New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Roy's Sword and Eugene not showing up since Roy's resurection

One thing that could have happened is similar to what happened to Roy here. Eugene ignored what the Deva was saying and got out of there ASAP.

Peelee’s Lotsey

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    One thing that could have happened is similar to what happened to Roy here. Eugene ignored what the Deva was saying and got out of there ASAP.
    I'm not quite following what you're saying. On the very page you quoted it's shown that Eugene knew what had happened.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    I'm not quite following what you're saying. On the very page you quoted it's shown that Eugene knew what had happened.
    I meant that Eugene would have done something similar to what Roy did in that scene.

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I meant that Eugene would have done something similar to what Roy did in that scene.
    Getting a ride on the resurrection-limo?

Or blowing the Deva off? Roy misunderstood her, thought she was talking about Belkar and figured that stuff takes care of itself. Eugene knows exactly what it's about. See last panel.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Getting a ride on the resurrection-limo?

Or blowing the Deva off? Roy misunderstood her, thought she was talking about Belkar and figured that stuff takes care of itself. Eugene knows exactly what it's about. See last panel.
    Both, in a way. Because Eugene would be getting resurrected, he would be getting on the limo very soon and would be ignoring the Deva similar to how Roy did. The main problem for Roy wasn't that he misunderstood but that he didn't bother to listen and actually hear what she was saying.

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Except Eugene died of old age, and there's no coming back from that. I've no idea where you're taking that idea from, there's nothing at all in the comic to support it. And again. Eugene did listen. He knows what the Deva said. He knows what V did. He didn't care. He burned the report, because he agreed with V and rooted for him.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I think Jaxzan is saying that on the numerous occasions that Eugene died and *was* resurrected, it happened so fast that he possibly went rushing off before the whole Blood Oath thing came up, just as Roy had to rush off before the deva got the chance to inform him of V's actions? What Eugene did with the information given him by the deva isn't actually relevant.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Except Eugene died of old age, and there's no coming back from that. I've no idea where you're taking that idea from, there's nothing at all in the comic to support it. And again. Eugene did listen. He knows what the Deva said. He knows what V did. He didn't care. He burned the report, because he agreed with V and rooted for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think Jaxzan is saying that on the numerous occasions that Eugene died and *was* resurrected, it happened so fast that he possibly went rushing off before the whole Blood Oath thing came up, just as Roy had to rush off before the deva got the chance to inform him of V's actions? What Eugene did with the information given him by the deva isn't actually relevant.
    Yes, what factotum is saying is exactly my point. I don't understand what it was that I was saying that was confusing you.

Peelee’s Lotsey

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yes, what factotum is saying is exactly my point. I don't understand what it was that I was saying that was confusing you.
    Well, you sort of jumped into the topic without announcing what, exactly, he wasn't knowing.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Well, you sort of jumped into the topic without announcing what, exactly, he wasn't knowing.
    Okay, good point. Next time I say something like this I will clarify what "thing" I am referring too.

Peelee’s Lotsey

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

This is one of the most impressive chains of miscommunication I've seen on this board.
    I am: Neutral Good: -2 chaos, -21 evil and 15 balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Kommander View Post
    Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

Tarquin's fatherly love is truly unique... or at least I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.
    Can't find the strip you're looking for? Head on over to OOTS Strip Summaries!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Unlikely. While It is entirely possible to get engrossed in an activity that actually does consume that much time and not notice it (IE Roy playing with the blocks), I think anyone would find it difficult to maintain an argument for a week without making any ground, whether or not the consciously realize it was a week passing.
    Roy's resented his father for at least 18 years, ever since his brother died. Ever since he decided to become a Fighter, he's been putting up with constant condecension and belittling from his father. Not only that, but right before the old man died, he showed up and saddled Roy with a soul-binding oath that Eugene had abandoned years ago. Now Roy's in a position to tell his father exactly what he thinks of him, with no fatigue, no sore throat, not even running out of breath. With all that resentment bottled up, I find it far from unlikely for the argument to last a month, let alone a week.