New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    Allow me to throw my brush into the mix. My entry, the Transcendent, is posted, and mostly complete.

Do yourself a favor and put your lore before you forget. One of the last contests had a Guy forget his lore and was disqualified because of it.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2017-06-14 at 08:03 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    What I am missing is a good name. And maybe mechanics to make the Planets more interesting than just a reserve feat and spell in one deal.
    Yeah, there don't seem to be all that many words that hint at both clocks and astronomy. Best I can come up with is "orrerist" if you really want to hit both notes.

If you want to hit the 'space' note more: Astrologer? Stargazer? Astromancer? Cosmologist?

If you want to focus more on the 'time' part: Watchmaker? Timekeeper? Chronographer?

The array subsystem seems pretty neat. It reminds me of the social policy slots in Civilization 6. I assume you keep your planets when you swap out your array? Does projecting your clock to use them have an opportunity cost or is it just a fluff effect that happens automatically? Maybe different planets could require larger, more unwieldy projections, or risk being damaged/disrupted by enemy attacks.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwyrm View Post
    Yeah, there don't seem to be all that many words that hint at both clocks and astronomy. Best I can come up with is "orrerist" if you really want to hit both notes.

If you want to hit the 'space' note more: Astrologer? Stargazer? Astromancer? Cosmologist?

If you want to focus more on the 'time' part: Watchmaker? Timekeeper? Chronographer?

The array subsystem seems pretty neat. It reminds me of the social policy slots in Civilization 6. I assume you keep your planets when you swap out your array? Does projecting your clock to use them have an opportunity cost or is it just a fluff effect that happens automatically? Maybe different planets could require larger, more unwieldy projections, or risk being damaged/disrupted by enemy attacks.
    Horologist

4. - Top - End - #1474

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwyrm View Post

Yeah, I'm currently using watchman right now.... but that might change.
    I based the idea off of that Greek device, you know the one that makes an accurate clock of the solar system known at the time.

Anyways, I've developed the idea further. It's a bit different.

You have an invoker like melee touch attack for damage. Usable whenever.

Your personal time piece is a personalized item you customize and cannot change, effectively you build a clock or watch with magical abilities. This cannot be reconfigured.

The Array system is a bit more complicated.
    In order to use or benefit from your array you have to project it. Essenniltislly making a magic hologram.

You only have one array, but you can have multiple stars and your personal timepiece counts as a star that cannot be destroyed.

Stars must orbit you your timepiece.
    Worlds must orbit stars or your timepiece.
    Satellites such as moons and satellites must orbit worlds.

Each celestial object is divided into 4 levels and has 2 abilities. One is a reusable ability or a passive ability and the other is a more powerfu one that destroys or drains the object. If you cast the second ability all of the things orbiting it are so destroyed. Obviously stars have the most powerful abilities and moons have the weakest.... but generally you'll have fewer stars and more moons. The incentive will be not to use your stars too early because you waste resources using them.

Additionally there's going to be some sort of internal interactions where things get more potent if some condition is fulfilled.

Oh and you can have stars orbit other people as well, in effect giving them bonuses and using them as the casting origins for spells. Other characters may only have 1 star following them because they lack a time piece.

You need a spend an action to activate your Array, but you get loads of defensive buffs as long as it's manifested.

You rebuilt and customize your array daily, similar to a cleric. Except you don't use spell slots. Every item has a price tag.

Essentially the time piece has reusable and infinite magic usable whenever. But cannot be changed.

The Array is more complicated but is able to be reconfigured as needed. It's main drawback is that you cannot cast spells immediately and must activate it, but as soon as you do, anything in the array with passive effects trigger such as say "+4 Armor".
    Also it illuninates you and anyone else you have stars follow unless you're invisible.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2017-06-14 at 10:02 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #1475

6. - Top - End - #1476

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    I'm making a painter. He paints paintings. With a paintbrush.

But does he paint happy little trees?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

7. - Top - End - #1477

PirateGuy

Posted the start of my idea the Knitted Knight. Part fighter, Part item creator, Part minionmancer.

EDIT: I'm missing an appropriate 2nd or 3rd level spell.
    Last edited by Mangles; 2017-06-16 at 12:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1478

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What do you guys think of a Storyteller class that empowers allies with the abilities of mythical heroes? It would be my first entry into one of these contests.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    What do you guys think of a Storyteller class that empowers allies with the abilities of mythical heroes? It would be my first entry into one of these contests.
    Sounds like a bard...

11. - Top - End - #1481

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Firbolg in the Playground

New chat thread here.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).