New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of legends LXI: Demaglia!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Are you looking for a second EDG v SSW game? They're only doing best of ones right now.
    To add to this, the group stage is just a double-round-robin - teams play each other twice, once as red and once as blue.

On a tangentially related note, would anybody else not be all that surprised if a 4-2 team fails to get out of Group D?*

*Edit: Not saying it will happen, just that it could.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2014-09-18 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    To add to this, the group stage is just a double-round-robin - teams play each other twice, once as red and once as blue.

On a tangentially related note, would anybody else not be all that surprised if a 4-2 team fails to get out of Group D?*

*Edit: Not saying it will happen, just that it could.
    I would be shocked since the statistical likelihood of that happening is astronomically low.

Since each team only plays 6 games, that is literally only possible in a single instance - if THREE TEAMS went 4-2 and the fourth team went 0-6. It would also require incredibly precise distribution of the wins and losses to actually make it all line out to 4-2 on the 3 winning teams.

Since teams have already played their first games, there is basically only a single combination of wins and losses that will actually get all 3 teams to 4-2.

So no, I don't think it's likely at all.

In any bracket 4 wins 99% seals you a spot in the quarters.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-09-19 at 12:09 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I would be shocked since the statistical likelihood of that happening is astronomically low.

Since each team only plays 6 games, that is literally only possible in a single instance - if THREE TEAMS went 4-2 and the fourth team went 0-6. It would also require incredibly precise distribution of the wins and losses to actually make it all line out to 4-2 on the 3 winning teams.

Since teams have already played their first games, there is basically only a single combination of wins and losses that will actually get all 3 teams to 4-2.

So no, I don't think it's likely at all.

In any bracket 4 wins 99% seals you a spot in the quarters.
    Group D is the one with KaBum, so you've already got an 0-6 team. All that it would then require is for Alliance, C9, and NWS to go 2-2 against each other. While I agree that it's highly unlikely, would it really be that surprising for C9, Alliance, and NWS to all avoid being swept by either of their two competitors?

Also, Group D hasn't started yet, so the thing about "already played their first games" doesn't apply.
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #814
    Banned

Spoiler: Worlds day 2
    Show
    Highlight reel for SSW vs. DP should be fun to watch.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Spoiler: Worlds day 2
    Show
    Highlight reel for SSW vs. DP should be fun to watch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed

Although, IMO DP actually did surprisingly well. I honestly did not expect what is essentially a mid-to-high EU Challenger team to even get a chance to surrender to a Korean squad, so the fact that they lasted long enough to do so is none too shabby.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed

Although, IMO DP actually did surprisingly well. I honestly did not expect what is essentially a mid-to-high EU Challenger team to even get a chance to surrender to a Korean squad, so the fact that they lasted long enough to do so is none too shabby.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you can call it that. They played hyperpassive and didn't really try to do anything more than trying to just not lose quickly. The way they played, they never really had a chance of victory but they played a game that looks nice on paper in them losing slowly.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if we will see DP break into the European scene after this though?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    They very well might try. Judging by their Leaguepedia results page, I don't think they're good enough to actually get into the EU LCS though, so they might just decide that winning everything in Turkey anywhere ever is good enough *shrug*
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Not as anything more than a EU challenger team, I'd figure. HolyPhoenix, Naru and Touch are okayish players, but the team is not on the level of EU LCS and even if they were, they'd probably end up at the very bottom.

Sorta like MYM - they'd have a Turkish fanbase, and they'd probably manage some upsets, but aside from that, they'd be designated pushovers.

Maybe HolyPhoenix could end up as a promising free agent, were he to change teams. I'm not sure whether being top Turkish team is profitable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Worlds Group Stage

Well, that's it, teams are pretty much set.

Spoiler
    Show
    TSM and Star Horn Royal Club are now guaranteed spots, all of tomorrow's games are meaningless. TSM finally breaks the NA curse!

Group A has a small chance for an upset given that AHQ gets a free win from Dark Passage tomorrow, but it would require AHQ to beat Edward in the last head to head, Edward to lose to Samsung White, AND then Edward to lose the tiebreaker match to AHQ. Not outside the realm of possibility, but unlikely.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-09-20 at 01:43 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #821

Worlds Group Stage

Well, that's it, teams are pretty much set.

Spoiler
    Show
    TSM and Star Horn Royal Club are now guaranteed spots, all of tomorrow's games are meaningless. TSM finally breaks the NA curse!

Group A has a small chance for an upset given that AHQ gets a free win from Dark Passage tomorrow, but it would require AHQ to beat Edward in the last head to head, Edward to lose to Samsung White, AND then Edward to lose the tiebreaker match to AHQ. Not outside the realm of possibility, but unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, the only upset would be Edward losing to AHQ. Unlikely, but certainly within the realm of possibility given how shaky EDG's early game has looked. AHQ just needs to come up with some appropriate cheese and make it work twice.

And yeah, SK not playing with a full roster really nailed Group B. TPA is surprisingly good but clearly out of practice vs. high quality circuits and SK with a sub-LCS level substitute player isn't gonna make waves. Had they managed to beat TPA with their sub squad they could've had a chance but at 0-3 there was no real chance of a comeback especially at their mental state. Most unfortunate, Svenskeren; honestly, I could've almost predicted something like this would happen around him eventually based on my personal experiences with him.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2014-09-20 at 03:36 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, the only upset would be Edward losing to AHQ. Unlikely, but certainly within the realm of possibility given how shaky EDG's early game has looked. AHQ just needs to come up with some appropriate cheese and make it work twice.

And yeah, SK not playing with a full roster really nailed Group B. TPA is surprisingly good but clearly out of practice vs. high quality circuits and SK with a sub-LCS level substitute player isn't gonna make waves. Had they managed to beat TPA with their sub squad they could've had a chance but at 0-3 there was no real chance of a comeback especially at their mental state. Most unfortunate, Svenskeren; honestly, I could've almost predicted something like this would happen around him eventually based on my personal experiences with him.
    It's more than that.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Edward beats Samsung, that's it, they're in. Even if Edward loses both their games tomorrow, that only gets AHQ into to a playoff for the slot.

Edward has to lose to AHQ not just once, but TWICE, first the normal game, then the tiebreaker. Given how AHQ and Edward has been playing, I find that highly unlikely.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone here had a 200/199 victory in Ascension? Is that actually possible? I know that relics give 3 points, but I dunno how many points a kill gives.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

14. - Top - End - #824

It's more than that.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Edward beats Samsung, that's it, they're in. Even if Edward loses both their games tomorrow, that only gets AHQ into to a playoff for the slot.

Edward has to lose to AHQ not just once, but TWICE, first the normal game, then the tiebreaker. Given how AHQ and Edward has been playing, I find that highly unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edward beating Samsung would be a way bigger upset than AHQ beating Edward. Like, Kabum beating anybody-level. I really don't see it happening, which is what I based my estimation on.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Has anyone here had a 200/199 victory in Ascension? Is that actually possible? I know that relics give 3 points, but I dunno how many points a kill gives.
    Base kills are worth one, I believe. They're worth more if an ascended is involved.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edward beating Samsung would be a way bigger upset than AHQ beating Edward. Like, Kabum beating anybody-level. I really don't see it happening, which is what I based my estimation on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really?

Samsung's a favorite, but I don't see it as impossible for EDG to take a game off them - whereas it really does feel impossible for Kabum to win a game.

I feel like EDG has maybe 10-20% to win, at least, which is well within the realm of possibility

Is there anywhere we can see the runes/masteries/build orders used in worlds? I know that personally, I'd love to see what the top players in the world do to see if I might be doing something silly.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2014-09-21 at 04:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

I've had a 200/198 game once. Game was won by final 5 vs 5 teamfight. Base kills are indeed worth one point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

Kill - 1 pt
    Ascended Kill - 2 pts
    Kill Ascended - 5 pts (Xerath or champ)
    Relic - 3 pts
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2014-09-21 at 06:33 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Orc in the Playground

I managed to pull off a 200/199 win. Getting that final kill on an ascended enemy with a tiny sliver of HP left was quite the rush, I must admit.
    Awesome avatar was by kpenguin. Until Photobucket decided to kill it. Whoops. New avatar isn't by kippy.

19. - Top - End - #829

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really?

Samsung's a favorite, but I don't see it as impossible for EDG to take a game off them - whereas it really does feel impossible for Kabum to win a game.

I feel like EDG has maybe 10-20% to win, at least, which is well within the realm of possibility
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, out of all the strong teams here I think EDG matches up the worst vs. SSW simply because their strengths are in the same areas as SSW's so they have a hard time eking out actual advantages against SSW anywhere. They don't really have stronger lanes, they don't have ways to generate early advantages, they don't have superior lategame decision-making or teamfighting, overall I don't think their style is very well-suited for beating SSW.

EDG might have some extremely south-field picks prepared specifically for them but I doubt those would be brought in during the group stages so the one possible advantage EDG might have, their deep champion pools, probably won't even come into play. In a way EDG is really lucky to face them in Groups so they can make it to playoffs even with losses, and hopefully have someone better suited dispose of SSW.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Worlds
    Show
    Has there been any announcement on how brackets will be decided? I figure SGB has a solid chance of making it out of groups and I'm gonna be quite sad if SGB and SGW get matched in a team kill in the quarters.

Also,, what the **** happeend in TSM vs SHRC?
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: tsm vs sk
    Show
    who called that shot jfposjfpsdjfdspofjsdpofds

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Show
    Has there been any announcement on how brackets will be decided? I figure SGB has a solid chance of making it out of groups and I'm gonna be quite sad if SGB and SGW get matched in a team kill in the quarters.

Spoiler: ..
    Show
    The better question is wtf happened in TSM vs SK. TSM is so bad so often...

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Show

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that quarters are A1 vs. B2, B1 vs. A2, C1 vs. D2, and D1 vs. C2.

Spoiler
    Show
    That means that White definitely won't be facing Blue in the quarterfinals regardless of what happens to Blue in the group stage. Perhaps in the Semis though.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Worlds (still relevant)
    Show
    Last edited by Winthur; 2014-09-21 at 10:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Swain~

It's like swag but not stupid.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Swain~

It's like swag but not stupid.
    And it doesn't have any meaning either!...unlike swag

So now we have a reason for wanting
    Spoiler: second place of group B
    Show
    TSM
    to beat SSW, Monte and crumbzz will eat boot soup.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: TSM
    Show

Holy crap that Dyrus Rumble is so sexy, I want to have his babies as a straight male.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    Spoiler: TSM
    Show

I want to have his babies as a straight male.
    baby kidnapper detected

29. - Top - End - #839
    Bugbear in the Playground

Argh I don't get it why pick Jinx when Tristana is open
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

30. - Top - End - #840
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm a little bit frustrated and just need a place to put this. Spoilered so it doesn't have to bother anyone.

Spoiler: Diamond 1
    Show
    I've been extremely frustrated with league of legends solo q for the last 2-3 weeks, ever since the introduction of master tier.

Don't get me wrong, master tier is great. All of my friends who had been at around 90 points quickly got into it, no clamping and no problem. In fact, some of them were talking about 20-30 point gains in 1 game. And that's amazing for them. However, riot screwed a lot of people in diamond 1 in the process.

You see, when I got my first win and got 12-13 points in d1, I was excited. Master tier seemed so much more in reach then challenger, and the gains seem reasonable. That's until I got my first loss. -35. After winning 3 and losing 2, I went from d1 15pts to d1 0 points. Granted, I did go on a losing streak and end up in d2 20 points after a total of about 5 losses(Including the 2 I mentioned previously) However, it was just speeding up the inevitable, as I'm sure I would have landed down there even if I posted a 50% win rate from game 1. My case wasn't the only one with this issue either. Every game I played for the next week had people complaining about the 10-15 pt wins and 25-35 pt losses, most of them not having a loss streak at the beginning. All of the people I had been playing with at low d1 inevitably got shoved into d2, unless they could post above a 75% winrate. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming there was trickle down for this too, but I haven't actually had a case that could prove it yet.

EDIT: I went through all the solo q games I played. Within about 14-16 games, I was at a even record, and I posted a more or less even record for the entirity of the course of games. Overall I played 66 games, with 36 wins and 30 losses. If I hadn't have gone on my most recent winning streak, I would have played 60 games, started in d1 10 points, and ended up at d2 20 pts. And as far as I know that's not atypical.

Yes, it has gotten easier over time. After a week I got an average of 15-20 pts gained and an average of 20-25 pts lost, with particularly unfavorable wins giving above 20 lp on rare occasion. Then again, that's after 2 weeks, about 30-50 games, and a long string of clamping with at least a 50% winrate overall(Including the early losing streak). After two weeks I was somewhere around a 50-55% winrate and stuggling to stay at my current mmr, along with many of the other players I had been playing with before the change went in. I've been hearing complaints about it in post game even today from the people who don't play as often. I finally got into d1 promotions after an average of 17 pt gains and winning 5 in a row, starting at d2 30 points. This much clamping, for this long, is just really and truly frustrating.

I do understand that it's better for the people above, and makes for a more streamlined process overall. Maybe there were too many people in diamond 1, and kicking out some of the people at that lp was necessary for a more accurate ladder and a more important meaning to having d1. I do also think it's not only good for the long term, but will be a lot better come s5 The thing that frustrates me, however, was the complete and utter lack of warning or communication to those of us at low d1. This email was the general announcement to all d1 players, and no mention of anyone getting temporary issues with high losses and no gains. I had to search for a red post regarding the situation, and the only ones I found said that some people weren't dropping as fast as they should have been and thus would see some temporary clamping until they got placed into the right lp, and one that said gains and losses would be more swingy in general for a bit until the system completely sorted out. However, considering the high amount of people I saw have the same problem(every game for the first 5-10 games or so reported similar losses and gains, and I've heard it intermittently at the same mmr since), I feel like riot either understimated the number of people this would affect or what all the cases would be for a clamp to occur. Either way, there should have been some warning that some people would see a deflated mmr along with those who's mmr was inflated. Overall I'm just highly frustrated by this experience, and really hope that after this promotion series it's pretty much over. We'll see though.

/End rant, and I hope anyone wasn't too bother by this.

In other news. Janna is op. Like, really, really, op. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-09-22 at 02:58 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.