New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: RSS issue

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default RSS issue

Hi.
    I'm having an RSS issue with AOL Reader (other readers seem to be fine). The issue is that every couple hours I get two "new" entries there: comics 808 and 960.
    I'm not sure whether this bug belongs to your RSS feed or the reader itself, but could you investigate this strange behavior?
    Thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: RSS issue

Hi,

I don't know what, specifically, is happening with your reader, but I have some general answers. The website currently puts all entries into the rss feed, not just the latest few items. This causes issues with several readers and may be the reason you're experiencing this. This is not something we can change without changing the website, which we intend to do... eventually. So this will not happen for a while.

Other than that potential reason, this is not something the website is doing. The rss feed is generated once and left that way, it would not be changing every few hours.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, I suppose that this was how RSS feed run for a long time now, and this bug happened 8 days ago for the first time, but it was single glitch back then. And starting 4 days ago this behavior became consistent. So I guess if no changes were made on your side, it must have been some changes to AOL Reader that caused this. I'd better contact their support then, maybe they will fix it.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Last edited by moraug; 2014-08-25 at 08:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Better than the issue I'm having. I use Windows Live Mail as an RSS feed reader, and I'll get 200 new OOTS entries pop up in my feed list when the page updates. Thunderbird and Seamonkey seem to work just fine though...