rather poorly at the time and then he flew into a terrible rage when we didn't seem to agree. In hindsight it was a mistake but done is done. At least AMEN's presence is nearly completely non-existent these days so perhaps something good came out of it." Cessie explains herself very briefly. "But I hope you didn't came here just to discuss mistakes of the past. There are new foes to fight after all."

[Break in!]

[Fey Drunkenness

Cessie will be taking the two drunk fey here!
    Cessie will no doubt have heard the fey blathering about what nice thing they're going to do for Cessie for being such a good friend. It mostly seems to be about taking her out somewhere. It's anyone's guess if they'll remember these plans in the morning. At least it's distracted them from feeling each other up too much.

"We're home!" Sakura skips, putting it generously, up behind Cessie and hugs her from behind. "Thanks Cessie!"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2016-04-20 at 12:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fey Drunkenness] Which is definitely not a place! If only

Adir bounces up right behind his wife, though he's considerably less bouncy by nature. The stag tries to wrap up both ladies in a big gentle hug, grinning his face off. "Yer the best Cessie," Adir groans, exhausted. "The best Cessie of all Cessies. Yer gonna love this. Love it."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-04-21 at 06:02 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Break In!]

No doubt. Grace is losing patience for such reasonable security measures, however, and such she pulls off one of her gauntlets, aiming an illusory hand at the hatch. Blasting time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Living Room]

"Wait, Three...never mind. Okay. Chimera, don't think about that," Fields says, shaking her head and trying not to think of how that came about. "Okay, you know Three and the UDN High Commander, Prince Vyrn Altaran, are from the same world. Three probably let everyone know that the Chimera Syndicate is the corporate alliance that controls most of our world already, and the bulk of their actual military power's back there. But, like you might've guessed, there's quite a bit of instability that allows travel to and from, and the Syndicate as a whole doesn't think it can afford to let the Nexus go unsupervised. Some want to take full control, others just want oversight, though they're all in agreement that the UDN as it is now has to go, due to it being under Altaran's control. Him being the heir to a former superpower Chimera took down in a war," she explains.

"Executed the rest of his family to decapitate this cult they had around them, but he escaped and went on to do a lot of things you already know about, and accordingly he's considered a fugitive with a military and a grudge. UDN can't threaten Chimera out of the Nexus yet and they know it, and they've largely been floating around daring him to do anything, knowing that if he does, they'll have an opportunity to strike. Chimera's presence is conceivably possible for the Union to eliminate, but not without committing extreme amounts of their resources to do and opening them up to other attacks. Now, if Chimera dedicated more to this whole thing, they'd stomp Altaran flat, but that's the weird part - their chief military force, controlled by the Infinite Descent corp, refuses to commit more to this, so Anomalous Solutions, which I used to belong to as B-2171, has started resorting to unorthodox tactics to try to take out Altaran and Three at the minimum. They were pretty happy when Three 'died,' but obviously that turned out to be an A-1 type situation. I'll...explain that one in a moment. I wish I'd gotten to see the look on those slave-drivers' faces," she continues, looking dreadfully amused as she imagines the reaction to that. "The other main corp, Enclave Materials, doesn't really care about these concerns and just sticks around to profit off infrastructure work for AS and ID. And then things get complicated." That amusement vanishes, replaced by a look that seems positively worried. "Because Anomalous Solutions isn't just here for Altaran and Three."

"See, Three's not the only one of his kind, and I don't mean in the same sense that we're both 'Anomalies.' The Class A's are something else, every one, and there are three others, A-1, A-2, and A-4. One is...his powers are really similar to mine, but superior in every way. Where I just make barriers or maybe a very simple construct and can't exactly move it with my mind," she starts, pointing upward at a suddenly-present floating square of hardlight and immediately dismissing it. "One can make similar things, except he can change them, direct them, and more. Razor storms, weaponry, only limited by his god complex as the first Class A and lack of creativity, and the part where he's as dead as Three is. There have been sightings of him after his death to a sniper shot over thirty years ago, his body reconstituted as some kind of construct made of shaped, moving forcefields. He's been disrupted, but always comes back, though fortunately he can't summon those things inside people anymore. One with access to a resurrection would be nearly impossible to contain, and AS wants the means to kill him for real before he can pull it off. We don't know of any manifestations in the Nexus, but it's only a matter of time. That's A-1."

A pair of hardlight barriers in the shape of two tally marks appear in the air. "A-2 is one I honestly know next to nothing about, because ID somehow got her before AS could, a little after One died. According to what ID bothered sharing, she's some kind of unnatural battle planner, but that'd hardly constitute a Class A. There are stories, though, about what happened to One, and from captured Altaran Dominion troops back during the war. That there was no clear shot on One and he must've been killed by an impossible ricochet, and that ID forces demonstrated impossible precision from artillery strikes and sniper attacks, as if directed by someone who could see the future. We never verified it, but there are a lot of questions about Two that remain unanswered, and I guarantee she's somehow related to ID's bizarre behavior." Two more tally marks appear.

"And...A-4." Fields shudders at merely mentioning the designation. "Four's a monster. He - if you can really call him a he, he was originally but at any given moment he's whatever he wants to be - is an extremely powerful bio-manipulator who shapes, consumes, and generally has masterful control over life within a short distance around him. Shapeshifting, ridiculous biotechnology, the works. Four's the only Anomaly we know of that we think might've stood a chance versus One in a straight fight before his death. Picture someone with shapeshifting ability, and the power to replace lost or damaged biomass with that of anyone and anything around you, consuming it to fuel their own life, and shifting into things that aren't anywhere near human, ravening monsters with eyes, teeth, claws, ****ing organic ballistic weaponry and even lasers, with no central anatomy you can target unless you somehow miraculously take out their brain. That's Four. And with the shapeshifting comes equal shifting of his mind, too, as far as we can gather. We've never been able to assemble any kind of psych profile on Four, because his behavior shifts drastically every time he shows up. Other Anomalies, One and Three in particular, might have some kind of terrible emergence event to their names, but Four, more than any other, represents exactly why Chimera perpetuates its brainwashing policies," she says, paling as she explains who and what Four is, clearly disgusted. The tallies above vanish. "And I don't even want to know what happens if he turns out to share One and Three's ability to persist after dying. With that kind of power, he could probably just take over someone else's body as if he'd never died at all. The good news, though, is that based on combat encounters, Four's direct biomanipulation doesn't work on Anomalies for some reason, and might not work on other things here either." She takes a deep breath.

"And we were pretty sure One and Four at least would've tried to escape to this place. Two, I don't know about, but ID might've brought her in. Whatever the case, the Class A's all represent something way beyond a 'normal' Anomaly - a Class B like me, or the weaker C's and D's. I don't know what Three has to say about that, but everyone knows there's something wrong with them. They can't be random occurrences. Only four of them, compared to thousands?" That designation of hers she mentioned, B-2171, comes to mind. "So, yeah, Chimera has a hell of a lot to worry about, and a hell of a lot to worry others with."
    [Living Room]

Cessie that's been silent for all this time finally gets a moment to speak. "Okay, that's a lot to take in at once. But if I understand this correctly, Chimera is basically an empire that consists of three different companies. Companies that have no scruples whatsoever and brainwashes people like you and others to serve them. The only reason they aren't attacking is since their supernatural strategist is advising against it. So instead they're resorting to alternative strategies involving terrorism. Am I correct so far?" She had to make sure.

[Break In!]

Nor the lock or the hatch are reinforced so blasting is completely viable!
    Though depending on how loud said blasting was, people might have heard it.
    Either way, the intruder now has a way down into the cellar which is fairly extensive. There is a tunnel here and where it leads is anyone's guess.

[Fey Drunkenness]

Cessie isn't too comfortable with two drunken people hugging her but it's not like she's going to stop them. Drunk or not, they were her friends. "It was nothing really, you're making too much of this." Though she wasn't even sure why she argued. They would likely have forgotten all this tomorrow. "Let's all just go inside and have some sleep."

The little group might see Garn peeking out from behind the door, glaring at Sakura and Adir as he opens it for them. They left him nearly alone with the kids!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-04-21 at 06:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

Fields makes a 'sorta-kinda' gesture with her hand. "I mean, those three are the biggest, they're not the only ones, but they're the big guys in charge, and that's...broadly accurate. And it's more like Infinite Descent as a whole is stalling on it, possibly on Two's advice, and the other faction that actually gives a damn is controlled by the zealot who invented that brainwashing and control method. He and the rest of AS are a bunch of paranoid zealots who want to control everything, and unfortunately, Anomalies often have...traumatic emergence events where we lose control of our powers when we first develop them, and generally...go nuts. A-1 was so powerful in life that he wrecked most of Anomalous Solutions' home city when he emerged, and they were just a research company at the time. But that turned what was left of them into what they are now, and gave them enough clout to make it official policy across the entirety of the Syndicate." She sighs. "Two didn't have one, that I know of, but Three and Four decades after them caused similar destruction, and you try selling 'superpowered rampager rights' to a population that's tired of smaller emergence events and the Altaran War. Descent and Materials aren't as crazy about it, but they follow policy regardless, although ID's got this...thing where they're into high-end cybernetics development to make normal humans capable of challenging the lower-level Anomalies - the Class C's and eventually Class B's like me, effectively rendering the brainwashing bull obsolete. But good luck with that with AS and its brainwashed Anomaly kill-squads around. Oh, they've never been caught killing off ID's people who talked about that too openly, but I can tell you for a fact that they have."

That last comment comes with a frown and a look off to the side - guilt.

"EM, meanwhile, doesn't really care about anything but its own profit, so they don't really matter in this discussion. If AS got crushed and ID took of Syndicate policy, it'd be better for everybody, but they'll still never trust this place unless it's brought under control, reform-minded or not, so I really don't know why they're stalling. And to be fair to them about it, I wouldn't really want to trust this place either in their position. Too much chaos, too many dimensional 'leaks' between here and our world. So whatever's making them hold back, it's probably some bad ****."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fey Drunkenness]

Sakura giggles uncontrollably as they head inside. She leans heavily on Adir, perhaps a bit more so than she actually needs to. "Oh, hi grumpy." Sakura gives Garn a little wave. "Everyone all sleeping nicely here?" They must be. Such good little babies!

14. - Top - End - #764

[Living Room]

"Most likely. I have come across entities in this world who can shape reality at a whim as far as I can tell." Cessie remarks. "But it does sound like these companies have a lot more reasons of being here then to just hunt down Vyrn and 'Three'. If they're already brainwashing the 'specials' of your world, I imagine that people like me would get targeted as well." Or her children. "If there only was a way to turn our opponents against one another. Would be a lot easier if we'd let them do our job."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

Fields nods. "The best way to start would be finding out what ID's up to - and I bet you'll need A-2 to do it. Problem is, Two is under their control and might not even be here. You'd need to capture her, and wherever she is, she's going to be hiding behind a legion of Infinite Descent forces. You'd need everyone you could possibly get to contribute to the assault, just to capture one person, and that's not even going into what she might be able to do. Then you'll need Three and Altaran to cooperate with fixing what they'll have done with her head, just like with me."

She pauses, getting an odd contemplative look, hand on her chin. "The joint ID-EM facility over Skyside might be a good bet. I don't know anything about it, but that thing's not something they'd throw around just for trading."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #766

[Living Room]

"I'm not sure we can deal with Chimera and these demons at the same time. I have the feeling the second group is preparing something big as well. Going after them both now while we're still without a base feels like trying to take a bit bigger than we can chew." They probably needed a better strategy. Information. Which bad guy needed to be dealt with first and how would they deal with them?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"ID's stalling means the bulk of Chimera's power is held back - use the conflict with the...'demons' as a way to deal with this rift between you and Three, then you use his connections to Altaran to coordinate against the Syndicate," recommends Fields, apparently more savvy with this sort of thing than a brainwashing victim who was presumably a civilian prior to that should be. "Watch out for AS in the meantime, though."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #768

[Living Room]

"That would be the ideal plan, yes. Though I'm not sure how it will function in practice. I was planning to attempt to deal with these 'demons' first already after all. There is no telling how long it will take though, we've already fought against them many times and we aren't seem to make much progress. Right now we're looking for information, if you could be of any help in that area, it'd would make our job much easier and we could deal with Chimera much sooner." Cessie replies.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

Fields shrugs. "Sounds like some capture and interrogation are in order to me. But I'm not here to fight your wars for you. I did this for Three, for his own damn good, because I owe him too much to let either of your past mistakes keep screwing with him. You want anything else from me, I'm gonna need to see some payment, because I refuse to keep living off pity money from a guy whose people I helped slaughter, and if I'm going to do that, I have bills to pay," she explains sullenly, "And I'm sorry, but no amount of good causes can change that."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2016-04-24 at 04:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #770

[Living Room]

"It wasn't what I asked, but I understand. So was there anything else you wanted to discuss then, or are we done here?" Cessie asks.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"Dunno any more than Three does, and he only knows a chunk of what you know, so..." Fields shrugs. "Figured you might be asking for extra help. But yeah, think we're done here. Wish me luck getting him to talk. Think I'll open with the shocker, and then try to make him pissed off at the demons more than you guys. You've known him longer than I have, think it'll work?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #772

[Fey Drunkenness]

Cessie isn't too comfortable with two drunken people hugging her but it's not like she's going to stop them. Drunk or not, they were her friends. "It was nothing really, you're making too much of this." Though she wasn't even sure why she argued. They would likely have forgotten all this tomorrow. "Let's all just go inside and have some sleep."

The little group might see Garn peeking out from behind the door, glaring at Sakura and Adir as he opens it for them. They left him nearly alone with the kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Fey Drunkenness]

Sakura giggles uncontrollably as they head inside. She leans heavily on Adir, perhaps a bit more so than she actually needs to. "Oh, hi grumpy." Sakura gives Garn a little wave. "Everyone all sleeping nicely here?" They must be. Such good little babies!
    Adir and Sakura toddle forward together then, their combined mass swaying like a pendulum. Sakura's giggling is infectious, of course, and Adir busts out with a small chuckle every couple of moments, muttering with his wife as though something funny's been said. Garn is given a straight-faced salute, quite a coordinated one too for so drunken a fey as Adir.

"Suh-Cessie, is um, is Garn gonna be okay checkin' on the kids? I-I-I dunno if we're gonna wake up, y'know, once we're down..." His voice changes timbres and patterns like the wind changes direction. The stag purses his lips at Cessie with a face he thinks is quite serious.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Fey Drunkenness]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir and Sakura toddle forward together then, their combined mass swaying like a pendulum. Sakura's giggling is infectious, of course, and Adir busts out with a small chuckle every couple of moments, muttering with his wife as though something funny's been said. Garn is given a straight-faced salute, quite a coordinated one too for so drunken a fey as Adir.

"Suh-Cessie, is um, is Garn gonna be okay checkin' on the kids? I-I-I dunno if we're gonna wake up, y'know, once we're down..." His voice changes timbres and patterns like the wind changes direction. The stag purses his lips at Cessie with a face he thinks is quite serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Living Room]

"Dunno any more than Three does, and he only knows a chunk of what you know, so..." Fields shrugs. "Figured you might be asking for extra help. But yeah, think we're done here. Wish me luck getting him to talk. Think I'll open with the shocker, and then try to make him pissed off at the demons more than you guys. You've known him longer than I have, think it'll work?"
    [Living Room]

"Invoking rage is probably the most effective tactic to use on, yeah." Cessie replies in a dry tone. "I honestly think that's our best bet though. But keep in mind that we never really got to know one another so you might actually know him better than me. Especially considering his 'death'. Is it true that it has changed him?"

[Fey Drunkenness]

If Garn could roll his eyes, he would have been. "Sleeping." The gargoyle states in his deep monotone voice. He then looks away from the drunken fey and locks eyes with his master. "Garn know how to handle the kids, Adir. He'll be fine."
    Garn nods his head in response, of course he could handle the kids. Even better than these two at the moment.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fey Drunkenness]

"Good! Thanks Garn." Sakura grins at Cessie. "You can go to sleep now, Cessie. We can find our way to bed just fine." She assures her. "Bye bye! Night night!"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"His AS psychological profile lists him as a belligerent militant with a massive guilt complex that refuses to let people, or those that have not made themselves his enemies, at least, die on his watch, if he can help it at all. He has a particular fixation on perceived treachery and apocalyptic threats, fueled by past errors in judgment and most likely by knowledge of the destruction caused in his emergence event," Fields says, slipping into an odd, almost monotonous tone of voice. "Once he is convinced of someone's guilt of either, they are virtually guaranteed to never be in his good graces again, to the point where a war nearly broke out between Evolution Industries and MagCorp over it - but you are already aware of that. Additionally, that so much of the population seems devoted to a philosophy of extreme forgiveness - or perhaps extreme forgetfulness - clashes with him severely on account of a number of historical incidents concerning the refusal of many to execute a serial destroyer of worlds, and the destruction that occurred as a result. He does not understand how anyone can be so trusting following such destruction, a point of confusion shared by Chimera analysts, who typically suggest that it may be a result of an extremely high turnover rate among the local population due to death and emigration." She continues the monotone, until she suddenly blinks in realization, shaking her head.

"Uh...sorry. Talked like that for years, still...slip, sometimes. I guess I know him pretty well from that profile, since he wears his issues on his sleeve so much. All that yelling makes him really easy to figure out if you bother paying attention. I can't say how different he is, although compared to that he seemed...colder. I can tell you that his body's definitely some kind of android, and between that and how he lost his original, I don't think it takes much to guess why. He doesn't really have anyone, and if not for the zeal, I don't think he'd bother hanging on like he has. That's why I'm doing this," she says with a sigh.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #776

[Fey Drunkenness]

Adir smiles and nods, smiles and nods. Provided Cessie has no more chastising to offer, and nothing else to say, the two fey will more than likely break off.

As they turn down the hall, wobbling against eachother, Cessie may hear the stag say, "Which way was it, back to our room again...?"

I'm sure they're fine.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-04-26 at 04:01 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #777

[Living Room]

Cessie resist the urge to roll her eyes. This again. "I see. I guess I will find out more when talking to him." And probably going to have to listen to the same argument repeated again.

[Fey Drunkenness]

"Good night." Cessie says gently before leaving the two alone and go and prepare for bed. Garn would follow them though, making sure they didn't cause any more trouble.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

[Living Room]

"Wenomir'll be talking first if either of you talk to him at all. Something about..." Fields shakes her head. "But we'll see. Thanks for listening to me, and I hope the information's useful. I'll have that and some more mundane data turned over in a more permanent format soon, as agreed." And with that, she'll leave, back to the EI drone car and off to go continue this oddly-increasingly-plausible fool's errand.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

29. - Top - End - #779

[Living Room]

"Thank you for the information. Garn can see you hope, hope we'll meet again. Hopefully under other circumstances." Fields could be rather rude and clumsy socially, but she had been brain-washed for what must have been quite a while so she couldn't exactly blame her.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Break In!]

Nor the lock or the hatch are reinforced so blasting is completely viable!
    Though depending on how loud said blasting was, people might have heard it.
    Either way, the intruder now has a way down into the cellar which is fairly extensive. There is a tunnel here and where it leads is anyone's guess.

[Break In!]

While the sound of the burst of magic is largely contained, the sound of splintering wood and cracking stone and breaking metal (and whatever else the hatch is made of) are probably not. There aren't, like, big explosions or anything - more like a blunt force striking the lock, with all the commotion that implies.

Grace, being a brave and daring individual, floats down into the tunnel to see where it leads.