New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Crazy stuff you want to do when you are bored but you are afraid to actually do it

Some times I really really want to ask a passerby what year is it and after the answer just go around screaming IT WORKED IT WORKED! just to see the reaction everybody will have.

It looks cool in my head but I will probably end up looking like a fool.

So yeah... Does anyone else also have this strange urges to do foolish things but are not brave enough?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy stuff you want to do when you are bored but you are afraid to actually do i

Give the cat a bath. Very dangerous business, cat-bathing.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy stuff you want to do when you are bored but you are afraid to actually do i

Well I have pondered the following now and then, when the next telemarketer/survery or what not person calls hold phone off a bit and shout "Frank get the trace going and start evac we need to blow this place in 5!" and then back to the person on the other end "how the hell did you get this number?" "who are you working for?" then back to "Frank" "you got a lead? good lets set the fuses and go" click.....
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've always wanted to do this in the middle of a serious discussion...
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Give the cat a bath.
    I did it once. Afterwards, my cat, covered in wet fur, sat still for a long time with such a lost expression on her muzzle - like I did to her the most horrible thing in the world, and she was trying to come to terms with it, and couldn't. It was a sorrowful sight.
    Last edited by Sobol; 2014-09-14 at 04:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

wear a banana suit and hand out fruit to strangers
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Between about half and three-quarters of the time when I see an attractive young woman and would like to approach her in a context where I actually could approach her. Many of the proposed plans are quite... bombastic at times, too.

Whereas when I see an attractive woman and the context is such where I could not actually approach her, while I still want to, it's not fear that stays my hand.

Similarly where sometimes the perverse notion to kiss friends and acquaintances whom I find attractive but don't have any kind of physical relationship with enters my head, but it's not because I'm afraid that I don't find out what happens when I try to surprise them with some tongue-fencing. It is kind of amusing in retrospect that about half the time they can generally tell something's off as soon as the thought enters my head.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    wear a banana suit and hand out fruit to strangers
    That reminds me of that time I wore a banana suit to the store and people decided that I was some kind of special needs person who needed taking care of and tried to give money for my care to the housemates I was out with at the time.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-09-14 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Fifteen years ago, my father had a second line just for computer access. The number was not listed anywhere, so any incoming call had to be a wrong number. Usually, Dad just ignored it, but once, when that phone rang, Dad picked it up and had the following conversation.

Dad: Psychic Hotline. You have the wrong number.
    Person on Phone: What?
    Dad: This is the Psychic Hotline. You have the wrong number.
    Person on Phone: Um, oh. [Hangs up.]

Two minutes later, the phone rang again. So he picked up again.

Dad: Psychic Hotline. You still have the wrong number.
    Person on Phone: I will be d*mned.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

When people I don't know call to ask for me, I say I'm not the person they're calling for and then say my name, which is the exact name they asked for. I repeat this, increasingly faux-exasperated that they don't understand I'm not [Zrak], I'm [Zrak], until they hang up in abject bewilderment.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Make an answering machine message in my best faux Dracula accent:

Greetings! You have reached (number). Leave a message freely and of your own will ... and leave behind some of the happiness you bring.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

11. - Top - End - #11
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

A friend of mine answered his phone with the phrase "You're Next Funerary Home". Sadly I don't think I'd be able to keep myself from laughing if I tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    I've always wanted to do this in the middle of a serious discussion...
    I would very much enjoy doing this one.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    Make an answering machine message in my best faux Dracula accent:

Greetings! You have reached (number). Leave a message freely and of your own will ... and leave behind some of the happiness you bring.
    You're going to put (number)s in there and it didn't occur to you to be the Count from Sesame Street???

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    You're going to put (number)s in there and it didn't occur to you to be the Count from Sesame Street???
    Confession time: I've never seen Sesame Street. Not one episode. I know that it exists, but beyond that, it's terra incognita to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've always wanted to do three things in public. Among lots of others, but I'll go with the three I've always wanted to do the most as of this week.

1). Order food at a drive-through like these guys.

2). Wear my heels and all my mismatched jewelry and rock out to electro swing and neurofunk.

3). Go fursuiting while performing mundane tasks like grocery shopping. (Or while doing #2!)

I can't do any of the above because 1). I have no instrumental talent and would probably just get banned from the restaurant, 2). would get dragged behind a building and shot laughed at and probably tripped intentionally and 3). same thing as 2, but with the added factor of not having even a partial suit because I don't have $800 to spend on a good-quality (non Mascot-looking) one. Sssssssso.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-09-15 at 12:24 PM.
    vape naesh

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I used to answer the phone like so:

Thank you for call Evil Geniuses, Incorporated. Unfortunately all of our Overlords are currently plotting coups for other clients. Please leave your name, number, the name of the country you would like to rule, as well as the list of assets at your disposal. Thank you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Post the photos I took of the mods at the Mods' Annual Anniversary.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, uh... Most of the stuff I've wanted to do I've actually done...

There was the time I filled a portable gas tank with water, punched a hole in the bottom, and walked down main street smoking a cigar.

There was the time I pretended to be a time traveller.

There was the time I kept playing with the automatic door to the store for a good 15 minutes.

OH! I know one I haven't done. I used to work at target, and I still have the name tag somewhere. I kind of want to put on a red shirt, the name tag, and go down to target. People ask me where to find something and I say "I don't work here, sorry." See what happens. That seems a little mean though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    OH! I know one I haven't done. I used to work at target, and I still have the name tag somewhere. I kind of want to put on a red shirt, the name tag, and go down to target. People ask me where to find something and I say "I don't work here, sorry." See what happens. That seems a little mean though.
    it is however a good Halloween prank.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-09-15 at 05:45 PM.