New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legacy of Fire

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Legacy of Fire

The man now chuckles, sounding almost like a gnoll himself. "Pugwampis make fire from the outside, they wouldn't dare go anywhere where they can be cut off, especailyl not small spaces. I'm sure there will be plenty of tracks of them around here. Come to think of it, I'll better look for some." With that, he spits and makes his way to the edge of the camp, pretending you aren't there with him anymore.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    In the village where the heroes came from, with a kobold attack.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well-well... just making sure any tracks you find were there before you found them..." young witch, remembering her childhood, follows the gnoll expert, sliding from cover to cover.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+6)[16]
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Ink sighs and gives up, she clearly was no goat tracker. Maybe the critter would return home after he got hungry, or someone else from the camp could track. She walks back towards the camp, towards the burned burned wagon. Excepting the others to be there.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

It is getting dark by now, but the gnoll expert seems to have eyes used to the dark, because he soon chuckles and follows a train going north. Anyone following him can now clearly see something has been passing - there is disturbed grass if you look closely, and at one point an almost completely burned harrow card.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you just gonna walk off into the dark?" Hajrai question, her expression perplexed. "We should probably let Miss Almah or Garavel know that this is happening..."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

"No time for that", Khima declares, "I need to see where's he going..." she stops to pick up a card, "though I'll be grateful if you'll fetch a crossbow from my bag. Just in case."

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Garavel has noticed the gnoll expert leaving. "Is he just moping, or onto something?" he wants to know. "If he is up to something, you better had him followed."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Al'Khadim walked over just in time to hear Garavel's order. "Well, he isn't one I've cleared of suspicion. May as well." He started to follow the gnoll expert.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2014-09-13 at 07:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

"Well I guess that is that, let us go, tallyho and them beans!" Hajrai proudly declared as she strutted after the gang.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The hunt soon leads into the rugged hills, and it is now almost completely dark, save for a few stars twinkling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will need a light source unless you have darkvision/low light vision, and I'll need perception checks in any case

Dashki, who has now noticing he is being followed, waits up ahead. He doesn't seem to need a light source.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hm, no way I'll find anything i this darkness..." Khima complains quietly, before muttering several cryptic words. Four bright silvery dots come alight in the air in front of her and dash forward, keeping about 50 feet ahead. "Much better."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dancing lights, recasting every minute as needed (I love PF cantrips :-)
    Last edited by jamieth; 2014-09-18 at 07:40 AM.

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

She was glad she found the others, but not so glad to stalking about in the darkness. When Khima made light Ink frowned for a moment, wondering if the light wasn't too obvious. Still she kept quiet and followed the group, being the last person in line, partly due the fact she still drags around the poor mule, who at this point wasn't really up for anymore walking. Still he allowed Ink to drag him around.

Ink's uneasiness translated back to Sting, who decided to shift out tattoo form and takes a look out for anything behind them. He does try to hide under the clothes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Ink's Perception: (1d20+2)[6]
    Sting's Perception: (1d20+4)[24]; Dark vision
    Sting's Stealth: (1d20+15)[23]
    Mule's Perception: (1d20+5)[6]; Low-light Vision and Scent (+8 perception within scent range).

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Hajrai

"Oooh...that is a cool spell heheh,"
    Hajrai said to Khima with a grin and gave her a thumbs up. She then squinted around trying to be as observant as she could, surely nothing would get past her.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Perception [roll]1d20-1[/roll]
    Omgosh...ugh...fudged up my roll like a dork...gonna roll it in the OOC

EDIT: A whopping 5. She must be distracted by those Dancing Lights or something
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-09-18 at 11:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

"Smokey here's pretty resouceful like that", Khima replied, stroking a cat who surfaced from the folds of her dress upon hearing his name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since I forgot the Perception, here it is: (1d20+1)[7]
    And Smokey's perception: (1d20+5)[20] with low-light vision

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    (1d20)[10]

Al'Khadim silently admired the dancing lights. He tried to keep his eyes looking about, but was focused not only on the lights, but the gnoll expert.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2014-09-18 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't see anything suspicious; still there is an uneasiness settling over you, much as if there is an attack imminent. Dashki seems to feel nothing, instead points to trails of small hoofs that look like there has been a bit of a struggle. "I think that's the midding goat the camel drivers whine on about, didn't go willingly." Just as he points his out, you hear a faint and fearful cry from further inside the bushland, and you keep following Dashki, it is soon clear it is a goat crying out in pain.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Instant guilt flushes over Ink, hoping the goat wasn't hurt because she neglected to find it. She forgets her place and steps forwards, towards the sound of the goat.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no, a poor defenseless animal!" Captain Obvious cried out as she quickened her pace as well in the direction of the goat crying.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Al'Khadim pulled his scimitar free. "Maybe some goat would pick up the caravan's morale after this day. If the animal can't travel." There was no cruelty in his words, he was expecting to find the goat unable to carry on, in which case its best use to them would be as food.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not necessarily. From the look of it, the people aren't exactly starving here, and I don't think some meat would do better to lift the morale than the demonstration that we care about our own here." Khima steps forward, directing the ghostly lights towards the animal.

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Al'Khadim offered a light chuckle. "Perhaps that is so."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The goat's cries come from within a forest of cacti of different sizes - most are at least halfling height, many reach above the size of an elf. There are ways through it, but it is clear you have to move carefully. Dashki moves in ahead, but is soon lost to view - if accidentally or if he doesn't want to be seen isn't clear.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Hajrai was the opposite of nimble and graceful, she knew she was not going to be able to move between the cacti forest with ease. She drew out her scimitar and began slicing a path!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Khima was almost ready to take a risk - she had to navigate worse back home - but if one of her companions was willing to clear a safe path... she surely wasn't going to say no.

Extended signature

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Al'Khadim likewise followed Hajrai's lead. He called out to the gnoll expert. "Is everything all right?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

The cactus forest, though very wide, is not so terribly deep. It still takes a bit to get through. There is no reply from Dashki.

(dex checks)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Ink looks suspiciously at the cacti, not trusting them to stand still. She would hate to run in one face first.

Spoiler: Dexterity Check
    Show
    (1d20+2)[10]

___

Old PF Initiative Build

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Khyma followed the trail with remarkable confidence; during her days on the streets - and rooftops - of Korvosa, she had to navigate much worse... except it was quite some time ago, and it appeared the woman was decidedly out of shape...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check: (1d20+3)[5]
    Last edited by jamieth; 2014-10-10 at 11:34 AM.

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Hajrai continued to hack and slash but still tried to be careful as not to bump into cacti on her side.

dex check (1d20+1)[21]

sweet, natural 20
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-10-10 at 11:45 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Al'Khadim followed behind as well, trying to be careful of his movements.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d20+2)[19]