New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1442
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep & Frescot House IV: Magic babble lies within

[Another Visitor]

"She is using eldritch, in part, just like when mommy makes fire appear." Cessie attempts to explain to Jillian. "Or when mommy is making elementals. Both Cora and Bastion will be able to do that as well when they grow up."

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

Cora hangs off of Harnetta's every word. She and Bastion both have always wondered at their heritage. And when Harnetta breathes fire, well... "Woooooow!" That's so much!

Jillian leans her head back, looking back at her mom. "What about me, mommy? Can I do that?"

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

"It takes some practice to achieve things like that," Harnetta says, kneeling down to make herself a bit more level with Cora, "But given how powerful you are now, I imagine you'll be much stronger than I am when you're my age. And I'll do everything in my power to make sure you reach your full potential."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1384

[Another Visitor]

"I don't know, ladybug. We will have to see when you get older." Statistically, it was unlikely, but that both twins would become mages was also extremely unlikely so perhaps it was the nexus influence at work. Cessie did not like that idea though, even if having only mages as children would be considered a great blessing for any Hestopian woman. Just what did the nexus do to people around here? She had to research it more thoroughly. "It is pretty amazing though, right?"

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Halfling in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

It happens one day that the young Tuskfang is invited to the Keep. He and (presumably) Reelshka will find their way up to the gates without trouble... and look who comes toddling out to greet them!

Oddly, no adults appear. It's just Gwydion in a muchly oversized T-shirt with an image of some cartoon warrior princess on it. He looks very small and funny standing beside the gate, and his eyes are large and (as usual) a cloudy pink.

"Hi Tussfang."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang is indeed being led there by his mother. The little woblin hasn't seen the Keep before, so he's very excited. This is where his friends live! His tail wags rapidly when Gwydion shows up.

"Hi Geedon!"

Reelshka is more mindful of the little boy being alone, though.

"Hello, Gwydion. What are you doing here, all by yourself?"

Brinika is tagging along, currently walking a bit behind her aunt and cousin, since she got distracted along the way.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1387

[Treasure Hunting]

A certain gargoyle wielding a broom can be seen peeking around the corner as he hears unfamiliar voices. More guests... or invaders? It was hard to tell these days. Well, whatever they were, he was going to make sure they wouldn't cause any more trouble for his master.
    Garn steps out in the open and sends a glare in the newcomers direction, brandishing his new adamantine broom as he observes them quietly.

8. - Top - End - #1388

[Treasure Hunting]

Gwydion looks at Reelshka very respectfully! "Uh, daddy said I could let you in if it was Tuss- Tus-- Tusk-fang and not strangers. Tuskfang and Ms. Reelsh-a!" Well, one out of two isn't bad.

He parts the gate and bows his head to them, pink locks falling around his face. "Please, come in." Just like she imagines Aunt Cessie would say! If she ever had guests. It's so rare. He perks up again as he sees Brinika. "Oh!" There's a beat, and he blushes. "Hi! Please come in!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"It's good that you listen to your dad, Gwydion," Reelshka says, stepping in. Tuskfang eagerly walks beside her. Brinika follows, and grins toothily. "Hi Gwydion!"

Reelshka peers at Garn out of the corner of her eye, but doesn't speak up. She's not sure what to make of this... person? It's like the golems goblin alchemists create.

"Where's Cern?" Tuskfang asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1390

[Treasure Hunting]

"Tussfang didn't say you were coming!"
    Gwydion says, flustered! Because both parents clearly let the kids talk this out on the phone, or at least say hi.

"I'm here I'm here!"
    Cern babbles, running down the steps from the keep. Adir is on his heels, a baby in the crook of one arm and another on his shoulder. The latter has a deer's legs, and her father's large ears.

"Hi Reelshka. Hi, Tuskfang,"
    he grins. Man, that name is so on-the-nose. He'd have a joke at the kid's expense if... well, he weren't a kid.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1391

[Treasure Hunting]

As Adir approaches, Garn's eyes narrow. So the stupid man had something to do with this. That did not bode well, everything the stupid man touched went wrong somehow, that's why he was the stupid man. He couldn't do anything right.

The gargoyle starts pretending to be cleaning the gatehouse, even if he just had finished here. He had to see what stupid things the stupid man were planning so he could prepare for it.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"But you're glad I'm here, right?" Brinika asks, ruffling Gwydion's hair a little.

"Hi Cern!" Tuskfang pipes up. "Hi Mister Adir! And, um..." He doesn't remember the name of the deer-legged baby!

"Hello, Adir. I see you have your hands more than full."

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Another Visitor]

"It takes some practice to achieve things like that," Harnetta says, kneeling down to make herself a bit more level with Cora, "But given how powerful you are now, I imagine you'll be much stronger than I am when you're my age. And I'll do everything in my power to make sure you reach your full potential."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Another Visitor]

"I don't know, ladybug. We will have to see when you get older." Statistically, it was unlikely, but that both twins would become mages was also extremely unlikely so perhaps it was the nexus influence at work. Cessie did not like that idea though, even if having only mages as children would be considered a great blessing for any Hestopian woman. Just what did the nexus do to people around here? She had to research it more thoroughly. "It is pretty amazing though, right?"
    [Another Visitor]

Cora gasps. "Really?! You think so!" Yes, that sounds exactly right! She grins from ear to ear.

"Yeah!" Jillian giggles, tilting her head back to look at mommy. Bastion crosses his little arms. His morose mood is starting to turn grumpy now. "I wanna go inside." He states.

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Another Visitor]

Cessie sigh inwards, well there was nothing she could do about that. "Alright, Bastion. Do you want me to read for you? I'm sure Harnetta could read for you as well, if you want to." She suggests to her son.

[Dexters Cessie's Laboratory]

Cessie isn't alone in her lab this time, Ambrosia have joined her for a time as she have been asked to help examine Sakura's new nature as the kami which inhabited her apparently merged, creating a new Sakura-being. Right now the two ladies are waiting for Sakura and Adir to arrive. Garn is outside the lab, patrolling the keep to keep the children safe, yet he never goes too far away from the lab in case something would happen.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-06 at 06:23 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Laboratory]

Shortly later, Sakura arrives as planned. She knocks first then pushes the door open and steps inside, likely with Adir not far behind. She can't help but purse her lips when she sees Ambrosia there, even if she was totally expected. Okay, time to get this over with. "Well, I'm here..." She says uncertainly. The last time Ambrosia had examined her it went... badly, so she doesn't feel all that confident about this time. Cessie being there helps at least.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

Harnetta looks longingly, and sadly towards Bastion, before she stands up and says, "I should probably go. I have some other things I need to do today, and it looks like your brother isn't very happy to see me."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #1397

[Treasure Hunting]

"Y-yeah!"
    Gwydion manages, flinching down a little when he's ruffled. Hey! Those are sensitive!

"That's Lorina,"
    Cernunnos says, indicating his deer-legged sister for Tuskfang.

"Laurana, Cern."

"Lah-rana."

Adir inclines his head to Reelshka. "Always. But it gives me lots of practice, so two more for an afternoon is no trouble," he looks at the kids, then back to her. "Gonna do anything fun?"

[Cessie's Lab]

Adir is here as well! And looking... worried. He's pretty much made his peace with whatever they come away with here, but it could still change things more. Or worse, he'll be told nothing is really different and feel like a real ass.

He'll try to hold Sakura's hand, at least. "So, how's this done?" He asks Ambrosia. "Anything like last time?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-07-07 at 08:01 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1398

[Cessie's Lab]

"I trust you all have been introduced already?" Cessie asks as the two enter.
    "Yes, we have lady Mithar." Ambrosia says with a sagely nod. "And I would like to first apologize if my behavior have offended you in the past, Mrs. Frescot. However, I believed that the deva posed a threat to you and your family and I'm sure you would also take every conceivable precaution if you thought your children and husband might be in danger." She says while slowly approaching the dryad. "I had to be sure, and I still have to be." She attempts to meet Sakura's gaze. "But we won't have to repeat what happened at trog's, I can see that you're something different now." She pauses. "Would you mind answering a few questions, Mrs. Frescot?"

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Hiiii." Tuskfang waves expansively at Laurana. Then his tail wags in response to Adir's question. "We're gonna hunt for treasure!"

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

"What?! Why? I wanna breath fire more!" Cora immediately whines. She glares over at Bastion, looking none too pleased!

"No, you read to me." Bastion says, not very happy himself. He doesn't notice his sister's ire, though.

[Cessie's Lab]

Sakura folds her arms. An apology isn't going to solve everything. "Fine, go ahead."

21. - Top - End - #1401

[Another Visitor]

"There is absolute no need for you to leave, Harnetta. Bastion is just a bit tired after riding around so much." That and grumpy. "He will feel better after a nap."

22. - Top - End - #1402

[Cessie's Lab]

Adir has nothing to do here but frown and wait.

[Treasure Hunting]

Cernunnos bobs his head rhythmically in agreement with Tuskfang.

Adir's voice bubbles with laughter. "Are you now? What manner of treasure do you think you'll find here?" His voice takes on a theatrical pitch.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Ummm." Tuskfang gives this question due consideration. "Magic stuff. Maybe books. Geedon says his aunt Cessie is a sor- sooooor..."

"A sorceress, dear," Reelshka prompts. "Is there such treasure around here?"

24. - Top - End - #1404

[Treasure Hunting]

Now Garn suddenly speaks up.

"Not taking any of masters possessions." He grumps. "Why all these small people here?" The gargoyle then demands.

[Cessie's Lab]

"Excellent." Ambrosia replies, ignoring Sakura's attitude. "Then have a seat." She gestures towards a couple of chairs that has been put up.

The scholar takes a seat opposite Sakura's. "Now, could you first describe the meeting with this woman? What did she tell you and what do you believe she did to you?"

Cessie remains standing, watching Sakura catiously. She knew that the dryad didn't like Ambrosia, but this was important. They had to figure out exactly what had happened to her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-11 at 06:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1405

[Treasure Hunting]

"Oh, and then some. I'm sure we can--"

Then Garn appears! And gets a glower from Adir. He gives the little Frescot boys a start.

"Garn!"
    The stag whispers harshly. He hugs his babies close and moves over, leaning in so he can whisper at the gargoyle. He fixes him with his best glare, not that he thinks it'll do any good. "They're here for a playdate you dimwit. And they're not gonna steal anything! Just geddouta here!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang's tail stops wagging and falls a bit when Garn speaks. Why is this weird person talking this way? Reelshka takes his hand and waits for Adir to clear it up, while Brinika just peers at the gargoyle.

27. - Top - End - #1407

[Treasure Hunting]

Garn frowns. "Okay. But I will stay. To garden." Normally Sakura did this, but Garn did the occasional lawn mowing and hedge trimming. He wasn't as much of a garden wizard as his wife was.

28. - Top - End - #1408

[Treasure Hunting]

"Well, gee, I hope so. You do that,"
    Adir snarks, heading back towards the children. "Why don't you all come inside, kids? Reelshka, can I get you anything before you take off?" Ha! Take that Garn. Bamboozled.

Presuming that Reelshka replies with a negative, Adir will indeed guide the kids up the stairs and inside. His babies still seem to be quietly dozing.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang follows his friends and their father eagerly. Garn's meanness seems to be forgotten in the excitement.

"What are we going to look for first? Is there a map? How will we know where it is?"

Brinika seems quite intent of studying her surroundings. In case she has to make a map, maybe.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cessie's Lab]

"Excellent." Ambrosia replies, ignoring Sakura's attitude. "Then have a seat." She gestures towards a couple of chairs that has been put up.

The scholar takes a seat opposite Sakura's. "Now, could you first describe the meeting with this woman? What did she tell you and what do you believe she did to you?"

Cessie remains standing, watching Sakura catiously. She knew that the dryad didn't like Ambrosia, but this was important. They had to figure out exactly what had happened to her.
    [Cessie's Lab]

Okay, just put up with it... "It was weird. She was looking for me, and she even said I was pregnant. I guess I don't know for sure that I am, but I don't really doubt her." Not after everything else. "She seemed to know all about... the kami situation without me telling her anything, and that she could fix the parts where, you know, I'd keep wanting more children no matter what. So... I agreed. But she also did more than I thought she would. Making us one person for real."