New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

@Zaydos: you forgot flamingos! a themed druid-like class that spawns beautiful and graceful flamingos all around!

@ Jormengand: about pink, you might need some Inspiration!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Banned

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    Also throwing in an old idea, Alignments?
    Well, I do have an idea forming for a deadly sin/heavenly virtue based class.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Sower of Discord for me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    Also throwing in an old idea, Alignments?
    My first idea is someone who lets a demon in their soul, but I made that a little while ago. So instead hmm...

A single class which can exemplify any of the 4 NX/XN alignments would be too close to Paladin/Incarnate unless a full caster which could be done but balancing the 4 spell lists against each other... would not be 100% required even so...

Spoiler
    Show
    Saint: Full caster with an emphasis on Sacred Vows. Paragon of Exalted good. Gets benefits that help with casting Sanctified Spells (count as an archon and the like), various healing abilities, and a fixed list of spells.

Autarch: An absolute ruler. A paragon of Law, which gets abilities which allow them to Command. Aura based buffs + Charm/Compulsion effects. Not actually a caster (SLAs and the like).

Cultist: A priest of demon lords. This is a kind of boring idea.

Xaosmancer: Fixed list caster with limited spells per day and list of transmutation spells + certain Chaotic spells and Confusion style effects. In addition they gain some access to at-will Invocation-style SLAs but some element of randomness involved either in their SLAs each day, or the actual effects of their SLAs (stuff like an at-will blast with a prismatic ray style Roll for effect). Draw some stuff from the Wild Mage PrC such as a variable CL and benefits to random magic items like Rod of Wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    @Zaydos: you forgot flamingos! a themed druid-like class that spawns beautiful and graceful flamingos all around!

@ Jormengand: about pink, you might need some Inspiration!
    I would never make that, besides it seems more like a 5 level PrC.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

For Pink, I'd probably make a butterfly knight. Summons swarms, forms weapons out of them, discorporates into a swarm. Grows wings, gets DR cold iron. A Faerie warrior princess skydancer

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

Has anyone ever suggested a theme of internet memes? I'd probably do an Amazing Horseman.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hmm...magical tevor or Narwhal Knight?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    Has anyone ever suggested a theme of internet memes? I'd probably do an Amazing Horseman.
    YES THIS IS NOW A THING I AM MAKING A LENNY FACE CLASS.

But anyway, yeah, memes could be cool.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I also second this concept.
    Behold! The Monster Compendium

My Homebrew.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started with the intrepid heroes whisked away to a battle gauntlet in the sky by a mystery deity! It was meant to be strictly a playtest but quickly devolved.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Dibs on the Troll :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Would MSPA count as a meme?

I could make the entire class based around purposefully obtuse language and mechanics

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm in favor of reality warping or science. I might have a class idea for those.

Also, is anyone interested in the Far Realm as a theme? It has a lot of overlap with the other two, but is quite a bit more restrictive than they are.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign on a spelljamming vessel disguised to look like a terrestrial zeppelin.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jester of Doom View Post
    Also, is anyone interested in the Far Realm as a theme? It has a lot of overlap with the other two, but is quite a bit more restrictive than they are.
    It would probably overlap quite a bit with the madness theme we had in XVIII. While I'm not averse to themes we've had in the past (or similar ones), XVIII wasn't that long ago. Probably best to hold onto that idea for a while before using it.

But that's just my opinion. Others can chime in and be like, "You're dumb, Temotei" and we can have the theme anyway. Except people probably can't say that non-jokingly because rules but whatever.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-03-05 at 06:04 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

I missed Madness because of Physics, but I could revive my idea for it for a Far Realm theme since it involved being a conduit to the Far Realm.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

15. - Top - End - #555

Voting has concluded.

1st Place: Zaydos' Simic Biomancer!

2nd Place: Jormengand's Warp Mage!

3rd Place: Beelzebub1111's Spellshaper!

Notably, each placing class had only 1 point over the next, and after 3rd, ezkajii's Rulemaker was also only 1 point behind. Kind of cool.

Anyway, congrats, all, and nicely done. Next contest will be up after I decide which theme to go with.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-03-06 at 01:33 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hoooo that was a close one. That makes my third third place. I am eternally adequate.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Congratulations to all the medalists! It was a good match, everyone.

Another idea for the next contest: "Anti" - classes devoted one way or another to opposing a specific force, concept, etc. or diametric opposition in some way.
    Behold! The Monster Compendium

My Homebrew.

Mine started with the intrepid heroes whisked away to a battle gauntlet in the sky by a mystery deity! It was meant to be strictly a playtest but quickly devolved.

18. - Top - End - #558

Here we are.

By the way, counting up winners from previous contests, this last 1st-place finish for Zaydos puts him at the highest number of wins with six.

Maybe it's time to change my signature colors... Yeeeaaaahhhhhhh
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-03-08 at 01:12 AM.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Do "young girl" things count even if they do not directly have anything to do with the color pink?

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Do "young girl" things count even if they do not directly have anything to do with the color pink?
    Yeah, sure. I'll clarify in the contest thread.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Heh, I have an idea for a class, though I'm not sure if I'll actually use it, so feel free:

The Rouge.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Heh, I have an idea for a class, though I'm not sure if I'll actually use it, so feel free:

The Rouge.
    You have doomed us all.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebub1111 View Post
    heh, i have an idea for a class, though i'm not sure if i'll actually use it, so feel free:

The rouge.
    i... I...

Quote Originally Posted by jormengand View Post
    you have doomed us all.
    ^that!!!!

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #564
    Banned

I feel the need to make a flower mage class that fights by randomly having flowers floating around her, but not sure how to make this work... hmm...

I can make this a thing.

25. - Top - End - #565

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post

The Rouge.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

Get ready...

The almighty peak of all Demonism and the most feared existence in all of the universe...

I will try to recreate....

THE CAREBEAR!!!

Dun dun DDUUUUUNNNN!
    Last edited by 1pwny; 2015-03-08 at 02:21 PM.
    I do stuff.

I usually log on, look at some threads, post, watch for few minutes, then leave and come back the next day. If I don't respond to your replies immediately, don't take offence.

My Homebrewer's Signature

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I feel the need to make a flower mage class that fights by randomly having flowers floating around her, but not sure how to make this work... hmm...

I can make this a thing.
    Maybe take inspiration from some Grass- and Poison-type Pokémon moves?

Quote Originally Posted by somebody27else View Post
    Get ready...

The almighty peak of all Demonism and the most feared existence in all of the universe...

I will try to recreate....

THE CAREBEAR!!!

Dun dun DDUUUUUNNNN!
    ohgarsh
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Rouge.
    I don't get this, care to explain...

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I don't get this, care to explain...
    the Rogue class is commonly misspelled as Rouge. I proposed a class called Rouge (presumably a stealth/skill class that uses makeup magic or something) to further confuse things
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2015-03-08 at 03:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

My spelling is sufficently bad i never noticed. I actually rely on a spellchecker quite a bit, (dyslexic and dyspraxic so i got an excuse ;)).