New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside VIII: OrksOrksOrks!

Aurora Fountain

"True, but the fountain is magic. I wasn't sure if the magic would recognize my desire as a thought, due to the fact that I am ultimately artificial. I wonder if it would work for other AIs or if my unique circumstances caused an exception." she hmms.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako shrugs.
    "Sorry, I wouldn't know much about that. My magic is all too physical to differentiate much between those kind of things."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"That's fine. Can I ask some questions, if you don't mind?" Cai is curious about this Kobold.

Cai is curious about most things, but still.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako tilts his head a bit. "Uh, sure, I think. What are you curious about?" he says simply. He usually doesn't have anything private enough to be concerned about, but few people ask about him.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"If I'm correct, you seem to be a kind of kobold. Are wings common among your kind of kind of kobold?" Cai asks.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako shakes his head.
    "No, it's a very uncommon thing. My clan made a really big deal of them. Kind of embarrassing in hindsight." he says with a bit of a smile, which is the best his face can really do.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"Do kobolds like you show emotion on your face?" Cai asks. She saw the smile, and realized that most of normal human expressions would likely be difficult or impossible.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako's ear-fins twitch self-consciously.
    "My lips don't really move much. No cheeks, you know? Our body language is usually in the ears or the tail or the stance. Or gesticulation. And I think I do a little with my wings. I don't know since they're behind me." he says with a bit of a chuckle.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"That sounds logical," Dorota observes. "Very well then. I'll try to teach you some alchemical processes I know of that involve fire and heat, so you can incorporate them into your own craft. In return, you'll let me study your transmutation circles and see if I can incorporate some of their principles into my tools."
    Miria smiles, standing up.
    We have a deal. Just a warning by the way: whatever you do, do not try to use my style of alchemy to try resurrecting someone. It comes at a great cost and won't work.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"I was referring to what way, specifically, so I could read more reptilian emotions easily," Cai explains.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako's tail flicks in a bit of confusion.
    "But you asked a yes or no question. Erm, never mind. It's uh, usually the same as most people for stance and such, but the subtleties of tail and ear movement can be kinda hard to explain. Sometimes it's like many animals, sometimes it isn't. I could point out a book for you if you want, but it'd be really hard to explain." says the kobold self-consciously.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"Oh, my apologies. I'm still refining my communication. Yes, a book would be appreciated," Cai says with a nod.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako reads off a somewhat long title for a Nexusian Translator's Guide to Interpersonal Communications (Reptilian Humanoids). It's a bit odd that he knows such a title since it's obviously something he himself would never need. He doesn't bother writing it down, since he figures synthetic computer people must be able to store information easily.
    "That should be decent enough. Someone I know mentioned skimming it once when she had to work with some of my kind. Was there anything else you wanted to know?" he offers.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    M'usic Emporium

Xun shifts uncomfortably a little. She doesn't really know how musical instruments work. She's also not sure she wants to admit that.
    Mil turns look at Xun.

"There's nothing to worry about, your'e just giving me details on what instrument you want?"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Cai nods. "Yes, but many of them can be answered by easy Nexusnet Searches. If you have any questions, I feel it would be polite to answer your questions."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Spako scratches his head for a moment. "Uh, I don't think I know enough about folks like you to really ask an informed question about you. Uh, what were those circumstances you mentioned before?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Triple B

Jace rolls his eyes. "Laughing. He's definitely laughing. He might joke, but he really is a little drake. He's a reptile and he sticks to reptiles. Which is something that dragons don't do in stories, but there really are not that many half-dragons where we come from. And less from metallics like him. Although raptor legs are scaled and clawed. I haven't asked him if he likes your feet." he says teasingly, still hesitant to let his eyes wander too much. Old habits die hard...
    Triple B

Veronica smiles a bit before frowning and furrowing her brow as she slips her top back on and taking a moment to adjust it. "They say reptilians and avians are closely related in some worlds. I wonder what their common ancestor would be if so. If you can send imagined images over your connection to Zebes, you could always tease him with a version of a harpy with draconic wings, tail, and scales instead." She teases, sticking her tongue out at Jace over her shoulder.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"A mix of artificial intelligence and magic. My intelligence is a computer program that might break the rules of possibility, and my body is magically formed and animated. The details are unknown and maybe unknowable; it was an accident, and chaos magic was involved."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Triple B

Jace snorts (it's probably pretty cute).
    "Sounds like standard fare for half-dragons. But that would just be rude. That's just abuse of a proper mental bond, I'll have you know. If I started that precedent Zebes would start breaking out his best jokes every time I needed to say something serious."

Aurora Fountain

Spako gives her a bit of a funny look.
    "Oh, okay. Just as long as you're ok and everyone's safe it doesn't really matter, right?"
    Oh, boy. More chaos magic.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-08-22 at 08:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"Ideally, but I'm curious about my actual nature. Do I count as having a soul? I suppose I should find somewhere to check." Cai looks around. "I'm very curious, in general."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Fountain

Xun hops up onto the fountain's edge, looking up at her conversation partner. I don't believe I got your name? I'm Xun.

M'usic Emporium

Xun looks a little hesitant. Something drum-like, maybe? I just would need it in a way I could strike. Maybe something angled differently? Kitties can stand on their back legs but it's not easy to get a good hit in like that.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"I can see that." says Spako with mirth in his voice. But then he seems to get serious again. "Souls are some heavy stuff. Definitely not my field."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"I have no real interest in raising the dead," Dorota says with a shrug. "In any event, we can start tomorrow."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mall Kiosk to Mall Office

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" Kate heads that way.

This next person would have been her boss, right? She hopes he doesn't hold a grudge for her dying suddenly.
    [Mall Kiosk to Mall Office]

Kate is certainly not going to where 'her' boss resides, but she wouldn't know what would she. Instead, she's headed to the head honcho's office, the owner of Mallside. This becomes readily apparent when she ends up inside a waiting room. There are only two doors in the room, the one she came through and one labeled "Da Boss".

Also in the waiting room is a woman behind a deck. She's dressed neatly in a business suit. Her pale, purple skin and tendril hair drawn up into a bun is a bit odd, but not too noteworthy in the Nexus. She looks up when Kate enters, and when Kate looks her way she says, "Kate Kyland I assume? You're hear to meet with the owner of the establishment about a job, yes?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mystique Physique

Well, he's not quite the same. He hasn't technically eaten in the past few days despite being kept alive by succubus magic, so he's lost a pound or two or five. He also hasn't shaved for sure, so he has a surprisingly neat goatee on his chin. Still, that doesn't matter to him and he gladly hugs her.
    "Fantastic. Do you mind if we go back to my place? I think I've spent enough money for one day and I'd like to put on something that isn't a hospital gown." he says with a smile as Barnabas settles on top of his head.
    [Mystique Physique]

"Not at all. Let's go right there." Syela says. And off the two go, presumably to make out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Mask Parade]

Harley's cheeks are squeezed. They're exactly like normal cheeks.

Between squozen cheeks, her mouth moves. "So long as it covers my face," she says, "it's a right mask." To her, it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit perfectly. (That happens sometimes when you're a shapechanger.)
    [Mask Parade]

"Haha! I like how you think. But maybe we can find a mask that's a little more right than the others, hm?" The litle man gleefully hurries off to one mask laden wall. "The rose! So beautiful, yet dangerous to those that don't know better. Is there a hidden danger in you?" He whirls around with what would look like a mass of flowers if she didn't know better. Next to her head holds up a simple wooden mask with a large, white flower that would cover the top of her head. His eyes look thoughtful as he considers it.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"I have no real interest in raising the dead," Dorota says with a shrug. "In any event, we can start tomorrow."
    I'm sure, but a warning to remember in case the future brings misfortune is better than not mentioning a warning at all, is it not? In any case, understood. I'll see you then!
    Miria replies, exiting the scene if this can be called it's end
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Aiden sighs and glances at the cat he's having a conversation with. "My name's Aiden. I own the coffee shop here, the Roost."

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    M'usic Emporium

Xun looks a little hesitant. Something drum-like, maybe? I just would need it in a way I could strike. Maybe something angled differently? Kitties can stand on their back legs but it's not easy to get a good hit in like that.
    "That's quite doable. I have made instruments for people of different shapes before. So that wouldn't be much trouble. Would you like an enchantment on it or just a plain instrument?"

Mil unlocks the door to the back room.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mall Kiosk to Mall Office

"Yes. I tried to apply over the internet, but that portion of your site is down," Kate explains.

Aurora Fountain

"What is your field? What model of magic do you operate with?" Cai asks curiously.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-08-24 at 08:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"It's simple combat magic, really. Maybe a bit diverse, an electric shock here, fireball there, haste and spider-web. Nothing all that complex. Really just basic evocations when you get right down to it." he says self-consciously. He doesn't seem to think that bending the laws of physics to his whims is all that impressive.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Cai is quiet for a minute. "If I wanted to start learning magic, how would I go about it?"