New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep IV: Magic Babble lies within

The Living Room

Cessie grows very quiet as Jezebel starts talking, as if she knows what's coming. Already before the more serious parts, all mirth has washed off her face which makes one wonder why she asked in the first place. She just stares at Jezebel as she gets into all her rage and bitterness about the divorce and her worry about the future and the faults she possibly had made to end up in this situation.Once Jezebel is done Cessie wipes away two tears running down her face, but yet regains her composure somewhat by taking a deep breath and suppressing a snivel. "Well, i-it's true." She admits, her voice quivering. "You h-haven't said a thing I haven't t-thought about myself." She takes a deep breath, trying to keep all the emotions from boiling up again and keep her voice steady. "It's why I just wanted to get away from it all for a while, everything in this building just keeps reminding me of him."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-25 at 10:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

The Living Room

Jezebel doesn't turn back yet, instead leaning on a table to look at a wall. "I don't know what I can advise, Cessie, and for that, I'm sorry. There are three things I want to tell you though." He explains, twisting his neck a bit to make it pop audibly. "First, you're wrong. Dead wrong." He says, finally turning around to try and look Cessie in the eyes. "This entire thing isn't your fault. It isn't anyone's fault. It is merely something that happens and you did nothing to cause it. Your children won't grow to resent you, you're going to raise them well, and they'll love you the more for it." He explains with a small smile. "You're plenty enough for them and they know it, even as young as they are."

"Second."
    He starts, holding up two fingers. "It hurts. It hurts a lot and you hate Harnel for causing the pain. Because you're hurt, you think you won't be able to love anyone or be loved. Again, that's wrong. Cessie, love isn't something you can only get from one person or give to one person. It's okay to fall in and out of love. Think back and ask yourself this. "Did I love him?" It doesn't matter if it was for a long while or a short one, but if you did love him, can't you say it was worth it even for the short time you were together? He made you laugh, smile, and feel wonderful. You've had beautiful children with him, and as much as you resent him and will always resent him in some part of you, he's had an impact on your life. One that you will always end up smiling about." He says as he steps closer. "And...think about it. He was the second person to make you feel like that. Why can't there be a third? Or eventually a fourth? It isn't hopeless, Cessie, but you need to remember that while sometimes these moments and feelings are fleeting, they're still genuine. You loved Harnel. You loved Aegnor. There's still some part of you that will always love them even when you find someone new. And that's why your heart aches." Jezebel explains as he kneels down in front of Cessie, pointing at where her heart is, his finger just a couple inches away from touching her. "It feels like it's been ripped apart every time you think of him, but it will get better and heal and you'll find that there's still room for someone else in there."

Finally, while still kneeling in front of her, the god looks up at her. "And lastly...it's okay to cry Cessie. Always. You don't need to hold it in. No one expects you to."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-11-25 at 11:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243

The Living Room

As Jezebel starts to argue the sorceress closes her eyes and looks away as she takes a second deep breath. She doesn't seem to want to look at Jezebel at all as she talks.
    As she finally finishes and is kneeling down before Cessie she finally turns to look at her in the eyes. She shakes her head. "No, I've already cried too much Jezebel." She replies weakly at first but her voice grows quickly in strength. "I've spend days just crying already, I don't think it's going to help me anymore." She isn't really sure how to reply to the rest of what Jezebel said but it was something Sakura and her mostly had covered already. Just asking to have Jezebel read her emotions had been a bad idea, but she hadn't been thinking clearly. But now the cat was out of the bag.

"But I can't help my feelings Jezebel, no matter how I try to rationalize it. Just thinking about it won't make them go away. That's why I feel I need to do something else for a while, something new rather than sit in the keep all day doing research like I did while he was here, or taking care of the children." She sigh. "I think I need a new hobby or somesuch..." She looks down at Jezebel's offered hand and lightly touches it. "Is this the real you Jezebel? Or just someone you are when you comfort people? I heard you were of two parts." She was a lot less gentle than Sakura who were more about hugs and soft words (probably since Sakura had earned the right to actually do that ) but she appreciated Jezebel's honesty.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

The Living Room

Jezebel gives Cessie's finger a gentle squeeze before letting go and standing with a sigh, pulling his cloak around his shoulders. The cloak wasn't there before, but instead of looking like he's ready to go, he's holding it close more for comfort than anything else. "I don't know anymore, Cessie." He says quietly. "I think I lost my true self so long ago there's no help of getting her back. As I said, she was plain, dull, and somewhat dimwitted." He admits with a shake of his head. "I remember what she looked like, the fear she always felt, and know that she's always with me, but do I have the strength to summon her? No. No, I don't think I do, but there's something from her that always stuck with me, even at my worst." He tells Cessie, looking back at her and giving a shrug under the cloak.

"I care. "

"I've always cared for far more than just myself. It might not have seemed like it to an outsider, but it was always something that was at the forefront of my mind. I've cared, protected, and strive for better no matter the cost."
    He explains, looking back down at her. "And now is no different. I may not be my true self, but that part of me is. Yes, I have a second aspect, one far darker and perhaps somewhat cruel in her methods, but even she cares in her own way. That...need to care and comfort others has always pushed me, so it doesn't matter how many times I am split. That's always going to be there."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-11-25 at 12:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

The Living Room

The sorceress uses her other hand to wipe her eyes of the reminding tears. Being infused with fey had probably helped her from getting too upset at Jezebel's words. "I can certainly relate to the duality, even if I can't relate to the cruelty you describe." She pauses, looking up at the former daemon once again. "Even after all you said I have just seen the tip of the iceberg that is you." Sakura had been much more open, much more clear. Just an evening with her and she thought she knew what the dryad was like. Not that she still surprised her occasionally, but Sakura was Sakura, not anyone else. Jezebel was something quite else, unpredictable and dangerous like an untrained eldritch user.
    "It's that chasm that probably would stop us from getting close together Jezebel, I'm sad to admit. I would have a hard time befriending that other you."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Living Room

"I know."
    Jezebel admits, looking up at the ceiling. Even under the cloak it is obvious his hands are clenched in fists as his entire posture is rigid. What else could he say? Every bit of ruthlessness, cruelty, hatred, deceptiveness and drive for survival was pumped into that other Aspect whenever the god chose to split herself. To get rid of it though would be to deny what she was and doing that would make every choice she's made invalid and the lives lost worthless. Jezebel is all those things and more as a whole. She'd likely destroy what she was if she tried to get rid of it anyway.

Besides, there may come a time when she has to call upon it once more.

A few seconds of silence goes by before Jezebel's form relaxes with a sigh and he gives Cessie a small sad smile. "I should depart. Have a good night, Cessie." He says, giving a polite bow.

7. - Top - End - #247

Living Room

Cessie sigh, that had been hard to say but she had to offer the same courtesy Jezebel had to her, she had to be completely honest. "Jezebel, before you go I want you to know something." She says while getting up from her seat. "I was sincere when I said that I'd like to repay you for tonight. I had a great time and you made me forget about all the divorce, even for just one evening. That means a lot to me and I think before you leave you should know that we can still be friends and hang out occasionally. In fact, i would like that very much, perhaps I'll come to you next time with those clothes I promised you." She musters up a happy smile at the goddess.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Living Room

The smile becomes a little more genuine even if a bit of the sadness stays. "I...I think I would like that." Jezebel admits as he takes Cessie's hand once more. "And I'm glad I was able to help, truly. I did have fun tonight too and I look forward to more. Come and visit any time, I'll be glad to see you." He says honestly before raising Cessie's fingers to his lips, kissing them gently. True to form though, he can't help but put a little power into it to make it tingle warmly. Afterward there's a true smile on his face, a little proud of himself.

9. - Top - End - #249

Living Room

Cessie shivers noticeably as Jezebel kisses her hand. She hadn't expected that. "O-of course." She replies while trying to contain the shiver. Had Jezebel done something with her just now? "I look forward to it too. Thanks for the pleasant evening, Jezebel."

[Fall]

Cessie crosses her arms over her chest. "I guess, I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to do it all alone, that's all. And I don't just mean practically, as in servants. I mean emotionally. I have have so much else to do with VIGIL and my research that I won't always be able to be there for them." She attempts to explain. "Or maybe I'm just repeating myself now. It just keeps going over in my head."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

The Living Room

"Sleep well, Cessie. See you when we next meet."
    Jezebel promises as he heads off. In the doorway though, he pauses. "I've never asked for forgiveness for what I've done, nor have I asked people to understand me as I doubt neither is possible. But...if you're willing to accept me, I think that's more than enough." He says before turning back and heading out unless stopped.

11. - Top - End - #251

The Living Room

"Depends what you mean by accept, but I'm willing to be your friend, Jezebel and I hope that's enough." She replies with a smile before the goddess leaves. "Have a good night."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"You can do both, I'm sure. It'll just take some time management, you know? Think about how much you need to spend working and how much you can spend with them." Sakura says encouragingly. Poor Cessie has to much to worry about, Sakura wants to do whatever she can to reassur her.

13. - Top - End - #253

[Fall]

"Yeah... I'll probably make it work somehow." Cessie replies before she takes a deep breath. "How is Adir taking it? Has he commented at all? He and Harnel did hang out at times after all."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"Oh, well he's sad that Harnel won't be around anymore." Sakura doesn't go into the questions Adir has about the divorce and why it happened. She doesn't need to take Cessie down that path again. "He was pretty upset that Harnel would up and leave like that, though."

15. - Top - End - #255

[Fall]

Cessie purses her lips as if she was holding something in but finally she let's it out. "I think I hate him, Sakura. I think I hate Harnel." She states oddly calmly. 'Upset' didn't exactly cover it for her. "I... I don't even know what to say about that but..." She trails off and looks away, waiting desperately for Sakura to fill the now uncomfortable silence.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

Sakura worries at her lips. Oh, what to say to that... "I don't blame you. How do you forgive something like that? But you just gotta move on. I know you don't feel strong right now, but you are. It hurts now, but you're gonna be okay." Sakura squeezes her friend's hand. Anything she can do to provide what comfort she can.

17. - Top - End - #257

[Fall]

"Think I will ever stop hating him?" Cessie asks as she looks back at Sakura. "When I think about it it just feels wrong to hate the man I married but..." She sigh. "How did you feel about Adir when it looked like he wasn't going to come back? Did you hate him?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"I... I didn't know what to think. I wasn't even sure he was alive." Sakura looks distinctly uncomfortable, thinking back to the rage she felt when he first came back... "I don't know. I think you're gonna have to figure out how you feel."

19. - Top - End - #259

[Fall]

Cessie considers asking another question about Adir but decides against it considering how Sakura reacted to the first question. "I already know how I feel, that's the problem. I want to do something about it. Just not stay at home all days. Get a new hobby, something."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

Sakura nibbles the side of her lip a bit. That might be good for Cesie, but wouldn't that take her away from the kids even more? "Well anything's possible. Maybe you just need to look for something then. You could always come over to my place and help out in the garden." Sakura teases.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Fall]

Could always take her kids with her!
    The sorceress smiles at that. "Not sure gardening is anything for me though, I was considering something with water perhaps? Something that would allow me to move a lot." And it's even the short time between Sakuras pregnancies so she could even join her! =O

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Some Afternoon

"Well, the ad said this was the place..."
    Thad muttered to himself as he looked up at the Keep and set his bike against the wall. At seventeen, the young man was rather tall, nearly six feet, but incredibly lanky and not very well filled out with thin arms and body. His skin was pale where it was showing and his brown hair was cut short to just a few inches, enough to get in the way of his sight if it grew out any more. His clothing is black for the most part with a red tie as it seems he's come from a place where a uniform is required or at least he's dressed for the interview. "Hello?" He calls out. "Is this the residence of Mrs. Mithar? I'm here for the job!"

23. - Top - End - #263

Some Afternoon

The first living being Thad will see is a large gargoyle sitting outside the door, hulking over what appears to be a dragon plushie laying on the ground. The creature pokes at it with it's large claws but seem to be unable to decide what to do with the toy. The sorceress herself is nowhere in sight yet.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-05 at 09:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fall]

"I don't know. Swimming maybe? Not sure what else you could do with water. You could swim with the kids, though. I bet that's be really nice." Sakura suggests, considering some more. Nothing else jumps to mind, though!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Thad takes a quick glance around, a little wary, but if the gate is open he'll slip inside, his backpack over one shoulder. "Let me get that. Your claws might be a bit too rough on it. Plushies are delicate." He offers. If Garn lets him, Thad will pick up the plushie for him. "Um. I'm looking for a Cessie Mithar about a job. Is she here?" He asks the gargoyle.

26. - Top - End - #266

Entrance

The gargoyle turns and looks sternly at the teenager. "She inside." He looks down at the plushie in Thad's hands. Just staring at it for a moment. "You take that to children?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-07 at 09:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance => Front Door

"Certainly. And thank you."
    Thad tells Garn as he holds the plushie close, cradling it to his chest. He takes a quick look around to make certain of where to go before heading to the front door of the main house and giving it a series of knocks. "Miss Mithar? May I come in? I'm here to apply for the job you posted."

28. - Top - End - #268

Front Door

Garn follows along as as the young man starts knocking, the gargoyle simply opens the door and lets itself inside, moving past Thad and into the foyer where he can see the lady Cessie standing. "Yes, I saw you outside." She says with a small smile. "Welcome..." SHe trails off as she notes the plushie he holds against his chest. "Oh, you found it, I was just busy looking for it!"

"I found it." Garn corrects.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Thad nods. "I merely picked it up for him." He adds, not wanting to take the credit for finding it. He was here to apply for a job after all. He didn't want to start off by lying. He looks at Cessie for a moment before he jumps a bit, startled as he remembers that he's holding onto a toy that wasn't his. "Right! Um, here you go, Ma'am." He says, offering the toy to her. "I hope this is a good time. I can always come at a different time if you need me to. It was just convenient for me to stop by now when I'm returning home for the weekend from school."

30. - Top - End - #270

Inside

Cessie takes it and holds up her hand as if to calm him. "Try not to be too nervous, you helped me out already by giving this to me. My son can't sleep without it." She then gestures towards the living room. "But I still have time before their nap so let's talk. There couldn't be a better time really." She will guide him into the living room where she will sit down in a comfy armchair. "Is there anything you want? Tea, juice, water?"