Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default West Private combat Rankings-Door 2

IC Thread
    The Combat Cell
    Scene Aspects:
    Concrete Walls, Annoyed Referee

The room you’re entering is a 50ft by 50ft cube, made entirely out of concrete. It’s a sparse room, with no symbols or signs around. Before you can wonder how to know when you will start, an announcer voice begins speaking.
    “Combatants,” It’s Professor Ellis’ voice. “please take your-“ He’s interrupted however, by the sound of…an electric guitar?

The music seems to be coming from everywhere. Turning to your right, you can see Alex rocking out on the air guitar. He’s shaking his head as he jumps on the ground.

“Turn down that racket!” There is a pause, and the music dims down. Alex looks put down upon. There is small muttering from above, “Oh my god, I’ve turned into my father…” Then a cough.

“Head to your positions.” Glancing at the floor, you see two marks on the floor, each about 10 ft from the opposing wall.

“On the count of 3, feel free to beat the crap out of each other, or whatever, I don’t know.” Alex glances upwards,

“Can I put my music back on?”

“I don’t care, do what you like. It’s not my face in danger of being broken in there.” Alex smiles, and the music starts playing from nowhere.

He doesn’t seem to notice when Ellis states,

“3, 2, 1, Fight!”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Alex is trying to create the scene aspect/advantage, Pounding Music. His Flashy is +3, up against a difficulty of +0.
    4d3-8 → [2,2,1,2,-8] = (-1)
    He creates the aspect ‘Pounding Music’ and gets one free invoke.
    Your action.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: West Private combat Rankings-Door 2

"I wont take the easy way, Never have never will!"
    Rayne takes the hard way not using his power. Rayne hasnt had practice in hitting places that arent vital so he takes the hard way. OOC Can i get a fate point for that.

Rayne sprints forward closing the distance.
    Rayne carefully +3 attacks his opponent not using his ability performing a blast double stunning his opponent. (A wrestling move that involves a head butt to the stomach and brings oponent down to the ground)
    Rolled a 5 including his clever 3

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Reaction
    Show
    Alex uses Forceful +2 to defend, representing trying to take the blow.
    4d3-8 → [1,2,3,1,-8] = (-1) so the total is +1.
    He'll take a mild consequence, Bruised Ribs and ticks his 2nd stress box.

Alex tries to withstand the blow, but you momentum is enough to topple him, causing him to groan in pain. He flicked his fingers near your ears. Suddenly, the rock music which had been playing in the background, suddenly began overpowering in your ears.

Show
    Alex Forcefully attacks at +2, using sound waves right at your head. He has a stunt which activates now:
    Rock On! When I forcefully attack with Sound waves when the Music is Pounding, I gain a +2 to Forceful.
    So now a +4.
    4d3-8 → [3,2,2,3,-8] = (2) So the total is +6.

Aspects:
    Scene Aspects: Concrete Walls; Annoyned Referee, Pounding Music
    Consequences: Alex Bruised Ribs [You have one free invoke]

GM Fate pool: 1

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Reaction-Rayne flashily defends Alex's sonic blast by trying to not flinch. I rolled a 6 including my flashy +2.
    Before he does the next thing Rayne says "No hard feelings?"
    Action-Rayne goes for an arm bar if he succeeds he breaks your arm. Careful +3 not using his power and not taking any chances with blunt force trama. I roll a total of 3 :/.(+3s already in it)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salaya View Post
    Reaction-Rayne flashily defends Alex's sonic blast by trying to not flinch. I rolled a 6 including my flashy +2.
    Before he does the next thing Rayne says "No hard feelings?"
    Action-Rayne goes for an arm bar if he succeeds he breaks your arm. Careful +3 not using his power and not taking any chances with blunt force trama. I roll a total of 3 :/.(+3s already in it)
    Spoiler: Question
    Show
    Is this an attack or are you trying to create an advantage 'Broken arm'? Either is acceptable-if your attack forces a consequence, I'll make it broken arm since it fits the narrative.

Alex screams, as he tries to struggle out of your hold. Your head is still ringing from the sonic attack, causing your hold not to be as strong as it could have been.

Spoiler: Response
    Show
    You tied, which means the attack didn't inflict stress, but he did get a boost. I'm calling the boost 'Head still ringing'. He's trying to forcefully defend himself from your attack/create advantage at +2.
    4d3-8 → [1,2,1,1,-8] = (-3)
    Alright, he spends his boost, head ringing to reroll that.
    4d3-8 → [2,2,2,2,-8] = (0)
    So +2 to defend. A fail, which means (depending which action you mean) you either create an advantage 'Broken arm' with one free invoke, or your attack succeeds, dealing one shift of damage. in the future, please state whether your attacking, or creating an advantage.

Let me know which one it is, then I will post my action.

OOC: Also did you take the fate point from before, for the compel? If so, are you at 4 fatepoints, otherwise your at 3.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-08-24 at 09:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC:I took the fate point. And it was an action.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:I took the fate point. And it was an action.
    Spoiler: Huh?
    Show
    Create an advantage and Attack are both actions. Which was it, an attack or a create an advantage?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sorry i meant attack

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Concede
    Show
    Alright. Alex concedes, so he loses the match, and a medic is called. The GM pool gets 2 fate points- 1 for conceding, and 1 for the consequence Alex took in the fight. GM fate pool=3

There is a twist and a sharp scream from Alex, as you feel the bone break.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Alex announces.

"Alex Schrader has conceded. Rayne Floyd step away from your opponent." The door slides open, and a student in a grey uniform with blue-green hair walks in quickly, kneeling next to Alex. He unscrews open an evian bottle.

"It's alright kid, I've got you." He gently touches Alex's broken arm. He looks up at you, his eyes glowing cerulean blue. "It's a clean break. Nice work. Much easier to fix then when the bones are ground to dust." He glances behind him. "You should head out now, and relax at the lounge while you still can. Your next match could be any minute now." some water flows out of his water bottle, glowing as it touches Alex's arm.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rayne goes for a fist pound(other arm). "We good bro?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex looks up from wincing and smirks. "Hey you just caught me off guard." He returns the fist bump. "But you gotta teach me those judo moves later. Might be the only thing that'll keep me from being dropped from the program." He chuckled sarcastically. "This must be the fastest loss ever."

"Actually your third fastest loss. Two guys finished their's already and are in the lounge. Matt and Herb I think. Their opponents were not as in good a shape as you." the student healer notes as continues healing.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I guess its time to actually use my ability now!..... No offense. See ya around" Rayne walks out of the room
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-24 at 10:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Checkout IC thread.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rayne walks in and says "good luck Herb"!
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-25 at 06:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Herb smiled and nodded. He took off his glasses and put them in his pocket. Then his eyes glinted with green light. Suddenly his whole body glowed a bright green. In a moment, he had shifted into a huge tree person.
    Spoiler: Herb's Shifted form
    Show

Herb smiled in his new form. "I don't think jujitsu alone will suffice against me." His voice is deeper, and there is a rustle in his throat with every word.

Show
    Your up first. Any stress you took in the last match is gone. What's your current Fate pool?

Scene Aspects:
    Concrete Walls, Unseen Referee

GM Fatepool: 3
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-08-25 at 07:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fatepool:4
    Rayne says "yay I don't have too hold back"
    Rayne's eye's starts too glow red.
    Rayne carefully +3 releases two lasers mid torso
    I rolled and got a total of 2

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Resist roll
    Show
    Ok, so your total is 2.
    Rolling against that with Forceful +2, taking the attack on the bark.
    4d3-8 → [1,3,3,2,-8] = (1)Total 3, attack failed.

Your blast sparks on the wood, causing it to go slightly red, before the heat dyes down. Herb nods.

"Not quite kindling wood boy scout." He raised his arms at you. Suddenly vines come shooting out, trying to grab and squeeze you.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Trying to create an advantage on you, "Bound in vines", with forceful +2. Also has a stunt that's applicable:
    Binding vines. I gain a +2 when I forcefully create an advantage to bind or limit my opponent with my Binding Vines.
    So +4 to roll.
    4d3-8 → [3,3,3,1,-8] = (2) Total is +6. What's your reaction?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I rolled with clever +2 got 4 in total. I spend a fate point invoking "i never take the hard way never have never will" +2 negating the attack at 0. Rayne gets up and strafes to the right he lets out a laser to his torso rolled +2 for a total of +5 (careful +3)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Notes and Defence
    Show
    It wasn't an attack, Vinces a create advantage. You tied which means I only create a boost, near trip. In the future could you describe in the narrative, how the way your handling something is Clever or careful? Now is fine, and you don't need to explain the lazers, I get that 'careful aim etc'. Just a note for the future.

Defense roll, forceful +2 again. 4d3-8 → [3,2,1,1,-8] = (-1) Total 1. I use my boost to increase the roll to +3. He takes 2 stress hit, marking the second stress box.

You slip out of the vines, but are still unsteady from the near trip. Still your careful aim, causes smoke to come from his torso. Herb frowns as he pats on the singed wood.

"Stay still!" He slams his vines into the earth. Suddenly huge vines start shooting out of the floor infront of you, forming a wall in front of you.

Spoiler: Create advantage
    Show
    He's Cleverly creating an advantage at +3, a scene aspect, Walls of vines. If he succeeds, Rayne can't run around easily, he'd need to do an overcome action to represent either getting through the vines, or burning them down.

4d3-8 → [3,1,1,3,-8] = (0) +3. Also he spends a fatepoint to activate his aspect, My brilliance is blinding to add a further +2. So you need to defend against +5, or the aspect will be created.

Scene Aspects:

GM Fatepool: 4 now 3

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rayne looks at the wall in awe. Rayne thinks his ability is cool.
    Rayne sprints toward the wall and parkours up the wall.
    -i rolled for a total of 5 (clever) i use a fate point to invoke the "hard way" sense he is climbing a wall! Which allows +2 which give him a boost (not sure how to make boost would it be like now he has high ground?)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Rayne looks at the wall in awe. Rayne thinks his ability is cool.
    Rayne sprints toward the wall and parkours up the wall.
    -i rolled for a total of 5 (clever) i use a fate point to invoke the "hard way" sense he is climbing a wall! Which allows +2 which give him a boost (not sure how to make boost would it be like now he has high ground?)
    Show
    I'm going to have to argue against this. Performing parkour doesn't sound like a Clever approach-there's nothing intrinsically smart (academic or otherwise) about it. It sounds more like Quick, Forceful, or at a stretch, Flashy, since parkour looks really cool. For an explanation of approaches, see here.

Since Flashy is your highest out of the 3, I'll treat it as if you picked that. So your total is 6, rather than 7. That's a success, which means the aspect is still created, but you get a free invoke on it. This probably represents you having higher ground or the sort.

Just to clarify-is this you defending against create advantage or spending your action Overcoming the vines? Your not very clear, I'd like it if you specified the Action you chose in your action. If it's a defense, what I've written above is correct. If it's an overcome, the wall is just cleared, you don't get a boost. You need to score 3 over the opponent's total to succeed with style.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Show
    I'm going to have to argue against this. Performing parkour doesn't sound like a Clever approach-there's nothing intrinsically smart (academic or otherwise) about it. It sounds more like Quick, Forceful, or at a stretch, Flashy, since parkour looks really cool. For an explanation of approaches, see here.

Since Flashy is your highest out of the 3, I'll treat it as if you picked that. So your total is 6, rather than 7. That's a success, which means the aspect is still created, but you get a free invoke on it. This probably represents you having higher ground or the sort.

Just to clarify-is this you defending against create advantage or spending your action Overcoming the vines? Your not very clear, I'd like it if you specified the Action you chose in your action. If it's a defense, what I've written above is correct. If it's an overcome, the wall is just cleared, you don't get a boost. You need to score 3 over the opponent's total to succeed with style.
    its an overcome sorry!
    -now we continue

Rayne carefully aims a laser blast at his opponents lower right abdomen.
    Spoiler: THE ROLL ISSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Show
    I rolled a 3 add +3 =6

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Hold on!
    Show
    You spent your action doing an overcome. I had thought you were defending. Now it's my action.

Frowning, Herb starts lashing out at you with his vines.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Forceful +2 for the attack
    4d3-8 → [2,2,2,1,-8] = (-1) total is now +1. Defend against it, then you make your action. If it's the action, no need to reroll, just post your roll from before.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rayne carefully lasers the vine-whips out of the air
    Spoiler: Defense roll
    Show
    Defense rolled for a total of 3

Rayne carefully aims a laser blast at his opponents lower right abdomen.

Spoiler: lets try this again attack
    Show
    I rolled a 3 add +3 =6

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Defense
    Show
    Forceful +2 to defend.
    4d3-8 → [1,2,2,2,-8] = (-1) 1. 5 shifts over. Takes a mild consequence to reduce it to 3 shifts, marking his third stress box. Calling the Mild Consequence 'Favoring left side'. Your attack smarts.

The lazer blast causes Herb to drop to his knee in pain. He frowns as he gets up. You notice he's holding the attacked part of his torso with one hand.

He raises his left hand towards you, and vines shoot off, trying to grab your hands.

Spoiler: Create advantage
    Show
    Herb is trying to Forcefully create advantage, 'Hands bound behind back' which is self explanatory. If he succeeds you won't be able to aim properly with the lazer without overcoming the advantage.
    +2 for Forceful, another +2 for Stunt from before. +4:
    4d3-8 → [1,2,1,3,-8] = (-1) +3. Spends a fate point to activate Herb's aspect, Trent Shifting top student to gain +2, making it a +5.

Remember, you get a fate point because I spent a fate point against you.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Defending
    Show
    I roll for a total of 4 using a fate point i add +2 using my "guardian laser"
    my fate points are at 2

Rayne carefully aims his palms at the vines firing the lasers repeatedly,eyes flashing red and blue "like a cop car"

Rayne fires lasers at the ceiling carefully directing his blasts so it creates multiple chunks that fall right over herbs head
    Rayne couldn't help himself and said "damnnnnnn"

Spoiler: The rolllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Show
    roll total is 5 my luck is crazy!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Nice attack
    Show
    Is this an attack? I'm gonna treat it as an attack.

Using clever +3 to defend:
    4d3-8 → [2,1,2,3,-8] = (0) +3. Spend a fatepoint to invoke 'concrete walls' for a +2. The walls are very tough, and it's hard for you to bring them down. You tie, which means you gain a boost.

As the ceiling starts to fall, Herb clenches his fist. Vines suddenly wrap around him, creating a cacoonn that covers his whole body. The falling pieces of cement damage the cacoon, but when the vines come down, he's no worse for wear than before.

"Come down here!" Suddenly the vines you were standing on for higher ground begin to wobble and shake. He pulls back his fist, waiting to uppercut you when you fall.

Show
    This is a clever +3 attack, because he's using his environment, gravity, and trying to take away your advantage, range.
    4d3-8+3 → [3,3,1,3,-8,3] = (5) Nice. [note I added 3 to the dice roller, rather than add it afterwards, for convenience]
    Spend a fatepoint to invoke 'Trent Shifting top student' to represent that getting hit by him will hurt, for +2.So you need to beat 7.

Scene Aspects:
    GM Fate pool: 2

Herb's Stress:[1] [2] [3]
    Herb's Consequences: 'Favoring left side' Mild.
    [Rayne has 1 invoke on this]
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-08-25 at 11:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Defence
    Show
    Defense roll a total of 4(careful) i activate the invoke "favoring his left side" adding +2. Rayne takes one stress box.

Rayne aims a laser for his left side distracting herb but... he got clipped by a lone branch stunning Rayne.

Rayne starts laughing un controllably and yells " I am groot!!!!"

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    -I wanna see herbs response but heres my attack for afterwards.

Rayne releases a laser at herbs midsection.

Spoiler: lets rock in roll......
    Show
    - rolled for a total of 5 of course its careful.... again 0_0
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-26 at 08:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Herbert frowns. "What? Whose Groot?"
    Spoiler: We are groot
    Show
    The movie never got mad in this universe. It's still a relatively unknown comic. The only superhero films are based on real life Supers and Heroes, not comics.

Spoiler: Defense
    Show
    Forceful +2 defense:
    4d3-8+2 → [1,1,1,2,-8,2] = (-1) You succeed by 6 shifts. Herb takes both a moderate consequence and a mild* consequence to soak all 6 shifts of damage. I'll call the mild consequence, 'small fire on branches' and the moderate one, 'Hole through my torso'

Herb roars in outrage, as your lazer literally bursts a hole through his mid torso. Small fires appear around the hole, which he pats at.

"I'm not going down that easily lightbulb!" Vines shoot out of his hands, each of them darting in various ways to reach you, none coming at the same angle, so you have less places to run. You notice some of the vines are actually on fire.

Show
    Clever attack at +3. 4d3-8+3 → [3,1,1,3,-8,3] = (3) I spend 2 fate points to invoke both 'Trent Shifting top student' and my consequence 'small fire on branches' to add +4, raising the total to +7.

And then, if you aren't taken out, I concede.

Spoiler: Concede rules
    Show
    I gain 4 fate points-1 for conceding, and 1 for each of my consequences, there are 3. After your defense roll, you have complete narrative control over Herb. Describe how the fight ends, but:
    1. Herb won't surrender. You need to beat him, either rendering him unconcious, or beating him so hard he shifts back to human form, or rendering him unable to fight.
    2. You can't kill Herb.

Spoiler: How does he have two mild consequences?*
    Show
    Herb has a stunt that gives him an extra mild consequence:
    Thick Oaky Form. When shifted I gain an extra Mild Physical consequence, which can’t be used against fire or plant poisons.

Scene Aspects:
    GM Fate pool: 0 [4]

Herb's Stress:[1] [2] [3]
    Herb's Consequences:
    'Favoring left side' Mild. [0 Invokes]
    Small fires on branches' Mild. [1 Invoke]
    Hole through torso. Moderate. [1 invoke]
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-08-26 at 11:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

-defending i rolled for a total of 5 sense its a laser blast i use a fate point too raise the defending move +2
    Rayne carefully defends with a well aimed laser stoping the attack.

Rayne starts to systimaticly strafe and fire laser blasts repeatedly. Herb slows down and starts to get smaller and smaller. Rayne realizes hes not going to concede til hes knocked unconscious or back in his human form. Rayne releases one more laser to the midsection. Herbs form gets smaller and smaller til he is back in his normal form. Herb is unconscious. Rayne yells "get a healer in here!"
    Last edited by Salaya; 2014-08-27 at 01:28 PM.