New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIII: The Thread With No Name

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Did it even use any moves except those 3, because I can't remember seeing a fourth.
    Protect, I think.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Did it even use any moves except those 3, because I can't remember seeing a fourth.
    Its fourth move, according to the Pokémon website, is Protect.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Pachirisu was a key player in the 2014 world champion's team. Like, to the level of "would have lost if it weren't there". Follow Me, Nuzzle, Super Fang... Can't remember the last move. And built bulky as hell, Impish with fully defensive EVs. It was able to take multiple Earthquakes from an intimidated Garchomp.
    Protect, maybe?
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the Pachhirisu in the world final uses Protect once during the battle. So Follow Me, Nuzzle, Super Fang, and Protect.

Hardly a conventional set. And that's what makes champions. Both the guys in that match probably understand the doubles meta game in ways we couldn't even begin to grok.

Until recently I would have entirely written off Pachirisu as competitively worthless, even in the doubles metagame.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Mightyena recorded- in idle speculation, I'd laugh if they went and made Mega Pachirisu a thing after this year's World Championships, but I don't really rate the Likelihood of that terribly high.

I'm reminded that Gengar is a poison type, and capable of quite significant damage, and provides you with the option for a Mega Evolution later on, might work well in place of Arbok's damage dealing?
    I think Mega Gengar is currently banned, though, depending on which rule set you are using.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I think Mega Gengar is currently banned, though, depending on which rule set you are using.
    He was one of the first to go, although if this is for our Giant League, I am personally pressing for an overall elimination of those individual limitations from our ruleset. I don't know if that's likely to stick or not, though.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

He was one of the first to go, although if this is for our Giant League, I am personally pressing for an overall elimination of those individual limitations from our ruleset. I don't know if that's likely to stick or not, though.
    I've actually thought about testing exactly that. I'm throwing together a team containing Uber but otherwise Giant League friendly Pokemon to test. Aside from one that I'm breeding now it's just being thrown together with what I've already got trained up. I'd be very interested in battling some people just to see what I can do without planning team synergy for longer than maybe two minutes.
    Last edited by JustPlayItLoud; 2014-08-22 at 12:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

so, i finally got the TM i needed, and i've been wondering for a while, what pokemon go well in a trick room double-battle party?

so far i'm thinking of bronzong, cofagrigus, and possibly mega-mawile, but i figured i'd come here for advice (and possibly for trades, since i'm not sure i've got all the pokemon i'd need)
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    so, i finally got the TM i needed, and i've been wondering for a while, what pokemon go well in a trick room double-battle party?

so far i'm thinking of bronzong, cofagrigus, and possibly mega-mawile, but i figured i'd come here for advice (and possibly for trades, since i'm not sure i've got all the pokemon i'd need)
    I actually use a doubles Trick Room team for my ground gym in the Giant League. Camerupt can only really function in TR doubles, and it has netted me some decent KOs against challengers. It helps Excadrill sometimes if sand isn't up. And Gastrodon and Hippowdon don't mind being able to go first either.

I imagine Mawile would benefit greatly since its speed is one of its biggest downfalls. Mega Ampharos could probably totally wreck in TR also.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    I actually use a doubles Trick Room team for my ground gym in the Giant League. Camerupt can only really function in TR doubles, and it has netted me some decent KOs against challengers. It helps Excadrill sometimes if sand isn't up. And Gastrodon and Hippowdon don't mind being able to go first either.

I imagine Mawile would benefit greatly since its speed is one of its biggest downfalls. Mega Ampharos could probably totally wreck in TR also.
    i'm consideing megagardevoir/gardevoir as one of the pokemon, since it can learn trick room (and i don't have a bronzor/bronzong), but it's a little faster than i'd like

i'm also thinking of carbink, camerupt, possibly ferrothorn or some other similrly bulky pokemon, and maybe a spiritomb

in other news, does anyone have yamask's and bronzor's they're willing to trade?

extended signature

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was surprised to see Rotom so much in Worlds. Never seen one before, but it looked like it got a lot of play.

friend code is 5258-0586-5870

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Any gym leaders I haven't beaten/challengers who haven't beaten me around this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    I've actually thought about testing exactly that. I'm throwing together a team containing Uber but otherwise Giant League friendly Pokemon to test. Aside from one that I'm breeding now it's just being thrown together with what I've already got trained up. I'd be very interested in battling some people just to see what I can do without planning team synergy for longer than maybe two minutes.
    I'd be up for some battles. Personally I think I'd be okay allowing any non-unique Pokémon, but we can sort that out for next season after we finally finish this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    I was surprised to see Rotom so much in Worlds. Never seen one before, but it looked like it got a lot of play.
    Rotom-Wash is pretty popular. I occasionally see the other forms too, but Wash is the main one.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What nonparlpf said. Wash is really popular, and Heat's also got a bit of it going his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Appliance Rotoms have good defenses, decent SpAtk, and decent typing (Levitate + Electric means that without any Mold Breakers in the current meta, it's always better than a straight-up Water/Fire/Whatever type, plus it's resistant to Talonflame's Brave Bird). Wash and Heat also gain pretty good coverage with their bonus moves. Mow, Fan, and Frost Rotoms are a bit unusual, but there were a couple in Worlds...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Rotom also makes a good Volt Switch user, even if VoltTurn isn't quite as useful as it was last gen. It can make pretty good use of Trick, and having Will-O-Wisp is never bad for a moveset.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

I haven't really been around for a while, but I figured I'd drop in to ask this--

Does anyone happen to have a Treecko, Mudkip, Turtwig or Piplup with their hidden abilities? I'd be happy to offer an Iron Fist Chimchar in trade for one, if anyone would be willing.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

I see a lot of Rotom, Wash in particular. Maybe not as much as I used to, but still quite a bit.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfly View Post
    I haven't really been around for a while, but I figured I'd drop in to ask this--

Does anyone happen to have a Treecko, Mudkip, Turtwig or Piplup with their hidden abilities? I'd be happy to offer an Iron Fist Chimchar in trade for one, if anyone would be willing.
    I have Timid Treeckos bred with their HA, bred for Hidden Power Rock. 31/x/30/30/31/30 I believe... might swap special attack or special defense, whatever works out to HP Rock.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-08-22 at 06:35 PM.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

19. - Top - End - #139

I have Timid Treeckos bred with their HA, bred for Hidden Power Rock. 31/x/30/30/31/30 I believe... might swap special attack or special defense, whatever works out to HP Rock.
    My Chimchars aren't bred for competitive use yet, unfortunately... Would you be willing to trade me one, even so?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

My Chimchars aren't bred for competitive use yet, unfortunately... Would you be willing to trade me one, even so?
    I've actually bred Chimchars already, not really in great need for them - what say for a Vivillon? I don't know what pattern you have, but even if it's a duplicate of one I've got, I can stick it in one of the boxes I use to increase my odds in the daily ticket drawing.

I'll need your friend code, if it isn't in the first post; mine is in my signature.

21. - Top - End - #141

I've actually bred Chimchars already, not really in great need for them - what say for a Vivillon? I don't know what pattern you have, but even if it's a duplicate of one I've got, I can stick it in one of the boxes I use to increase my odds in the daily ticket drawing.

I'll need your friend code, if it isn't in the first post; mine is in my signature.
    I've got Polar Pattern Vivillon-- And I can get you one real quick~

My Friend Code is on the first post as well.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Back into Pokemon again, and on a whim I decided to start creating a Poison team. Figured I'd see if anyone had any good input for it.

I currently have:

Spoiler: Flavio the Golbat
    Show

Nature: Careful
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Item: Eviolite
    Moves: Poison Fang, Defog, Brave Bird, Roost
    EVs: 252hp, 150def, 108sdef

This one is admittedly me seeing if Eviolite Golbat is viable in the least. Was debating on Poison Fang or Toxic, but decided that 3 status moves was a bit too much of a Taunt bait.

And I am currently lacking a 6th member, though I have been thinking of using Regenerator Amoonguss, dedicated to status moves and protect, or possibly Rage Powder on the occasion of Double Battles.

One obvious flaw I see with the team is it only really has 2 dedicated attackers, and put gently, Arbok is not the greatest damage dealer in the world.
    Actually, Eviolite Golbat is surprisingly effective. ShadyPenguinn, a guy on Youtube, uses one in one of his competitive series and it puts in some serious work. He runs Defog/Super Fang/Toxic/Roost, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    i'm consideing megagardevoir/gardevoir as one of the pokemon, since it can learn trick room (and i don't have a bronzor/bronzong), but it's a little faster than i'd like

i'm also thinking of carbink, camerupt, possibly ferrothorn or some other similrly bulky pokemon, and maybe a spiritomb

in other news, does anyone have yamask's and bronzor's they're willing to trade?
    I've got both Yamask, and Bronzors (all three abilities), if you still need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Appliance Rotoms have good defenses, decent SpAtk, and decent typing (Levitate + Electric means that without any Mold Breakers in the current meta, it's always better than a straight-up Water/Fire/Whatever type, plus it's resistant to Talonflame's Brave Bird). Wash and Heat also gain pretty good coverage with their bonus moves. Mow, Fan, and Frost Rotoms are a bit unusual, but there were a couple in Worlds...
    I've actually seen more than a few Rotom-Mow for the sole reason that they ignore "powder" moves like Spore and Leech Seed.

Actually, if you do manage to get a Shell Armor Turtwig, mind breeding one up for me? I've got Defiant Piplups in trade.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    I've got both Yamask, and Bronzors (all three abilities), if you still need one.
    i got heatproof bronzor yesterday, but i do still need a yamask

extended signature

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    Actually, if you do manage to get a Shell Armor Turtwig, mind breeding one up for me? I've got Defiant Piplups in trade.
    I'll definitely throw one in your direction, if/when I get my hands on one.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

So...I still have a Shiny Continental Vivillon I'm looking to trade for possibly another shiny. Anyone interested?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Really random question: IF I were to give an eevee Heal Bell 5th gen, could I breed that move onto an eevee in 6th gen? I think not but I wanted to double check.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    Really random question: IF I were to give an eevee Heal Bell 5th gen, could I breed that move onto an eevee in 6th gen? I think not but I wanted to double check.
    I don't believe so, most tutor moves were not shifted over to egg moves. Much to my dismay, unfortunately.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

ORAS will have the comprehensive move tutors that we're accustomed to, don't worry. They've done something like that for the previous three generations (RS had few move tutors, FRLG/E had plenty, DP had few moves to tutor, PtHGSS had many, BW had few, BW2 had lots), so I expect it'll happen again.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

I wanted a Heal Bell Umbreon, but not having that pile of perfect IVs makes it hard to use in the Maison (which loves to spam non-volatile status on me). I will probably under up using an Aromatisse in that case.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    I don't believe so, most tutor moves were not shifted over to egg moves. Much to my dismay, unfortunately.
    Maybe if both eevee parents know the move and are moved up to XY for breeding?
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^