New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Lets watch: batman beyond

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Sorry if it's come up yet, but are you planning on watching return of the joker? Because you should, it's very very good.

Also, you should watch the justice league cartoons, they capture what makes those characters paragons very well and just nails the Batman/Superman friendship (plus, you see why Bruce named his dog Ace, and if that scene doesn't make you tear up something's wrong with you). Actually the DC animated stuff tends to be pretty good in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Sorry if it's come up yet, but are you planning on watching return of the joker? Because you should, it's very very good.

Also, you should watch the justice league cartoons, they capture what makes those characters paragons very well and just nails the Batman/Superman friendship (plus, you see why Bruce named his dog Ace, and if that scene doesn't make you tear up something's wrong with you). Actually the DC animated stuff tends to be pretty good in general.
    Yes, I am doing Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. And I’m doing justice league unlimited. I can’t currently do Justice League as the library system I’m renting these from does not have it.

I’ve already seen quite a bit of Justice League so I’m fairly familiar with it.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

update
    So I stopped by the library, and they had Justice league unlimited season 2, but not the other ones I’ve ordered. What this means is that I can watch the “official” ending to the series, even though I’m missing the two part time travel episodes from the first season.
    So I’m going to watch it and write up the review, however I’m not going to start a new thread until I’ve got the first season to watch. I’ll post both the time travel episodes and the “final” episode up here when I get to them.
    Also I’ll put up the return of the joker movie when I get a hold of it.

Also they had Batman the Brave and the bold on blue ray so I grabbed that. However I don’t have a blue ray player in my machine (this is not a lappy), so I have to watch it in the living room. On my machine I can type and watch at the same time, but I can't in the living room, so I won’t be doing a review of that show, besides that, someone has already done one.

edit
    Ok so this is weird.
    I apparently have season 3, even though the disks are labeled season 2. (i haven't ordered season 3 yet)
    That means instead of starting with “the cat and the canary”, I’m starting with “I am legion”.
    Even the title menu says season 2, which means there’s a screw up somewhere. So these disks are really badly mislabel, they changed the order for some screwy reason or Wikipedia is a bit wrong. So I’m stuck with no choice but to watch these in a screwy order. So my plans have been dashed to peices and i get to figure out how to order this.
    when the rest of the stuff i've ordered show I'll let you know whats going on.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-10-22 at 07:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post

Also they had Batman the Brave and the bold on blue ray so I grabbed that. However I don’t have a blue ray player in my machine (this is not a lappy), so I have to watch it in the living room. On my machine I can type and watch at the same time, but I can't in the living room, so I won’t be doing a review of that show, besides that, someone has already done one.
    You don't have to do a review of each episode but it would be fun to hear your general thoughts on the series and any stand-out moments (good or bad).

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Update:
    I’ve finished watching season 3 of Justice League unlimited, I’m not fully done typing up the revew however. I hate to post it in backwards order so I’m holding off on starting a new thread.

I went to the library today to pick up season one. It looks like they merged season one and two together; which is why season 3 was labeled as season 2. I double checked it on Wikipedia so that tracks.

However there was a problem with the DVDs I got. It was missing a dvd, came with 4, but the one I had 3. So I told the librarian and she took it and said they’ll track it down. So I don’t get to do any reviews for a while.

the good news is that I'm about halfway through Batman the brave and the bold (season one), and it's freaking awesome. It's over the top, campy and just super fun. I'm really enjoying it.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    Update:
    I’ve finished watching season 3 of Justice League unlimited, I’m not fully done typing up the revew however. I hate to post it in backwards order so I’m holding off on starting a new thread.

I went to the library today to pick up season one. It looks like they merged season one and two together; which is why season 3 was labeled as season 2. I double checked it on Wikipedia so that tracks.

However there was a problem with the DVDs I got. It was missing a dvd, came with 4, but the one I had 3. So I told the librarian and she took it and said they’ll track it down. So I don’t get to do any reviews for a while.

the good news is that I'm about halfway through Batman the brave and the bold (season one), and it's freaking awesome. It's over the top, campy and just super fun. I'm really enjoying it.
    Batman the Brave and the Bold starts as a Love Letter to the silver age, and eventually becomes a love letter to the absolute best parts of the gold, silver, bronze and even a couple of the best moments of the Iron Age. It's glorious and wounderful.
    "I Burn!"