New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lets watch: batman beyond

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't mind Dana?
    Bruce Wayne's girlfriends in the animated series were less plastic than Dana was. No I am not talking about catwoman, wonder woman, lois lane, whatever the girl was from mask of the phantasm but the actual "normal" girls who were just socialites.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty I've been a bit busy so i haven't been able to get these out earlier than i wanted to.

Episode 14
    Spoiler: season 2, episode 14: Eyewitness
    Show

We open on a dark and stormy night. Terry is staking out an illegal weapons deal. Terry breaks it up and it looks like it’s an undercover sting. At Wayne manor Barbara and Bruce are talking about what happened; Barbara tells Bruce to make sure he doesn’t slip up any more. Barbara is at a fund raiser for her husband when Mad Stan crashes the party and slugs Barbara… jerk. Terry shows up and they start to rumble. The battle ends up in the car park and Terry apparently kills Mad Stand, Barbara is witness to this. I think it’s a setup.

Barbara decides to put an end to batman. She shows up at the batcave again and tells Bruce that Batman is done, she’s revealing everything and bringing terry in. Terry shows up at his place to find the cops there so he goes to Max’s place to hide out. He calls Bruce and they begin investigating.
    Bruce tells terry to go find Mad Stan’s body in the morgue. Which isn’t there, then an alarm is tripped and Terry bails. It’s clear we’re dealing with an invisible enemy. On the way out the cops show and Terry takes a hit (give that guy a raise for actually being able to hit what he’s shooting at), he nearly escapes but the cops manage to hound him, pinning him down.

Bruce figures out that it’s spellbinder behind it, using his powers on Barbara. Terry takes him out and the cops take him away. Terry gets things straightened out with his mom and even gets on her good side for once. Apparently Mad Stan is living out his fantasy in one of the Spellbinder’s VR machines.
    Roll end credits.

So I’m slightly disappointed this wasn’t a pure Mad Stan episode. Now I wonder if we’ll ever get to see one. However the trick Spellbinder pulls is cleaver and nearly works. It also shows us that there is some tragedy in the past that made Barbara break with Bruce, something bad enough that she can’t trust Bruce’s judgment anymore.

She has no real reason to distrust what she sees, other than she knows that Spellbinder exists and I assume knows he’s at large. So she shouldn’t be so willing to put aside her instincts about the situation besides she was batgirl, she knows this sort of stuff happens; she’s being bullheaded. She’s wanted to shut down batman for a while now and has made that perfectly clear from the beginning. I want to know what happened, I hope I find out in this show and they don’t just leave that plot point hanging.

Epiosde 15
    Spoiler: season 2, episode 15: final cut
    Show

This episode opens with a plane landing at an air field for repairs. We see a bald guy with a cybernetic eye, he’s worried about something. Is this Lex Luthor? Anyway we see Curare slip onboard and the plane is off. The bald guy calls a guy in Gotham who is “looking for a target”. These two are part of the society of assassins and Curare is taking them out one by one. The bald guy and Curare fight on the plane she throws some sort of chemical vial which wipes his mind. She then escapes via rocket pack. So this bald guy is the guy I initially thought was deathstroke, I’m disappointed.

Back in Gotham, Terry is cruising around in the bat-mobile telling Max about how Bruce is in Asia on personal business. He’s attacked by the guy we met earlier, he was just trying to get Batman’s attention. He’s the only one left in the society of assassins, Curare has killed the rest. He wants batman to protect him and take out curare. If he refuses, this guy will detonate a bomb somewhere in Gotham.
    Terry gets Max to locate Bruce and fill him in. however she instead sneaks into the guys room and starts looking for clues as to the location of the bomb. However Curare shows up and attacks Max, who really should have listened to Terry. Terry flies off to rescue her, and we see a mic on the guy’s lapel. I think this is a clue that something more is going on. Terry gets there and Max is ok despite being scared half to death. Terry tells Max not to call him Terry, makes sense.

Curare attacks the guy in the park and he puts up a fair fight but she hits him with the mind wipe pellet thingy. There’s about three hours left on the clock before the bomb explodes. Back at Max’s place they work on figure out where the guy planted the bomb. It’s at the Gotham Museum of armaments. Terry and Max go there to find it. Curare shows and they start to rumble while max looks for the bomb. He finds the bomb hidden in an old nuclear bomb and dismantles it at the last moment while Terry manages to defeat curare again.

First off I'm a bit disappointed that the bald guy with the cyber eye is not Deathstroke or Lex Luthor. other than that, this episode is mostly a straight action episode, a lot of explosions and fighting. Curare is mostly unstoppable. it's interesting that she was able to turn the tables on the society of assassins and actually win against them. we don't really learn much but it is fun just to watch the action.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-09-10 at 02:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Spamalot in the Playground

Yeah, #14 really made me wonder what happened between Barbra and Bruce that they're both bitter old folks now. It's really one of the best parts of the series-- that the old heroes are all jaded and broken up like that.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: season 2, episode 16: the last resort
    Show

Terry is once again cruising the Gotham skyline in the batmobile talking to Max when the police pass him, they’re chasing someone in a huge flying truck thing. Terry intervenes and stops him, but he sees it’s someone from school named Sean Miller.

Next we’re watching some commercial or something with a child psychologist named David wheeler. He mentions something about “parental liability laws” and how parents can no longer ignore their children’s problems. Apparently he’s got a ranch outside of Gotham that parents can send their children to , to get them straightened out. Sort of like a rehab center. Already I smell a rat.

Back at school Chelsea, Dana and Terry talk about the ranch and how an awful lot of parents are shipping their children off to it even kids who apparently don’t need therapy. Chelsea writes a letter to the principle. Instead of voicing her concerns maturely she instead basically flames it. Good one there girl. The principle immediately calls her dad and the next day she’s gone. Dana and Max say somebody should look into that ranch.
    We then cut to Chelsea and she’s at the ranch. This place looks a bit too prison like. Everyone is wearing orange there’s little furniture, the windows are up really high. We learn of something called the “I-so” I assume that’s short of isolation. Anyway they apparently have class but we don’t get to see it yet. That night Terry sneaks in as batman. Terry learns some stuff and reports back to Bruce, he says its classic brainwashing. I knew I spelled a rat. Terry accidently trips an alarm (he still needs work in the sneaking/stealth department).

This place is just like a prison with big search lights and armed guards etc. Terry manages to escape and get back to the bat cave. Decides that the best way to deal with this is to sneak a recorder in and get evidence the police can use to shut them down. He gets in and contacts Chelsea who fills him in on what’s happening. He records it. However Sean from earlier catches up to him and they start fighting. The guards break it up but they find the recorder and they lock terry up. Terry tries to get Sean to help him escape, they jump the guards as they try to put them in ISO, terry gets a little help from another friend who was mentioned earlier but I didn’t bring up.

On their way out they run into a bunch of other guards and they open the other cells to let out the locked in kids to create a diversion. Terry changes into batman… and it looks like they’re using gas on the children geeze. Sean drops the doctor off the side of a building but terry rescues him. The kids are released to their families and Chelsea is still mad at her dad. Terry and Bruce chat and we cut to credits.

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Seriously if about a third of the episodes are to believed, Gotham doesn't have a problem so much with technology gone rampant or corruption or crime so much that loosy absent parenting.
    This is the episode where that comes to a head. We’ve already seen hints of it here and there. This guy’s program takes the parenting and responsibility out of being a parent. Put you kid through the program you saw on TV and he comes back better. As far as I can tell, none of these parents, even Terry’s own mom, have stopped to ask their kids what’s wrong. Instead at the first sign of trouble, they ship their kids off to be someone else’s problem. it’s negligent and just wrong. This sort of absent parenting is problematic, and possibly why Gotham is so bad and therefore the very reason why batman exists. it’s also something I personally detest.

Episode 17
    Spoiler: season 2, episode 17: the armory
    Show

This episode opens with Terry, Dana and Max at a birthday party for Jared, who we last saw back in season one’s episode ten, spellbinder. His dad buys him a car, Terry and Dana dance. The next day his dad gets laid off and he’s rather pissed. His name is Jim. He’s a weapons designer and apparently built the weapons RD department at Wayne/Powers from the ground up all by himself.

Anyway he puts on a show about it being no big deal, but it seems he can’t find work, despite his credentials. He gets a work at a company called Force tech, it’s all under the table work. He breaks into Wayne/powers and steels the designs he needs for the work. He’s got a force field hand grenade, cool.

Terry shows up on top of his getaway van truck… vehicle. Terry manages to stop his car. Jim is pretty good in a fight honestly and manages to get away. Jim gets partially paid for his work, but he needs more parts to build the weapon.

Terry and Max bump into Jared and he’s feeling a bit down. He’s frustrated with his step dad (jim). Terry makes the connection between the two and Terry follows him on his next “mission”. I’m dubbing terry’s motorcycle the Terry cycle. So far, Jim is using mostly non-lethal weapons, which is nice. Terry shows up and battle is on again. Jim’s weapons accidentally caused an explosion; Terry manages to put out the fire it caused saving people from getting really hurt. But Jim gets away.

Anyway Jared is snooping around and gets into his step dad’s shop. Jim and his contact shows up at the shop and talk, Jared learns Jim is armory and a big spider lands on his face, he makes some noise and they find out about Jared. Jared is not happy with Jim and he tries to explain but he’s not having any of it. Jared’s mom walks in and Jim has to explain the whole thing. Least he’s coming clean with his family.

They hear Terry approaching (told you he needs to work on that stealth) and the contact grabs the weapon Jim’s been building and opens fire. he drops some building on Terry and Jim saves his life by hitting the guy with his non lethal weapon. Although he attacks Jim with his arms gooed up. Terry bat lassos him.

Back at school, Jared is feeling better, his dad getting pretty lenient punishment for his crimes and Max is offering him a ride since Jared had to sell his new car to pay a fine.
    Roll end credits.

I feel very sorry for Jim, he loses his job, and discovers he has a hard time finding a new one. He just wishes to provide for his wife and stepchild at the same comfort level they had grown accustomed to. Jim unfortunately made a bad choice and began doing business under the table which led him to theft so he can do his business. We learn later that his wife was willing to suffer a loss in comfort level. showing that she didn’t just marry him for his wealth.

I also that this episode revisits a character we had met previously. It helps us ground Terry in a real word and things happen outside of the batman costume. Jim losing his job had nothing to do with Batman.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Next pair are Sneak Peek and Plague. Both pretty solid episodes. The next one, however...

6. - Top - End - #156

Last Resort really makes me wonder about parenting in Gotham. Does no one follow up on their kids while there?
    I did like that Terry still makes a mistake here and there as Batman. Still learning the trade. :)
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

Digo, this is the sort of thing that actually happens irl. Parents will ship thier kids off to "summer camp" because they have been promised to cure all sorts of "afflictions" Things like, being depressed, or goth, or into punk, all the way up to sexual orientation. It is literally no more than legal brainwashing. There are places that will actually (with parental permission) grab your kid in the middle of the night and drag them off with no explanation.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Digo, this is the sort of thing that actually happens irl. Parents will ship thier kids off to "summer camp" because they have been promised to cure all sorts of "afflictions" Things like, being depressed, or goth, or into punk, all the way up to sexual orientation. It is literally no more than legal brainwashing. There are places that will actually (with parental permission) grab your kid in the middle of the night and drag them off with no explanation.
    In some countries at least.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Digo, this is the sort of thing that actually happens irl.
    Yes, I'm well of this. And as a parent it's a bit of a berserk button for me.
    But rather than rant on the real world parallels, I'm just looking sternly at the in-universe Gotham city parents to keep on thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    The next one, however...
    The next is a really good one.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-09-11 at 10:46 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yes, I'm well of this. And as a parent it's a bit of a berserk button for me.
    But rather than rant on the real world parallels, I'm just looking sternly at the in-universe Gotham city parents to keep on thread topic.
    Kinda ironic that we have lower child and infant mortality rate (plus teenage pregnancy or realization that teenagers are not supposed to have kids) now.
    For the show, it's Cyberpunk. Society is supposed to be screwed up in the future.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Kinda ironic that we have lower child and infant mortality rate (plus teenage pregnancy or realization that teenagers are not supposed to have kids) now.
    For the show, it's Cyberpunk. Society is supposed to be screwed up in the future.
    The Cyberpunk setting of the show is a huge sell for me. I bought the soundtrack for my Shadowrun games because it works for me. :3
    I just wish someone in Hollywood would see the movie potential in it and consider the idea.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

OK first off, I’ve noticed the episodes on this dvd are arranged differently than what Wikipedia says they are, this is the order they are presented on the DVD set.

Spoiler: Season 2, Episode 18: Sneak Peek
    Show

We meet a TV gossip-mongerer named Ian peak. He’s got a show called the Inside peek. He’s spreading information that’s getting people in trouble. It looks like he’s pissed off our old acquaintance Paxton Powers which we haven’t seen in a while. We cut to terry who’s watching TV instead of Batmanning for a change (really I’d be getting some shut eye instead), Matt comes in and the show is playing something potentially inappropriate. Terry tells him he shouldn’t be seeing it and proceeds to chase him off. But their mom comes in and tells them neither of them should be watching it. Terry says “it’s just entertainment” and his mom comes back with a wise comment. I think terry’s going to be eating his words by the end of the episode.

Next we see an Asian fellow meet up with the DA (Barbara’s husband, who’s name I can’t recall), this guy is part of the Tong, which is an Asian gang and he’s ratting them out. We also see a guy that’s partially invisible but also very much incorporeal so he can pass through walls like Shadow Cat from the X-men or Martian manhunter. This guy is spying on them. the gangster starts to spill his guts when the DA thinks he sees something, he investigates to find nothing. In another room a cop walks in on the guy and gets slugged, he then runs through the wall and the slugged cop hits the alert, smart guy.

Terry shows and the chase/fight is on. he apparently doesn’t know that incorporeal beings pass through matter, not energy, I guess he doesn’t read enough comic books. Anyway this guy sets the building they’re in on fire and then escapes through the wall. He turns off his device attached to his belt and it’s Ian from before. I figured that already.

At school, Terry is in science class which confidently is about the very subject he dealt with last night. Back at the bat cave, Bruce fills us in on the details of the tech and that the inventor died. The tech vibrates at such a high frequency that the atoms or molecules or whatever can pass through other matter. Think the flash phasing through stuff and you have the same idea. On the tram Terry catches part of Ian’s show and puts the two together. Terry shows up at the studio and confronts Ian however before anything important happens the Tong bust in and the little guy from before has a bazooka and he an’t afraid to use it.

Terry stops them but Ian mages his getaway with device. It looks like he did something to the bat mobile while he was at it. it looks like he planted a recorder in the bat mobile. He’s lucky it’s not facing the wall. He gets footage of both Bruce and Terry sans mask; he’s going to reveal it on his show but Terry and Bruce find out about it.

Apparently Ian is having a problem with his suit and he’s got a hole through his abdomen, which almost explains his stomach aches. Back at home terry tells Matt and his mom that he’s batman and they bust up laughing. Terry calls Bruce but he’s not home. Bruce meets Ian and Ian tries to get Bruce to help him get cured. Bruce isn’t having any of it. He even offers the only unedited footage from the bat cave, and then he attacks Bruce. Terry shows and stops him but he fazes out completely and starts falling through the building, Terry tries to help but to no avail. Ian falls through the ground and is gone.

Roll end credits

Ian peak has no shame, he doesn’t care about how his brand of news (gossip-mongering) affects the lives of those interviews. He’s unapologetic about it, and revels in the attention he gets. I don’t know if they’re trying to send a message to the media or of they’re just pointing out that gossiping can backfire on you pretty hard, since the device that he’s been using to eavesdrop on people in effect kills him.
    This sort of “reporting” irks me to no end. While I think the news media should report the news with no spin on it, there is a standard of decency and taste they should hold to. This guy has none of that and he makes me mad so I’m somewhat happy he got his comeuppances despite his apparent death.

Spoiler: season 2, episode 19: the eggbaby
    Show

Ok what’s up with the title. Oh well diving in!

This episode opens with big bertha here and her two cronies, one is clearly her son, and the other probably is as well. They break into a mansion and steal a specific ruby ring out of the safe, despite there being plenty of other loot to steal. The butler takes some of the cash and reports it all stolen.
    At school Terry gets a call from Bruce and we learn the big lady is named “Ma Mayhem”. Boy terry isn’t with it at school and Bruce rightfully asks how one fails “family studies”. Suddenly the name Egg baby makes perfect sense. Terry gets paired up with Blade who couldn’t care less while the nerd from episode 12 gets paired up with Dana. Surprised there, I figured it’d be Terry and Dana. These are machines that record everything. They even crack and when you drop them. Oh this is going to be fun.

Blade drops the egg baby off at Terry’s, just before he suits up to go bat manning and stop Ma mayhem from stealing more gems. So he’s got to take the egg baby along. He’s fighting with the baby and the stupid thing likes all the acrobatics. I think Terry’s going to somehow pass. Reassuring us that Batman is the best parent money can buy (ok that’s sarcasm).

Terry and Bruce and the egg baby (which I don’t think they’ve bothered no name yet) are in the bat cave and Ace (the dog) is licking it haha. Nobody wants to take the thing off of terry’s hands for an hour or so, not even Bruce. So he has to take it along. He finds a place to stash the thing while he rumbles with Ma Mayhem and her two boys. They make it to the roof with Terry in pursuit. They get in their car with is disguised as the thing the baby was stashed in.

Bruce figured out they can trace the baby’s crying and they start the chase. Meanwhile we get some background into Ma Mayhem and it’s sorta bittersweet. They find the baby and don’t really care. It’s hilarious because while she’s a mother she doesn’t give a crap. They throw it out the window and terry catches it. After lengthy chase and fight, terry manages to capture them all although Ma loses her stolen jewelry.
    Back at school, most people do pretty badly with their egg babies except for Terry (called it), the teacher cites that terry is the only one who was stimulating the baby outside of the normal change, feed and nap routine. Everyone laughs and Dana gives him a knowing look.

Roll end credits

This episode is ridiculous. Terry juggling around this toy baby like it’s a football is hilarious. The fact that Blade wants nothing to do with the thing and still expects to pass is very much in character for her. heck the situations the other kids in the class work out is actually pretty cleaver and funny. Ma Mayhem is potentially an interesting character; she’s got back-story and a personality. I suspect she’s just a one off villain but it’s not really about her, it’s about terry dealing with this big ridiculous project and being batman at the same time. It's also shameful and hilarious that nobody will help Terry out and take care of the thing while he's out bat-maning.

Honestly I was expecting some sort of mutant brain-egg in a jar sort of situation. It totally blind sided me. It’s more of an action/comedy episode than anything else.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    I don’t know if they’re trying to send a message to the media or of they’re just pointing out that gossiping can backfire on you pretty hard
    Why not both? It's a really dark kind of comeuppance the dude gets. I figure he'll eventually die of suffocation (or starvation? Really, how is he breathing? Does the device phase some air around him?), but that'll be one heck of an unsolved Missing Persons case.

the eggbaby
    I really liked this episode. It was silly, amusing action and even throws in a little parenting tip at the end for everyone.
    I think when Bruce is first told about the egg baby was a good scene. I want to know what he was thinking.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

If you enjoy the show once your finished you may want to look into the comic series that continues the TV series storyline. A few people from the TV series who just disappeared end up making a reappearance. You get some returning characters from the TV series who just vanished, they even have an entire story arc where Dana is a central character.

Spoiler: Sneak Peak
    Show
    I really did love the scene where he tries to confess to his family that he's batman and they laugh it off.

The creators admit they wrote Eggbaby simply as Emmy Bait, and it worked the episode won an Emmy.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

15. - Top - End - #165

DruidGuy

I didn't really like Eggbaby, but it did have one golden moment in it, when Terry is trying to make Bruce babysit it.

"Hey, maybe you could..."
    Bruce gives him The Bat-Stare.
    "...nevermind."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Season 2, Episode 20: Zeta

Spoiler: season 2, episode 20: Zeta
    Show

This episode opens up with Terry and Max in genetics class at school, Max asks a question and the teacher literally gives a text book answer. Leaving class, Terry asks Max if being batman gives him a suspicious nature, and Max answers yes but something is weird with their teacher.
    Miss Martel, the teacher leaves the building and some goons try capture her calling her zeta. She tries to make her escape via car but it’s wrecked. Zeta gets out of the car and opens fire. Apparently zeta is a synthoid, Terry helps out by pulling some bystanders out of the fire.

Apparently zeta can change it’s shape. It looks like Barbara is on a manhunt as she and her cops kick down the door to Miss. Martel’s house. The NSA fills Barbara in on the situation, Zeta is a advanced tactical synthoid designed for infiltration. Terry is dropping eaves on the conversation. Apparently Zeta went renegade and the NSA are trying to take it out before people start dying.

Barbara knew Terry was eaves dropping and tells him he should take care of it before the NSA do, as they don’t care as much about civilian casualties as Barbara does. (Ok I sense some hypocrisy here, her cops do not pull punches when trying to arrest… well anyone). Anyway back at school Max is studying up on Zeta only we discover that it is actually Zeta in disguise. She breaks into a manufacturing facility and we see that she’s interrogating Max. The next day, Terry asks her something and Zeta gives the wrong answer, tipping terry off that she’s not the real Max. Terry follows Zeta, and the feds are also on her trail. Max and Zeta have a conversation and we learn Zeta that doesn’t want to hurt people anymore.

Terry bursts in on them and they start the rumble. Terry is pummeled but Zeta saves his life. Then the feds show up and attack. Zeta defends himself and its actually pretty badass. Terry blows a hole in the roof and he, Max and Zeta escape. Zeta reveals what has happened to him.

Zeta tries to take the train out of town but the feds nearly catch him. He fights them and they corner him pumping him full of laser shots. He falls off the platform and is a wreck. Terry gets down there and sees he’s actually ok and he switches identities again and leaves. Terry throws a bomb and gets out of there. The feds dig through the wreckage and Zeta makes his escape on the train.
    Roll end credits.

I don’t really have much to say about this episode. It’s a fun episode about a robot, that’s about it. Zeta is basically the terminator from T2 judgment day. He’s been reprogrammed to be a good guy yet everyone thinks he’s a monster. Only max is willing to listen to him.

Season 2, episode 21: Plague
    Spoiler: Season 2, Episode 21: plague
    Show

We open at the Gotham airport, Terry, Chelsea and Dana are there and are there to pick up Neson. Apparently spring break is over and he’s back from Hawaii or something. The guard checks his bag at the line and finds he’s got a jar of green ooze. He’s got no clue what it is and since Nelson isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, I believe him. They take it but they let him go, however they seal off the area. And there’s the rat.
    The guy at the counter can change his face around like Clayface. Terry and company leave the air port and our good friend Stalker jumps them, he grabs Nelson and heads up the building. He starts interrogating nelson and he spills the beans. Then he drops nelson off the building and he hits a car. He should be much more hurt. But funny joke.
    Terry gets into the bat suit and starts rumbling with Stalker but terry isn’t having any of it. However the feds show up and tell terry that Stalker is working for them and that he’s tracking someone called “false face” who can change his appearance as I mentioned earlier. The fed tells terry this guy is working for COBRA and when did this turn into G.I. Joe. Anyway we learn that the vial contains a deadly virus that causes totally ecological disaster (why do people keep making this sort of crap?).
    Terry and Stalker investigate a lead , I’m dubbing the guy in orange Serpentor, his cronies are doing something, Terry cloaks and goes in for a closer look. But stalker is impatient and he attacks, knocking everyone out. They False face is not there but they find a clue and are off.
    At the location the clue mentioned, we see false face take out a guard and open the doors. the rest of Cobra, enter the building and they find a bunch of creds that are in the possess of being manufactured. Their plan is to coat the creds with the virus which will spread the virus like you wouldn’t believe.
    Terry and stalker show and crash the party. They get the virus and Serpentor knows something. False face has been infected and they need to stop him before he becomes contagious and starts infecting people. Stalker hit him with the same sort of grenade he used on terry during his first appearance. So he can track him, however false face takes Stalker out with stungun. Terry catches up to him and he gets zapped and the place catches on fire and debree falls on him. stalker frees him and they find stalker, being affected by the contagion.
    Roll end credits.

I like this episode, we get to see stalker again, only he’s not hunting batman. Which shows that he doesn’t hate batman like is so common for batman villains. He still wants to hunt him down and kill him, but that’s more out of professionalism than hatred. He’s not exactly a good guy, more neutral than anything else. I like how he didn’t break out of jail instead he was freed by the government to help them with their problem. The cobra guys totally ring of G.I Joe, which cracks me up as I’m a big fan of that show.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say Stalker is most certainly evil. He doesn't really care how what he does hurts others. Not just his prey but also the people caught in the crossfire, and the ones left behind. Being at direct odds with the protagonist at all times is not the only road to evil.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

I don’t really have much to say about this episode. It’s a fun episode about a robot, that’s about it.
    The network on the other hand was enamored enough to green light 2 full seasons of the concept, the oddest and most easily ignored spin off in the DCAU. This is why when Zeta comes back to Gotham later, his design will have inexplicably changed to allow a more emotive face.

19. - Top - End - #169

The Zeta episode is was decent on the part of the robot. Standard "kill bot doesn't want to kill" kind of stuff, but that Max gets some action in the episode makes it stand out a bit more. She really does become a good asset to Terry on these later episodes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    The network on the other hand was enamored enough to green light 2 full seasons of the concept, the oddest and most easily ignored spin off in the DCAU. This is why when Zeta comes back to Gotham later, his design will have inexplicably changed to allow a more emotive face.
    It's called The Zeta Project. And the snake guys are called Kobra.

Some Zeta prototypes also get cameos in Justice League.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2014-09-15 at 08:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    It's called The Zeta Project. And the snake guys are called Kobra.
    I just remembered a late episode of the G1 Transformers that cameo'd Cobra Commander.
    Though they never outright said it, the implied dialog was pretty thick.

I need to get my hands on The Zeta Project series someday. I didn't get a chance to see it all.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

My dad and I watched Batman Beyond today. He said that Terry's batman costume look like a bad guy in appearance.
    So, can you tell me which Doom Patrol comics revealed that the group's super power accidents were made by The Chief after I watched the Terrific Trio episode.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    My dad and I watched Batman Beyond today. He said that Terry's batman costume look like a bad guy in appearance.
    So, can you tell me which Doom Patrol comics revealed that the group's super power accidents were made by The Chief after I watched the Terrific Trio episode.
    Isn't the costume being villanous sort of the point of Batman?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Isn't the costume being villanous sort of the point of Batman?
    The most immersion-breaking thing for me is that Batman wears his underwear outside his pants, so that automatically makes the Beyond costume better.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2014-09-21 at 09:14 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

sorry for not keeping up on this lets watch, i'm out of town and away from the dvds so i'll get back to it when i return.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    The most immersion-breaking thing for me is that Batman wears his underwear outside his pants, so that automatically makes the Beyond costume better.
    He meant the full body suit that made him a bit "villainous". Then again, he's not into entertainment analysis.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    And it's this attitude that got us stuck with the ugly nu52 costumes >.<

The 'briefs' weren't actually briefs in the original costumes; they were trunks. Both Batman and Superman's costumes were based on the classic circus strongman costume, and, long story short, strongmen wore spandex and usually performed on raised platforms. The trunks were mostly so that no-one ended up with spandex-outlined junk at eye-level.

Basically, the 'underwear on the outside' is a holdover from the visual shorthand for 'enormously strong person' from eighty years ago. Personally, I just grandfather it in mentally, since it's just part of the visual iconography of superheroes.

That being said, the Batman Beyond costume is pretty sweet, and the only part about it that never made sense to me was the highly mobile and expressive mouth :/

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll have to say, Batman Beyond is one of favorite superhero series.

One of the things that REALLY, REALLY, bug me, is that there are so many tv shows and movies about Batman, it isn't really funny.

What Batman Beyond does, in my opinion, is that it offers something new to Batman fans. Sure we get to see the old Batman characters (no pun intended), but also get a new variety of characters, from Terry McGinnis (is that how it is spelled?) to new villains like Shriek, Blight, and Inque.

Note: I don't really have anything against Batman (the good films and shows at least).

29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    I didn't really like Eggbaby, but it did have one golden moment in it, when Terry is trying to make Bruce babysit it.

"Hey, maybe you could..."
    Bruce gives him The Bat-Stare.
    "...nevermind."
    One better:

"What's going on in there? Is that a baby?"

"Uh-um..."

"You brought a baby with you!?"

"It's not what you think, really."

"Terry, is there something you need to tell me?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_6...-universes_p3/
    So did Terry told Max about Bruce Wayne's batman?
    And there's
    - possibly Dana Tan in Justice League Unlimited.
    - Hugo Strange but temporarily.
    - Alfred but many people already know it.
    - Aquaman from Justice League (not Superfriends )
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3