New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of legends LXI: Demaglia!

If you need a crash course in Everything About League, hit up Godskook (ign Bethor Kookalian) or myself (PhantomFox7) and we can give you a guided tour of Things That's Helpful to Know

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    That's fine and all. But for my part I'm just annoyed that my favorite champion had what I loved about him nerfed and is now switched to being at his best at my favorite position in the game to my least favorite. And even if he's still in a good position powerwise it sucks that his giant ult that takes about a third of his mana to pull off is never really satisfying to use.
    Panth wasn't a dominant laner when you last played, since he's virtually never been popular in that role for a prolonged period of time in modern league history. panth jungle was him finding a place in the popular metagame, not changing his place. there's no disincentive to lane him that exists now that didn't exist earlier. oh, and sorry that your ult is fair now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Even if you're the one in the duo, I find that it hurts your chances unless you're playing with someone where you have good synergy. Remember, if you and the person you're voice chatting with don't have good communication or you don't pick up on each other's cues in the game, you'll do worse than a random solo person because you'll make uncoordinated moves that get you killed that you'd have never made at all if you didn't think somebody was backing you up.
    I find that duo queue horror stories are over-reported and duo queue MMR inflation is overestimated

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I thank everyone for their responses on good begginer Junglers. That said, I am brand new and can someone explain what the tier of runes means/when they become available or drop me a link?
    Don't worry about runes until you're summoner level 20(I think that's about 50-100 wins into the game), as short of tier 3 runes, the overall effect isn't valuable to be worth the long-term costs of buying early unless you 100% know what you're doing(if you friend me in-game, I can walk you through it).

Masteries are free and while also non-huge, you can get some very useful benefits early on, *ESPECIALLY* as a jungler. For your early summoner levels, you want a mastery page designed around letting you survive the jungle as best you can, which means:

Offense:
    Butcher > 3 Fury > Feast > 4th Fury

Defense:
    Tough Skin > Recovery > Bladed Armor

Tough Skin is probably the most important, then butcher, but if you have to choose between Bladed Armor and Butcher, get Bladed Armor(at lvl 5).

WW and Fiddlesticks are great starter junglers for getting comfortable with it, while Xin Zhao, Amumu and Master Yi are easy but probably a bit stronger atm once you're comfortable.

Personally, I suggest staying away from Nunu, as he's hyper-specific in how he plays, preventing you from generalizing much from playing him.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I find that duo queue horror stories are over-reported and duo queue MMR inflation is overestimated
    Then you haven't been with a pair where the lower mmr person is somewhere between just good enough for their mmr and worse then their mmr says, and the other player is at best at the mmr the other person drops the average to. What happens is the lower mmr person will more often then not end up 0/5 and the other person will most likely go even in lane, leaving the rest of the team to carry.

This is my experience with about half the duos where the mmr difference is huge.

Oh, and I've been waiting for this one for a while...
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-08-26 at 02:11 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Then you haven't been with a pair where the lower mmr person is somewhere between just good enough for their mmr and worse then their mmr says, and the other player is at best at the mmr the other person drops the average to. What happens is the lower mmr person will more often then not end up 0/5 and the other person will most likely go even in lane, leaving the rest of the team to carry.

This is my experience with about half the duos where the mmr difference is huge.

From the amount of control he has in that description he sounds like a support champion. A long range slow, what sounds remarkably like Zyra plants for harass, a knockup, and an ult that is a wall your team can move through but the enemy can't?
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-08-26 at 02:18 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Well, yes, it's something TFT suggested. Looking at the CDR=AS, it seems like he'll be something in the vein of Leona, building tank and CDR with a BotRK somewhere in there and becomes very, very scary with high damage, attack speed, and tank. Heck, he might find a niche toplane, too. Though what with Tree being Tree, he might not work up there.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the fiery tower View Post
    Who's the one god? He's the sun god!

Ra! Ra! Ra!
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

That was fast. Gnar was only just released.

I suppose there was quite the gap between Braum and Gnar, so they ended up completing multiple champions in the interim.

I'm... I'm curious as to how the passive will be applied in Dominion.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to somehow trying to force this guy into top lane, even if that's not where he's intended to be (though it might be... his E seems to me like he wants to be at least slightly tanky, and WE into team -> flash behind -> ult towards team seems like it could be a devastating initiate.)
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-26 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Well, yes, it's something TFT suggested. Looking at the CDR=AS, it seems like he'll be something in the vein of Leona, building tank and CDR with a BotRK somewhere in there and becomes very, very scary with high damage, attack speed, and tank. Heck, he might find a niche toplane, too. Though what with Tree being Tree, he might not work up there.
    Leona is a tank, like Braum or Nautilus. Azir is a mage, like Zyra or Cassiopeia. Actually probably a lot like Cass, outside the CDR-scaling that encourages Athene's core on him.

I expect BoRK to be *ATROCIOUS* on him because I'm reasonably sure his soldiers don't proc on-hit.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Nashor's Tooth is an item that I expect to see as a possible core, depending on how his soldiers interact with on-hits. Not only does it give AS in itself, it also gives as much CDR as Athene's, meaning that he can have attack-speed to go with his attack-speed, and I'm guessing his soldiers might have some variety of AP scaling on their basic attacks.

It's also pretty underused at the moment, being only a staple on Kayle and some Teemo builds, and very niche on Diana.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-26 at 03:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Right, but I think the idea is to use the soldiers as support rather than a major source of damage. They seem like they're for setup, and your Autos are a major source of damage. Anyways, his kit seems more like a bruiser's than a mage's. A dash+knockup and a speed steroid+poke suggest melee, and the only thing that seems specifically mage-y is his W. His R seems like a beefed up verion of Jayce as well, and he seems like he's going to be a melee champion, and doesn't have the unique kit of Kassadin to fit Mid-lane.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Even if you're the one in the duo, I find that it hurts your chances unless you're playing with someone where you have good synergy. Remember, if you and the person you're voice chatting with don't have good communication or you don't pick up on each other's cues in the game, you'll do worse than a random solo person because you'll make uncoordinated moves that get you killed that you'd have never made at all if you didn't think somebody was backing you up.
    True, but I find my friend and I make for a great team when we play. Though usually when I'm in lane and he's jungling.

Nah, he speaks from experience. Anarion and I have horrible synergy so when we duo'd together we were constantly on the wrong page.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

What I got from the description was that his soldiers effectively 'replace' his autos (and as Kook says, they'd be highly unlikely to proc BoRK in that case), and I'd be very surprised if they didn't have appreciable AP scaling.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Right, but I think the idea is to use the soldiers as support rather than a major source of damage. They seem like they're for setup, and your Autos are a major source of damage. Anyways, his kit seems more like a bruiser's than a mage's. A dash+knockup and a speed steroid+poke suggest melee, and the only thing that seems specifically mage-y is his W. His R seems like a beefed up verion of Jayce as well, and he seems like he's going to be a melee champion, and doesn't have the unique kit of Kassadin to fit Mid-lane.
    From the looks of it, your autos are actually replaced by the soldiers when you have one up. If you watch the video for his W, he hits Xerath with a short-ranged beam attack (something like 300 range? it looks terribly small, but still long enough to technically qualify as ranged) when his soldier is not up, but when he summons his soldier, his auto-attack is replaced by the soldier stabbing things and he has no such beam.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-26 at 03:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    From the looks of it, your autos are actually replaced by the soldiers when you have one up. If you watch the video for his W, he hits Xerath with a short-ranged beam attack (something like 300 range? it looks terribly small) when his soldier is not up, but when he summons his soldier, his auto-attack is replaced by the soldier stabbing things and he has no such beam.
    That is my impression both from the description and the video as well. He still does his attack animation but the attack comes from the soldier rather than Azir himself.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news, patch notes are up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...atch-415-notes

I would like everybody to remember that I predicted this exact nerf to Alistar a while ago. Won't terribly affect his support play but was a massive part of why he was so good top lane. Honestly I think it might kill top lane Alistar entirely.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Panth wasn't a dominant laner when you last played, since he's virtually never been popular in that role for a prolonged period of time in modern league history. panth jungle was him finding a place in the popular metagame, not changing his place. there's no disincentive to lane him that exists now that didn't exist earlier. oh, and sorry that your ult is fair now.
    Ult changes are a pretty big disincentive to lane him, honestly. It means you can't roam to go help someone and then jump back to your lane. You can't quickly defend a pushed tower if you died. The best use I've seen for it is being a clean up crew after a big team fight is over. Useful, I guess but not particularly satisfying.

And no, he was never the best laner. He was at his best as a laner, there's a difference. And honestly, I don't remember many people ever complaining that pantheon was ever too strong even when his ult was at it's most powerful. When I left there was even talk about him needing a buff. The ult was considered fair then. As was said, he didn't change (except stunning minions apparently) the game around him did. Which, I missed, sadly. So all I'm seeing is my favorite champion suddenly unable to do the cool things I enjoyed using him for, that never really came across as overpowered anyway. It's a bit annoying, no doubt there were fine reasons for the changes they gave him. But that doesn't change that it's annoying.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

If they don't replace, they at least serve as a major supplement. Seems that most of his auto damage is intended to come from the soldiers - getting AS from CDR is more about twisting the mechanics into a knot than about encouraging him to actually autoattack people. Making soldier attacks an active skill without devoting a skill to soldier attacks means linking their autos to your auto, that means that if you want CDR to work on what is basically your sixth skill (targeted-line like Lucian Q from position of soldier), you need it to give AS.

Also, us this the only champ with effectively six active skills? Form-changers have seven (Gnar, the only one not to devote one skill from both forms to switching, only has an ult in one), Lee also has seven if recasting counts, Rengar has five with his active passive, but this is a new availability-tree.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-08-26 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

correct me if I'm wrong, but the scenario you describe involves two players whose actual skill is meaningfully less than their MMR. those players can expect to lose regardless of whether or not they duo

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Mega Ultra Chicken!

EDIT: Whoever is in charge of designing LoL champions these days has a real unhealthy obsession with walls and blocking enemy moves.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2014-08-26 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    In other news, patch notes are up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...atch-415-notes

I would like everybody to remember that I predicted this exact nerf to Alistar a while ago. Won't terribly affect his support play but was a massive part of why he was so good top lane. Honestly I think it might kill top lane Alistar entirely.
    Well it looks like I'm never going to get a Shyvanna skin, because that is an awesome update.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

*already has all the Shyvana skins*

But I'm going to have to learn how to last-hit with her E all over again. 20 damage why riot T_T

@Winthur: Here's my vain hope that they give the same dash-blocking utility to Anivia, Jarvan and Trundle as well on the patch this guy is released.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-26 at 03:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground

I recently got convinced to try out LoL after much nagging and then complaining on my part that I didnt want to. Well, I felt silly when I finally relented and realised I liked it. I'm on the Oceanic server though which I guess isn't as, um, feisty as the NA servers, or so I've been told.

I've really only done a few bot matches with a partner so far, though I was told I was doing really well as Ahri (with the partner going Nami). I've also tried a few as Soraka which is kinda fun, but I prefer Ahri. I tried out a couple other characters but haven't really liked any of them yet aside from those two.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

@Winthur: Here's my vain hope that they give the same dash-blocking utility to Anivia, Jarvan and Trundle as well on the patch this guy is released.
    They already kinda have that, you just have to time the wall precisely with the dash.

It's been reported to be capable of even stopping Malphite's ultimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

*already has all the Shyvana skins*

But I'm going to have to learn how to last-hit with her E all over again. 20 damage why riot T_T

Plz riot, make my day
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    I recently got convinced to try out LoL after much nagging and then complaining on my part that I didnt want to. Well, I felt silly when I finally relented and realised I liked it. I'm on the Oceanic server though which I guess isn't as, um, feisty as the NA servers, or so I've been told.

I've really only done a few bot matches with a partner so far, though I was told I was doing really well as Ahri (with the partner going Nami). I've also tried a few as Soraka which is kinda fun, but I prefer Ahri. I tried out a couple other characters but haven't really liked any of them yet aside from those two.
    So you've told us you're on the Oceanic server and we know your GitP name. Give us your in-game name and whoever's in control of the OP will add you to the almighty player list.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    So you've told us you're on the Oceanic server and we know your GitP name. Give us your in-game name and whoever's in control of the OP will add you to the almighty player list.
    It's Sajiri

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Firbolg in the Playground

Team Newline practice is in three hours.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    It's Sajiri
    Cool. Once PersonMan sees this, he'll be sure to add you.

Edit: Now download mumble and join in the fun.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-08-26 at 04:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Firbolg in the Playground

Still without LoL-capable internet.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine