New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVI: We have a space base now!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ......Yeah, looking at that debate above I think I figured out the reason I'm hesitant to get back into the spiritual world side of things. There are just way to many politics for me. I'm not good at politics nor do I have the mind to try to rewrite an entire society. I just don't like the whole set up really. It's kind of like Game of Thrones in a way with a little less character death. Fun to watch maybe but I would never want to play a character in it.
    Honestly, I came up with an idea of "how to make the Rukon better" that felt more realistic and tangible than "throw money at it".

But others decided it needed friction or to be contested or something, so here we are.

At this point, both I and my character only care about "politics" to the extent of "how does it interact with my philanthropic plans".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ......Yeah, looking at that debate above I think I figured out the reason I'm hesitant to get back into the spiritual world side of things. There are just way to many politics for me. I'm not good at politics nor do I have the mind to try to rewrite an entire society. I just don't like the whole set up really. It's kind of like Game of Thrones in a way with a little less character death. Fun to watch maybe but I would never want to play a character in it.
    Focus on playing Tamaki, then. He kind of has Mikael's ball, and I don't want you to drop it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Focus on playing Tamaki, then. He kind of has Mikael's ball, and I don't want you to drop it.
    ...you have no freaking idea what my mind does to that sentence without proper context.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I do. I have more double entendres in store for Mikael and Tamaki.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

There's actually a bit more going on with the twins than I've indicated. Hinata, in particular, is a creature of habit, and with all these changes jumping on her at once...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

There are any number of these pictures on the internet, I'm going to go with the classy one to express how Momoka is feeling right now.

My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I just realized I never wrote up a revised entry for the Second District. I will attempt to correct this soonish.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    There are any number of these pictures on the internet, I'm going to go with the classy one to express how Momoka is feeling right now.

Perfection.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Perfection.
    *offers Setsurou a gun to shoot his other foot with*
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Who am I holding back?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Dunno. I'm waiting for Mahonri Violinist to react with Caeyrn before continuing with Niklaus.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

So. We're waiting on a conclusion to the Alpha-1 fight, or at least I am.

*pokes Dorizzit*
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Same here since being of the outside and all Tamaki really can't do that much with Alpha-1 being able to negate one of his strongest attacks. So he's kinda just letting Super Shiki do his thing. It seems like his role in this battle is mostly over.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Had some internet troubles, and I won't say "they should be over now" because I'm not into taunting Murphy.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right then, a few different things to talk about.

Spoiler: Regarding Characters Waiting On Others Or Whatnot
    Show
    -Chuck is, as with others, waiting on Dorizzit to continue the Alpha-1 fight before he can move on to other stuff.
    -Turiel is waiting on Quidel, but that's not a big deal since he's more of a "facilitator" character in my mind.
    -Thomas is waiting in the wings to be creepy and bug-like and stuff when the time comes.
    -Masaru's waiting on responses from the Divisions who aren't Engineering that he sent letters to.

Spoiler: Regarding Plot Progression Beyond Alpha-1 Fight
    Show
    -So, we're wrapping up the Quincy War soonish, right?
    --@Frozen, is that something that's fallen to you, or is Tebryn still around, or what?
    -Are we tackling the Cult after the Quincy?
    -Is Mikael then the Real End Boss?
    -Seriously I like RPing and stuff but a verifiable End Goal is a Good Thing.

Spoiler: Regarding the Efforts in the Rukon
    Show
    Basically, the key question here is, how successful do people want this thing to be?
    I think different people have different ideas.

I think a handy way to determine the general consensus is a sort of poll.
    Basically, rank how successful you want the efforts to be, on a scale of 1 to 10.
    1 is "FAIL SO TERRIBLY THEY CURSE YOUR NAME FOR A LONG TIME".
    10 is "YOU MAKE EVERYTHING PERFECT AND LIKE NIRVANA".
    5 is "things stay mostly the same, pretty stable, maybe a bit better.

Personally I'd like somewhere between 8 and 9 on that scale.

But if we determine where we want to end up, we can determine the necessary steps to get there.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Right. I'm owing you two separate replies on that front.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Right then, a few different things to talk about.

Spoiler: Regarding Characters Waiting On Others Or Whatnot
    Show
    -Chuck is, as with others, waiting on Dorizzit to continue the Alpha-1 fight before he can move on to other stuff.
    -Turiel is waiting on Quidel, but that's not a big deal since he's more of a "facilitator" character in my mind.
    -Thomas is waiting in the wings to be creepy and bug-like and stuff when the time comes.
    -Masaru's waiting on responses from the Divisions who aren't Engineering that he sent letters to.

Spoiler: Regarding Plot Progression Beyond Alpha-1 Fight
    Show
    -So, we're wrapping up the Quincy War soonish, right?
    --@Frozen, is that something that's fallen to you, or is Tebryn still around, or what?
    -Are we tackling the Cult after the Quincy?
    -Is Mikael then the Real End Boss?
    -Seriously I like RPing and stuff but a verifiable End Goal is a Good Thing.

Show
    Basically, the key question here is, how successful do people want this thing to be?

Basically, rank how successful you want the efforts to be, on a scale of 1 to 10.

But if we determine where we want to end up, we can determine the necessary steps to get there.
    I've phase in and out and kept up to date on the OOC thread but if Frozen wants to end it, I don't really think I have the right to man it since I haven't posted or really kept up with the game due to moving, work and other excuses that really don't matter. But I think we can call a spade a spade and just admit that I'm dropping out.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2014-09-05 at 09:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Show

I can't give a simple number answer to that.

Also, I thought Alpha-1 was going to be the... like, start of the Quincy war? At least onscreen.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-09-05 at 09:27 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

I can't give a simple number answer to that.

Also, I thought Alpha-1 was going to be the... like, start of the Quincy war? At least onscreen.
    Yeah, as much as Shinji would love to, things still have room to get MUCH uglier before they get better.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

I apologize for my recent absence, a situation came up preventing my access to the internet through a computer. I now have access again. I should have a response up tomorrow.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Regarding the Rukon situation, I think a solid 7 is in order.

Masaru should, in fact, be allowed - encouraged, even - to improve the situation of Rukon. (As I previously mentioned, not doing that is treason by omission. ) But between the recent upheaval and the amount of studying he needs to catch up with, the changes of Rukon will take centuries to be fully felt and appreciated, assuming he even lives that long and the Nobles play nice.

Again, changing the law sets a dangerous precedent of allowing one Noble House to use Rukon citizens as pawns against another, so it's not in their best interest to do that either. And Masaru would be fighting an uphill battle either way, because all it takes is one uppity member of the upper class.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, as much as Shinji would love to, things still have room to get MUCH uglier before they get better.
    My apologies, this was a combination of confusion on my part, and honestly not having a good grasp of what all that plot entails.

That, and just trying to keep things moving.
    Regarding the Rukon situation, I think a solid 7 is in order.

Masaru should, in fact, be allowed - encouraged, even - to improve the situation of Rukon. (As I previously mentioned, not doing that is treason by omission. ) But between the recent upheaval and the amount of studying he needs to catch up with, the changes of Rukon will take centuries to be fully felt and appreciated, assuming he even lives that long and the Nobles play nice.

Again, changing the law sets a dangerous precedent of allowing one Noble House to use Rukon citizens as pawns against another, so it's not in their best interest to do that either. And Masaru would be fighting an uphill battle either way, because all it takes is one uppity member of the upper class.
    Oh, yeah, I'm talking long-term success, for sure.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

In order for the situation to keep evolving in the right direction, Masaru's going to need to groom a successor.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Regarding the Quincy: There are actually two major Quincy conflicts and four sides in their war, and it is not guaranteed their solutions will overlap.

For the record, I'll be taking over ZHE, as Niklaus is/was Hein's right hand man. At this moment, the remaining ZHE characters are limited to Niklaus, Kummerows and maybe Caeyrn. Who they end up fighting and why is up in the air.

I do not count the Moto to be part of the ZHE, even if they are nominally allied. The fight against the Moto is in the hands of strawberry's characters, the Kuzunoha, and whoever they think to ask for help.

At this point, I'd say the climax of the Quincy War you want to be building for is the assassination of Moto Yui and avenging the Akiyama clan. The wider conflict with ZHE is more of a background thing.

Regarding Mikael: I can honestly not say at this point when and how Mikael will re-enter the game. So much depends on what Animekid does. Tamaki has Mikael by the ball, you see.

I'll have to say that I don't think he'll be *the* end boss. That spot will at this point likely go to Von Geister. Mikael could become a Bonus Boss, a McGuffin, a Person of Plot Advancement or he might even side with the heroes. I don't know. It depends on what other characters will do.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

I'm kinda wondering what would happen if certain characters got a taste of Koutarou's Bankai. We could use some test subjects.

EDIT: Draken, waiting for you to reply against Ryouma.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-09-06 at 02:33 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

My shinigami character doesn't have Bankai, so...I don't know.

Is someone still waiting for me, by the way?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

We're both waiting for Kuroi, I'd say.

Also, Dorizzit and Kuroi, is the scene with Jehoel and Koutarou going to go somewhere? Or are you going to leave us guessing?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

What are you waiting on me for? I replied with Margrave already.

And yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Though I understand that was overshadowed by the Alpha-1 fight.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

The last posts in the Mortal World are by me and MV. You have not reacted to either of them. Either your post was eaten by grue, or you failed to make it in the first place.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Gonna go with eaten by grue, here.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show