New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Maj'Oh-No

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Hey, what's a good class for a non-psionic yeek? Their only good stat is Willpower, and of the classes I have that use willpower are the summoner (which gets boring after you get used to watching the Hydra turn all your enemies to paste), the Cursed (who are close-combat with Mindpower support), and Wyrmic (pretty much the same).
    Yeek Oozemancer is pretty good. You get some talents to make you less squishy. Your cooldowns are pretty short so you can take advantage of that global speed boost.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Yeek Oozemancer is pretty good. You get some talents to make you less squishy. Your cooldowns are pretty short so you can take advantage of that global speed boost.
    Oozemancer is just brokenly overpowered in general though, so that doesn't say much about the combination.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Have you picked a fight with Bill yet? He's at the bottom of the trollmire, and while he is a bit nasty Berserkers are among the ones better at fighting him. He also has a decent chance of dropping Bill's Club, which is an amazing item for berserkers.

Also, the game will suggest that you go straight to the Old Forest, Daikara, Sandworm Tunnel, and Maze. This is bad advice, and should be ignored - there are 6 tier 1 dungeons available to Higher non-Archmages (Trollmire, Kor'pul, Norgan's Lair, Heart of the Gloom, Rhaloren Camp, and Scintillating Caverns), all of which should be done first.

Yeah, I plowed through Bill with only a bit of trouble. Between the generic emergency healing skill, my higher healing, and a healing ruin I started with I can survive quite a bit. I do not think I got the club, or if I did I did not realize I could use it and transmorgified it.

Thank you for the tip on dungeons, I have been plowing through the Old forest, though it has not been troublesome so far.

My scariest fight so far was probably with an uber skeleton that popped out of a chest in Kor'pul.

EDIT: Where do I find all these other dungeons? I looked around and cannot find them, or am I just not going far enough?
    Last edited by Yaktan; 2014-11-21 at 09:30 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yaktan View Post
    EDIT: Where do I find all these other dungeons? I looked around and cannot find them, or am I just not going far enough?
    just hit 'z' when you're on the overworld map and you'll go through, looking for them automatically.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yaktan View Post
    ..trimmed for length
    The tier 1 dungeons are all next to the starter towns. Woodelfton is a bit east of Derth in that thick clump of forest; the path is non obvious with the default tiles because it kind of looks like it's impassable. You have to go through it diagonally. Magicelfton is south and a bit west, across the rivers. If you can't find them start new games with a Shalore and a Thalore and step out onto the worldmap.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ah, there they are. Thank you.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    just hit 'z' when you're on the overworld map and you'll go through, looking for them automatically.
    On the other hand, odds are entirely too good that one of the two one entrance dungeons opens up. The assassin's lair (or whatever it's called) is generally manageable for most classes, the other one is ridiculously brutal if it opens too early.

As for finding them, the Old Forest isn't too bad to enter early. The Daikara really is, and I say that as someone who used to routinely hit it at level 8.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

On the other hand, odds are entirely too good that one of the two one entrance dungeons opens up. The assassin's lair (or whatever it's called) is generally manageable for most classes, the other one is ridiculously brutal if it opens too early.
    Unknown Tunnels (the one you called Assassin's Lair) waits until level 8 before appearing and I think it has an upper limit before it won't trigger anymore. Dark Crypt only triggers after level 24, but you're right that it's flippin' terrifying. You could make a case for it being one of the hardest dungeons in the game, I think, and newer players are probably best off skipping it unless they're comfortable with lots of Casters at once.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

On a completely different note, how exactly do rune and infusion saturation work? I was under the impression that they either:
    a) Permanently increased the cooldown of all active runes or infusions.
    b) Permanently increased the cooldown of all runes or infusions including future ones.

Looking it up wasn't particularly revelatory, but it did look like it might not be one of those two things.

-- ChubbyRain

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

On a completely different note, how exactly do rune and infusion saturation work? I was under the impression that they either:
    a) Permanently increased the cooldown of all active runes or infusions.
    b) Permanently increased the cooldown of all runes or infusions including future ones.

Looking it up wasn't particularly revelatory, but it did look like it might not be one of those two things.
    As far as I understand it (and confirmed with some quick testing), Rune/Infusion Saturation increases the cooldown of all runes/infusions WHILE the saturation effect exists, and the saturations stack as you use more runes/infusions. Further, each saturation's durations reset each time you use a rune/infusion.

So, say you use a Regen Infusion. It has base cooldown 10. Now that you've used an infusion, you gain infusion saturation for the next 10 turns and your regeneration infusion is on cooldown for the next 10 turns, and infusion saturation counts up to +1 duration. Then you use a Wild Infusion with 12 base cooldown, which is on cooldown for 13 turns now due to the cooldown increase. The duration of the saturation resets to 11 (because Wild Infusion doesn't take up a turn) and it counts up to +2 duration.

If you keep using infusions, it will continue to count up and reset each time (and in fact, using the starter infusions and carefully waiting until the saturation had 1 turn left before resetting it, I was able to get the cooldown increase up to +11). However, as soon as the infusion saturation effect runs out, the cooldown increase resets to +0.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-11-23 at 12:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly I've been putting way too much effort into not using runes/infusions while saturation is up then. Including a handful of character deaths.

Coming back to the Yeek question, I've had fun with the Anorithil, though there are serious durability problems.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2014-11-23 at 09:09 PM.

-- ChubbyRain

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Bump.

Also, I finally unlocked Marauder. What does everyone think of a build concept wherein you completely ignore cunning, and go for strength, dexterity, and constitution, pouring skill points into non-cunning skills.

On a different Marauder note, how well does double mindblade antimagic Marauder work? It seems potentially entertaining.

-- ChubbyRain

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Can sadly not comment on the Marauder since i newer really played it much myself.

But on a side note i have now had my first victory with my Shaloren Doombring who managed to cut though the endgame like a burning chainsaw though a barrel of butter, only dying to my down carelessness a few times on the way, but now retirering to act as bank and collecter of artifacts
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar