New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Banned

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

So I made part of a thing, but am too depressed to finish it. Even if I ever do, I may be collecting my next award posthumously.

Dammit it hurts to live.

But I guess I have a vague idea what it'll do, so maybe... maybe...

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    So I made part of a thing, but am too depressed to finish it. Even if I ever do, I may be collecting my next award posthumously.

Dammit it hurts to live.

But I guess I have a vague idea what it'll do, so maybe... maybe...
    Seek help.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #843
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Seek help.
    Yeah... I am...

*Sneaks off and finishes class.*

Thoughts? Please like it. >.>

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Well I posted a class. I'm not sure it fits the theme well enough, and I intend to work on another... 2 or 3 classes in this theme, so if people think it doesn't fit (especially Temotei) I have a lot of time to replace it, and I'm fairly sure the others would fit the theme more traditionally.

Spoiler: Other Ideas
    Show
    Class for having a planar spirit placed in your soul and drawing energy from the tension between it and your mortal soul, with the requirement that you remain a different alignment than it or else you can no longer progress in the class, have to take a new PrC and cannot act in ways that are out of that alignment without making a Wisdom or Charisma check.

Or Ascetic: Definitely Supernatural monk-like class/monk fix. All about finding inner balance through self-discipline and exploiting it for fabulous power. Gains ability to take Vow of X feats without being Good and in fact gains Sacred Vow and 4(?) Vows as bonus feats. Would have to look at Evil vows from DotU.

3rd is a class fluff wise descended from a dead god of death whose job is to maintain the balance between Life, Death, and Undeath.

And I hope you do find some help Jorm.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

I trust in you jormengad
    Takes a level in priest and choose as a god jormengad.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

Ypu heard the noob, Jorm. We like your work. I'm pretty sure we like you, too (i do, anyway :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground

The balance monk is a big WIP. Even the name. I wanted to name him whatever you would call a practitioner of Tai Chi, but... it seems they're called "practitioners of Tai Chi." Anybody have a better suggestion?Hang in there, Jorm.
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2016-02-04 at 08:48 PM.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    The balance monk is a big WIP. Even the name. I wanted to name him whatever you would call a practitioner of Tai Chi, but... it seems they're called "practitioners of Tai Chi." Anybody have a better suggestion?
    I just don't even know if mine is appropriate for the theme, or if I should go with one of my other concepts (one of which is a monk... I expect monks in this contest).

As for name suggestions: Boundless Monk, Supreme (and/or Ultimate) Monk, Seeker of the Ultimate, Seeker/Follower of the Source, Yinyang Monk, Zenith Monk, Oneness Monk, Seeker of Oneness? I attacked wiki for a few moments.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-04 at 08:52 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I just don't even know if mine is appropriate for the theme, or if I should go with one of my other concepts (one of which is a monk... I expect monks in this contest).

As for name suggestions: Boundless Monk, Supreme (and/or Ultimate) Monk, Seeker of the Ultimate, Seeker/Follower of the Source, Yinyang Monk, Zenith Monk, Oneness Monk, Seeker of Oneness? I attacked wiki for a few moments.
    I think I like "Yinyang Monk" the best of those. I'm really looking for something that conveys harmony and balance, or development of both mind and body.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Nod, get treat.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Banned

Zay, the tag for a psi-like ability is (Ps), not (Psi).

11. - Top - End - #851

So the balance monk is now the harmonious monk (still open to suggestions for better name) and more or less done, I just need to establish prerequisites for the vast array of feats so he doesn't get the amazing stuff too early. Also, the idea behind the three types is that mid and high level Quan feats will require a few low level Quan feats, mid and high level Chi feats will require a few low level Chi feats, and Harmonious feats will require both Quan and Chi feats and will be more powerful generally, so the former balance monk must maintain balance in his build to get the most powerful abilities.

Suggestions also always welcome.

Nod, get treat.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Tai chi hero?(I am really bad at choosing movie names for dnd classes)

13. - Top - End - #853

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Tai chi hero?(I am really bad at choosing movie names for dnd classes)
    In this case, I don't think it's you. There doesn't seem to be a good name for this idea.

The Dude Who Does Tai Chi is more or less finished. There are a lot of feats, many with wonky prerequisites, but they mostly should come at reasonable levels now. PEACHes welcome.
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2016-02-08 at 05:38 PM.

Nod, get treat.

14. - Top - End - #854

Does scary caster do anything mechanically, noob? It seems like it should be giving an Intimidate bonus or maybe a minor fear aura after casting a spell or something.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

It is supposed to be an rp effect and the gm can give a circumstance bonus in some cases.
    It is mostly fluff.
    I through that there was far from enough fluff in the classes I usually do.
    Is it fitting in the balance theme?
    Do you think some stats should be tweaked(like preventing from spamming ninth level chaos spells by using an at will ability given by castings)
    Should I make tenth level chaos spells?
    Do anyone wants a default random effect table for the result 5 on a chaos surge dice.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

It is supposed to be an rp effect and the gm can give a circumstance bonus in some cases.
    It is mostly fluff.
    I through that there was far from enough fluff in the classes I usually do.

I'd actually advice against the ability as a whole, you have nothing saying the target of the chaos spell is determined randomly or even is the same as the original target (which is good for balance reasons) and so they're actually... less dangerous than a normal caster.

Is it fitting in the balance theme?
    I have the same question for mine (if it's not, I can go ahead and make Ascetic which will be a bit close to the Dude Who Uses Taichi in that they're both Monk-alts who are focused on balance).

Do you think some stats should be tweaked(like preventing from spamming ninth level chaos spells by using an at will ability given by castings)
    Level 1 increased potency is actually the best and there's no gamble in it (+0-+3) I'd advice reversing the ability so it starts with the d12-5 (net since you reduce the DC by 1) and just limiting it to 3 uses per day.

As for the specific question it's only a problem due to Chaos Shield, otherwise you're twice as likely to get stuck in a random other style... well assuming you can't get your current one and stay has a... whenever you use a sla or vestige ability (I assume the passive abilities you don't activate don't count... I mean the fire resistance some of them grants is Su does that mean I roll whenever I'd take fire damage?) has a 22% chance of ending up with Mysteries or Spells which you are liable to be out of high level. That said I'd personally make a random effect table for Invocations and Vestige abilities separately.

Should I make tenth level chaos spells?
    No.

Do anyone wants a default random effect table for the result 5 on a chaos surge dice.
    That would be for the best. I'd suggest looking at Rod of Wonder.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #857

Made some adjustments: I'm officially calling him a Dude Who Does Tai Chi (need to get to a computer that I can actually use the Find and Replace function on), and now the feats that scaled with level scale instead with the number of feats you have of the same type (there's even a feat you can take over and over again that counts as one of each type, just to scale your other feats).

I think he's more or less done. PEACHes welcome, especially if they come with glaring holes in his functionality that I should patch. I'm going for a near indestructible mobile striker that's slightly MAD, with a little stealth thrown in, and a dash of charismatic options that can be safely ignored if that's not your thing. Should probably not be better than tier 3, and I'm comfortable with 4.

Nod, get treat.

18. - Top - End - #858

If I get time this week (after finishing my goblin stuff) I'll try to look at the entries. Might take a bit.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd actually advice against the ability as a whole, you have nothing saying the target of the chaos spell is determined randomly or even is the same as the original target (which is good for balance reasons) and so they're actually... less dangerous than a normal caster.
    Well I now have changed you choose the target after the chaos spell is cast.
    (Please tell me if the chaos spells I made are too much useful or if they are useless(the latter is what I wanted but I did not wanted either to waste completely one action on six since you know you can simply play a wizard and have four extra feats and more slots))
    I have the same question for mine (if it's not, I can go ahead and make Ascetic which will be a bit close to the Dude Who Uses Taichi in that they're both Monk-alts who are focused on balance).
    Only Temotei can tell
    Level 1 increased potency is actually the best and there's no gamble in it (+0-+3) I'd advice reversing the ability so it starts with the d12-5 (net since you reduce the DC by 1) and just limiting it to 3 uses per day.
    Well using d12-5 is horrible because when a lvl3 npc adds 6 or 7 to his save dc(happens one time on six) you have a super hard time resisting at low level while at high level the saves are completely off the scales if you vaguely optimize.
    a d4-1 is less annoying at low level.
    Limiting to three uses per day is only useful for further advantaging npcs against players(a npc YACM is always at his first battle).
    In fact by taking a bunch of feats(two I believe) you can easily add 1 to the dc of all your spells so it was the reference for the power of the power.(all the other powers are only for cancelling out the fact he is unreliable by adding some reliability)
    As for the specific question it's only a problem due to Chaos Shield, otherwise you're twice as likely to get stuck in a random other style... well assuming you can't get your current one and stay has a... whenever you use a sla or vestige ability (I assume the passive abilities you don't activate don't count... I mean the fire resistance some of them grants is Su does that mean I roll whenever I'd take fire damage?) has a 22% chance of ending up with Mysteries or Spells which you are liable to be out of high level. That said I'd personally make a random effect table for Invocations and Vestige abilities separately.
    I wonder how would I make a table for mysteries or vestiges.
    That would be for the best. I'd suggest looking at Rod of Wonder.
    Well the rod of wonder table is one of the table I like the less(with the primal magic table)
    However since I am bad at tables I am going to make worse.(and I do not care because I hate the fact people always use the elements of those two tables)
    Last edited by noob; 2016-02-11 at 02:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860

Spoiler: Yet Another Chaos Mage: Full entry, grammar corrected and bolded.
    Show
    Yet another chaos mage

"You do not just cast a spell you also shatter the reality and throw around the balance of reality"

Instead of casting spells in a regular way, Yet Another Chaos Magi topple the cosmic forces of balance, then hope the scale will not fall on them.
    They study one magic but when they topple the balance of the universe to create a wall of steel they have an huge risk to become fundamentally different.

Adventures: For science or for killing people or for eating new kind of foods; in fact it can be mostly any reason, since they are not affiliated to any particular order and that people who adventure are weird

Characteristics:You can cast in an unreliable way rather than casting in an bland old way.

Alignment: They can have all the alignments, since throwing around the balance of the universe itself is not aligned.

Religion: They can have any religion, however they favor religions of luck and magic

Background: You mostly become a Yet another chaos mage by studying one of the various forms of chaos magic inside of a school or as an autodidact.

Races: Dwarves create more Yet another chaos magi than other races, partly because they have an huge population compared to more exotic races and partly because they are more resilient to the repeated explosions involved. However, anyone can want to become Yet another chaos mage or become one.

Other Classes: Most people from other classes find the Yet another chaos magi weird and find them unreliable and do not put so much trust in them.

Role: Unreliable caster for having some more fun

Adaptation: They might say that it is just like wizards except that they study special magics

GAME RULE INFORMATION
    Yet another chaos magi have the following game statistics.
    Abilities: Wisdom, Dexterity and Constitution(the last two can be swapped)
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d4
    Starting Age: As wizard.
    Starting Gold: 6d10

Class Skills
    The Yet another chaos mage's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Craft (Int), and Profession (Wis).

Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Yet another chaos mage
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Slots 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    1st
    +0
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Chaos magic, Chaos surge, Scary caster 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2nd
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Chaos shield 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    3rd
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Increased Potency 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    4th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    5th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    2 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    6th
    +3
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Counterbalancing 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
    7th
    +3
    +2
    +2
    +5
    2 2 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
    8th
    +4
    +2
    +2
    +6
    2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0
    9th
    +4
    +3
    +3
    +6
    Increased Potency 2 2 2 2 2 1 0 0 0 0
    10th
    +5
    +3
    +3
    +7
    2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0
    11th
    +5
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Messing up with magic 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 0 0 0
    12th
    +6/+1
    +4
    +4
    +8
    Increased potency 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0
    13th
    +6/+1
    +4
    +4
    +8
    2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 0 0
    14th
    +7/+2
    +4
    +4
    +9
    2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0
    15th
    +7/+2
    +5
    +5
    +9
    Increased potency 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 0
    16th
    +8/+3
    +5
    +5
    +10
    Chaos shield 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0
    17th
    +8/+3
    +5
    +5
    +10
    2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1
    18th
    +9/+4
    +6
    +6
    +11
    2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
    19th
    +9/+4
    +6
    +6
    +11
    The balance of reality 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
    20th
    +10/+5
    +6
    +6
    +12
    Increased Potency 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Yet another chaos mage.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Yet another chaos magi are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, and quarterstaff, but not with any type of armor or shield.

Chaos magic :
    You have several casting styles.
    Casting style 1: You can cast as a wizard of your level, however you use wisdom instead of intelligence and instead of the normal base spell slot progression you have the one given in the YACM class table.
    When you lose this casting style and regain it you guard?(Have?) the same prepared spells and spent spells as you had before losing it.

Casting style 2: You immediately bind a number of vestiges proportional to your level (as the binder maximum) and of maximum levels corresponding to the binder table and can not unbind them.
    Your binder level for those vestiges is your level in YACM.
    When you lose this casting all the vestiges unbind themselves.

Casting style 3:You gain access to an at will supernatural ability dealing 1d6 per two level in YACM to your target (touch attack needed).
    You gain a supernatural ability you can use once per day (and it is the absolute maximum no matter how much you lose and gain back this ability and other instances of this ability) healing 1d6 per level you have + your constitution.
    You finally gain a supernatural ability you can use once per encounter dealing your level in YACM/4 d6 of damage to all the opponents you can see or perceive in an way or another provided they are at less than 50+two times your level in YACM squares of you. (What?) do you mean 50 feet plus 10 feet per level?

Casting style 4:You can spontaneously cast mysteries with your slots.
    You choose the known mysteries the same way as a shadow caster of your level
    Your list stays the same(no matter how much you lose and regain this list) except for the new mysteries you can learn thanks to your level increase.
    The slots you use for your mysteries are spent for all the casting styles using the slots

Extra casting styles: You choose abilities and if the gm approves you get a new casting style.
    Every morning you choose which casting style you start with.

Chaos surge:
    Each time you cast a spell or use a supernatural ability or a spell-like ability given by one of your casting styles, you roll a d6.
    On 1 or 2 You lose your actual casting style and gain a new one from your list (rolled randomly)
    On 3 you take your level as damage.
    On 4 you do an misanthropic(? This word means "anti-social" or "disliking people" is that what you mean here?) surge and so use a chaos spell (chosen randomly) of the same level or 9th if the spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability is higher than level 9. (Supernatural abilities do not have levels as far as I know).
    If it does not have a level use half your YACM level.
    This replaces the ability you were using, but it is still spent.
    On 5 Roll a dice on the random effect table the GM likes the most.(which might cancel your spell)
    On 6 Roll 2d6 then change this table by swapping the effect on the position the first dice gives with the effect on the position the second dice gives.(the GM rolls the dices and does not tell the result) (I'm not sure what this means at all).
    Also all the abilities you use which have a duration expressed in something longer than rounds becomes one round per level of YACM, potentially lengthening them.

Chaos shield(su):
    You can cast this ability as a simple action 1+your wisdom modifier times per day.
    For one round per level in YACM you gain the following abilities:
    When doing a chaos surge, you can roll twice the dice and choose the dice you prefer for the result of the chaos surge.
    You can do the same thing with the roll given by the fifth effect of the chaos surge.
    At level 16 and higher you can roll three times instead of two times.

Increased potency(su):
    When casting a spell you can add 1d4 to the save DC and remove 3 from the base save dc.
    You can do this 3+you wisdom times per day.
    at level 9 and higher you can instead add 1d6-3 at level 12 and higher you can add 1d8-4 at level 15 and higher you can add 1d10-4 at level 20 and higher you can add 1d12-4 (you can still use the previous options)

Counterbalancing(su):
    Once per day when you cast a spell or use a supernatural ability or a spell-like ability given by one of your casting styles, you can choose to not roll a chaos surge, however you must immediately choose another spell, supernatural ability or spell-like ability given by the casting style you are using and you must necessarily use it as soon as possible and if you are prevented from doing so you take your level as damage every turn until you succeed at your objective. (What?)

Messing up with magic(su):
    You can choose the spell given by a chaos spell and gain one free negative level as a bonus.
    This gift can not be refused even if you are immune to negative levels.
    You simply automatically lower all the immunity and resistances to this kind of generous gift and any effect preventing you from gaining a negative level stops preventing you from doing so.
    If you can not possibly take a negative level, you die and are destroyed and turned into dust and annihilated and thus can no longer act.
    There is no way to protect yourself from the negative effect you receive when you do not take a negative level. (Nice option for suicidal liches)

The balance of reality(su):
    Once per day When you have to roll on the random effect table favored by the GM (which is probably very evil) you can instead be harmed by a real balance who appears right before falling on you dealing you 10d6 damage.
    The balance disappears immediately after falling on the poor YACM. (You mean a scale? A literal, physical scale crushes you?)

Scary caster(su):
    Being hard to predict makes you scarier: People do not know if you are going to blast them with a fireball or if the universe will just explode instead.
    This makes you much better at intimidating people as long as you make clear that you are a chaos mage.
    This is a supernatural ability because when you are in an antimagic zone or a dead magic zone people know you are not going to cast spells. (Okay?)

Chaos spells:
    Chaos spells contains multiples spells and one of them is randomly chosen each time it is cast.
    You choose the target after the spell is chosen.
    A chaos spell cost a free action to cast however you must spend all the normal casting action of the chosen spell when you end casting the chaos spell, or else the spell picked up by the chaos spell is not cast.
    There must be at least three spells inside a chaos spell.
    Targets are chosen after the spell is chosen and the YACM knows which spell have been chosen once the chaos spell has been cast.
    A chaos spell can contain spells of various levels, however a chaos spell can not contain spells more than one level above the level of the chaos spell and the average level of the spells in the chaos spell must be inferior or equal to the level of the chaos spell.
    A spell inside of a chaos spell should be a spell that is mostly useful in the middle of a battle because else it does too much convenient access to spells (in particular high level spells).
    Chaos spells are like regular spells for all the other purposes and can be learned or prepared normally.
    however I am not going to provide a sufficient list of chaos spells for having fun because it is just too much hard to do

Level 0 chaos spell:
    Threaten
    list: Acid Splash,Light,Flare,Daze
    Weird
    list: Disrupt Undead,Touch of Fatigue,Ray of Frost
    Level 1 chaos spells:
    Evasion
    list: Grease,Expeditious Retreat,Jump,Obscuring Mist
    Mesmerize
    list: Color Spray,Sleep,Hideous Laughter,Dancing Lights
    Level 2 chaos spells:
    Ire
    list: Scorching Ray,Burning Hands,Lightning Bolt,Bull’s Strength
    Trick
    list: Touch of Idiocy,Hypnotic Pattern,Mirror Image,Darkness
    level 3 chaos spells:
    Manipulate
    list: Rage,Hold Person,Eagle’s Splendor,Crushing Despair
    Weather
    list: Solid Fog,Wind Wall,Fog Cloud,Daylight
    level 4 chaos spells:
    Horror
    list: Bestow Curse,Contagion,Enervation,Black Tentacles
    Repression
    list:Ice Storm,Wall of Fire,Greater Invisibility,Shout
    level 5 chaos spells:
    Movement control
    list:Telekinesis,Interposing Hand,Dismissal,Hold Monster
    Weaken the mind
    list:Mind Fog,Feeblemind,Waves of Fatiguel,Bestow Curse
    level 6 chaos spells:
    Violence
    list:Disintegrate,Chain Lightning,Acid Fog,Freezing Sphere
    Antimagic
    list:Antimagic Field,Greater dispel magic,Spell Turning,Break Enchantment
    level 7 chaos spells:
    Spells put together for no reason
    list:Project Image,Power Word Blind,Finger of Death,Prismatic Spray
    Imprison
    list:Sequester,Maze,Flesh to Stone,Forcecage
    level 8 chaos spells:
    Annihilate
    list:Horrid Wilting,Polar Ray,Sunburst,Greater Shout
    level 9 chaos spells:
    Underexploit
    list:Power Word Kill,Crushing Hand,Mass Hold Monster,Weird

Evil table that hates you deeply
    1: You lose your level in YACM HP per round until you fall unconscious or die and there is no way to know you are losing HP because the trauma is too much subtle.
    2:Roll three D100 and do nothing.
    3:Roll two D100 and do nothing.
    4:Roll two D100 and apply the effect on the first dice (Without telling), then describe (or do not describe if it does not have to) the result of the second roll.
    The wizard and everyone in a radius of 600 meters believes the second result happened(even if the first dice kills the wizard he still believes to be alive) for one round.
    5: An object at less than 100 meters becomes alive (like animate object) and sentient (3d6 for each mental stat) and deeply hate the YACM for the poor life it has. (I LOL'ed)
    If that YACM already had an animated object hating him the animated object can choose another object and become that object (even if it was dead). (The object turns into something else? Like an animated broom becomes a bucket? Or an animated bucket?)
    If he manages to make an animated object stop hating him, that animated object's soul is destroyed and is replaced by another soul hating the YACM.
    The maximum HD of the object hating the YACM is the level in YACM of that YACM.
    6:Take your (level -1) negative levels. (OUCH)
    7:Roll twice on this table and apply the two results.
    8:The YACM stops being paranoid (not being paranoid is a mental insanity in dnd).
    9:Your abilities have a one round duration if its duration was longer.
    10:You fail at using your ability and lose the three slots of the highest level you have.
    11:One random person at a range of less than 100 feet is cursed (like the curse spell), reducing his wisdom to 6.
    12:The YACM is blinded and if he was already blind he is deafened and if he does not have either of those two senses, he loses a sense he have.
    13:The target of your ability grows a bunch of organic-looking extra eyes looking like eyes of a random creature (for example you cast fabricate on a steel bar and it grows a bunch of behemoth eyes or if you target air with a fireball the air gains some spider eyes and so on)
    14:The YACM change of tast and he knows that changed however he can not know what it is. (No idea what this means)
    15:The target of you ability can choose a new target for that ability.
    16:You must succeed at a DC 15 reflex save or fall on the ground and can not do anything for one round.
    17:All the spells helping you are dissipated (That can get interpretive, maybe it should just be all spells affecting him).
    18:You attract the hatred of exteriors(?) of one random alignment. (Outsiders?)
    19:Grass spreads around the YACM and he immediately knows it is wrong.
    If he does not start burning the grass it starts growing more and more dangerous.
    Every five rounds it deals one more d6 per turn to everything in it (starting at 0).
    However any fire spell make the grass normal again.
    20:A dead magic zone appears around the YACM. (Size?)
    21:All the damage the YACM receive this turn is delayed until his HP gets under the delayed damage. (What?)
    At that moment he takes the damage.
    22:The YACM does not spend the use of the ability he is using.
    23:The YACM suddenly feels sick (and has the sickened condition) (Duration?)
    24:The YACM take 3d6 constitution damage points.
    25:If the YACM target dislikes the YACM, he feels an intense will of killing the YACM and if he tries doing so he is always shape-shifted in the optimal mix of two form (gets all the powers and particularities and traits of the two forms) for doing so. (What are the two forms?)
    26:All the gold in a 100 feet radius is turned into stainless steel.

I like what I can understand of this class, but it was very difficult to get through. Commas are your friends. Loose is not lose. I'm an English major, so this sort of thing is second nature to me, and I'd be happy to check over anything you (or anybody here) writes. If you want a version of my reply that's just corrected without the bolding or strikethroughs, let me know and I'll send you one, although there were parts where I didn't know what the intended message was.

Nod, get treat.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

(What?) do you mean 50 feet plus 10 feet per level?
    No rather 250 feet + 10 feet per level but I think that a lower value is less problematic(like 50 feet + 10 feet per level).
    On 4 you do an misanthropic(? This word means "anti-social" or "disliking people" is that what you mean here?)
    It is a placeholder and I have no better name.
    It is misanthropic because it looks like if you decided to cast a random offense spell instead of casting the spell your friends wanted you to cast.
    However if anyone tells a better name I will take it.
    (I'm not sure what this means at all).
    This swaps two slots in the chaos surge table so that chaos mages have an harder time choosing the result with rerolls(since they do not necessarily knows the results of his dice since his 6 might become misanthropic surge while it was not that before).
    (What?)
    it is simple: when you cast a spell/etc you can choose to use this ability.
    When you use this ability you must choose a spell/etc you have(you simply choose one) and you avoid rolling a chaos surge.
    Then you must cast the chosen spell as fast as possible(you can not do any other action) and if you can not(for example you lost that spell or you are stunned) you take damage every round as long as you can not.
    (You mean a scale? A literal, physical scale crushes you?)
    I confirm:A literal, physical scale crushes you.
    It seems it was a funny joke only in my mind.
    Or an animated bucket?
    It becomes an animated object made from that object(but keeps mental stats and personality)
    Basically it becomes alive again and gain the physical traits of the new animated object.
    (No idea what this means)
    Tast is tast.
    It was just a joke on a forum nobody have read here.
    The concept is that the player surely does not knows tast(and the gm too).
    Thus it confuse them.

(What are the two forms?)
    The two forms who combined do the best against the YACM.
    So it will basically be epic monsters and brokenly powerful monsters shapes that the GM choose with the will of killing optimally the YACM(unless the GM does not knows such creatures).
    Last edited by noob; 2016-02-12 at 02:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello all. Now that I'm settled in my new place. I might make a return for this contest. I'm thinking about a class based on The Pillars of Nosgoth from The Legacy of Kain series. Since they BALANCE the fundamental forces of the universe. Just need to think of how to implement it.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Hello all. Now that I'm settled in my new place. I might make a return for this contest. I'm thinking about a class based on The Pillars of Nosgoth from The Legacy of Kain series. Since they BALANCE the fundamental forces of the universe. Just need to think of how to implement it.
    You're alive

Well I hadn't seen you in the contests for a while.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #864

Yeah, I got a little excited when I saw your name on my subscriptions.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yeah, went through a difficult move, but I'm back and inspired. I've been playing the orignal Blood Omen for PS1 and when I saw this contest it was like kismet. Looking forward to it. 9 versions of class abilities to select from shouldn't be too hard, right?

Edit: Well, I have the base concept for the class up. I want the pillar gifts to be around the power level of Balance and Nature as I have them. Any ideas for States or Dimension?

The greater gifts to be aproximately third level spells once per day, I will also be giving them an aura ability like the Marshal or Dragon Shaman.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2016-02-15 at 09:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #866

Oh, as for matching the theme with your class, it's really up to you on that one. I don't vote after the contest is closed--others do, however, and may penalize you for a perceived lack of use of the theme if they wish.

I think you can justify your classes for this theme, for what it's worth.

If peeps would prefer me to take a harder stance on this, I could, but that'll start next contest if so.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2016-02-17 at 09:35 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #867
    Halfling in the Playground

I literally have the perfect class for this, but I already posted it.

I'm kind-of upset now.

EDIT: Actually, since its a PRC could I make a base class version and have it be acceptable?

EDIT 2e: So I just hashed out a base class adaptation of the Verruck Balancer and posted it, would gladly welcome a PEACH. Sorry if an adaptation like that is not admissable.
    Last edited by Salasay; 2016-03-07 at 12:07 AM.
    Salasay was my first character. He's a Scout. This is his block:

The Paramęth setting is my baby, and most of my large (wiki-bound for now) homebrew collection is in the setting.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

There is one bug: this class have no interest in balance at all if you are an immortal or an undead: you can just supermax one side since you can for one day spam reloading abilities and use always the same side and not care about con penalty and have an astronomic strength and then attack people to death at level 1 and thus be a perfectly fine dip turning you into an one shot killer at nearly no cost.
    Then you take a composite bow with an astronomic str bonus and then one shot from far people at low level.
    Unless you through to that it was probably not intended.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Halfling in the Playground

Added a caveat that makes that impossible to do at low CL. I didn't think about that because in my head a vampire verruck would violate the Race Req. I could also limit it with half of class level, but I'd rather still make it possible to kill yourself if you don't pay attention.
    Salasay was my first character. He's a Scout. This is his block:

The Paramęth setting is my baby, and most of my large (wiki-bound for now) homebrew collection is in the setting.

30. - Top - End - #870

Ha. Whoops. I'll get on posting a voting thread right after my class.
    Homebrew