New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default polymorp into pun-pun

I heard that any 17th wizard can became a pun-pun (by a lot of cheese) if they want to. is that true?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: polymorp into pun-pun

Quote Originally Posted by With a box View Post
    I heard that any 17th wizard can became a pun-pun (by a lot of cheese) if they want to. is that true?
    the level of cheese is only slightly less the the cheese required to become pun pun at level 1. You are casting the spell instead of using an item to cast the spell.
    I reserve the right to be wrong and will use that right whenever it happens

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

if i am correct, pun-puns hit dice are within the limit of shapechange. so rather than shenanigans, could he just not shapechange into pun-pun himself?

edit - forgot, no uniques
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2014-08-22 at 06:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

There are a lot of ways to achieve pun-pun at wiz17. Gate being the same thing as the lv1 kobold paladin, then there's ice assassin and a whole lot of others I have no idea about

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by With a box View Post
    The Pun-Pun trick is just "shapechange into a sarrukh". Lv17 wizard was the first build, then came attempts to do it faster.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    The Pun-Pun trick is just "shapechange into a sarrukh". Lv17 wizard was the first build, then came attempts to do it faster.
    I thought the history was the originator of the idea finding the ability, then doing it with a kobold psion? I mean I suppose he could've had a simpler first model, but that wasn't the version I was told.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe the first method to be called Pun-Pun was Caelic's Divine Minion Kobold Wizard 1/MoMF 3.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, I'm pretty sure the first one was the Wizard 17 route, because the trick for arbitrarily high stats require some familiar abuse (something to do with the fact the Manipulate Form ability can't make stats higher than the user of the ability, so some sort of loop is required).
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

There is a bit of history here and here. I don't know what 1d4chan is so I can't speak to it's veracity. I thought the links might be helpful though.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Benjamin Franklin

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall