New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Throes of Darkness's Demise

Ultros looks around, and notices a doorway in the cabinhouse to the right, a set of stairs illuminated by a white-blue light, the source hidden from view by the turn in the staircase. As he turns towards the bow, he sees a figure in a blue shirt, white pantaloons, with wooden clogs, fair skin, and wheat colored hair. THe figure turns towards you, looks taken aback, then vanishes.
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey paused on the ship and sniffed the air. He looked around with Ultros and whispered excitedly "Maybe has food!? We check?"

(1d20+6)[15] Perception

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Quag Quey paused on the ship and sniffed the air. He looked around with Ultros and whispered excitedly "Maybe has food!? We check?"

[roll0] Perception
    Quag Quey sniffs the air, not noting anything yummy within range of scent. He sees the light on the stairs, but nothing else.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Ultros: I suppose there is nothing for it we will have to go inside at some point. Keep your eyes open for traps.
    (Ultros cautiously approaches the staircase ordering, mentally, Mr. Typhon to go in front)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

With no attempt to hide her disappointment, Quag Quey nodded her head. She said "No food here anyway." With a slight push she put herself in between Typhon and Ultros.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

You descend down the stairs into the hold, and as you move into the well, the door at the top shuts softly, blocking out a gust of wind that started as soon as you entered. Once in the hold, you find yourself in a hallway, where there are two doors on the wall to your right, while the left simply has moonlight pouring in from the portholes. The interior shows nowhere near the sign of decay from the outside of the ship. At the end of the hallway is another staircase, which has the same blue light as the staircase you are currently standing in. On the first door, there is a piece of paper with writing on it.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey gently pushed his way past Typhon and sniffed the air as he walked to the other stairs. To the others he whispered "Paper no look like recipe. Quag Quey not interested. Is for one of you." and took up a position of vigil next to the other stairs with tongue licking the air trying to get some satisfaction from this senseless place.

8. - Top - End - #68

Ultros quietly orders Mr. Typhon to guard (Ultros) then approaches the piece of paper keeping his eyes alert for other unwelcome surprises.
    Ultros (To Quag Quey quietly):I will have look.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for taking so long to respond but I have hit finals so I will be a little busy for another week. I will try to keep checking in.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quag Quey gently pushed his way past Typhon and sniffed the air as he walked to the other stairs. To the others he whispered "Paper no look like recipe. Quag Quey not interested. Is for one of you." and took up a position of vigil next to the other stairs with tongue licking the air trying to get some satisfaction from this senseless place.
    The stairs give off no immanent threat, nor do they pique any kind of interest beyond their ability to transport you up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fantasy View Post
    Ultros quietly orders Mr. Typhon to guard (Ultros) then approaches the piece of paper keeping his eyes alert for other unwelcome surprises.
    Ultros (To Quag Quey quietly):I will have look.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for taking so long to respond but I have hit finals so I will be a little busy for another week. I will try to keep checking in.
    The paper reads in Common: Book of Blood, Book of Death, Book of Curses, Book of Death.
    Upon completing the final line, a freezing chill spikes up your spine. (Please both of you make perception checks.)

10. - Top - End - #70

Ultros readies himself for trouble because a note like this means nothing good: he looks around (behind, sides and above and below) while keeping an eye on the door. 1D20+8 => 10 (however his nerves seem to have impaired his detection skills)
    Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2014-12-13 at 08:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey shivered from the touch and tasted the air for the culprit. If it was relatively safe still then she rolled right into the second room in an attempt to break down the door.

(1d20+6)[9] Perception!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fantasy View Post
    Ultros readies himself for trouble because a note like this means nothing good: he looks around (behind, sides and above and below) while keeping an eye on the door. 1D20+8 => 10 (however his nerves seem to have impaired his detection skills)
    Quag Quey shivered from the touch and tasted the air for the culprit. If it was relatively safe still then she rolled right into the second room in an attempt to break down the door.

[roll0] Perception!
    Your skin still crawls, but neither of you see anything...
    until Quag Quey is sent sprawling by a luminescent claw that appears feet from the door she attempted to break open (Bull Rush attempt 22). Ultros on the other hand, grunts in pain as another luminescent claw rises from the ground, scratching his thigh (Flatfooted attack: 15 = 2 damage(Minimum)). When you've gathered your wits, you see two spectral shapes, both of them emitting a soft white light, with one red eye from where you guess their heads could be located. A single clawed hand made of the same material seems to float independent of the body, but it doesn't appear to extend beyond a foot or so of the main body.

(Roll initiative.)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quag Quey yelled out "Is here to feed?" and lashed out with his tongue in an attempt to grapple the spectral being. As his tongue lashed out he mumbled more to himself "Ith hath pecial?" and attempted to get the creature to use any abilities he himself didn't possess yet.
    Spoiler: Mechanical Tomfoolery
    Show

Standard to use Grasping Tongue (1d20+9)[20] vs CMD
    Swift to Scan vs DC 18
    Move to Invoke vs DC 18

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Quag Quey yelled out "Is here to feed?" and lashed out with his tongue in an attempt to grapple the spectral being. As his tongue lashed out he mumbled more to himself "Ith hath pecial?" and attempted to get the creature to use any abilities he himself didn't possess yet.
    Spoiler: Mechanical Tomfoolery
    Show

Standard to use Grasping Tongue [roll0] vs CMD
    Swift to Scan vs DC 18
    Move to Invoke vs DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show

Success on Grasping Tongue
    Success on Scan
    Success on Invoke

You reach out with your tongue, attempting to grapple it, and you succeed in surrounding the body with your tongue, but your tongue phases through it, as if it wasn't there. Your eyes quickly move over the thing's body, and you realize it knows something related to it's form, and the image of a tongue quickly stealing a foe's movement builds in your mind. Commanding the creature to act, the creature quickly licks you back, it's tongue grazing your whole front, not exampling the true effects.
    Spoiler
    Show

Reaction to Invoke: 19 vs CMD fails