Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default FAE Super Powereds-Freshman Year OOC Thread

"Hello Freshman year! My name is Roger Wellington. I want to welcome you to West Private University! Here, you will face the most arduous, and challenging four years imaginable. Those of you who make it, will have made the leap from Super to Hero.

"I hope your ready. Because if your not, we will know. And your days at West Private will be numbered."

Hi guys welcome to the OOC thread. The IC thread will be up soon enough.

First of all I'd like everyone to post their character sheets here. Next I'd like the boys to decide amongst themselves who wants to room mate together and who wants an NPC room mate (this is an OOC choice of course, your characters don't get to decide). Your all in Co-Ed dorms on campus, but girls can't be 'officially' room mates.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. Issac will be having an NPC room mate. You other four can decide among yourselves who rooms with whom.
    Issac, what's you room mate's name, what does your room mate look like? Also, you were unable to go to sleep until very late last night because of your room mate. What was he doing that kept you up? And are you angry about it? Note, do not decide his power (He is an HCP student). I shall decide it.

Lara, obviously you have to get an NPC for room mate. So tell me-What's her name, what does she look like, and why does she rub you the wrong way? Don't state what her power is-all your room mates are HCP, but I will decide what the powers are for NPCs.

IC Thread

Freshmen Class of 2014:
    Dylan Ringwood [Male] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Lara Mires [Female] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Isaac Chapel [Male] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Rayne Floyde [Male] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Kai Roman [Male] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Oliver Wilhelmsen [Male] Combat Ranking:? PC
    Matt Jensen [Male] Combat Ranking:? NPC
    Ashlee Hamilton [Female] Combat Ranking:? NPC
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-08-22 at 01:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: FAE Super Powereds-Freshman Year OOC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roommate Stuff
    Issac will be having an NPC room mate. You other four can decide among yourselves who rooms with whom.
    Issac, what's you room mate's name, what does your room mate look like? Also, you were unable to go to sleep until very late last night because of your room mate. What was he doing that kept you up? And are you angry about it? Note, do not decide his power (He is an HCP student). I shall decide it.
    His roommate's name is Yakov Schmirnov, and he kept Isaac awake all night with "In Mother Russia..." jokes.

JUST KIDDING!

Isaac's roommate is named Matt Jensen.

Matt is 6' 7'' and built like a football player.

Surprisingly enough, the two of them spent all night talking about their lives before and what they would be doing tommorow. Turns out that both of them are reasonably talkative and gregarious.

Any other Questions?
    Last edited by ImNotTrevor; 2014-08-14 at 01:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. When Matt asked you "when did you develop your powers?" How did you respond?

*Note, he said his developed when he was 13. And they apparently have nothing to do with his muscles, but he doesn't want to give any more hints, just in case you two need to fight tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Im thinking Rayne should have someone weak that gets kicked out eventually opening his eyes to how the program works. This character would be really friendly.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dylan Ringwood
    Fate Points: 3
    High Concept: 'Super' Manipulative University Student
    Trouble: "But just making them agree is so much easier..."
    Aspect: "Mama and Papa won't care if I splurge on the platinum card."
    Stunts: Because I know what makes you tick once per session, I may offer a compel to someone who I've used my power on previously, without spending a fatepoint.
    Because I know what people want I gain +2 to cleverly discover or create aspects about a person's secret desires or fears when interacting with them face to face.
    Approaches:
    Careful: 1
    Clever: 2
    Flashy: 0
    Forceful: 2
    Quick: 1
    Stealthy: 3

Major
    : Psychology

Spoiler: Powers
    Show

Motivation Manipulation: Dylan's power lies in being able to mentally manipulate people's motivations and urges. As it stands, his primary use of this is sapping the motivation from others, making them feel severe lethargy. He can also push people towards certain courses of action, and push them into following certain urges/impulses, but he can only intentionally effect short term things and he finds it more of a struggle to force anything that doesn't have any basis in the person's mind/personality to begin with.

Telepathic Resistance: Due to the telepathic nature of his power, and some training with Jim, Dylan has some resistance towards telepathic powers.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 160lbs
    Clean shaven, with fairly pale skin and short brown hair.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Born into an affluent household and with parents that spent more time working than staying at home, Dylan was raised mostly by a revolving door of nannies who never seemed to last all that long - despite any previous experience they'd have at the job, they always seem to spend more time taking naps or watching TV than looking after him. With his power manifesting at an early age, this wasn't so suprising in hindsight and allowed him to get up to all sorts of mischief. With rarely seen parents that he'd use his power on with barely a second thought and nannies that he cared even less about, Dylan was rather suprised to find his free reign come to an abrupt end one day.

While wandering around in a part of the city he wasn't too familiar with, he decided to head into a corner shop to get some snacks. Grabbing handfuls of sweets, he used his power to convince the elderly owner that it wasn't worth the effort to stop him and that he should have a snooze, a trick he had used many times before. It would have worked again, if not for the fact that the shop owner was a telepath and shut the boy's power down with ease.

He introduced himself as Jim, and after forcing a confession out of Dylan he dragged the boy back home. He spent the rest of the day shut in his room as the telepath fixed what he'd done to his parent's minds and explained to them what was going to happen. He couldn't leave things as they were, because all that would happen is Dylan would end up using his powers to manipulate people again and would eventually end up imprisoned, or worse. The best alternative was for him to be sent away to a boarding school that dealt with Supers, an option which his parents, still shocked at what they'd found out about their son, readily agreed.

Many years on, Dylan is remorseful for his actions but still struggles with the temptation to use it to get his own way. While his relationship with his parents is tense, the shop owner who discovered him has been visiting him over the years and while stern is the best authority figure he's had. He learned a few years back that Jim is a retired hero, and has since planned on following in his footsteps by joining the HCP.
    Last edited by Bunny of Faith; 2014-09-09 at 05:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Lara Mires
    Code name: Nova
    Height/Weight: 5'10"/140lbs
    Current Major: Undeclared

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Elemental Form
    Show

Approaches:

• Careful: +1
    • Clever: +2
    • Flashy: +3
    • Forceful: +2
    • Quick: +1
    • Sneaky: +0

Aspects
    High Concept: Hotshot Freshmen Volcanic Elemental, With More Power Than She Can Handle
    Trouble: "He May Be A Monster, But He's Still My Brother!"

As Cool As She Is Hot: Nova is cool under fire, and lacks the fiery temperament normally associated with her element. She's also quite physically attractive, and knows how to cut loose when the situation calls for it, even if it sometimes comes back to bite her.

Stunts
    To Hot To Handle: Nova's Lava form burns so hot it scalds those who venture too near. Whenever she succeeds with style on a Flashy defense against a melee opponent while in magma mode, she may cause a 2-shift hit to the attacker instead of gaining a boost.

Spoiler: Power Facts
    Show

Current Powers:

• Magma Generation: Lara is a Volcano Elemental, and as such, can expel molten rock from her body at will. Her magma is hot enough to melt steel.

• Magma Manipulation: Lara can manipulate molten rock, both that generated from her own powers, and pre-existing magma/lava from the enviroment. She can move and shape it to her will, or allow it to cool and solidify.

• Heat Resistance: Lara is able to withstand the extreme temperatures of molten rock without the risk of burning herself, and is likewise unaffected by similar extreme temperatures.

• Partial Elemental Transformation: Lara is a very high end elemental, one of the few with the capability to fully shift her body into an elemental state. She possess the ability to transform into a living mass of molten rock. However, this power has not yet fully developed. At present, she can only shift part of her body, typically her arms, though only with difficulty. Magma limbs possess the ability to shapeshift into crude weapons, as well as extend a considerable distance, in addition to possessing the physical properties of molten rock.

Weaknesses
    Water and Ice based powers can flash-cool her magma, solidifying it into rock, and potentially shorting out her powers temporarily.

Show

Lara is a second generation Super, born in the suburbs just outside Boston. Her Parents both possessed superhuman abilities, though they were hardly anything impressive. Her father can fly, but only in the direction of true north. Similarly, her mother possesses superhuman strength, but only while asleep. While these abilities are certainly interesting, they were ill suited to any sort of crime fighting. However, that was not the case with Lara, or her older brother Felix.

Felix and Lara were close, even from a young age. Though separated by a 5 year age gap, the siblings were practically inseparable as playmates. Both were also avid fans of superheros, and spent many a long afternoon trying to figure out if they had inherited any sort of super genetics from their parents. Felix was something of an early bloomer. While either of the kids would have been happy with even a minor power, Felix got lucky and displayed a power to create and control diamonds. While Lara might have been a bit envious, she was thrilled at seeing her brother blasting out stream's of gemstones, and even more excited when he was accepted to West Private University. She was so certain her big brother would pass with flying colors.

During Felix's years at the University, Lara's own powers developed. Like her brother, she turned out to be an elemental. Admittedly, her manifestation was a bit less...dignified...than most. It certainly came as quite a shock, when she went to pop a zit on her forehead and a splatter of molten rock popped out and melted a hole in her bedroom mirror before setting the carpet on fire. Fortunatly, she turned out to be able to generate magma from her body, rather than just from her pores. Lara was on her own track to superhero status.

Whenever Felix came home for a visit between semesters, he'd share what he learned at the university with Lara, helping her to develop her own abilities so she'd have a leg-up when it came time for her to head of to school. It was a great time in the Mires household, and it was a shame the good times couldn't last forever.

The details surrounding the event were never especially clear. Most of what is known is based on a hodgepodge of second hand stories and speculation. From what can be gathered, it seems that a group of senior students at West Private University found out that they weren't among the top ten graduating students, and as such, were ineligable for a future as a superhero.

Imagine how that must have felt, spending countless hours of hard work, years of your life chasing a dream, only to reach the finish line and be told that you just didn't make the cut. It'd be enough to make even the best of us crack. A group of students went rogue, disappearing from the school late one evening. Teachers were dispatched, along with several local hero's, to track down and recover the wayward students. And among the missing seniors, was Lara's older brother.

While the details proceeding the event are foggy at best, what followed is a matter of public knowledge. The Rogue students quickly became violent, refusing to submit to their ex-teachers, and attacking anyone who attempted to stop them. Soon, they turned their abilities to criminal ends. Dozens were killed, and hundreds more were injured. All that was just a drop in the bucket though.

On May 14th, the rouge students were cornered inside the South Banks Nuclear Power Plant. In the battle between the students and the hero's send to apprehend them, Felix's diamonds pierced the plants reactor, triggering a catastrophic melt down. The explosion leveled much of the building, and irradiated several dozen square miles of land, including a nearby town. Even today, many of the survivors are battling the symptoms of radiation poisoning.

Of the eight students who went rogue, four were captured. Two more were found less than a week later, dead from their injuries. The remaining two havn't been seen since, and are presumed dead now, at it is into this catagory that Felix belongs.

The entire incident was like a nightmare for Lara, one that she couldn't seem to wake up from. Much as it pained her, she came to accept that her brother was indeed responsible for the tragedy that had unfolded. And while she struggles to move past it, deep down, she still hopes that he's out there somewhere, and might one day come back. That the two of them can once again be brother and sister.

That was two years ago, and life has gone on. Lara continued to develop her abilities on her own, waiting for the day she'd be heading off to West Private University, and a better path towards her future than the one that her brother had followed.

Last edited by NineOfSpades; 2014-08-20 at 08:34 AM.
    High Reverend of the Church of the Dodecahedron

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Lara, obviously you have to get an NPC for room mate. So tell me-What's her name, what does she look like, and why does she rub you the wrong way? Don't state what her power is-all your room mates are HCP, but I will decide what the powers are for NPCs.
    You mean Ashlee? URG she is just the WORST! She's this shallow, blond, airhead vallygirl. Never had to work a day in her life, just riding along on 'mommy and daddys' money. I mean Hell, it'd be one thing if she was just a ditzy bimbo. I could probably tolerate that. But its EVERYTHING. The All-pink wardrobe thats jus 'SooooOOOooo Cute'. Or the fact she can't seem to go thirty seconds without checking her cell phone or updating her blogs. Yes, you heard right. Blogs, as in, more-than-one. I tried reading one of them, and I got about half a paragraph in before I wanted to shoot myself just to end the pain. Its a freaking miracle, a probabilistic impossibility! No correctly spelled words, no punctuation, and syntaxt that was just sprayed haphazardly all over the page. I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked a link to 'My Totally Top 10 Scandalous Selfies', but you would think at least ONE FREAKING SENTENCE would, PURELY BY CHANCE, manage to not make a mockery of the English language.

Fair warning to everyone in the girls dorm, its only a matter of time before I dump gasoline all over our dorm room and walk away as the fire's save western civilization from whatever future harm Ashlee's continued existence will do to it.
    High Reverend of the Church of the Dodecahedron

8. - Top - End - #8

Kobold

Yeah. When Matt asked you "when did you develop your powers?" How did you respond?

*Note, he said his developed when he was 13. And they apparently have nothing to do with his muscles, but he doesn't want to give any more hints, just in case you two need to fight tomorrow.
    "Uh...hard to say. We don't have a calendar in the van. Could have been two weeks ago for all I know." and then he would laugh awkwardly.

"Seriously, though, it was a while back. A few years, probably. I'm here on some weird government program to register the potentially potent inner city kids before they go rogue." (The truth or falsehood of this statement is up to you, but it's the best explanation I have. xD)

9. - Top - End - #9

Kobold

Isaac Chapel

High Concept: Isaac Chapel, The First Artificial Super and genuinely nice guy.

Trouble: I need to keep the Ex-human thing on the Downlow, ya know what I mean?

Appearance :
    Spoiler
    Show

Aspect: I don't even know how any of this works yet...
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a double-edged sword. It refers to both his newly acquired nanobuddies, and his general confusion at the situation he now finds himself in. Use it for both, brotha. ;D

Stunt: Rapid Healing: Because the nanobots regulate my metabolism and augment my natural healing, I can spend a fate point to downgrade one consequence. (ie, moderate to mild or severe to moderate.)
    Spoiler
    Show

It was either this or focusing on his pickpocketing skills. I'll add the other one in as a stunt further down the line.

Approaches:
    Careful: 0
    Clever: 2
    Flashy: 2
    Forceful: 1
    Quick: 1
    Stealthy: 3

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Isaac Chapel is a street kid.

Homeless since he was very young, Isaac eventually fell in with a group of other street kids. They became a sort of family. As they all got older, Isaac eventually became somewhat of a father figure to the younger ones. "Priest," as they called him, was a nice guy. He tried to work odd jobs as much as he could to make sure his adopted family had food to eat. Eventually they pooled enough money to buy an old van that they parked in their little alley and lived out of. It was more waterproof than a cardboard box, and easier to fit everyone into. On top of that, they didn't have to pay rent. They owned it. It was theirs. They couldn't drive it around, but that was fine. They got pretty good money for the tires and the radio.

Isaac learned how to read by going to some free reading lessons at a local library. He did his best to share his knowledge with the younger kids, and used what he was learning to improve their station. But of course, jobs for homeless teenagers are few and far between.

When he couldn't find work, he made his living via petty theft. Pickpocketing, scams, etc. Nothing major, just enough to get by when the begging money wasn't turning out. Sometimes, you could get a lot of money all at once by nabbing a briefcase and hoping it had something nice in it. Usually there was a wallet full of cash, or a few nice trinkets, or you could sell the briefcase itself and get a few dollars for dinner. If Isaac saw an opportunity to nab one, and his family was starving, he would grab it.

Isaac probably should have been more careful about the man with the pinstripe suit. He had looked like trouble. Looked like he was waiting for someone. But his briefcase looked so very unattended, and even more expensive. Isaac managed to grab it and run, sprinting around the corner as the man started to yell. Isaac pinwheeled around the corner and pulled a trashbag from his pocket, slipping it over his head and squatting down beside the dumpster. Nobody checks to see if someone is hiding in a garbage bag. Nobody. After a few minutes, the man seemed to give up. Isaac made for the alley next to the pawn shop. He had to see what was inside before he went in to sell it, otherwise he couldn't bargain right.

While examining his loot, Isaac found a strange canister. Looked like some kind of breath spray, wrapped carefully with foam. Well...All this fuss for some minty fresh breath? Isaac might as well see if it worked.

Curiosity murdered the feline, etc.

One quick spritz of this strange liquid, and within moments Isaac was on the ground, convulsing. The nanomachines found their way into his bloodstream and began to mutliply. They entered his brain tissue, his musculature, his bone marrow...everything.

Isaac woke up in the hospital. Apparently he had accidentally pulled the door off of a McDonald's restaurant, ordered, and went outside only to be hit by a truck. The truck was totalled. He was fine. He got out and found the Van, where his little group had been anxiously waiting for him. He told them what happened. One or two of the kids was a super, but none of them were particularly good powers. They talked it out for a while. Isaac was seeing numbers and words flashing across his eyes, weird math and percent signs. Nothing he could understand. He felt stronger. He felt faster. The kids decided that Isaac should apply to the university for Supers. What was the worst that could happen?

Within days he was being shipped off to Super School. He wasn't supposed to actually get in. He wasn't even a real Super. This was all the doing of these machines. This system that called itself "RPM BETA."

Power Descriptions:
    Spoiler
    Show

RPM BETA is semi-intelligent, and will update its user with regard to threats, targeting options, and their own physical status.

Minor powers: increased physical capabilities. This includes muscle strength, dexterity, endurance, healing, and increased sensory accuracy.

Moderate Powers (currently locked): "Integration:" the nanomachines can interact with other electronic devices and circuitry, and can integrate that technology into Isaac's body temporarily. (For instance, they can Integrate a cell phone to make calls or broadcast information.)

Advanced Powers (locked): "Power Armor Synergy:" There is another half to the Artificial Super technology. A suit of power armor designed to work with the nanomachines. It accelerates and enhances their integrations, as well as providing increased protection. Isaac won't be able to access these higher functions until he acquires the suit. (Which remains safely guarded by the mafia.)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What i meant was it should be an npc for a little til he gets kicked out.
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-14 at 03:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Name: Rayne Floyde
    Code name: Human Laser
    Height/Weight: 6ft/170lbs

(older version but he has the same chinstrap)
    Appearances-Brown hair with blue eyes he has a long scar underneath is right eye. He is built with a good amount of muscle on him.
    Approaches:

Careful: +3
    Clever: +2
    Flashy: +2
    Forceful: +1
    Quick: +1
    Sneaky: +0

High Concept: "I'm Guardian Lazer! Well, I will be when I graduate anyway."

Trouble:
    Finding ways too not kill fellow classmates. (He will major in anatomy so he wont kill people) He doesn't want too get anyone hurt sense his power is very powerful he has too be careful how he uses it.

Aspects:
    "I wont take the easy way, Never have never will!"

"I got your back" Generally used for any friends.

Stunts
    -forceful +2 his friend(s) were threatened or made fun of. Rayne forcefully attacks opponent (person who threatened or made fun of his friend)
    -My big red lazer sounds like- gain +2 to flashy attack when using your lazer power to intimidate an opponent.
    -Rayne lets loose puts all of his power in to a laser attack +3 forceful. This creates "out of juice" simulating the need to recharge. After this attack Rayne will not attack for a turn.
    Spoiler: Power facts
    Show
    -His lasers travel from the target too his palm, when he is ready too fire a laser a read dot appears; This adds a certain amount of accuracy.
    -He may also temporarily blind his opponent with a weak laser to the eyes.
    -When he starts out he will only be able too shoot lasers to his palm. Eventually he will be able to shoot lasers from different parts of the body.
    -Down the road he will be able too make parts of his body pure red laser(his arms).
    -His laser arms will be in the form of a spike where his arm would be essentially light-sabers. Possibility that his legs can be lasers too.

Spoiler: Back story
    Show
    Rayne is country boy at heart. He is white with a good amount of muscle making him a striking figure. Rayne grew up in a small town in Florida. His family is a long line of Powered's and he is VERY protective of them(most powereds are picked on and made outcasts(which is why he likes too protect people)). He grew up alongside Kai Roman and they do not get along with each other. Kai roman was the rich boy that flounces his money around. Kai dated Rayne's sister and he broke her heart after 1 and half years of dating. Not too mention they had a few fights in there school careers. Rayne grew up with little wealth mainly because his family are powereds and cant get secured jobs. His family owned a small piece of an old style ranch (5 acres). Rayne wrestled for his high school giving him a kicking cardio and enough fighting skills to get out of a tussle with out using his powers. He is also a 3 year blue belt in jujitsu. Rayne discovered his power when his powered brother inadvertently surrounded Rayne in rock slowly suffocating him. As he was about too pass out his hand started to glow and a small palm sized hole appeared through the ceiling (and rock) later he had a full breath of oxygen.
    Rayne is an avid student he makes good grades(not amazing just good), he was sent to West Private University on a 3/4 ride(for obvious reasons). Rayne had a part time job welding for a mill, he also repaired things and made contraptions for people.
    Rayne's family consists of one girl and 3 boys; and of course the parents. They are all powereds. Each of his immediate family having glowing blue irises accept for there dad. the mom passed the glowing blue irises to her kids.
    Jena Floyde-5'6 Long brown hair. When she walks by plants they randomly bloom there corresponding flowers. She is 17
    Jared Floyde-5'6 Short cropped dark brown hair. Jared generates rock randomly. he is 13
    Richard Floyde jr- 6'0 Brown hair. He randomly generates blue light. he is 24
    Richard Floyde sr- 6'0 dark brown hair with corresponding beard He has green eyes. He is one of the strongest powereds in the world but the problem is he doesn't have control of it. It is completely random. He is 51
    Annabelle Floyde- 5'7 Blonde hair. Permanent blue irises that are passed to her offspring and there offspring and so on. she is 45
    Out of combat Rayne has naturally glowing blue irises like the rest of his family he can block the glow with contact lenses.

Spoiler: Tactics
    Show
    Tactics(some of these are potential stunts)
    -Up close and personal= Rayne gets close to his opponent places his hand on an opponents body and releases a quarter sized laser blast through his opponents arm or other non lethal area.
    -Box him in= He shoots several lasers getting his opponent right where he wants them to be.
    -My BIG red laser= Rayne turns up the strength of his laser scaring the sh*t out of his opponent(s).Not too mention letting his enemy(s) know his ability.
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-09-27 at 01:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salaya View Post
    Im thinking Rayne should have someone weak that gets kicked out eventually opening his eyes to how the program works. This character would be really friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    So unless I'm misunderstanding or Salaya is plotting to kill off one of the other PCs, are we all making up roommates or are the people you didn't specify rooming with other PCs?
    Bunny is correct. Rayne, Dylan, Kai and Oliver, you need to pick room mates among yourselves. You don't get NPCs room mates. Once you've picked, make sure the other PC agrees.

if you guys don't pick by Monday, I will randomize it.

Once you've picked who it is, start thinking about how your character feels about his room mate. Perhaps it can become an Aspect? If any ideas occur to you, feel free to suggest it.

13. - Top - End - #13

I'm fine with it being randomised, though I feel I should have Dylan dibs Oliver to force Kai and Rayne to room together. How could that ever possibly go wrong? I should have decided on a (first) Aspect by Monday, anything else we need to do to prepare ourselves before then?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bunny is correct. Rayne, Dylan, Kai and Oliver, you need to pick room mates among yourselves. You don't get NPCs room mates. Once you've picked, make sure the other PC agrees.

if you guys don't pick by Monday, I will randomize it.

Once you've picked who it is, start thinking about how your character feels about his room mate. Perhaps it can become an Aspect? If any ideas occur to you, feel free to suggest it.
    I would rather not be with tyrannus right of the bat for the sake of back story. Eventually our characters will get along.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

name:Kai Roman
    code name:Techfault
    Major:physics
    Current fate points:2
    High concept: "Super Freshman,"who perceives time Differently."

Trouble:"Why can't my parents just leave me alone?"

Aspect:'I do whatever it takes', "Stay away,im poison."

Approaches:
    Careful:+2
    Clever:+3
    Flashy:+0
    Forceful:+1
    Quick:+2
    Sneaky:+1

Stunts:[I]-Deadly accuracy. When I use my Deadly Accuracy I gain a +2 to cleverly Attack at range
    -"I saw that coming ages ago"because I saw an attack coming ages ago I get +2 to cleverly defend

Spoiler: power
    Show
    Power:can slow down his own and others perception of time
    -complete muscle control is a byproduct of experiencing everything in the mind many times slower yet thinking at the same speed it gives the illusion of lightning fast thinking and reflexes/agility .its like seeing and moving in slow motion you can flex every individual muscle because you have time to actually concentrate on it
    -dead-shot accuracy- a byproduct of complete muscle control
    -fast researching/reading-self explanatory
    -immunity to mental tampering-kai's mind just doesn't work on the same frequencies when he is using his power
    -awareness-you stare at a wall for the equivalent of 20 mins and tell me you don't know all the fascinating details about that wall!!!
    -projection of power onto others,this will improve over the years

Spoiler: appearance
    Show
    appearance:
    gender-male
    Height-6ft
    Weight-163lb
    age-19
    Description-short cropped black hair,deeply tanned,toned and fit but not overly muscular,
    Sports a goatee,and is very proper in language and attire with no distinctive accent.when he uses his power his irises change from their original chocolate brown to a radiant black.

Spoiler: backround
    Show
    Background:Kai roman comes from a wealthy Family with no known previous powers in his immediate family, and by most considered spoiled.his family gained their wealth through basically monopolizing gas in his town. Kai likes to keep his thoughts to himself but is well known for his bragging.he often comes of as affluent and dickish and sometimes is. kai has history in jujitsu but prefers to fight dirty eye gouging throat punches ect. he's not afraid to flaunt his money at party's and through his property cars clothes ect. Kai likes to be in control and this has created massive problems between him and his parents who he calls "control freaks".Kia wants to be his own man and show to himself and others that he has what it takes to succeed past his own and others standards which is what at first drives him to join the hcp. kai's parents intially were completely against his becoming a "hero" but upon seeing that he was unrelenting in this latest test of wills conceded under the thought that his power was not strong enough. little did they know he had not informed them of the many aspects of his power. later upon hearing from a reliable source AKA (his cousin Anders) a senior in the hcp,that he was in fact not failing,they actively try to interfere,such as cutting off funds ect. kai has history with Rayne Floyd or more importantly his sister, 6 months prior to his joining of the hcp. kai was dating/wooing Raynes sister jena and had been doing so for more than a year but his parents did not know,and when they found out more or less blackmailed him with threats of how they could ruin her and her familys reputation/job,they deemed her an ill fit for their prestigious son.so when out of the blue he broke up with jena and broke her heart ,Rayne who had never really liked kai to begin with started to outright hate him.

Anders and kai when they were younger, due more to the presence of their parents whenever they saw each other(thanksgiving and sometimes other holidays.)were always cordial and polite never really getting to know each other.That is up until the previous thanksgiving when kai stormed out of his house from one argument or another with his parents,Anders went after him with a case of beer.They talked for hours anders being someone kai could finally open up to,this is were anders who was admittedly pretty drunk told kai that he was in the hcp.This sparked the beginning of an idea which bloomed and grew.
    Last edited by tyranus; 2014-08-29 at 02:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bunny i was thinking how is your power activated? Is it by eye contact? Is it pheromone based? Or is it more like a telepath? didn't realize it yet but your power is really OP considering how it works. Are you a version of Rich Weaver?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with it being randomised, though I feel I should have Dylan dibs Oliver to force Kai and Rayne to room together. How could that ever possibly go wrong? I should have decided on a (first) Aspect by Monday, anything else we need to do to prepare ourselves before then?
    I would rather not be with tyrannus right of the bat for the sake of back story. Eventually our characters will get along.
    Very well then. Dylan your room mates with Kai Roman. Oliver your room mates with Rayne.

Think about how your first night as roomates. Did it go well? Did you rub each other the wrong way? What do you guys have in common?

Using these, think are there any potential relationship aspects here? Like, "I've got your back Dylan." Or "Rayne needs to slip up just once, then I've got him!"

Just suggestions. See you Monday guys.

18. - Top - End - #18

Daemon

i feel that kai's immunity to mental tampering when using his power should unsettle dylan a bit, what do you think bunny"?

and they both have "dominant" personality's which i believe would clash a bit, but they have similar backgrounds both being wealthy and both have parents that hold them emotionally at arms length.
    Last edited by tyranus; 2014-08-14 at 06:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Accidentally lost what I first wrote, I hate when that happens.

Bunny i was thinking how is your power activated? Is it by eye contact? Is it pheromone based? Or is it more like a telepath? didn't realize it yet but your power is really OP considering how it works. Are you a version of Rich Weaver?
    Telepathy based, wasn't planning on having it requiring eye contact and the only similarity with Rich's power and his is that they both affect the mind I guess. Rich just straight up seems to be able to lock people in their own minds, whereas Dylan fiddles with urges/motivations. If he was trying to push his power it'd probably involve sapping someone of all motivation to do anything, but as we're playing FAE it's a power about as OP as everyone else's!

The above is what he'd have to resort to if actually in a fight, either lethargy or trying to drain them of their motivation to fight. But with lasers, lava, jumping nanobricks, a telekinetic and someone immune to his powers half the time? I think he'll be sticking to mostly non-combative uses for his power.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranus View Post
    i feel that kai's immunity to mental tampering when using his power should unsettle dylan a bit, what do you think bunny"?

The immunity probably wouldn't even be something he would notice at first, unless he were trying to use his power on Kai while Kai had his active. I guess unless they both felt like showing each other their powers the night they first met, and then it depends. I'm wondering if our lovely GM will let Dylan have a low-grade ability to passively sense other minds and where they are roughly, and maybe if someone is particularly motivated to do a specific act he'd pick up on that, without having to actively use his power to see? He'd work out that Kai was immune to his power while using his own if Kai's mind seemed to vanish while he was using it. Thoughts?

and they both have "dominant" personality's witch i believe would clash a bit, but they have similar backgrounds both being wealthy and both have parents that hold them emotionally at arms length.
    Personality wise, there might be a bit of clashing but these guys are training to be heroes. I'm sure they can be perfectly civil towards each other. Might even be friends, if they can avoid being jerks to each other.

20. - Top - End - #20

Daemon

but as we're playing FAE it's a power about as OP as everyone else's!

The immunity probably wouldn't even be something he would notice at first, unless he were trying to use his power on Kai while Kai had his active. I guess unless they both felt like showing each other their powers the night they first met, and then it depends.

Personality wise, there might be a bit of clashing but these guys are training to be heroes. I'm sure they can be perfectly civil towards each other. Might even be friends, if they can avoid being jerks to each other.
    thats what i told him! lol
    true
    and i agree
    Last edited by tyranus; 2014-08-14 at 06:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Olliver and Rayne would get along. Rayne would understand his personality, and be able too (slightly) push him to be social.

22. - Top - End - #22

SwashbucklerGuy

Oliver "Ghost" Wilhelmsen
    High Concept: Timid Telekinetic Book Worm
    Trouble: Don't make the scrawny freshman angry...
    Aspect: It's like he's not even there...

Approaches
    Careful +3
    Forceful +2
    Sneaky +2
    Clever +1
    Quick +1
    Flashy +0

Stunts
    Poltergeist - You really shouldn't make me angry, because I get a +2 when I Forcefully Attack using Telekinesis, but only when I have an aspect representing me being scared or angry. These events will manifest with very little direct control, but do reflect my desires (in terms of targets and harm).

HOLY SH*T! - Because you have to catch me first, I gain a +2 to Quickly Defend, Resist, or Overcome when running away or diving for cover would make a difference.

Easily Ignored- Once per scene, I can un-noticeable while in plain sight by spending a fate point, due to just blending into the background in a social setting. This places the "in the Background" boost on me. While I'm un-noticeable, no one can attack or create an advantage on me until after they’ve succeeded at an overcome roll to suss out where I went (basically meaning they have to give up an exchange to try). This aspect goes away as soon as I invoke it, or someone makes that overcome roll.

Show
    • Scrawny black kid with glasses.
    • From rural Louisiana, poor family.
    • Did well in school, but frequently bullied.
    • Kicked out when he put his abusive dad in the ICU after a severe beating
    • Taken in by Reverend Emile Jackson. The two have stayed close over the years. Oli considers him family.
    • The Rev helped him get into White Castle high school for Super teens.
    • He continued to be bullied, I particular by Alex "Woofer" Schraeder, a Super with powerful sonic powers. Frustratingly, Alex was accepted to University with him. Situations between the two have escalated more than once, back in high school, resulting in significant collateral damage each time. There have been no incidents yet at university, but only because Oli has been trying to avoid him from day one.
    Last edited by Razorstorm; 2014-08-28 at 11:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    The Rev helped him get into White Castle high school for Super teens.
    Oliver and Reverend go to White Castle?

(hur hur hur hur I'm dumb)

---------------

Additional Notes that I'm adding because I can:

Isaac uses weird slang invented by his streetkid family. I am listing a brief rundown of some of the words he will likely be using over the course of the RP:
    Spoiler
    Show

His "Jeesh": his family back at the van.
    Rabbits: The youngest members of the Jeesh.
    Bees: Members of the Jeesh that are old enough to work, and do so.
    Mama: The eldest female in the Jeesh and/or matriarchal leader. (Currently Sweetpea)
    Papa: The eldest male in the Jeesh and/or patriarchal leader. (Formerly Isaac.)
    "Bread Run": Any trip involving petty crime to get enough money for food.
    Rahmen: People that can be trusted. (Used: "Bill is Rahmen. We get bread from him and he likes us.)
    Pokes: People that cannot be trusted. (Used: "Ricky is a Poke. Don't buy anything from him.)
    Blues: Cops
    Whistling/A whistler: Unaware of their surroundings, not paying attention, distracted, an easy mark.
    Food House: The local soup kitchen.
    Varelse: The Boogeyman. The most dangerous individuals that the Jeesh knows about. Usually violent, insane, or both. May refer to some local criminals with powers.

I might add more. So if Isaac uses a word that you don't understand, I will probably add what he means to this list. If I don't, just point it out and I'll add it in. (Most should be fairly obvious through context clues, but some won't be.)

----------
    Members of the Jeesh
    (Those listed without a last name don't have a known last name.)

Mama: Sarah Jones ("Sweetpea")
    Papa: Formerly Isaac Chapel ("Priest"). Currently Steven Masters ("Fly")
    Bees:
    Thomas Masters ("Crazy Tom")
    Lisa ("Sticky")
    Ben Smith ("Bam")
    Rabbits:
    Leti ("Lettuce")
    Rosa ("Widget")
    Joey ("The Bean")
    Last edited by ImNotTrevor; 2014-08-15 at 11:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

So while we're all waiting 'til Monday, I have a question! Assuming this Uni uses the same trial-by-combat the main story one uses, what does everyone think their character's ranking is going to end up being after the fights are over? - Dylan for instance would probably end up in the bottom five, unless he gets lucky with his opponent not being someone who smashes faces. I guess it is fairly dependent on what other powers people have in the year, though.
    Last edited by Bunny of Faith; 2014-08-15 at 06:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So while we're all waiting 'til Monday, I have a question! Assuming this Uni uses the same trial-by-combat the main story one uses, what does everyone think their character's ranking is going to end up being after the fights are over? - Dylan for instance would probably end up in the bottom five, unless he gets lucky with his opponent not being someone who smashes faces. I guess it is fairly dependant on what other powers people have in the year, though.
    Rayne would probably get top 10.

26. - Top - End - #26

SwashbucklerGuy

Not really sure. It depends heavily on whether or not Oliver gets riled up or not. In a toe-to-toe fight he'd definitely struggle. I could definitely see something where he gets beat down hard, and then comes back swinging. But then it's a question of if it's enough, and also he certainly can't guarantee it happening.

27. - Top - End - #27

SwashbucklerGuy

Tradition

I think the school needs a very formal Homecoming dance. But the difference is that Alumni receive a blanket invitation as well, so you get seasoned heroes coming back for the swanky event, rubbing elbows with the newbs.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tradition

I think the school needs a very formal Homecoming dance. But the difference is that Alumni receive a blanket invitation as well, so you get seasoned heroes coming back for the swanky event, rubbing elbows with the newbs.
    Adding alumni would probably not work out right. Cause Heroes are ALWAYS busy. It would be interesting but that would probably cross actual canon(that hasn't been made yet).

29. - Top - End - #29

Tradition

Adding alumni would probably not work out right. Cause Heroes are ALWAYS busy. It would be interesting but that would probably cross actual canon(that hasn't been made yet).
    To be fair, there's nothing to stop the University from sending out invites to the Alumni. I agree with Salaya on the front that them attending would be fairly unlikely though, but there might potentially still be a few who would end up coming? In my head it'd be the older generation of heroes who attend as opposed to any who have more recently graduated, though we can see what the DM says.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What really sucks(off topic) is that my school starts Tuesday +_+
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-15 at 06:26 PM.