New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep IV: Magic Babble lies within

[A Visit!]

"Ooh, okay." What Arik might be doing in particular is beyond her, but that's fine. "I thought it was the seeds or something that had the energy from these plants?" She steps over to stand next to Cessie and watch her work.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Yes, but I'm studying how they're effecting the earth surrounding them. If I plant them outside someday I'd like to know if the water and earth is effected by the high concentration of aether in these seeds." Cessie explains before looking at her friend. "How great does your plant powers extend by the way? You're should after all be the expert on these things." She says with a smile.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

Sakura chuckles at her friend. "Well I know some stuff, but I don't know anything about these weird fruits. I've never seen anything like them before. Everything I know you told me." She shrugs her shoulders. Nothing she can do, even if she's been growing that one personally.

4. - Top - End - #94

[A Visit!]

"But have I told you about the apples?" She inquires. She recalled Sakura and her taking care of the little apple dryad at one point. Where had she gone anyway? Probably gone home. "I think I've mentioned them to you before."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

Sakura laughs. "You must have a lot on your mind right now if you don't remember that." Sakura walks over to the potted tree on the south side of the greenhouse. In it is the moth healthy, vibrant looking little tree in the entire building. "I've been in here lots when you've been growing them. They're kinda hard to miss." She looks back at the very womanly shaped trees. "You told me some of the weird stuff they do when people eat them, too."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-10-04 at 06:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

[A Visit!]

"That's correct. The overdose of aether alters your body in strange ways and take other manifestations such as powers. These alterations seems different from person to person and I'm trying to find out a pattern. I believe fey such as yourself might be immune to it while part fey are altered to their closest fey relative. People without fey ancestry are not as clearly effected but give them enough and they'll alter like everyone else." Cessie explains. She hadn't tested that immunity though, but Sakura was already filled with aether, theoretically at least...

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Immune, huh?" Sakura finishes checking up on the growing rose plant and walks back over to Cessie. "Hey, maybe i should try some. It's never hurt anyone, right? Then you'll know exactly how it effects, well, me at least." She suggests. Anything to help Cessie with her research!

8. - Top - End - #98

[A Visit!]

Cessie raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure? I'm certain it will have little effect on you besides perhaps making you seem intoxicated." Without the dangers of actual alcohol of course. "I think the apples were served during your wedding in fact." Though she isn't sure if Sakura actually ate them or not. "There is an extract I made from the apples, but that's one is far more potent. It would likely have all sorts of effects. Riss wanted to try it out not long ago and I'm still cleaning up the lab after her." She shakes her head but gives no indication that anything really serious happened.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

Riss? Sakura isn't sure who Riss is, but does Cessie think she does? Well maybe she'll have to ask later.

"Well it'd help you with studying it. Even if it doesn't do anything it's still helpful, right?" Sakura says with a bright smile. "I remember them at the wedding reception now, though. That's when you ate them, right? I'm pretty sure I didn't touch them."

10. - Top - End - #100

[A Visit!]

The sorceress clears her throat. The less mentioning of that event, the better. "They were in the pie." She curtly clarifies. "In any case, you're sure about it? Since we should move into the forest if you really like to try. Less chance of me having to clean something up." Cessie explains with a faint smile. "I will also need my notebook and some other equipment."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Sure, take your time. Adir's got the kids all day, so I'm in no hurry." Sakura waves her hand. "I'll just check on the garden while you grab your stuff."

12. - Top - End - #102

[A Visit!]

"Very well... I'll get the equipment then." Cessie replies, still surprised that Sakura wanted this. But then again it wasn't dangerous and it would help her with her research. The sorceress won't be long, soon she will be back with all the equipment all in her shoulder bag.

"Shall we go then?" Best to keep it in this thread since I already have a scene in outside with Teru.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Sure, let's go." Sakura gets up off her knees and brushes some dirt off her dress. "You really have to make sure everything is picked out of the garden soon, Cessie. It's not long before everything will freeze." She falls into step along side Cessie as they walk away from the Keep.

14. - Top - End - #104

[A Visit!]

"...of course. I'll let Kirin or Garn handle that." She had to do research! In any case, Cessie will lead the dryad a bit away from the keep and into the forest until she seem to think it's far enough. She then takes out a small vial and an apple and hands the second one to Sakura. "Here is the apple first, we'll save the extract for later as it's much more powerful. Just eat it whole and it should take effect."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Okay." Sakura doesn't hesitate. She starts to eat the apple, core and all and finishes it quickly. "Um, notice anything?" She wipes her mouth off on the back of her hand. Any change isn't perceivable. Maybe she looks a little more vibrant and healthy? Or maybe that's just Cessie's imagination.

16. - Top - End - #106

[A Visit!]

The sorceress scrutinizes Sakura with scientific interest. "I'm not sure, do you any feel different?" She really wished she had some sort of measurement for aether but very little research had been done in that field.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Hm, well I feel pretty good. But I don't know if that's any different than normal." Sakura shrugs. What can she say? It doesn't seem to be doing anything.

18. - Top - End - #108

[A Visit!]

"Very well, I think we have to switch over to the extract then." She could inquire more into how Sakura felt but she had a feeling she wouldn't get much out of her. It was clearly not distinctive enough to really be able to tell the difference. "You want to try it?" She offers the Vial to Sakura.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"That's what we're here for." Sakura takes the vial. It looks like this is going to be not very exciting, but of well. Sakura doesn't think much of it when she pops it open and swallows its contents. It doesn't seem to do anything for a moment, but then...

Growth might be the best word to describe the change that comes over Sakura. Her majne of flowers surges out from her head, reaching the ground and pooling around her feet. The sweet smell of her cherry blossoms fills the air. Her other attributes experience a change as well, though more gradual. Her breasts swell outward and her her hips widen noticeably. Most distinctly, her stomach swells, her pregnant belly won't take too long before it rivals Cessie's, even though Sakura is a few months behind.

At their feet, all manner of flowers and greenery spring up from the earth, engulfing their legs in it. It spreads outward, with Sakura as the focal point. All around them the plant life is invigorated. The reds and oranges of autumn turn into vibrant green.

"Wow." Sakura's bright, pink eyes widen at what goes on around them. Was this all her? She can feel the pulse of the woods around them, the life in every plant and animal as far as she can see. "Cessie, this is amazing!"

20. - Top - End - #110

[A Visit!]

Somehow Cessie wasn't surprised by Sakura's change, it reminded her all too well of various other changes that had occurred in her presence. And if there was anything Sakura was, it was fertile. Ever since she and Adir got together, she spend nearly all time in that state.
    "I'm sure." She says with some concern even if she knew it should be harmless. "Most that tested it describes it as a pretty amazing experience and you seem rather... changed." But as already stated, no surprise!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

Sakura looks down at herself. "Oh my goodness, I am." She laughs, finding it extremely hard to be alarmed by that right now. It's a good thing her dress wasn't very tight, though it is now. "But look at you!" She grabs Cessie's arms. "You're so full of life! And little Jillian." Sakurta bends over and touches Cessie's stomach. In her excitement, she plants a kiss right on her belly button, displaying the same kind of affection she has for her neice and nephew. In response, the baby in Cessie's womb kicks excitedly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-10-05 at 07:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

[A Visit!]

"Uh-" Cessie wasn't a fan of touchy stuff but it wasn't the first time the dryad had wanted to try to feel the baby kicking. Still, she felt a wave of queasiness come over her once Jillian started kicking. Cessie puts an hand on her belly and backs away slightly. "That's alright Sakura, we're supposed to study you after all." She smiles faintly.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

Just by being around Sakura right now, Cessie won't feel too badly. The pains and discomforts of her pregnancy seem to fade away.

Sakura, still smiling, doesn't let Cessie get too far away, though she keeps her hands to herself. "Oh, yeah. I guess you're right." She settles her hands over her own belly, still smiling. "Do you need me to do something?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-10-05 at 09:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

[A Visit!]

Strange, must be that fertility aspect. "You said it was 'amazing', what exactly did you refer to? Do you think you could manipulate say, a tree?" She gestures to one nearby.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"It's, like, I can feel everything. All around me, every living thing." Sakura does a little twirl in her excitement. "I don't know, let's find out." Sakura skips over to the nearest tree. Without a word or motion, the tree bends right over and scoops her up in a branch. The dryad laughs as she's carried upward until the tree is upright again. "This is great!"

26. - Top - End - #116

[A Visit!]

Cessie chuckles at Sakura's excitement. "Just don't get too used to it, the effect won't last forever. Just until you spend all the energy you've consumed. You should try to have fun with it while it lasts though, I will just write down what happens."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Sure, you're the expert." Sakura gets the tree to set her down again and skips back to Cessie. Boy is she full of energy. "We should go back to the house. I wanna go see the greenhouse and see the plants." She decides suddenly. "And the kids! Maybe Cora and Bastion will be up."

28. - Top - End - #118

[A Visit!]

Even with that belly and all that hair.

"I'm not sure, the reason we went out here is that it would be more suitable to test your abilities. I'm not sure I want you to manipulate anything inside the keep." Then again, if she only manipulated plants then perhaps she could be of further aid in her other experiments. Maybe. It was a risk for sure.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Visit!]

"Oh, but Cessie. I don't have to do anything inside. I just want to see the kids." Sakura's voice is full of disappointment. "We can at least go to the greenhouse, right? That still has plants and stuff that I can work with if you want."

30. - Top - End - #120

[A Visit!]

"Don't worry, we can see the greenhouse... and the children." Darn it, she couldn't disappoint Sakura. This was the disadvantage of working with close friends, you couldn't really say no to them. But it was also the fact that Sakura would never ever hurt a child, no matter what. It was just the keep's structure she was worried about. "Just try to keep focused alright? Aether is almost like alcohol, it lowers your judgement." She explains to Sakura while starting to lead her back to the keep and visit the greenhouse again.