New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVI: We have a space base now!

Ack, sorry. Things getting a little jumbled in there. I thought I'd answered that already.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

I apologize for holding things up, and I consider my grievances currently fully expressed, if not completely settled. No need to hold things up further for now, getting things out eased up my frustrations.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    For Shinji, it is really just a case of there not seeming like there is any real limit on the abilities of the shikigami he can call. Or the spells he can conjure. They are just exactly what he needs, when he needs it. And that is why he comes off as a CoDzilla.

Also yes, after I made a post for Katsuo that I wanted to be an awesome moment, in the course of me going to sleep, there was a whole other half a page of conversation before Katsuo could even blink, and it felt overshadowing. So that was extremely irritating. I know things move fast paced here and sometimes people don't want to wait, but I think a day or so is a decent waiting period before pushing along a fight for consideration to other people, let alone a few hours.

For Setsurou, it was a matter of making Momoka's abilities in line with a limited aspect of illusions, because I know how much people love those, and then Setsurou, again, being infinitely more versatile with it outside of what I actually gleaned from his character sheet.

For Margrave, I'll concede it's not really my place to stir things up more. I just wanted to use it as an example that your characters all have varying degrees of shenanigans that make them feel sort of like you're trying to make them solve the problems of the setting all on their own. They always have a response, they always have something in their bag. I could be perceiving it wrong, but that's how I feel it coming off lately.
    Yeah... summoning-based abilities are tricky like that, I'll admit. Though let me expound on those for a minute.

Some of the shikigami Shinji uses are based on actual shikigami used by onmyouji in other stories. Kin-ki, Fuu-ki and the like. Some of them are variations on elemental demons - like Jack Frost and Pyro Jack. None of them possess abilities that do anything particularly special (Ongyou-ki is a stealthy demon, but it still has a Reiatsu signature by virtue of being a manifestation of power).

Asura is a special case - he's a bona fide primordial demon bound into spiritual servitude (and after a weakening period of hundreds of years). Again, you'll remember: Katsuo was a part of his capture.

The fusion, as well as access to the power of the tail, are both something I've been planning for a while. I even hinted at it when we had the bit of RP about the capture. And in both cases, they are dependant upon terrain access. Back when we had the first Alpha-1 fight, I figured that if he had access to a powerful enough leyline at the time, he could've used it for a superpowered sealing spell. I actually rolled a die on it, but that was background - and had I rolled lower, he wouldn't have cast that spell. When we had the second fight, I thought up the concepts of multiple battlegrounds ready for deployment - depending on how long the chase actually took, they'd have ended up at a place where the leylines were stronger, or weaker. Again, I rolled a die on it. (There was even a chance the leylines would be weak enough Shinji wouldn't be able to pull off the fusion or use the tail no matter how much he WANTED to, and so they'd have to actually KO Alpha-1 and drag her elsewhere to get in her head, if they depended on him for it.)

While Shinji's spells have to undergo a certain formula and limits, the Lady can command the energy more freely within bigger limits. But she needs direct spiritual contact with a leyline to pull off a lot of her shenanigans. Or even to be summoned.

Other than that, his leyline-powered spells are merely bigger in scope. The hurricane? Blast spell. The barrier they're using to fight in? Barrier spell, obviously. The big cut-off to Reishi access back during the Alpha-1 fight? Sealing spell.

Believe it or not, but some of Shinji's CoDzillaing really was nothing more than sheer dumb luck.

On the subject of Katsuo's moment and you going to sleep: I apologized for that one already. So did Dorizzit. In the future, for such fast-paced fights, perhaps we should institute a rule of one action and one reaction per person per "round" to keep things from going TOO crazy. We were obviously all at the computer more or less at the same time back then.

On the subject of Momoka: given we haven't seen her use her Zanpakutou yet, I think it would be perfectly fair to allow you to rewrite the scope of her abilities, or their functions if you so desire.

As for solving all the troubles on their own... There might just be a touch of that mounting frustration coloring your perception. Each of my characters does have a kind of flaw either in their fighting style or their personality for which they try to compensate.

If you want, I can enumerate them for you.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

If you want. Also waiting on Yoshiro and Yuuta's attendant, for the record.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. Pretty sure I posted with the guy already. Let me double-check.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

FWIW, Dorizzit, I'm enjoying the Mindscape sequence, though I suppose we "should" have gone to the belly first to grab the Hollow. Ah well.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    FWIW, Dorizzit, I'm enjoying the Mindscape sequence, though I suppose we "should" have gone to the belly first to grab the Hollow. Ah well.
    According to my original plan, they would have gone directly to Naito's cell and had to round up his powers while being chased by A1, but I realized that wasn't really fair so I decided to plan things out ahead of time and see where they went naturally. Chuck's search ended up being very helpful in this regard.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I've been having a lot of trouble writing for Alpha-1 as my plans have gotten sent farther and farther off the rails.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

I probably have to apologize for that too.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

Only a small part of it. Shinji's actions were largely within the scope of my plans.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

I'm enjoying it too, even though Katsuo is being kind of terse.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

So then who was it that caused your plans to go off the rails Dorrizit?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

You're all welcome for the mental images ensuing from Chouko saying her android crew is 'good with their hands'.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm enjoying it too, even though Katsuo is being kind of terse.
    I think you owe us more terse Katsuo at the moment!

EDIT: You totes did, my bad.

EDIT 2: Okay, so to help understand how I'm envisioning this moving, the group of 4 (Chuck, Katsuo, tigers) is supposed to all move toward where Naito apparently is. Katsuo should get there first and be working on freeing Naito. Just a couple feet behind him should be the tigers, who are a bit back from Chuck, who is sort of the point of the "diamond" opposite Katsuo, and whose attention is focused on Alpha-1. The tigers should hopefully help cover both Katsuo and Chuck.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2014-08-26 at 09:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Well, the battle was a bit rushed compared to what I had planned out, but the biggest difference from my intentions was Katsuo's stalwart refusal to hate Alpha-1. Alpha-1, as a character, is entirely defined by hatred, both her hate and the hate directed at her. Katsuo's pity was a response that she wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with, and that's thrown off her actions and words a lot.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Only a small part of it. Shinji's actions were largely within the scope of my plans.
    I kinda feel like I should work harder to be unpredictable from that statement.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

You're all welcome for the mental images ensuing from Chouko saying her android crew is 'good with their hands'.
    I am somehow, sometime, going to work in a compliment towards someone on skill with Bakudo.

Speaking of, can I just confirm- Recon's pretty dead, isn't it?

So, if I wanted to have a character take up the Captaincy, would anyone object?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

I believe that's been asked already, and the answer was "we prefer to see your character work for it".

With that said, she's in luck. There's technically a LOT that Recon can do right now, so plenty of time for wartime promotions.

And somebody remind me to have Koutarou and Central 46 chat about his de facto promotion to Commander-General once he and Yurius are finished speaking.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Speaking of more mundane matters in Soul Society, there's this post.

Basically, Masaru's goal is twofold.

1.) Try to get balls rolling and backs prodded about general improvements to the lot of things in the Rukon.
    2.) Try to get the Rukon Police (staffed by Pluses) idea rolling, but do so in a way that's entirely above-board and law-abiding, so that Nobles who object to the idea need to do more than just say "I HATE PEASANTS AND WANT THEM LIVING IN ANARCHY AND VIOLENCE". They will need to actually, you know, logically defend their position.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I kinda feel like I should work harder to be unpredictable from that statement.
    Most of my plans within community games like this one are designed so that individual character actions within the available scope of power will have a very difficult time altering them. It's generally based on a flow from point to point based on logical objectives; how those points are reached is generally close to irrelevant.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Sorry. Gah.

Well, at least the character in question's already a seated officer. I think the first thing she gets thrown into might be the 'promote to Vice-Captain' catalyst? Anything in particular she could do in that area?

EDIT: incidentally, Kuroi, are we waiting on Frozen now with the Akiyama scene?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2014-08-26 at 09:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Well, provided Yuina intends to go with her kids to find an attendant, I suppose so. Otherwise they can keep on chatting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuina has nothing to say as of now, so just assume the twins are pushing her around and note it in the narrative if they're going to drop her off at some point.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

'kay, Kuroi, go ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

OK, since there's been no response from Draken regarding the Koutetsu thing, I'll just assume that I'm allowed to go ahead and skip him this time around. I should have a post up some time soon.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Vast glub this.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    To answer Imp's question in the other thread. The Kotetsu noblewoman is sitting back casting and will not react unless her defenders and the IntSec group fail to defend her from the rioters. Just be ready for her aoe to drop.

On a separate note, you had someone go to Russia, right Kuroi? I actually want to drop some cult activity over there, so mind pointing me to the post where you did it?
    I made an answer in this thread, he means. I don't have anything to react in the actual IC. So yes, skip her for now. She is casting, her defenders are defending her. Satoshi has the spotlight until the spotlight turns to green fire.
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-08-27 at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

The questions being asked are actually quite helpful in fleshing out my vision of the Akiyama, incidentally.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Vast glub this.
    ...Either I'm going blind or the Internet gnomes are being trolls again. How did I not see either of these posts when scouring the thread before?

Anyway, I've posted now, so it's your turn, Berry-man.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

And there, background into some of why Katsuo is so nice.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-1
    "No. I really, really can't."
    Where are Mikael and Chouko when you'd really need them? XD
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd crack Nanoha jokes about Friendship Through Sufficient Firepower if Alpha-1 hadn't kept kicking Naito the dog.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.