New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Raziere Watches Batman Shows

The jock's name is Nelson. Nash is his last name.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty Much. The very early Iron Age stories worked because they were multy leveled and nuanced and well thought out complex works of fiction.

The later stuff fell apart because all they saw was death and sex and gore and bleakness and imitated that. At least in game of thrones the characters are complex human beings and they have the excuse of low magic medival setting were the magic is mostly against you and a civil war is going on to boot. A scenario like that is gonna have lots of casualtys, including important and both good and bad people. That's acceptable, even if I don't care for it myself.

And yes, the dad is kind of an idiot and that's the point. It's what makes the kid sympathetic as a villian. Now, I could understand if the dad said "ok, we are gonna get you into a martial arts class, have you see and nutritionist and a personal trainer for a diet and work out regiment, and were gonna get you shaped up and skilled enough to take this jock down a peg or two so he'll get off your back." and then did all the macho stuff while helping him learn to fight and bulk up, I'd accept that cause he's actually doing something to help the problem, he's putting his son in a position where he can fight that battle himself and have a reasonable chance of winning.

As is? Yeah, he's a horrible failure as a father. And as an aside, the Jock and the chick Willy was crushing on are both Amoral Asshats.
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    And as an aside, the Jock and the chick Willy was crushing on are both Amoral Asshats.
    In other words, teenagers.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

time again for another two episodes. I'm taking my time on this, because I actually like it. that and Brave and the Bold had a faster pace, so it made me go through them faster.

Spoiler: Batman Beyond Episode 5-6
    Show

Apathy, Greed, Corruption, Power, Hope, Courage, Honor, Justice....the words every cyberpunk story abide by.

ooh....radioactive waste. ugh.

ah, Terry you hooked the truck before it took off. nice, now your starting to think ahead.

.....Poor Mr. Freeze he.....he must be trapped in a hell......killing him might be a mercy at this point all the

oh hey it worked. Mr. Freeze is normal again! which means he isn't Mr.Freeze, but good for him!

“yeah there’s a menace to society” hah! nice snark Terry.

and he lets go a guy who tried to kill him….when there was NO ONE AROUND. I think this pretty much clinches that Victor is good. Powers and that woman on the other hand, should be watched carefully, they’re the snakes here.

he’s feeling hot?

HE’S REVERTING? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, WHY…….WHY UNIVERSE HATE MR.FREEZE.

now you’ve done it. Mr. Freeze is ticked.

green skull powers beats Mr. Freeze. scary.

Blight eh? simple. works.

“we both were”? dude seemed pretty nice to me until everything started going south.

hah? there are heroes other than Terry?

ok, this is WAAAAAAAAY too good to be true. whats the horrific cyberpunk catch?

ouch. lava man got rejected even though he saved the day.

agh, why is mr. hitlerstache here? can’t we have given him something not so obviously evil? and he did turn his coworkers into mutated freaks. evil two-timing jerk.

their DNA is falling apart. aha. knew it. Oh God.

and become dangerously psychotic. ok. that works to.

“I was their friend.”
    “right”
    I agree with Terry. a friend who does that to their friends, is no longer a friend.

I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah yes, Blight. He's a good villain, with a balance of going after both old and new batman. Old to try to get total control of the company, new for getting in the way and making him a walking wasteland.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, this show didn't take it easy on kids just cause they were kids. The badguys did legitimately bad things. People got hurt and died as a result of there actions. And sometimes, the lines between right and wrong get a bit fuzzy.

That said, the Mr. Freeze ep did a good job of actually redeeming him.
    "I Burn!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Another two episodes to watch.

Spoiler: Batman Beyond Episode 7-8
    Show

oh, ironic. he can’t hear anymore.

see? Terry can be detective too….if he still has a bit more to learn….

and…thats creepy…..he calls himself Batman even though he hasn’t been him for years….

who are these stupid clowns? they seem to be thieves.

and Terry’s girlfriend is starting to get testy with him. sigh. poor teenage superheroes. they never can get a good love life….

sigh, of course, new girlfriend is Royal Flush ganger. when they’re not mad at you for skipping out, they’re villains….

and here is another highlight of the difference between Bruce and Terry: Terry wants to have a life, while Bruce is completely devoted to the job no matter what. Its like I’m looking at the argument between Bruce and Grayson but scaled up: Bruce is an old man now and set in his ways, while Terry is still new at this unlike the first Robin, so the problems that were relatively minor with Batman and Robin are major breaking points with Bruce and Terry. It brings out the flaws of Batman and his sidekick- or in this case, the former Batman with the new one.

oh good she leaves! yay! no wait, they manipulate her into not leaving, screw them. she clearly wants to get out of her family.

and…..yeah…..they both had the pain of a Catwoman betraying them...at least they're getting common ground now.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

......guess those two weren't all that interesting. oh well

Next two episodes:
    Spoiler: Batman Beyond Episode 9-10
    Show

oh no, THESE Jokers again. what petty stupidery are the up to now?

oh they’re minor and inconsequential, oh well

and Terry is not doing in well in class. uh oh.

uh-oh, looks one of the team is taking something like steroids. or something to make hyper-whatever….

yup future steroids. and they’re stealing stuff to pay it for it is my guess.

and he is addicted. whelp. we have our villain for this episode.

AW FRACK. you put it in the wrong thing! now they will think your on DRUGS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, TERRY YOU SCREWED UP MAJORLY.

heh! haha! your catching on Terry! rule number one! don’t mess with normal seeming old men!

that is a LOT of patches. your going to be addicted yourself man. bad move.

and Bruce finds a way to solve this drug misunderstanding. for once I’m grateful for the guy.

am I the only one who thinks the boyfriend is nervous at the thought of her father having actual gun training?

who in the world is this swirly dude? is he Proto-Obito-Tobi? or should I say….Probitobi?

he just netted her in his illusion! yup, this guy is Probitobi.

AHAHAHA! Bruce doesn’t answer about D-ick Grayson. Terry probably reminds Bruce too much of him.

THE PSYCHOLOGIST IS THE SPELLBINDER. THE PSYCHOLOGIST IS THE SPELLBINDER. ITS SO OBVIOUS. HE EVEN SAID “I DON’T BITE.”

this episode is a fine demonstration in how illusions can be dangerous.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

But I'm doing the batman beyond lets watch!

now I must don a costume and make you my eternal enemy!

10. - Top - End - #70

Fun fact, spellbinder was originally a minor villain from the batman comics, they decided to use him for this show because the character wasn't used in BTAS.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    But I'm doing the batman beyond lets watch!

now I must don a costume and make you my eternal enemy!
    and I've done two lets watches of other Batman shows in this very thread! you have yet to complete ONE! Your Let's Watch Fu. It is weak. I will break you.

and Minor? Spellbinder seems pretty freaking dangerous for a "minor" villain...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and I've done two lets watches of other Batman shows in this very thread! you have yet to complete ONE! Your Let's Watch Fu. It is weak. I will break you.

and Minor? Spellbinder seems pretty freaking dangerous for a "minor" villain...
    *stops stitching costume together*

I started mine first...

Anyway he did say spellbinder was a minor villain. he's pretty dangerous in batman beyond.

13. - Top - End - #73

Oh yes, he was relatively small time in the comics, here is another story.

Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    After all, with three appearances, he's one of the most reoccurring villains in the show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Raz, kinda surprised your not sounding off on Spellbinder being a sick malicious puppy (Though I grant based on some of the things yet to come down the line, not the worst.), and on the drugs being the result of working on Banes Super Strength Drug.
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Raz, kinda surprised your not sounding off on Spellbinder being a sick malicious puppy (Though I grant based on some of the things yet to come down the line, not the worst.), and on the drugs being the result of working on Banes Super Strength Drug.
    Eh, some things I catch on and remember to write down during the ep, some things I don't.

but now that you point it out:

MY DEAR GOD, THIS GUY IS PSYCHOLOGIST. A FREAKING PSYCHOLOGIST. AT LEAST FOUR PEOPLE COULD'VE DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR ILLUSIONS, AND MAYBE EVEN EXPERIENCE TRAUMA FROM IT, WHO KNOWS. YOUR TAUGHT TO HEAL AND SOLVE MENTAL PROBLEMS. NOT CAUSE THEM. WHY DID YOU EVEN TAKE A JOB WORKING WITH TEENAGERS IF YOU CLEARLY DIDN'T LIKE THEM TO BEGIN WITH. I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT: THIS GUY COULD'VE JUST QUIT HIS JOB, FIND SOMEPLACE THAT WORKS MORE TOWARDS HIS INTEREST IN PSYCHOLOGY, OR SOMETHING HIGHER PAID WHATEVER IT IS. BUT NOPE. YOU WENT OFF THE DEEP END AND STARTED SCREWING WITH HEADS BECAUSE YOU ARE APPARENTLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH OF A PSYCHOLOGIST TO RECOGNIZE IN YOURSELF, A GROWING CASE OF "I SHALL GET MY NEBULOUSLY DEFINED REVENGE THROUGH STEALING THINGS" DISORDER. BUT THEN AGAIN THATS WHY WE DON'T HAVE PEOPLE SELF-DIAGNOSE.

I mean, the mind depends on the senses to know if something is real, it can't tell the difference between illusion and fact. those illusions might have seriously screwed up their psychological makeup, that bride? she might have a phobia of bugs now. that guy in the soldier dream? he was in combat, it might be fake, but it might have given him post traumatic stress, we don't know! heck, Terry might have a fear of waterfalls now, because every time he'd look at one, he could only picture him falling through the Gotham sky to the traffic below. could happen. just saying.

as for Bane drug:
    well yeah, thats a thing thats bad. it makes sense though. sports people taking drugs to enhance performance is nothing new. but the dealer taking them himself? is he stupid? because he must be, he knows the effects, he knows how you end up once you take too much....and then he slaps on more patches than anyone else shown to hulk himself out.

what I'm really concerned with is what happens to old man Bane now that the pusher isn't tending to him? he seemed to be the only one actually paying attention to the seeming vegetable he has become so......old man Bane is probably dead unless Terry or Bruce remembered to let people know that hey there is this old vegetable dude out on this random island....which I don't remember them mentioning so yeah. Bane is dead, not that it makes much difference at this point, considering he might as well be a corpse anyways.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

muuuurg. I hate it when I have to do this, it feels like I'm double-posting >_>

Really loving this series, three more:
    Spoiler: Batman Beyond Episode 11-12
    Show

ooh, Inque’s back.

uh, dude, I don’t think she has a choice in the matter. I’m pretty sure she is like “listening to this loser prattle on and on is annoying, JUST LET ME OUT ALREADY, YOU TWIT!” like any villain that is unappreciative of anyone admiring them because they have no sense of social awareness or the ability to take advantage of a dupe like him.

oh, the boss is not taking any of this sicko captive-love bull. this guy just got exactly what he deserved.

and he got his revenge by releasing Inque, of course. just what you get for being sensible in a superhero show.

HA! I predicted the “prattle on and on” thing! complete with “pathetic life”!

but she takes advantage of him anyway. apparently he is completely fine with the above insults.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, TERRY IS DROWNING IN INQUE!!!!!……THATS ALSO A TERRIBLE PUN!!! DID THEY INTENTIONALLY WRITE THIS SCENE AROUND IT? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHH…..

oh god oh god oh god, why’d she only give him HALF? thats just…..pointlessly monstrous…

oh no indeed. that suit….it will give him a heart attack! THINK FAST TERRY!

…..wow, Batman is always big on the ironic endings, but this one just takes the cake.

a pharaoh person is after Barbara! old enemy from the past?

heh, looks like she won’t jail them after all

Spoiler: Batman Beyond Episode 13
    Show

Blight is stealing stuff now? can he no longer afford the stuff he needs or something?

oh right, Terry doesn’t know that Blight is Powers.

…..this Son Powers guy actually cares for his father doesn’t he?

oh no. the protestors pushed him over the edge….

oh, Terry, you have revenge bad….and Bruce does not approve.

looks like Paxton Powers, even though he is a polluter, still is more reasonable than his old man. he is only a small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

Paxton is calling Batman. and they’re both the successors. this is delicious irony happening to Terry.

wait. WHAT. the…..fish guy….the protestor…..HE IS IN WITH PAXTON!? the protest at the board…..IT WAS A SET UP! Paxton just wants his father out of the way so that he can run the company! TERRY ITS A TRAP!

aaaaand Terry finds himself calling out the guy killing the guy who killed his father. irony. delicious irony.

unfortunately Paxton won this round. He has the company, his father is out of the way for the time being, and he is in reality just as cut-throat as his father.

17. - Top - End - #77

And now, say goodbye to Blight. This is his last appearance, a shame, he was a good recurring villain.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    And now, say goodbye to Blight. This is his last appearance, a shame, he was a good recurring villain.
    What? this....this...is his last appearance!? but....they left it open that he might return and such! that Blight could come back! he was an original foil and arch-villain to Terry and everything! and he is just.....a first season villain? aaaaaw.

well, I hope that Paxton will be a good villain in his place then.....he certainly seemed to be, he outmaneuvered EVERYONE in this episode. he set up his father to get exposed, he set up Terry to put his father in a position where he would die, and succeeded in getting him killed if not exactly the way he planned, all without getting caught by the authorities. thats good mastermind material there.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

You can thank network executives for this. They wanted less corporate and less powers storylines and more teenager antics and school storylines, so they mandated such to the shows staff.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Well its time to start the second season, so lets see how that works out.

Spoiler: Batman Beyond S2,E1-E2
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E1
    oh cool, splicing, I’d like some! give me cat ears and tail please…wait if you can do this with animal DNA so easily, why not human DNA or something like that? shouldn’t it be easier? sex change too please!

uh oh, someone’s sneaking up on Terry while he is sleeping….oh just his brother.

and I dunno man, this seems pretty harmless, its just fashion…but of course this is a batman episode, so that just HAS to be something more villainous and sinister to it, but come on seriously? If someone wants to have cooler ears or eyes, I’m fine with that, why use THIS as something sinister? It just feels….I dunno, I guess I just feel I’d be the type of person who’d be interested in it and in a way want to get one of these for….reasons…and the fact that its being used as something potentially sinister says just gives off a sort anti-transhumanist vibe. but then again….cyberpunk. its all about being suspicious of technology, or at least its misuse.

aaaaaaaw, a rise in aggressive behavior. |:( Can’t they just talk to the company and tell them to come up with splicing that is more SAFE? just y’know, isolate the super-fantasy science gene that causes aggression and get rid of it, just take it out, because as long as we have this bull gene-splicing going on which, isn’t how genes work at all, can’t we abide by your bull fantasy genetics science of treating it like legos that influence everything about your body to take out the one block that causes the downside? because I’m pretty sure that could probably do that with the fantastical not-real science you have here. why not? your already putting magic genetics that easily make people more animal like and give them aggression, why not just as easily take it out?

oh god, now there is just unnecessary racism against normal people from the transhumanist splicers for no reason. way to dig yourselves deeper and throw my hopes of getting fantasy cat girl enhancements that will never happen further guys!

and now they’re outright planning a coup. great! why do all the transhuman people in comic books turn out to be evil? what does it say about superheroes that although they wield powers- or super tech at the very least- they often are fighting AGAINST transhumanism, even though they are the world’s best examples of it in their own universe?

wow, wouldn’t it be ironic is Bruce got killed by a literal Batman who is also his successor Batman? this event can literally be parsed as “Batman just got turned into a Batman and is now trying to kill Batman.”

hah! “good bad-dog”

heh, brave dog.

whelp, there goes that hope for transhumanism.

Batman Beyond S2E2
    heh, Terry is getting smarter, Bruce must be honing his mind.

its a mudman? I call clay face!

kay, not clay face. instead, tony.

“he’s not your father. he is a ghost.” truer words have never been spoken Terry…

Spoiler: Batman Beyond S2,E3-4
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E3
    oh great a bunch of Jokers have gotten their hands on some crazy piece of tech that will probably cause a lot of damage and chaos. what is so important about that vehicle that it needs to be taken back and looked over?

…..was that Joker slang-code, or just a joke? is there a difference? or was it just sarcasm? all of them? none? YOU CAN’T TELL WITH JOKERS.

all of them is not enough man. Batman in any incarnation is action movie hero badass. you’ll need a lot more to take him down.

The T’s? huh. dunno what they’re about.

Terry. use your words say “Get out! your lives are in danger! get out before you get killed!” complete sentences. communication.

fitting I guess, that this episode ends with the guy banging on the controls like a spoiled child.

Batman Beyond S2E4
    35 years…..which means he died 5 years after B:TAS took place.

and Terry is finally enjoying a good date with Dayna. we can’t have that, interruption from Bruce in 5…..4…..3……2….1….

no wait, the elevator is going out of control instead, much worse.

AAAAAAAAAAH, THE ENTIRE CITY IS GOING HAYWIRE!

“none of the robins ever complained.” well of course, they lived in a different era, your point?

pressed the button and…blasted. point blank. ouch.

uh-oh. crackles. you should repair the suit, or at least get it checked over.

aaannd Vance has taken over. great.

oh come on, Terry, that mask might’ve worked back in the day, but this is cyberpu- oh who am I kidding, this is a universe where Superman walked around in broad daylight with no mask at all and even Lois Lane couldn’t figure out who he really was. he might as well put on a t-shirt that says “NOT TERRY MCGUINIS.” and people in the DC universe would accept it as a secret identity.

“Its only the suit thats out of commission not Batman.” if nothing else, you have to admire Batman for willing to fight crime no matter what tools he has- no matter how little, no matter how much. the tools don’t matter as much as the mind that uses them.

also I'm to be honest, I'm kind of a bit farther along than this, so I have to catch this thread up a little.

Spoiler: Batman Beyond, S2,E5-6
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E5:
    OH GOD. That man is going to be eaten by tiny mechanical mouths…. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH……..these people are actually starting to live up the Joker legacy……but not in a funny way.

YAY! Batman saves him. awfully convenient that he dropped by.

wow, this guy is cold. I take it back. he is no joker, he is no joker at all.

Uh-oh. Terry, you might want to bring this gal to Bruce’s attention.

POORLY!? HE IS THE SECOND HIGHEST SCORE!!! This is going to be another stupid parent isn’t it. A super-high standards mother. Whelp. Hope you like your son turning into a villain because you thought that getting an A, second to possibly the smartest person in school, I’ve already lost all hope in you. Please turn in your parent card at the door. The next lines only cement my opinion of her. High Standards Mother, please go throw yourself off the building, you can wave to all the “losers” under you as you go down, because according to your philosophy, your obviously living on the top floor while the second most top floor is the first loser under you.

and yup, he is skull joker. acting out because his parent expects too much of him. I already blame the mother on this one.

well look on the bright side! Batman isn’t being searched anymore and the Jokers won’t use it themselves!

FRAG! Terry you messed up again! Now she thinks your a joker! Which is technically worse than being known to be Batman! curse these programs and their inability to distinguish these things!

HAHA! “No problem, Alfred.” Terry’s signature snark is at it again.

Batman Beyond S2E6:
    Hey, y’know what I realized is really clever? They put Spellbinder’s eye at the beginning of the opening credits as a kind of symbolic adventure or illusion your being drawn into, as if Spellbinder is making you experience all this yourself. I like that.

…this guy can shoot a mosquito out of the air with a blowgun. kay. I’ll make a note of how creepy that is and back away slowly.

aw what the hell Bruce, now your being snarky by informing this to Terry NOW of all times? really? milk?

Oh Terry….you know full well that you won’t live up to that promise. the superhero life won’t let you.

….what the heck. this tribal voodoo-shaman wacko cannot possibly be serious with all this, and is he jumping off a skyscraper-yes he is. nice time going splat, or in this shows case, somehow not going splat even though you have no way of flying or anything like that….but still, is this guy crazy or something?

No he is a cyborg, that explains everything.

and he gets shocked and weakened by his cybernetics. heh. irony. but I’m starting to wonder if killing all these villains wouldn’t be more merciful than letting them to live to see the ironic results of all their schemes come to haunt them for the rest of their lives and thus torment them.

no wait his ironic ending is DEATH. while seeing the panther/puma. one. last. time.

21. - Top - End - #81

Hmm, I would have thought there would have been more comments on the creepy earth zombie guy, or the fact that we see Joker's corpse in the ruins of Arkham.

Also, this isn't the last time we see splicers, the man behind them may be gone, but the tech remains and people will keep doing it.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Hmm, I would have thought there would have been more comments on the creepy earth zombie guy, or the fact that we see Joker's corpse in the ruins of Arkham.

Also, this isn't the last time we see splicers, the man behind them may be gone, but the tech remains and people will keep doing it.
    we see Joker's corpse? Where?

also: creepy earth zombie dude: eh, he just seems to be a chemical version of a ghost story. guy got killed in some horrible way, now his chem-ghost haunts the ground beneath and is all unreasonable and stuff. pretty cliched ghost story stuff, just.....with chemicals.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    we see Joker's corpse? Where?
    A skeleton with a flower in the ruins of Arkham. Forget which episode.

24. - Top - End - #84

DruidGuy

What? this....this...is his last appearance!? but....they left it open that he might return and such! that Blight could come back! he was an original foil and arch-villain to Terry and everything! and he is just.....a first season villain? aaaaaw.
    From season 2, Batman Beyond goes from plot arcs to more "villain of the week" format, but it isn't bad - just different from season 1. Blight just didn't fit.

A skeleton with a flower in the ruins of Arkham. Forget which episode.
    Joyride.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Earth Zombie guy was actually the writers trying to push the limit and see just how dark they could go before it either became too much, or the censors had a fit and made them rain it in.

That's why it's all shades of grey with no real true badguy.

Tribal Voodoo Cyborge guy was a favorite villain of mine personally. I think it also helps that there's actual blood in the final fight in that ep. (Seriously, Terry hit's him repeatedly in the jaw and when they break apart and he's catching his breath a bit he comments about how it's excellent that Terry's really fighting him and has taken first blood, and wipes blood away form his mouth. It's a great little touch.)

And yes, will see Slicers again, though part of it was he planned to use it as a means of getting and keeping a degree of control over the people he'd spliced. Not total control, but some, enough to make him more important then he should otherwise be.

Lastly, Joker Kid, yeah, see, here's the thing. The mom's a horrible horrible parent, but unlike Willy, I've gotta put some of the blame on the kid. Yes, she's horrible and has a significant chunk of the responsibility, but unlike Willy, he's actually not just grabbing opportunity to lash out in the heat of the moment in an all but blind rage. He's taking his time. Thinking it through, calculating it, planning it, considering the consequences. That, requires a certain level of Bad Mojo for the sorts of things were talking about. Now, if he wasn't actually using anything lethal (Say the robots had one squirt of Acid to show off to scare max and then after that it was just water.), I'd be more forgiving, but, as is? I can't.
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

eeeehhh......Stalker just seems like a second Bane, but more crazy and unrealistic. you can't beat Batman by sticking to a theme, Batman is all about exploiting the weaknesses of his enemies themes and psychological problems, its like expecting to beat a guy who prepares against all elemental magic using only fire. sure you can beat him by using a big enough fireball to wipe out entire cities, but first you'd have to gather enough power for it overcome a strategical planning he has in store. a big enough hammer for him to have no way of overcoming or working around it.

its why Shriek's giant tuning fork plan almost worked: it caused so much chaos and insanity to the city that Batman could not be everywhere at once to deal with it. oh right. I don't think I've caught this thread up with where I am yet, not even to that point. lets fix that a little:
    Spoiler: E7-8
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E7:
    Melany is back! and she is still stealing. Catwoman indeed.

This reminds me of Nightwing and Catwoman. So everyone: true or lies? Is she telling the truth, or is she just setting him up? YOU MAKE THE CALL! Unfortunately you can’t since your reading me, so I’ll make the call for you: She is actually true, but Terry will suspect she is lying all the while and make the first move.

oh she got lied to as well! double lie! and Terry still thinks she is scamming him. this is not gonna turn out well….

…..he…..he never read it. we’ll never know what it says. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO………….

Batman Beyond S2E8:
    hooked up? is this going to be another teen fad or drug addiction story? but with virtual reality?

yup. it is. sigh. yes, we know that getting lost in a virtual world of lies is bad. anything else to say to make this an original spin? to make it interesting?

oh. Spellbinder is back. much worse. I’m interested.

did…..did she die 0_0……oh god…..they can die…..in that…

oh not dead. unconscious.

Um. Terry. is it not possible that you could get in trouble? lots of people just saw you attack two people your age out of the blue…

and Max is now in Spellbinder’s VR.

aaaand….she fooled him at the last second! surprising.

also, this highlights another of Spellbinder’s danger: he clearly makes even someone like Max incredibly addicted to the reality inside.

Spoiler: E9-10
    Show
    Batman Beyond S2E9:
    giant man eating rats. wat. I know the news people on this show are stupid, but really?

whelp, Dayna has finally broke up with Terry, surprised it took her this long really. and looks like a rat is in love with her…

is that the same guy Terry rescued from skull-joker?

this rat guy is WAY too friendly….he has been kidnapping girls hasn’t he….and when they don’t return his love….THEY’RE EATEN.

AAAAAAAHH!! SHE GOT EXPOSED TO RADIOACTIVE WASTE! Just being near that stuff is dangerous….

and she lost her light. in the middle of these pipes. GREAT.

oh great, walking through sewers, who knows what is in that…..

listen to the rat boy for once…

yup, they get eaten.

too bad that Terry can still never tell her whats really going on….

Batman Beyond S2E10
    strange little girl calling for help. psychic powers?

is it just me, or is Max starting to become a better girlfriend to Terry than his actual girlfriend?

daddy left a crater. where’d he get the muscles for all this?

this episode is getting surreal. and Terry is getting mind-attacked 0_0

wow, telekinesis, telepathy….we still have magic, its just more terrifying now.

ok, I’m gonna accept the bull 10% mind thing, since I know its not true, and just listen to it as self-consistent within its own universe. its not our science, it is theirs. and their science says that they can do great things with their minds.

well at least one thing ended well in this show.

Spoiler: E11-12
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E11:
    “where have you been, a cave?” ….don’t you love it when questions are right for all the wrong reasons?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, THE BOARD IS MOVING! I bet its actually an invisible guy!

nevermind, that is too much to merely be one guy.

Blade….Nelson….Its that guy! Willy! he is using his technopathic abilities to wreak havoc! the technopath has returned….

no, he is just telekinetic in general. nevermind, he is ten thousand times more dangerous nooooooooOOOOOOWWWW, TERRY GET OUT THERE!!!

and Terry tricked him into losing the “pretend to be good while really being bad” game. tip to pulling that off successfully kid: don’t say what your doing out loud.

Batman Beyond S2E12:
    who is causing all the ruckus thats makin’ the animals go bananas? must be some sound…..like SHRIEK.

oh no, NOW ITS AFFECTING HUMAN SPEECH! THAT WOULD MEAN THE ALMOST BREAKDOWN OR CHANGE OF HUMAN SOCIETY AS WE KNOW IF WE ALLOWED THAT TO CONTINUE! AAAAAAAGH…..

you make a good point as always Maxine. I applaud your reasoning.

clever of Shriek, and good of Terry to figure that out.

hehe, turnabout is fair play. the old man doesn’t answer him, he doesn’t answer back.

nice exploration of what it means to sacrifice oneself as well.

27. - Top - End - #87

DruidGuy

is it just me, or is Max starting to become a better girlfriend to Terry than his actual girlfriend?
    Trust me, you're not alone. Even one of the show's creators originally intended Dana to dump Terry and Max to hook up with him, but media executives said "So, you want to show realistic teenager relationships? Ha-ha, no."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

I always thought that one was more "You can't hook him up with Max, she's like one of the guys, which is why we show her more prominently, it makes the younger boys not be as annoyed by her.".

I grant it's trading one kind of stupid for another, but hey.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #89

DruidGuy

Nah, I think it's because executives wouldn't let them have a breakup in the show. At least, that's what I've read somewhere.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    Nah, I think it's because executives wouldn't let them have a breakup in the show. At least, that's what I've read somewhere.
    ....but thats technically happened TWICE in the show! once in the Melanie intro episode, and once again in the rat boy episode. argh. I guess Dayna/Dana/whatever is just that stupid "derp. I'm going to break up with him except I'm not." yet at the same time, she never seems to grow jealous or question why Terry is spending so much time with Maxine. sigh. TerryxMaxine, the ship that never was. would've been better to. Dana just doesn't seem to have any purpose or personality OUTSIDE of being Terry's girlfriend. she just seems to be another relationship to pointlessly hammer the complications of being Batman in Terry's life. especially since he has run out on her so many times, even I, someone who has no idea how dating works, am pretty sure she would've broken up with him by now, as in, by the end of the first season or so, because by now its just getting a little ridiculous.

Spoiler: E13-14
    Show
    Batman Beyond S2E13:
    “Terry’s Friend Dates a Robot” wow, they really couldn’t come up with a better title for that, couldn’t they? nothing more brief, and edgy? no? just….gonna go with that? kay.

ok, your training him, but um, Bruce, might I question why yourself have a gimmick? its called being a bat, and um, well shouldn’t there be pattern to YOU then? just asking a question thats important.

oh this fat nerd guy is trying so hard…but….tough luck pal. your going the wrong way for nerd socializing. try DnD instead. I’m sure that by now they have ironed out all the kinks in the future.

great, I’m having flashbacks to Futurama’s DON’T DATE A ROBOT psa…

even the robots have that same skeletal appearance when they’re not humanized. I’m beginning to suspect that some of the writers of this episode might’ve also worked on Futurama, or this is a really big coincidence.

credit to Howard: he knows when he has screwed up and when to try fixing things, as well as being a decent person, underneath all the desire for popularity.

whelp. Howard got what he deserved.

see? dating robots leads to your house getting blown up. just remember: DON’T. DATE. A ROBOT!

Batman Beyond S2E14:
    and frack, the Sting operation failed because of him.

aaaaaaand Terry killed Mad Stan. apparently. and now Barbara is after him. GREAT.

hm? Terry didn’t do it. kay. who did?

a bunch of brains and organs….CREEEEPY…

wait, static interference…getting Batman hunted by the law…. control over switches…..its Willy again isn’t it? only he has learned some subtlety….

nope, Spellbinder, real sneaky that one.

huh. there Mad Stan was. in VR.

Spoiler: E15-16
    Show
    Batman Beyond S2E15:
    CURARE RETURNS! it seems she has out-assassin’d them all

oh. bomb. jerk.

Maxine’s hair is purple now. hm. she looked better with red in my opinion. but then again I’m biased

my personal bet is that the bomb was actually fake. that the guy couldn’t actually afford to get one so he set up a plausible-looking dud just to convince Terry that he has a stake in his life, thats why Max could just rip off the timer, it was just there for appearances just in case Terry ever went looking.

Batman Beyond S2E16:
    the last resort? this isn’t going to be a pun is it?

oh god. brainwashing. gods above.

total sense deprivation >:( now I’m just angry.

OH GOD, GET OUT OF TERRY’S FACE YOU PRICK.

and the jackal laugh guy shoots himself in the foot. of course.

Spoiler: E17-18
    Show

Batman Beyond S2E17:
    oh. sigh. this is the story of a good man forced to become bad. all because he is a little spend-y for his own good. this is gonna be sad.

Terry can put two and two together alright.

and Armory ultimately decides to turn himself in and get a lenient sentence. hm. kay.

Batman Beyond S2E18:
    aaaah, privacy. that poor, abused concept in our modern age, probably slowly dying out. I agree with the mother on this one…

ah, so Mr. Inside is both invisible and selectively intangible. powerful. how is Terry gonna get this guy?

no wait, not invisible at all. weird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. TERRY’S BEEN EXPOSED. AS WELL AS BRUCE. OH GOD. ALL IS DOOOOOOOOOOMED.

WHAT. WHY DID YOU WAIT. YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPOSE HIM FOREVER. YOU ARE STUPID, MR. INSIDE.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, they crack up and don’t believe him at all! hilarious.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH……….he is falling to the inside of the Earth….and reach the core…..and get stuck in it……..forever……..surrounded by nothing but molten lava……until…..he dies….probably insane…..this show is full of nightmares…..and look its still being ironic! see? it would be more merciful to just kill him! rather than torturing him with this….