Thread: Histories OOC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Histories OOC

This first post will expand as the game world expands, so I don't have much to say. To start, everyone please re-post a link to their character sheet and pick a text color for the game. In Character will be up sometime today or tomorrow.
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks to drKarling for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Histories OOC

Denora will use Teal

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oren will be speaking in Medium Blue
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

4. - Top - End - #4

NecromancerGuy

Kho will use Red.

Edit: Changed the color to help it stand out.
    Last edited by DarkOne7141981; 2014-08-26 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler: My Character(s)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Since our tribe appears to be speaking in shades of blue thus far, I'll continue the trend. Anahita will speak in Medium Slate Blue.
    Last edited by Plerumque; 2014-08-26 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added sheet link.
    Ilsensine's symbol by Grinner.

6. - Top - End - #6

So where do you guys want to take this setting? Since this campaign is focused on world building, we should have a little bit of planning.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Well, as for character relationships, Anahita and Kho are very similar in abilities and tribal position, while my character stands in a degree of opposition to Oren. As the lone divine spellcaster, I'd like to work on developing religion, moving beyond numerous spirits to perhaps more anthropomorphic gods or even a monotheistic or pantheistic worldview.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Denora, to be quite frank, would love to find somewhere where a large number of people could potentially settle down.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGuy

I am inclined to say that as a primitive arcane spellcaster with a relationship with a healing patron, a skunk familiar, and a game-mechanics plan that leans heavily on uses of hexes to debuff enemies that Kho will definitely be leaning towards humanity grasping for and holding on to power - particularly power that will endure after those who have gathered it have passed. He would appreciate the traditions of passing wisdom and knowledge on by word of mouth, but would push away from that style of scholarship, perhaps creating written language and runes/wards that could lead to more enduring power being passed on to future generations.

His relationship with healing and arcane magic might lead to a difference in the game world from most settings - perhaps healing magic is not isolated to primarily the divine. In the "normal" rules Alchemists, Bards, and Witches can heal, but to be effective primary healers is tough and requires many other sacrifices for the sake of that goal. Rather than lose this aspect of magic, he would try to keep it present in his arcane legacy. This isn't a big deal to me, but might be an interesting side effect of the character, perhaps leading to conflicting/differing methods of healing between arcane and divine as others develop the divine side of the spectrum.

Skunks aren't exactly popular, but do receive a healthy bit of respect from other animals. Because of this influence, Kho would argue that having great power is the most secure way to guarantee prosperity for those you love. Who cares if you are disliked/feared as long as you and yours are safe and secure. Towards this end, Kho would be strongly against any infighting within the tribe and humanity in general, suggesting a more unified front to the dangers of the world. I don't want to create racism (humanity vs. all), but the idea of loyalty first to those who behave like you would make sense to him. If others can be brought into a coalition, he would welcome other races into that community. However, he lacks the social graces to be the face of these ideas (remember his skunk familiar), so he will rely on the value of his ideas and values to speak for him.

In the next generation, he would hope to be remembered for developing more in the secular realm of magic (arcane magic, runes, written language) and encouraging a more unified and cooperative front made of humanity and their allies against the dangerous/violent/monstrous denizens of the world.

Note 1: Kho is not interested in particularly good/evil conflicts though he does consider values to be central and important to this unified front/alliance. Those values would need to still be explored.

Note 2: For anyone paying attention to these details, I adjusted Kho's background to not be the only mystic/healer in the party, in deference to Anahita.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Being young, Oren will likely change a bit on the whole spirit thing, but that will take time.

I see him being some champion of humanity. Not necessarily good, but humanity. He puts survival of the race first. I see him likely starting monasteries/temples that are not built around religion, but self-reflection.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

11. - Top - End - #11

So are people still interested?

I just don't want our thread to fall of into the abyss of posts(past page 5)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

I think everyone is waiting on our DM to start things. For what it is worth, I am still here.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

So I guess we just wait, and post occasionally.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

14. - Top - End - #14

So how is everyone?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

I'm good. Baked some bread today. Turned out alright, but I think I may have made the bottom crust too thick. It seems bread-making is a difficult art to master. I was going to make blueberry scones as well, but then I ran out of flour. It was very saddening. How are you?

16. - Top - End - #16

Doing well, a bit busy with classes but I'm going to the ren-fest on saturday, so that should be nice. The IRL game I'm running has now hit 12 people so it looks like its gonna break into two groups so we can function better.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Too many people interested in gaming and a ren-fest? I envy your problems. Then again, I suppose mine mostly pertain to baking anyway, so neither of us are likely to garner much pity.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    Too many people interested in gaming and a ren-fest? I envy your problems. Then again, I suppose mine mostly pertain to baking anyway, so neither of us are likely to garner much pity.
    Well, I do enjoy gaming and spreading the wonders of tabletops to many, but my time is getting stretched thin. What were you baking?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Whole wheat bread, but then I ran out of both wheat and white flour and had to make some weird multigrain dough, so we'll see how that goes. And I didn't have the flour to make the blueberry streusel scones I was planning on making.

20. - Top - End - #20

NecromancerGuy

Irony's last post anywhere in the forums was his first post in this thread. That being said, I am going to stop subscribing to this thread for now.

If he comes back, someone send me a PM and I will come back. I am planning to keep Kho around just in case.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

What's the reasonable expiration date on games?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Give him another week or so, I'd say, then see if anyone else might be interested in GMing this. Heck, it's been a busy week for me, so he might just have had the same problem.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.