New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Throes of Darkness's Demise

Mr. Ultros: (directed to Ricard) you would do well to watch yourself the same friend Ricard. because from what I have gathered that Quag is a she, unless I am mistaken, and a blue mage to boot. speaking of introductions I go by the name Ultros at this time pleased to make your aquaintance.
    Mr. Typhon: Fugwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Mr. Ultros: (jumps a little then speaks): oh right. and this mechanical monstrosity is Typhon, Mr. Typhon. He is quite stupid so in battle try not to let me fall otherwise don't count on his help.
    Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2014-09-29 at 02:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey took a step back as she nodded, then shook, then nodded her head; her tongue flailing every direction. With a smile she finally said "Quag Quey qu. Is like both almost! Is blue mage though. Can learn chocobo?" She seemed to think for a long moment on if she could learn anything from the chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

He turned to Ultros. "Wonderful to meet you good sir. And you as well Mr. Typhon. Quag, I'm not sure if you can learn anything from him but please do be careful. Chocobo's have been known to poke eyes out. Also, I suggest we, since we are a small group, should get together to talk strategy. And what we all think we will find." He turned his head back to Sharpbeak and rubbed his neck to calm him down. "Captain, I'll get my stuff stashed, but do we have an ETA?"

4. - Top - End - #34

Ultros: (to the captain) by ETA, he means estimated time of arrival just in case you were not aware.
    (to Ricard)
    A strategy meeting would be a good idea, as far as things go for me I am best deployed in the back seeing as I am most skilled with a crossbow and I have these fun turrets I put together, I can try to explain in more detail later. Mr. Typhon is best up front because he is big and large and just plain old distracting.
    Mr. Typhon: Fugwaah!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey paused and seemed to think for a while before answering. Finally he said "Quag Quey help everywhere! Can smash, can hurt, can heal. Magic first, then smash Quag Quey think." He looked about for some way to show off his talents and settled on shrugging, adding "Will show later."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

The captain scratches his head. "Weird, felt a... ripple or something just then. Never mind. ALLLLLLLL ABOAAAAAAARD!" He marches up the gangplank, with all of you following in his tracks. After showing you below decks to your cabins, with, as he says "Bird boy in one, the weirdos in the other." He moves back to the helm, taking the ship out of port. In order to maintain speed, you have brought with you several shamans of the Undine tribe, allowing the ship to move without wind, and keep the seas calm. The city vanishes into the distance, and the three masted ship moves swiftly into the night. When the moon hits apogee, the captain calls you three up from your cabins, and sets out the map from before, showing you the progress you're making. "We're only a day away, and if we hit no problems, we'll find the ghost ship 4 hours before it dissapears. So, you'll have 4ish hours to get on, find something, and get off, otherwise you'll vanish with the ship. All I know is what the elders told me: The captain of the ghost ship left a few notes in his journal, as recorded by Carly, the great sage of old. Maybe you could find that?"
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

7. - Top - End - #37

Ultros: Then the first place we should check is the captains cabin. Otherwise we should stay armed and be careful. It should be fairly obvious that whatever is on the ship is, most likely, not friendly.

Mr: Typhon: Fugwah.

Ultros: (mentally: still not fixed? I am an utter failure at this...)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

"Cabin yes, Though it might be better if you look for stuff there. I'm better at fighting things. But...Well I can always check the rest of the ship." He toyed with the Lance he had as he thought.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey nodded at the mission and plan. She said "Plan good. Stay together though! Can't heal if hurt." with some concern for her new teammates. If there's nothing else then she tumbled out of the room and set up at the bow of the ship, tongue trailing behind her as they sped along.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

As night rolls in on the first day at sea, the water remains calm, with only a few clouds blowing in from the east. You can see land off in the distance, but no distinguishable features attract your attention. As your eyes wander along, those of you awake just stare out at the water. (Perception check)

11. - Top - End - #41

1d20 => 12 +8 =20

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey licked at the air as he lounged on the deck in an out of the way spot, relaxing until the big feast.

(1d20+6)[10]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

With a frown, Quag Quey plopped down to the deck of the ship and called out "Is too dark to see! Only smell sea!" She then chuckled at her rhyme and rolled away to some place where she could lounge out of the way.

14. - Top - End - #44

Ultros: hmmmmm could be a storm but hard to tell. I suppose the lookout of the ship has already spotted it. I think I will go secure my possessions that I won't need then, just in case.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Starwarskyfan isn't responding, I'll just move on til xhe returns.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, the watches switching, each of you getting enough rest to constitute a good night's sleep. When the sun rises, those who were sleeping here the captain call you out on deck, letting you know you have 13 hours til the ship makes contact with the Ghost Ship, or so he hopes. "Just remember, the monsters on the ship have an affinity for Shade, or darkness. If you have any items or abilities that are light or Wisp based, keep them ready. In case you don't, take this, each of you." He hands each of you one statue of a small fireball looking figure, but with two small eyes near the middle of flame. "These statues of wisps will enchant your weapons with the energy of Light, giving you the edge you might need in the times to come. They don't last forever, so be careful."

(You each have one 'Enchanting Statue of Wisp'
    Level 5
    Gives current weapon a +1 bonus, or increases the current weapon bonus by 1 to a maximum 5.
    Also gives the weapon the Light affinity, causing any damage it deals to be Light based. This means that any enemies that you hit that are Dark affinity take a bonus 1d6 damage, while Light based enemies are healed instead of taking damage. This lasts for 8 rounds.)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'M SORRY GUYS...MIDTERMS CAME UP AND THEN PROJECTS AND, AND...yeah...and does the statue stack on other materia types? My lance has +1 wind damage sooo. Or did i have to activate it? I forgot.

Ricard was dead asleep the entire night, and only woke up when the captain called. He stumbled out, clearly not a morning person. 13 hours...And he wouldn't be able to fall asleep for at least 15. He sighed. "Then I might need someone's help with my armor. I got some darkness materia on that and wind on my lance. So yeah might need some help there. Never been one for magic..." He trailed off and rubbed his head. "Where's the food?" He had finally woken up enough to appear alert and was now on a mission. One pain fully obvious to those who had good ears.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by starwarstrekfan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'M SORRY GUYS...MIDTERMS CAME UP AND THEN PROJECTS AND, AND...yeah...and does the statue stack on other materia types? My lance has +1 wind damage sooo. Or did i have to activate it? I forgot.

Ricard was dead asleep the entire night, and only woke up when the captain called. He stumbled out, clearly not a morning person. 13 hours...And he wouldn't be able to fall asleep for at least 15. He sighed. "Then I might need someone's help with my armor. I got some darkness materia on that and wind on my lance. So yeah might need some help there. Never been one for magic..." He trailed off and rubbed his head. "Where's the food?" He had finally woken up enough to appear alert and was now on a mission. One pain fully obvious to those who had good ears.
    The captain chuckles. "Your armor of darkness will help you out. And the materia in your lance won't affect the statues any. If anything, it'll make it deal even more damage. And food's on main deck. Take it slow, mate. You've got 7 hours."

18. - Top - End - #48

Ultros: speaking of materia.... I should attune mine. I think some holy materia, especially attached to my ranged, weapon should be a help. Hmmmmm.... but where is my spanner?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey blinked at mention of food and immediately began to salivate. He took the statue and appeared in deep thought for a minute before he stowed it, deciding it wasn't the aforementioned food. He smiled at the knight and bellowed "Quag Quey help! Sleep in armor, is ready to eat and fight already. After armor then eat!" He moved to aid Ricard in whatever way was needed.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Ricard chuckles and lazily salutes the captain. "No worries sir, i have yet to find a meal that i couldn't handle." He nodded at Quag "Food, then armor. For one can't work on an empty stomach." He headed off for the kitchens, grabbing a couple of rolls and a slab of salted meat. Then he retreated to the stable areas where Sharpbeak sat impatiently. He patted His chocobo's head and got to work eating and quizing Quag about how to activate materia. He hadn't used it much, and when he did, he still didn't get it.

21. - Top - End - #51

Ultros comes in for food looking a little ragged but with his spanner.
    Ultros: Morning laddies and ladies. I hear that someone needs a lesson in materia attunement? I think I can help with that or at least I can explain what has to be done.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Her stomach was all the answer she needed. Quag Quey ate a hearty breakfast which included what attempts the crew made to make it civilized with things like silverware and plates and what parts were less desirable by the crew. She made a note to give her compliments to the chef after she helped get the armor on.

She pointed her tongue at Ultros and said "He better. Quag Quey just close eyes. Powers from creatures; think of skeleton and drain marrow. Maybe learn power from chocobo?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

As you all prepare for the departure, night swiftly falls. At the allotted time, a thick fog starts gathering around the boat, even though there's nary a cloud in the sky. The Captain signals for everyone to be quiet, then slowly, the water elementalists turn the boat so it's pointing north. A few minutes pass, and the fog finally blocks out all sight beyond it, and yet there's still an eery light emanating from the fog, allowing all on board vision. From the waters, a creaking noise can be heard, getting closer, the waves from the water being pushed back by something nearby. Looking around, you still see nothing, til one of the crew members gasps loudly, and everyone turns to him. Broadside to the ship, the ghost ship slowly moves, the sails torn, no crew in sight, the masts cracked, the boat itself dotted with broken boards. The captain turns to you all, and nods, motioning for you all to go quickly.

24. - Top - End - #54

I ready my heavy crossbow and load it (mentally commanding Mr. Typhon to follow me) after making sure the others are ready to go.
    Ultros: well it is now or never. Let's get on with the show.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey sniffed the air and started salivating at the new sensations. He whispered excitedly "Is fun time? Quag Quey never eat before!" He moved to the rail and awaited impatiently for impact time.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

A gangplank descends onto your ship, and a soft voice floats through the air, "All aboard..."

27. - Top - End - #57

Ultros: you hear that? Sounds like we are expected. Welp time is wasting let's get on. (he keeps his (heavy) crossbow ready as he let's Mr. Typhon go first then follows after.)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

With a big grin Quag Quey rolled on after Ultros. She paused on the other ship and sniffed the air for smells of home amongst the new scents of a ghost ship. She made a note of the location if she noticed the faintest smell.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Crossing the gangplank is easier than you remember. However, as soon as you cross, the gangplank vanishes, and the ghost ship starts pulling forward across the waters, away from your ship. The captain shouts out to you, but then a thick wall of fog forces itself between the two ships, and you pull swiftly out of sight and sound. A small sound echoes across the deck, but it's indistinct from the creaks of the boat, while the slapping of the water gently washes across the bow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (From now on, if you want to make a check, please do so when appropriate, I'll only prompt you when you need to make one to 1) not die or 2) get killed)

30. - Top - End - #60

Ultros (laughing) : I had a feeling something this would happen. well nothing left to do but to familiarize ourselves with the ship and wait to find out what our host has in store for us.

Mr. Typhon: fugwah......:(

(perception check for things of interest 1D20+8 => 27)
    Ultros looks warily about for threats and for anything that might be of interest