New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Constant Energy Absorbtion

Greetings, Playground!

So, I was conceptualizing a character that absorbs a certain type of energy (let's say fire), and repurposes the energy to heal or boost himself (think the Mechantrix's* 1:3 Electric Healing). I was wondering of ways I could attain this idea.

Thanks a lot

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Constant Energy Absorbtion

Bind a Phoenix Belt (Magic of Incarnum p82) to your Waist chakra. Gives you fire resistance, and whenever your resistance prevents damage, you gain fast healing 1 for that many rounds.

Comes online a little late, sadly (10th level at the absolute earliest). I don't know of a faster way off the top of my head.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Master Transmorgifist, at the capstone, lets you add a quality from one critter you could have turned into onto the form you actually did.

The Clay Golem's Magic immunity lets it heal when hit with Acid.
    The Flesh Golem's Magic Immunity lets it heal when hit with Electricity.
    The Iron Golem's Magic Immunity lets it heal when hit with Fire.

Play a Warforged (so Polymorph can turn you into a golem), pick a non-construct as one of your favoured forms, and pick one of those three Magic Immunities when you Polymorph. Pick the right form, and a single casting of Polymorph Any Object will get you a couple of weeks at a go.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2014-08-13 at 09:18 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I'd love to play a Mechanatrix Duskblade/Renegade Mastermaker one day. Human Heritage feat so he can take the PrC, and the Obtain Familiar and Improved Familiar to land himself a Shocker Lizard familiar.