New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: A Storm of Blood - IC Thread

Drakesgrave Manor Keep, North Hall

Gallus smiled at his brother, "Thank you, I'll do my best, come Ser Watt, let us find some more men." He estimated about ten knights, five archers, plus Joen, Ser Watt, and himself, should be enough to handle most threats. "Thank you for volunteering Ser Watt, I would appreciate your advice on this matter, I fear I have little practical experience and want to return everyone safely if at all possible." He admitted to the knight once they were away from his brother, ever trying to put on a confident front to his family.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Watt returned Wil's smile readily, aware of his little fumble with his words but knowing that he is among friends.

"I'm afraid I'm not much known for tactics, but given what I've seen in years past? Take a mix with us. Some Manticores, some Bloodstorm, maybe a few from the garrison." The significantly taller of the pair speaks, following at Gallus' heels. It takes a slowing of his natural rhythm, but he manages to keep a steady distance from the Lord's son even with a far greater gait. "If you've got no archers, they'll try to pick you off from a distance. If you're all archers, they'll close on you and cut you to pieces. Better to have some of both if you ask me."

"For the rest of it? Make sure the men keep good watch and listen to the local guides. We'll have the advantage in a straight fight, and they'll probably know that. They've gotten as far as they have by sneaking up on folk, hitting quickly and melting away again. If I were them I'd try to take us when we were sleeping or to lure us into an ambush. So keep on the case of the men on watch so they don't start playing dice on their shifts and listen to Joen if he says there's this helpful cliff just where the bandits are running away to. Might be the rest of them are waiting up on top of it with bows drawn."
    Insanity is checking the IC twice and expecting a different result.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gallus waited as the big man spoke, nodding and making note to reinforce his advice about watches and the like, "Yes, I was planning on a mix, ten Bloodsworn, 5 Golden Manticores, Joen to guide us, and the two of us. I assume that can deal with most threats we might face in the mountains, unless there's an army up there and we stumble into the middle of them?" He wasn't sure. Truely this should be Trimmack leading the men while he poured over books and ledgers.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Whether Trimmack should have been consigned to leading a grim garrison up the goat paths, or whether he should be better used preparing for the big tournament event, the fates were settled between them. Gallus' reputation in the House, deserved or otherwise, as a True Knight, made him the natural choice, and Trimmack's destiny as the heir made running affairs of the estate a natural choice. The heir looked up at his brother, and at Ser Watt as they moved out of earshot. For a moment, he thought the lowered tones and whispered voices might indicate some sort of intrigue taking place, but he brushed that suspicion from his mind.

No, those two were as honorable as any that could be found. If he would fear them, then he would fear everyone, and he couldn't allow himself to fall to paranoia.

5. - Top - End - #35

"I doubt it's an army, assuming the trouble makers are just bandits. Most like they're a band of criminals or dispossessed folk who came together. Probably under one of the nastier or faster talking of their type. If that's the case we'll have every advantage except the lay of the land, and I'd guess it's as I've said. Only way I'd see it being an 'army', or even a proper company of men, would be if the Dornish lords were sending their folk out to raid just to draw us out to capture us, or rather, capture you. That... seems unlikely."

The big man shrugs, aware that he spoke from ignorance and throwing a half querying look to his commander to acknowledge that.
    Last edited by Mr Stereo1; 2014-08-28 at 04:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Gallus took a moment to pass on his orders, that he'd need 10 Bloodstorm Knights and 5 Golden Manticores, along with Joen, himself, and Ser Watt, to hunt down the Bandits in the peakside region beyond the Drakesgrave Estate.

It left himself and Watt with a moment to make a final plans before they split up to prepare for their journey.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Gallus watched the man go off to pass out his orders to the men to prepare for their mission, before turning to the large man beside him, "Ser Watt, If you would be so kind as to ask the stablemaster and quarter master to ready the supplies we will need I will meet with Jeon to discuss our plans for the search and then grab my own arms." He said, giving the man a pat on the elbow before looking for their guide, he wanted to see how viable it would be to wander right into the mountains, the bandits might be watching the community and a band of the lords men would put them on their guard, better they remain ignorant as long as possible.

8. - Top - End - #38

"I can see to the supplies easy enough, but it might be best to leave organising the mounts to the knights themselves once you've pick 'em out. It'd be a hell of a job to get every horse any Bloodstorm might want to take with 'im ready, for only ten of the animals to actually go. A lot of 'em have squires they'll want to ready their mounts for 'em too." Watt shrugs, looking casually to his commander. "I can tell the stable master to get mounts ready for us if we're in a rush, but if we've the time it's probably best to let the knights take an hour or two to get things how they like them, way I figure it."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

With Watt's sage advice duly passed on, the impromptu planning session seemed to draw to a close.

Drakesgrave Manor, Courtyard

Jeon was taking care of his horse in the courtyard, after having exchanged some brief words with some of the guardsmen who seemed interested in how long the uncouth freerider was planning on sticking around in the hallowed manor. Jeon seemed relieved with Gallus arrived to give some legitimacy to his own loitering.