Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 931 to 960 of 1097
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Do we have any logic on these targets aside from flying under the radar? I don't recall them ever making much of an impression, and I don't feel like digging through the entire game to find the part where Aventine does something suspicious.

    It's weird how we've actually been fairly successful in lynching wolves much of the time, but I still feel like we don't have much to work with in hunting the rest of them. Oh well, BasketOfPuppies I guess.

  2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Aventine was one of the most vocal voices against Shadow the day Shinken got lynched, since then he has pretty tried to disappear. I personally have Phantom down as village for most of the game and nothing he has done has changed my opinion there.

    I'm perfectly fine with the BoP wagon but Aventine is slightly higher up on my list which is why I'm voting him over BoP atm.

    Also, this might just be the crazy voices in my head talking but the more I think about it, the more I'm getting the feeling that Sprig is trying too hard to do his best villager impression as a wolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  3. - Top - End - #933
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    I disappeared after the Shadow thing because it was clear I wasn't going to be able to get him lynched, especially after Shinken turned wolf. I figured it would be better to watch and think. Then I got busy. Seriously, if I was trying to disappear and not be noticed I certainly wouldn't have gotten myself on the auto-lynch warning list. That is about as noticeable as you can get, and never in a good way.

    As for pushing for Shadow to be lynched, do I really have to dig up the post where he himself says it was the right thing to do based on his actions? (down towards the bottom).

    Back to the topic of people disappearing and flying under the radar, I have started to get the impression that BourgeoisJerry has been active without being active. Being present enough to not have his absence noted, but without actually doing all that much. So I'm voting for him on a few vague hunches and will see if I agree with myself when I wake up.

  4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    I know I'll probably regret this if it's wrong but I respect Shadow's abilities enough that I'm going to do a complete 180 and back Aventine here. Vote BourgeoisJerry.
    It also fits nicely into my theory that the wolves deliberately tossed Asteron under the bus to give Sprig some credibility to manipulate the end game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  5. - Top - End - #935
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Sprig's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Aventine was one of the most vocal voices against Shadow the day Shinken got lynched, since then he has pretty tried to disappear. I personally have Phantom down as village for most of the game and nothing he has done has changed my opinion there.
    Town for what? Steadfastly voting yet not bothering to make any contribution?

    I'm perfectly fine with the BoP wagon but Aventine is slightly higher up on my list which is why I'm voting him over BoP atm.

    Also, this might just be the crazy voices in my head talking but the more I think about it, the more I'm getting the feeling that Sprig is trying too hard to do his best villager impression as a wolf.
    You may have paranoid thoughts but now you have given them to me. You better be village because your comment probably has ensured that if you get strung wolf, I will swiftly follow... Thanks for that.

    Now you got me wondering if that suspicion earlier and my vote on phantom have spooked you a little and your setting up contingency.

  6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    I see I hit a nerve there. Am I getting too close to the truth?
    It's not your first game here Sprig. You should know by now Phantom's a roleplayer. I can't remember the last time he's done a long analysis so trying to use he's not contributing as an argument for him been wolf just doesn't cut it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Legato Endless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    I don't feel BoP right at this moment since he just simply isn't going to respond.

    ThePhantom and Aventine are good alternative choices for the moment.
    While true, I don't see what Basket could possibly say at this point that would clear anything, barring yet another recalcitrant mason popping out.

    I don't even need to summarize his involvement in the thread.

    He voted for Wolf bane. He voted for me. He voted for Dark Comet. (twice) Also, complained about the activity several times. That is the entirety of his activity. That's essentially nothing to parse. He could be some third party the narrator snuck in at this point and his behavior would fit equally well.

    Quote Originally Posted by BourgeoisJerry View Post
    Do we have any logic on these targets aside from flying under the radar? I don't recall them ever making much of an impression, and I don't feel like digging through the entire game to find the part where Aventine does something suspicious.

    It's weird how we've actually been fairly successful in lynching wolves much of the time, but I still feel like we don't have much to work with in hunting the rest of them. Oh well, BasketOfPuppies I guess.
    This game has a dozen players, but we converse like we're already down to 6ish. And people disappear unless poked. It's a touch odd.

    Other thoughts kept brief, as I lost my word prediction subscription on my tablet:

    Alarra: Gutsy player, made a slightly odd movement last round that sort of screwed with what I was hoping would happen, but while somewhat questionable, not exactly a flaming brand. Also absent, so nothing happening there.

    Aventine: This was the biggest surprise when I took a glance through Sprig's list. I thought Aventine had contributed a lot more...but that appears to be in error. There was a lot of sound and fury in the beginning, and then trying to kill Shadow, and now Aventine has dropped off the radar and activity. I'm...not really comfortable with that, in the context of other affairs.

    BoP: If I had a vigilante power, I would have shot BoP awhile ago when he failed to auto, simply due to the potential paranoia someone so unknown still being here so long does.

    Jerry: Jerry has also been somewhat less active recently, but looks a touch better than Aventine from past discussion and contributions. Jerry has made some various commentary, and has fairly consistently reshuffled his opinions. I'm not sure I see the appearance of activity argument here.

    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    FC: I've been clinging to the notion FC is town most of the game, which paid off well enough with the other big player. Granted, FC and the wolves do seem to have engaged an impromptu competition to see who can kill more power roles...but I'm not prepared to abandon that assessment. I still lean that the wanton collateral is understandable in the context of the network this game being really odd.

    Penguinator: Another wraith, had some spat with Sprig, which means nothing contextually since I know both of them were town in the game it originated from. Made some votes. Yeah...nothing here.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

    Sprig: Fairly active and reasonably analytical. The short vote summary was decent, but more importantly FC and him promoting conversation is much better that what we keep threatening to default into. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sold either. I'll need more feedback and to take a look at previous postings before I make a conclusion.

    The Phantom: I feel less comfortable now than I did when I tried pressing things last round. The argument didn't read very well, and I'm not sure why increasing the number of possible bandwagons is helpful either. When I voted BoP, I was hoping for someone to make a decision, possibly kill Basket, and keep FC out of lynch threat. Alarra pushing FC back into contention was kind of odd even with the time limit not accounted for. I don't have anything against having options, but there's got to be a reason for them. Voting simply so we have three people back in immediate lynch threat isn't helpful when there's no minimum kill vote.

    BoP for now. I'm not feeling the Jerry vote at all, and while absent, there's really nothing Basket could possibly do at this point to assuage any doubt.

  8. - Top - End - #938
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Sprig's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I see I hit a nerve there. Am I getting too close to the truth?
    It's not your first game here Sprig. You should know by now Phantom's a roleplayer. I can't remember the last time he's done a long analysis so trying to use he's not contributing as an argument for him been wolf just doesn't cut it.
    Well no, I'm not astute enough to be able to work out everyone play-style after just one completed game. Phantom died early and was wolf if I recall correctly. So I guess I'll just take your comments as a compliment...

    My argument for Phantom being a good option isn't just that he hasn't done an deep analysis. but that he simply hasn't done any at all. Not even responded to the pressure that he was under and completely ignores accusations against him. That doesn't gel with me. If others agree with your statement and say it atypical behavior from him then I will cede the point.

  9. - Top - End - #939
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Jerry has made some various commentary, and has fairly consistently reshuffled his opinions. I'm not sure I see the appearance of activity argument here.
    Spoiler: All of BourgeoisJerry's posts
    Show

    Ok, I didn't want to have to make links for all of these or fill up a ton of room with quotes, so I am giving page numbers.

    Page 5
    RP post with a day one random vote

    Page 6
    Quick response to my monster suggestion

    Page 7
    RP then talks about the monster suggestions and how it is funny considering the setting that people aren't willing to follow the genre-savvy mason plan

    Page 8
    RP and points out that the baner claim was oddly fast. Does not take his vote off of Wolfbane

    Changes his vote off Wolfbane after Count Dingdong calls out the people who didn't do so. Justifies his vote against Wolfbane with his reasons from before the claim and says he didn't change off because that would make him look suspicious [huh?]

    Page 9
    Villager claim. Making a joke about the baner and seer claims already

    Page 10
    Explains the joke

    Posts a vote count

    Responds to Count Dingdong about a mistake in the count

    Page 11
    Announces the corrections to his count

    Points out where Shadow said something Count Dingdong couldn't find

    Page 14
    Talks about how the wolves would have no reason to bandwagon on him specifically. [Note that when his bandwagon was actually growing that day was when people were leaving Tanar's, and that Tanar himself was on it]

    Custom avatar discussion

    Page 15
    More custom avatar discussion

    Page 17
    Talks about Logic, but doesn't seem to come to a definite conclusion. Votes for FC for being quiet

    Talks about Legato and says he was doing suspicious things, but doesn't conclude that he is suspicious overall.

    Page 22
    Joins the Tanar wagon long after it was decided

    Page 24
    Discussion of the Wolfbane/Sorrcerous baner issue with the conclusion that Wolfbane is more likely a wolf. Almost two hours after I posted the same thing. Votes for Wolfbane but quickly crosses it out without saying why.

    Page 25
    RP and votes for Wolfbane again. Calls it a pointless vote (since Logic is going to be lynched) and says it is just to avoid AL

    After Logic is lynched and he is called out for not trying to have a productive vote, he justifies it by saying he had no strong read on Logic either way

    Page 26
    Votes for Legato, who he doesn't find very suspicious, because he doesn't find anyone suspicious. Asks if anyone has any ideas

    Thinks Wolfbane is telling the truth about being a vanillager. Points out the alpha is more or less just a regular wolf with the seer most likely dead

    Vote count. Says it is not possible to save Wolfbane, but he doesn't want him to be lynched. Makes no effort to at least try to save Wolfbane

    Votes Asteron as the day is scheduled to end after being called out for not even trying to save Wolfbane by at least being on one of the alternate wagons

    Page 27
    After the fact discussion of whether Wolfbane should have been lynched. Defends himself against FC's claim that his confidence in Wolfbane looks like wolf knowledge by likening FC's argument to wanting to lynch anyone who has a town read on someone else.

    Claims that people who could read between the lines knew Wolfbane was vanillager. Claims lynching him was pointless because we should be looking for wolves

    Claims Wolfbane was not cleared as town by the reading between the lines stuff, votes for Nonayer for unclear reasons

    Page 28
    Votes for Duck and hopes the Asteron wagon turns out good. [Feels almost like trying to save Asteron while trying not to look like he is doing so]

    Page 30
    Votes for FC, no reason given. The FC is too quiet argument from earlier is less true

    Page 31
    Points out he voted for Asteron the day Wolfbane was lynched. Even though he did it under duress and at the last second. [I give no points for that, it looks more like an attempt to get points for voting for the wolf than an actual attempt to save Wolfbane or lynch Asteron. And trying to get villager credit for it now strengthens that impression for me] Tries to make himself look good for figuring out that Wolfbane was town

    Page 32
    Votes for Basket, despite not knowing the reasoning behind any of the votes so far today



    I see very little constructive commentary. Some after the fact discussion about Wolfbane where he can't make up his mind whether the reading between the lines stuff was enough to clear Wolfbane or not. Then some vague talk about several other players without any real conclusions ever.


    He changes his mind and "reshuffled his opinions", sorta. I don't see natural changes of mind. He concludes that Wolfbane is the more likely wolf between the two claimants and votes for him, then later claimed to have known all along that Wolfbane was vanillager, but that he wasn't cleared as villager. Other than that I see much more unwillingness to make up his mind then real changes. I rarely see his mind made up enough to have his opinions reshuffled later.

    He rarely has real reason given for his votes, his most active discussion was about whether or not it was right to lynch someone who was already lynched. Very little contribution to what we should do now. He posts consistently, but has contributed little. That is what I mean by being active without being active.

    Sprig gave him credit for voting for two wolves, but both were at the last minute when they couldn't actually change anything. One for Tanar who was going to die no matter what, and the other was for Asteron at the last second when he wasn't going to die. Then he doesn't vote for Asteron on the day he actually is lynched. I give no villager credit for that, and actually am made somewhat suspicious by it.


  10. - Top - End - #940
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Sorry for my lack of addition to the discussion in the thread after my vote early in the day. I still think Basket was something that DC and I were onto, after DC was nightkilled after voting for him, but I won't deny that a lot of other suspicions have been cropped up by today's discussions.

    Fleeing Coward, Aventine, and perhaps a few others are tentatively on my radar now. I say this because I'm anticipating a night kill on me whether or not BOP is lynched today, and I feel it safe to reveal that none of the networks have bothered contacting me. So there's my leanings, plain out in the open, so I don't die with never having revealed them (such as Shadow unfortunately did.)
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  11. - Top - End - #941
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Sii, you're far from cleared yourself at the moment with your admission that you knew DC before he was killed unless BoP flips wolf actually and I think anyone can see at this point who's probably dying the next 2 nights so I'm curious with your doom and gloom statement.

    As for why I'm suddenly switching off Aventine - unlike Basket who was active on other forum threads the whole time, Aventine did not post at all during the period he almost got AL'd so I'm inclined to believe his story for now.
    The person directing the wolf kills is obviously paying quite abit of attention to the thread to kill others before Duck so my original suspicions of a wolf team consisting of BoP, Aventine and Penguinator at the start of the day is probably wrong which is why I'm reevaluating things here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  12. - Top - End - #942
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Sii, you're far from cleared yourself at the moment with your admission that you knew DC before he was killed unless BoP flips wolf actually and I think anyone can see at this point who's probably dying the next 2 nights so I'm curious with your doom and gloom statement.

    As for why I'm suddenly switching off Aventine - unlike Basket who was active on other forum threads the whole time, Aventine did not post at all during the period he almost got AL'd so I'm inclined to believe his story for now.
    The person directing the wolf kills is obviously paying quite abit of attention to the thread to kill others before Duck so my original suspicions of a wolf team consisting of BoP, Aventine and Penguinator at the start of the day is probably wrong which is why I'm reevaluating things here.
    The fact that DC was killed before we could connect with a network, over Duck who was still a claimed Mason, and now I'm going after his and my target once again, is what factors into my gloomy doomness. I could well be wrong about why he was nightkilled, but it was the only thing that stood out to me that would get him killed over an open Mason claim.

    I'd like to ask why you think a wolf would admit to being in contact with the last power role both pre and post nightkill, when that would be the most likely thing they'd do to make themselves look suspicious. It'd be an extremely stupid play, and I'd like to think that if I was a wolf, I wouldn't be that idiotic about it. However, as someone anticipating death based on the last night's kill, I'm trying to help town as best as I can before that happens.

    And you're far from cleared either, and seem to be extremely interested in starting accusations at people this day.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  13. - Top - End - #943
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    The fact that DC was killed before we could connect with a network, over Duck who was still a claimed Mason, and now I'm going after his and my target once again, is what factors into my gloomy doomness. I could well be wrong about why he was nightkilled, but it was the only thing that stood out to me that would get him killed over an open Mason claim.
    There's been 2 kills over an open mason claim actually so the wolves were clearly hunting other masons/network so I don't get your supposed paranoia.

    I'd like to ask why you think a wolf would admit to being in contact with the last power role both pre and post nightkill, when that would be the most likely thing they'd do to make themselves look suspicious. It'd be an extremely stupid play, and I'd like to think that if I was a wolf, I wouldn't be that idiotic about it. However, as someone anticipating death based on the last night's kill, I'm trying to help town as best as I can before that happens.
    If wolves were predictable, this game wouldn't be much fun would it? I've personally pulled all sorts of crazy stunts as a wolf over the years so I know better than to rule anything out.

    And you're far from cleared either, and seem to be extremely interested in starting accusations at people this day.
    I never said I was, I'm doing what you claim to be doing - trying my best to help town. I'm tossing accusations around and seeing how people react to them since the masons seem to be content to just remain silent and not do anything this game other than repeatedly tunnelvision on me.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-10-11 at 09:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  14. - Top - End - #944
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Darkcomet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Suddenly, DC.

    Okay in all seriousness.

    Haruki is currently out and about and busy, and therefore cannot update, having only informed me via quick IMs. Day extended to tomorrow morning.
    Avatar by Ashen Lilies.
    Spoiler
    Show

    by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

    FFR Links:

  15. - Top - End - #945
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    There are a few inaccuracies in Aventine's post I'd like to address.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Discussion of the Wolfbane/Sorrcerous baner issue with the conclusion that Wolfbane is more likely a wolf. Almost two hours after I posted the same thing. Votes for Wolfbane but quickly crosses it out without saying why.
    Let me quote the relevant message:

    I typed up the following, then checked to see who had posted while I was typing. Aventine said something similar to what I was saying, and Wolfbane... well, Wolfbane just complicated things again. I already went through the trouble of typing this, so I'll at least go through with posting it to give some idea of where I stand on all of this, but now I need to think about what Wolfbane is saying before I actually commit to voting for him.
    For the record, typing up my replies sometimes takes a long time. I'm the sort of person who types something, then goes back and edits it, then rereads the whole thing to make sure it looks good, then checks to see if anybody has posted something while I was doing all of that, then goes back and modifies my post to account for what people have posted, and sometimes just sits there thinking about what I'm trying to say. Sometimes I'll end up deleting whole paragraphs because I don't like the way they're turning out. The fact that I'm so verbose doesn't help things.

    Anyway, Wolfbane's big post came while I was typing my analysis, which changed things quite a bit. Part of the reason one of them had to be a wolf was because they were putting us in a position where we were likely to lynch the other. Wolfbane actually backing down left me unsure of him (since it did seem that he took his sweet time doing so,) but eventually I decided that he was probably telling the truth anyway (mostly because of the precedent set in The City.) How he handled the situation did irk me, but in the end his actions did make sense from his perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Points out he voted for Asteron the day Wolfbane was lynched. Even though he did it under duress and at the last second. [I give no points for that, it looks more like an attempt to get points for voting for the wolf than an actual attempt to save Wolfbane or lynch Asteron. And trying to get villager credit for it now strengthens that impression for me] Tries to make himself look good for figuring out that Wolfbane was town
    I wasn't going for villager credit. I was giving my reason for being suspicious of Fleeing Coward, who had seemed to be of the opinion that people who had voted to lynch the wolf (AsteronIronhoof) were more suspicous than the people who wanted to lynch the villager. I wasn't saying that I should get credit for voting to lynch a wolf. I was pointing out that Fleeing Coward seemed to be advocating that we look for future lynch targets among the people who wanted to lynch the wolf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Votes for Basket, despite not knowing the reasoning behind any of the votes so far today
    "Do we have any logic on these targets aside from flying under the radar?"

    Yes... I very clearly had no clue what the accusation against BasketOfPuppies was. Clearly I had no idea what I was doing when I voted for the player who was most blatant about not doing anything. That's totally what I meant when I asked if there were other reasons aside from the one I was aware of.

    I swear, sometimes it feels like you people speak a different version of English from the one I speak. I explicitly mentioned the major crime all three seem to have in common, and asked if there were any other specific crimes (I singled you out in asking for other crimes, since you seemed to be the most active of the three, at least in my mind,) but somehow what I said sounded like I had no idea why the puppies are on the chopping block. And it also sounded like I had no reasoning behind my vote.

    I would accuse you of doing it on purpose, but this sort of thing actually happens all the time. Apparently I have a way of stating something that makes it sound like I actually said something else.

    Anyway, it's midnight right now (I'm in the Pacific time zone,) and I've been sitting in front of this computer for far too long. I'll leave this discourse here for tonight and see if I have anything else to add tomorrow when I have more free time.

  16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Basketofpuppies
    I've been busy today, so sorry I couldn't participate much.
    Avatar made by Cuthalion| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

    How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.


  17. - Top - End - #947
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BasketOfPuppies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A basket.

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    I'm back from camping and see several votes against me. I did file away in WW Central. Care to explain yourselves?
    Avatar by Ceika

    Extended Sig

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

  18. - Top - End - #948
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I'm back from camping and see several votes against me. I did file away in WW Central. Care to explain yourselves?
    You're not being lynched because you were away for a weekend. You're being lynched because your entire contribution to the discussion in this game could be summed up with "Holy cow! It's only day X and there's so much to read!" Aside from the three posts where you talked about that, here is everything else you've said so far:

    Spoiler
    Show
    #161
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Vote randomly for DarkComet
    And let's fight us some Grammar Nazis
    #746
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Pointless pointing at Darkcomet
    #763
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    .Wolfbane.
    #866
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    #3Spooky5Me
    (This was when all the ghosts were talking.)

    #887
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Legato Endless

  19. - Top - End - #949
    Angel in the Playground Moderator
     
    Haruki-kun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Steamboat
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    (I am very sorry about the 24 hour delay. I am now counting votes and writing the scene. Update should be up within the hour.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Day 9 Ends

    It's all a set-up. People watching. Controlling things. They made us choose how we die.
    The Lady in Green's note is on everyone's mind. They're controlling things. Someone is. Several people are starting to have flashbacks. This has all happened before. Of course it has...


    "Yes, sir. Right away, sir..."
    George's voice is low and apologetic. "There will be no more mistakes, sir. It doesn't matter that they know. We can still succeed. What? No, we had no way of knowing. She wrote it away from the cameras." He hangs up the phone and returns to his station.

    "What now?" asks Bob.

    "Now we get someone lynched. Full power on the airborne chems."

    "That's now what he meant," says Susie with a sigh. "He meant overall, what do we do? Proceeding with the lynch is just a short-term solution."

    "There has to be a lynch."

    "And then what? What do we do after that?"

    George has had enough. "We kill someone, then we lynch someone, then we kill someone again! We keep doing it until the job is done! There are eleven people left. The job is almost done. Now do me a favor and release. The airborne. Chems. NOW."



    "You know," says someone suddenly. "I think it's a holiday today."

    "It is?" replies someone else. The world looks like it's spinning today... so dizzy... "Which one is it?"

    "It's Thanksgiving."

    "It's not Thanksgiving, silly, that's next month."

    "But it's Thanksgiving in Canada!"

    "But we're not in... wait... are we in Canada?"


    "I dunno. What do Canadians do on Thanksgiving?"


    "I think they lynch people."

    "Okay! Sounds like fun!" The camper looks around. "Is that a basket full of puppies over there?"

    "Yeah. It's been around for a while. What should we do now?"


    "Hang it from a tree!"

    "Okay!"

    The campers tie the basket's handle to a ribbon, then hang the basket from a tree.

    ".......well, what now?"


    "Dunno. I'm going to bed."

    "Yeah, okay. Me too."




    ".....that counts," says George.

    "Oh, COME ON!" shouts Susie. "George, you can't do this. You can't just 'good enough!' your way through the entire scenario. See, THIS is what happens when you release that many chems into the air."

    "Whatever keeps them away from waking up and realizing we're here!"

    Summary:
    BasketofPuppies was lynched. He was a Villager.

    Night 9 begins now and ends in 24 hours (I'm returning to the same cycle.). Please send in your night actions now.

  20. - Top - End - #950
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Darkcomet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    ...but if you're not going to play except for the bare minimum possible when you have no reason to do so

    why would you...

    'scuse me I'm going to shut up now
    Avatar by Ashen Lilies.
    Spoiler
    Show

    by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

    FFR Links:

  21. - Top - End - #951
    Angel in the Playground Moderator
     
    Haruki-kun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Steamboat
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Night 9 Ends.

    "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight..." a man sits on his cabin's rooftop, looking up at the stars. Another clear night, perfect for stargazing.

    He doesn't understand what everyone's talking about. Things happening again? How can this have happened before? But most of the villagers seem to agree with it... they can't all be crazy.

    "I wish I may, I wish I might... have the wish I made tonight..."


    A rustle comes from the bushes below. Ah, so maybe they are right. "Evening," he says, looking towards the bushes.

    The bushes stop moving.

    "No, no, don't bother. I know you're there. Come up."

    A small man climbs up the ladder left on the side of the cabin. He's short, wearing glasses and some sort of pop culture reference shirt.

    "1337 5P34|<3|25," he says. "Of course it had to be one of you."

    The small man shrugs.

    "I'm not going down easy, you know?"

    The man shrugs again.



    "Epic fight time?"

    "Epic fight time."



    Suddenly, swords! Steven reaches into his robe and draws a sword that he happens to already have with him. The 1337 man nods, straightens out his glasses, and draws his own. They bow.

    With a war cry, Steven charges at the 1337 speaker and brings his sword down on him, only for the man to dodge sideways and spin, bringing his own sword back. Steven parries the blow and pushes the man off. The 1337 speaker slips and rolls down, but manages to hold on to the edge of the cabin roof, and with superhuman strength, pulls himself up and somersaults over Steven, landing in time to bring his blade back.

    Steven meets the blade with his own sword. "You're pretty good."

    "B|20, j00 +00!"

    They both jump backwards and charge at each other again. Their swords dance as they exchange furious blows, to and fro. Both of them hold their ground...



    "Aaaaand NOW!" says George, pushing a button.



    Suddenly, something cracks below Steven's foot. He looks down. His foot went through the roof and he finds himself stuck.

    Unable to move, he is let with no options other than to duck and parry. They're not enough. Soon, his opponent finds a weakness and strikes his hand strong enough for Steven's blade to be sent flying.

    The 1337 speaker presses the tip of his blade against Steven's neck. "J00 4|23 41|234|)Y |)34|)."

    "....|)34|)?"

    "Oh, sorry. J00 4|23 41|234|)Y PVVN3|)"
    he says before stabbing Steven.

    Summary:
    Slii Arhem was killed. He was a Villager.

    Day 10 begins now and ends in 48 hours. Please vote now.

  22. - Top - End - #952
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Sprig's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Interesting choice. Slii seemed rather benign to me. I'll need to do a good dig through the thread. But not tonight as I am exhausted.

    At first I thought Duck was lying when he talked about another mason. With him still alive I have that doubt begin to germinate again. I realize we don't have anything that actually confirms Duck as a Mason. Sure ER kept her silence but then she didn't claim to save herself so we can't take that as Gospel.

    So... early placeholder vote to give Duck999 the opportunity to remove all doubt. Shouldn't be hard.

  23. - Top - End - #953
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    This is strange because if it wasn't for the fact that ER didn't dispute Duck's Mason claim, I'd say that he and Alarra are both wolves at this point based on day 1...
    Combing through the thread one more time now, I'll post my thoughts in abit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    OK, I have got to ask - Duck is Alarra a mason or were you just trying to cover for ER by including Alarra in there?

    Having gone through the thread one more time, there is 0 doubt in my mind that BurgeoisJerry is 100% wolf here. Sprig, you played a good game but your reactions and attempts to guide future wagons has landed you solidly as my other lock for the second wolf.

    The third wolf is where it gets complicated, if Alarra isn't a mason, she'd be my leading candidate for third wolf but if she is a mason then I'd say it's a toss up between Aventine and Penguinator and I'd put Penguinator slightly ahead out of respect for Shadow's gut although this is too close for me to call at this point.

    Legato Endless's voting record speaks for itself, I'd say there's 0 chance that he is a wolf and if he is, well played.
    ThePhantom's voting record also means I have a heavy villager read on him and nothing he has done really makes me think that he's likely to be a wolf either.

    Myself, I'm saying I'm a villager. I didn't bother going through my voting records to see how it might look because I know I'm a villager and a weird as this might sound, trust me on this, I wouldn't be playing the game like this as a wolf.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-10-14 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

  24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Legato Endless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I'm back from camping and see several votes against me. I did file away in WW Central. Care to explain yourselves?
    Sorry Basket, though in our defense, you were kind of a nonentity this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    Interesting choice. Slii seemed rather benign to me. I'll need to do a good dig through the thread. But not tonight as I am exhausted.

    At first I thought Duck was lying when he talked about another mason. With him still alive I have that doubt begin to germinate again. I realize we don't have anything that actually confirms Duck as a Mason. Sure ER kept her silence but then she didn't claim to save herself so we can't take that as Gospel.

    So... early placeholder vote to give Duck999 the opportunity to remove all doubt. Shouldn't be hard.
    *blinks* What?

    Duck still being here is definitely bizarre, but...not in any context does it imply guilt. It implies someone evidently has other priorities than killing a confirmed Townie. Although at this point I'm not sure what. It's not like we're going to get frustrated and kill him for them. Actually, I'm seriously curious if that's a genuine motive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    This is strange because if it wasn't for the fact that ER didn't dispute Duck's Mason claim, I'd say that he and Alarra are both wolves at this point based on day 1...
    Combing through the thread one more time now, I'll post my thoughts in abit.
    Duck definitely deserves some kind of commendation for being simultaneously cleared and yet remaining the scummiest looking player. But there's no way Emerald wouldn't dispute, or at least vote for him. That's beyond network failing. That's actively pushing the wolves to victory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    The third wolf is where it gets complicated, if Alarra isn't a mason, she'd be my leading candidate for third wolf but if she is a mason then I'd say it's a toss up between Aventine and Penguinator and I'd put Penguinator slightly ahead out of respect for Shadow's gut although this is too close for me to call at this point.
    I'm really conflicted between Aventine and Jerry. Rationally, Aventine's argument looks very solid, and Jerry's counterargument is mired in some stylistic foundations I lack the context to parse. On paper, it's clearly Jerry. However, my instincts are leaning heavily in the opposite direction to lynch Aventine.

    I need some time to think about this.

    Duck, at the very least you need to confirm if there is another a mason, because frankly we have to narrow the pool.

    I'll spend some time later today going through the thread.

  25. - Top - End - #955
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    I'm really conflicted between Aventine and Jerry. Rationally, Aventine's argument looks very solid, and Jerry's counterargument is mired in some stylistic foundations I lack the context to parse. On paper, it's clearly Jerry. However, my instincts are leaning heavily in the opposite direction to lynch Aventine.
    His arguments really aren't that solid. A lot of the "suspicious" things I've done are things a wolf wouldn't be dumb enough to do. For example, when a wolf was up for lynch I joined a counter wagon that had absolutely no hope of saving said wolf rather than just joining the wolf wagon to look good. Unlike some people, I'm acutely aware of how much time is left in a day, so it's pretty clear that I didn't expect to save AsteronIronhoof.

    There are reasons I behave the way I do, which I prefer not to explain too frequently, but let me assure you that if one of the two of us is a wolf, it's Aventine.
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2014-10-15 at 11:05 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    BurgeoisJerry is most suspicious right now. He hasn't helped much, and really isn't doing much contribution... like I'm one to talk.
    Legato, thanks for the compliment.
    Yes, Alarra is a mason.
    I realize my claim was at a bad time because I wasthe other wagon, but I had to claim to lynch a wolf. So now you know 2 masons who are alive.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-10-14 at 08:54 PM.
    Avatar made by Cuthalion| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

    How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.


  27. - Top - End - #957
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Sprig's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Sorry Basket, though in our defense, you were kind of a nonentity this game.
    *blinks* What?

    Duck still being here is definitely bizarre, but...not in any context does it imply guilt. It implies someone evidently has other priorities than killing a confirmed Townie. Although at this point I'm not sure what. It's not like we're going to get frustrated and kill him for them. Actually, I'm seriously curious if that's a genuine motive.
    Completely unlikely yes. Not impossible though.
    Pretend duck is wolf for a minute. It would be the greatest play ever.
    -Two wolves in the firing line "Its too late to change the vote off both of us lets both claim mason!"
    - Sole remaining Mason doesn't counter claim cos she mislikes claiming.
    - Duck now in clear to claim wolf buddy as mason.

    Sure, a whole lot of assumptions but still possible. Good thing is Duck can easily help rule it out.


    *Waves flag to get ducks attention.*

    Yeah proof mate! proof?
    - - -

    As for Aventine / BurgeoisJerry: my read on that is they are both town. Thought if I had to lean one way or the other it would be towards Aventine

    Jerry has been prodded a few time and each response looks town to me. Saying that he hasn't helped is factually incorrect. Though his last comments about dumb wolves moves sparks attention. One should not rule out what wolves may or may not do.

    As for Aventine, well, he has been wrong every time so far. I had earlier marked him down as suspicious and voiced as such but I was at home at the time so didn't have my notes to refer to. When I did double check back at work, all I had down was simply his name. So after going through his posts again the only really bit of funny business was around the time of those votes against him. But if you read through those I think the logic behind him is quite sound and he comes out quite articulate. So apart from his voting record and some initial gut doubt, he reads town.


    Although both of you should provide some reads/thoughts on the rest of the players.

    Particularly around:
    - thePhantom : Is FC's read match with yours? Also is he the type of player who will then back someone because they defended them against suspicion?
    - Masons : is 5 a realistic number? I am naturally suspicious simply because I haven't played in games with that many masons. In an absolutely paranoid moment (Considering Duck is still alive and hasn't yet provided concrete proof) ~ how do you feel about a FC/Duck/Alarra combo for wolf?
    - FC in general
    - Legato


    For my mind. I think we might as well fry the biggest and most suspicious fish and see how much he wiggles. Though it can't be much more than he already has.

    One of the biggest traps that I see wolves do is to project themselves and their behavior onto another player. Fleeing coward is guilty of this.

    He has accused me of two things that you see in his own behavior.

    1. Guiding lynches. - While nothing wrong with accusations to generate discussion (in fact normally commendable behavior). He has been running around throwing accusations here and there, setting things up for the next day. He is taking far more of a lead than I am. But what is interesting is what sparked this flurry of activity.

    2. Reactions - My only reaction to his accusation (and to be fair minor accusation at that) was expression my annoyance at the associated he put between myself and him. Where as, if we look at his expedient attempts to look town, that all started from the suspicion that started to heap up on him.

    I also think that the reason why he has't actually voted me yet (apart for laying the ground work) would be subconsciously, voting for me would be like voting for himself.

    The other thing that I think about is sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. Why Slii? He was pointing at Fleeing Coward.

  28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Legato Endless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Huh

    I'm going to go with Sprig

  29. - Top - End - #959
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Sprig's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    That's a bizzare reaction to laying a case against someone.

    EDIT: I shouldn't attack everyone who casts doubt against me. it's a bad habit :(
    Though you do me disservice but not specifying what seems to be an objection to my post.

  30. - Top - End - #960
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fleeing Coward's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

    Sprig, your whole post just reaks of desperation in trying to find any non wolf target to potentially convince the villager to lynch here.

    5 masons and 6 wolves (mason numbers+devil) is pretty much standard numbers for what is basically Classic WW.

    There's a whole archive of games on this forum to determine my behaviour and anyone who's played a decent amount of games with me would realise that the kill pattern this game just isn't how I play WW. Duck and Alarra would be long dead by now if I was a wolf since I never leave confirmed town to provide a rallying point around when I'm wolf. Only a relatively newcomer to this forum would think they have any chance of casting suspicion on Duck if they left him alive long enough because they're not used to this number of masons in a WW game.

    If you insist on making it me against you, then let's make it me against you since lynching either you or Burgeois should prove that the other is also a wolf in my opinion. Sprig.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-10-14 at 06:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •