New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Banned

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Yeah, can I get an extension on that? I've been up to my ears in other humanoid [human]s' stupidity for the past 3 days and have barely slept, and haven't had time to work on this.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yeah, can I get an extension on that? I've been up to my ears in other humanoid [human]s' stupidity for the past 3 days and have barely slept, and haven't had time to work on this.
    Sure thing.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #753
    Banned

Well, right about now I've got everything except for robotics into a "Well, I'm just about okay with this"/minimum viable product type of thing. However, robotics. Freaking robotics.

I'm also a little worried by the dearth of competitors. Anyone want to finish off their entry/put something in?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, right about now I've got everything except for robotics into a "Well, I'm just about okay with this"/minimum viable product type of thing. However, robotics. Freaking robotics.

I'm also a little worried by the dearth of competitors. Anyone want to finish off their entry/put something in?
    Well mine doesn't need a ridiculous amount of stuff. But on advice from a friend I think I can add something.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea of things to add and so I should fix grammar but I am really bad at that.
    At the end I will probably be disqualified for bad grammar.(something with bad grammar is really bad because it makes rules impossible to understand)

6. - Top - End - #756

Yeah, it's kind of sad. I was hoping people would like this contest's theme. Maybe not much time?

I suppose it might be an indication that we should do a Playground-voted theme for next contest. Ideas welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I have no idea of things to add and so I should fix grammar but I am really bad at that.
    At the end I will probably be disqualified for bad grammar.(something with bad grammar is really bad because it makes rules impossible to understand)
    Disqualifying for grammar would be lame. If I get time, I'll try to read through it and give some advice. No promises on that, though, as I do have a decent amount of work coming up on my schedule (not even counting the work I have to put into my own campaign).
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

7. - Top - End - #757
    Halfling in the Playground

So, out of the 5 entries, 2 are incomplete(Delver has no Similitudes or Greater Secret Proficiency Abilities and Tattler doesn't have any abilities.) and the Soul of Sight is confusing. I do like the Delver but if it's not finished then oh well. But the issue here is there aren't 3 people I can vote for since I can't vote for myself and it would be nice to have 4 people to vote for so I could have some choices.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, really? Pft, that's what I get for trusting posting from my phone on a bus. I can add them in later tonight/tomorrow if the deadline is extended. If not, well, I learned a valuable and oddly thematically appropriate lesson about trusting too much in technology.
    Last edited by Zrak; 2015-10-29 at 04:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zrak View Post
    Oh no, really? Pft, that's what I get for trusting posting from my phone on a bus. I can add them in later tonight/tomorrow if the deadline is extended. If not, well, I learned a valuable and oddly thematically appropriate lesson about trusting too much in technology.
    The deadline is currently 3 Nov, so you should be fine.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm throwing my hat at it because of realization i need to be more aggressive about this stuffs.

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

11. - Top - End - #761

I believe in all of youuuu.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Channel Holy Might (Su)
    Techpriests can change their spells into holy power that allows them to make more inventions. By sacrificing a spell slot, their maximum invention points increase by 1 per level of the spell plus another 1. The maximum level of spell they can sacrifice in this way equals their level minus 1. They must sacrifice excess inventions when they lose this benefit, and they lose the benefit upon recovering spells. They can get no more than twice their IL in bonus IP in this way.
    Since a Slotless item of level 0 bonus spell costs 500 GP it means that an IP costs at most 500 PO
    So we can create a feat for crafting inventions with gold since there is a way to give a value to IP.
    So I think the feat Craft invention can be created
    Financed research:
    When you create an invention you can use 500 times its IP value in GP to create it this invention is normal except that when you recall it you get nothing at all.
    if the invention is a single use invention it costs only 50 times its IP value in GP to create.
    Normal: When you do not have this feat you always spend IP for creating inventions
    (This is a lot less good than the tech-priest ability since people can break the invention and it can not be repaired while a magic item can be repaired by using true-naming and stuff of this kind)
    Also I through to the fact that for each rule system of this kind(like magic, initiating, incarnum and etc) there is a feat for dabbling in this domain
    So one feat could be
    Apprentice inventor:
    You can build level 1 inventions of one domain of inventing(that you choose when you take this feat)
    You also gain your int modifier in IP.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Banned

I don't really like the idea of people spending less than the cost of an item of ability score +6 to make a permanent Soul of the Tarrasque (70 IP = 35,000 GP). By WBL 20, that entitles you to have 21 Souls of the Tarrasque following you around, plus the one you make with real IP. If you manage to dip Techpriest without losing any of your IL to cleric levels, you can have another one.

Not that the idea of some dude rocking up with twenty-two mechanical Tarrasques and nearly enough money left over to kit out an eighth-level character doesn't amuse me, it just seems mildly silly.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

"Capable of casting 2nd-level divine spells"
    Is the only cleric requirement for an inventor to become a techpriest and you can get that from just taking one level in favored soul and the feat versatile spellcaster and you can cast immediately level 2 spells(or if it does not works because of spells known just grab earth spell(and be a cleric because they are way cooler) and get spells equivalent to second level spells(But you stop being a techpriest when your feet leave the ground and that is really very funny(my book tells me what to do only when I have my feet literally on earth)) you can also just use cleric + DMM + a random meta-magic but it costs two feats(one of which can only be taken after your first cleric level)) and so take that PRC.
    So you have only one dead level of invention progression and so at level 20 you still can access to level 10 inventions.
    So if you put levels in techpriest and have the right to do early entry then you do not need that feat at all and it is even worse than inventing yourself since when you invent yourself with techpriest and slotless level 0 bonus spell slot items and basically have inventions that does not screws you when destroyed(by opposition to the ones made with gold and this feat).
    Else if the GM does not allows early entry in techpriest then this feat should be weakened appropriately.
    Also a team of a techpriest and one regular inventor works for having no delay in getting the inventions(And doing them with money(Through those slotless items) and doing inventions in twice the normal amount of fields) thanks to that:
    Someone can help you to make a hybrid invention. You can split up the IP needed to do so in a pre-agreed fashion. If anyone recalls them, everyone else must too.
    I can also say that now I realize I did read three times in a row all your base class.
    Congratulations on captivating me so much efficiently.
    Last edited by noob; 2015-10-31 at 02:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765

16. - Top - End - #766
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    Entries are required to use the Adventures/characteristics/Alignment/Religion preamble from earlier 3.5 instead of the Abilities/Races/Alignment one from later 3.5?
    No, they aren't required to use either:

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Submissions... should be submitted in the format shown in the next post or in another way that's easy on the eyes. Feel free to play around with fonts, images, and the like; just make sure it's not hard to read.

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    Entries are required to use the Adventures/characteristics/Alignment/Religion preamble from earlier 3.5 instead of the Abilities/Races/Alignment one from later 3.5?
    Nope. Go ahead and do what you want to do with regard to that stuff. Most people just take the first way because it's easier and does its job just fine.

If you'd like, I could make a skeleton code for that type of formatting.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #768
    Banned

I've been too unwell to do any more, but I'm gonna take out the templates and put them here in case I get the urge.

Spoiler
    Show
    x
    Level: Aug
    Invention Points:
    Construction time:
    Bind:
    Something ostensibly witty goes here.

x
    Level: Dem
    Invention Points:
    Construction time:
    Equip to Robot:

x
    Level:
    Invention Points:
    Construction time:

x
    Level: Rob
    Invention Points:
    Construction time:
    Slot:
    Sustains:
    An ostensibly witty comment goes here.

Size/Type: X construct.
    Hit Dice: xd10 + y (z hp)
    Initiative: +x
    Speed: x feet (y squares)
    Armor Class: x (+y A +z B) touch v flat-footed w
    Base Attack/Grapple: +x/+y
    Attack: X +a Y (bdc+d)
    Full Attack: X +a Y (bdc+d)
    Space/Reach: x ft/y ft
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities:
    Saves: For +x Ref +y Will +z
    Abilities: Str x Dex y Con - Int - Wis 1 Cha 1

19. - Top - End - #769

MindFlayer

curious for anyone to a quick once over and point out whats missing ill be working on it all day trying to complete it

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

20. - Top - End - #770
    Banned

Not to be That Guy Humanoid [Human] or anything, but isn't it time for votings?

21. - Top - End - #771

MindFlayer

I'm new here so I didn't want to say anything but that's what I was thinking

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

22. - Top - End - #772

Whoops. Was playing Baldur's Gate II and fell asleep.

Have a link.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-11-04 at 08:58 PM.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

I made it! I managed not to enter this time!

>>
    May have started a class on a long bus ride because it looked like you were going to be stuck at 3 entries.
    <<
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

24. - Top - End - #774

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by mantia View Post
    3rd- Bailitheoir. Once more great concept. But, it is very vague and leaves alot of debate over what is or isn't doable. and just saying the DM decides won't fix that because DMs tend to fix those when they come up and if the player was expecting something that the DM nixed it's not so much fun. Would like to see this with good definitions of the rules.
    Yeah if i had started earlier i would have specified much more in depth, but time constraints favored complete look over only partial view point. I'll be re-posting later with more structure to the memories. I'll save specifics so they don't influence the vote.

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

25. - Top - End - #775

BardGuy

I think most of the playerbase is begging for an invention-based class to have another class where Int matters.

26. - Top - End - #776

MindFlayer

my efevretis is using a system inspired by the WOWRPG technology system but its far from the complete state his is, otherwise i would have used it, not the class the system.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-11-05 at 01:16 PM.

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

27. - Top - End - #777

Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    my efevretis is using a system inspired by the WOWRPG technology system but its far from the complete state his is, otherwise i would have used it, not the class the system.
    Mythic Inventor?

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker.
    Look forward to seeing the efevretis when it's complete! Fun name, by the way. Does it mean anything (either because it's Greek or because you made up a name based on other stuff)?
    Last edited by Temotei; 2015-11-05 at 05:23 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #778

MindFlayer

Mythic Inventor?
    Look forward to seeing the efevretis when it's complete! Fun name, by the way. Does it mean anything (either because it's Greek or because you made up a name based on other stuff)?
    yes its greek, you know xefas set the bar for mythos classes to be. Its going to be as teriffying to think about as the original tinker class from WOWRPG but less DUFAQ OP NERF now going on. If I wanted that I would just repost the original class with 40 abilities that gave increase to Tech Limit then Ultron would be achievable at lvl 1.

Also gave up on gender pronouns along time ago i get called mam(I is a sir) all the time. If I pay attention when I'm writing something I stick to they but MEH

Fun fact I set the bar for bad grammar.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2015-11-05 at 06:52 PM.

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

29. - Top - End - #779
    Banned

Also:
    A part of me comes back to life every time someone's polite enough to notice that. Thank you.

30. - Top - End - #780

MindFlayer

I just spent 5 min searching for that qoute...lol(unsuccessfully)

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord