New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,097 of 1097
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Werewolf in the Forum [GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5]

It was an excellent game, everyone played spectacularly, great job!

Okay, I suppose I should address this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    My thoughts on the Pengi matter and how I thought it affected the game in spoilers if you want my opinion, otherwise, let's just congratulate everyone on a well played game and move on to the our next adventures.

Spoiler
    Show
    I completely agree that something had to be done with Penguinator when he applied for don't auto until Christmas but the fact was Haruki had granted the immunity so suddenly killing him was just a step too far. Like I said, give him the one day notice you'd give any other autolynch candidate and if he still auto lynches, fair is fair and I wouldn't have had any problems with it at all. Outright killing him can only be viewed as favouring the wolves though.

While the insta kill didn't have quite the effect as I originally thought since there was one less wolf, the psychological damage was still done. It gave the illusion in most our minds that we were suddenly tossed into the fire of a lynch or lose situation just as we thought we finally had a good chance of winning.

Before I saw the mesage of the insta kill, I was planning to PM the masons to spring the trap I had set for Sprig but I decided against it - I figured if I suddenly accused Legato which the masons both had down as town in what looked like lynch or lose, they'd instantly think that I was up to my old tricks as a wolf again. It's partly my fault in that I should have still at least noted my suspicions of Legato to them in case of my death but I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind after I saw the message.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, here's the real problem.

The problem is that on the night Penguinator was auto-lynched, there was only one wolf left. People thought there were two, but this would have effectively ended the game that very night. I assumed people would realize this the next morning, but there was a lingering feeling among the town that they were doomed.

That night, before I made the decision, a player asked if I would accept a PM from Penguinator as a night action if he was filed as away. I did not want to answer it at the time, but the answer to that is: No. I would not save a player from auto-lynch if they had time to come in and send a night kill. I wouldn't let a wolf stay THAT hidden. However, if I answered this question, I would effectively be confirming Penguinator as a villager, and I can't have that. One of my policies as a narrator is that no one should ever be a confirmed role by the narrator. Confirmed by deduction, sure. Confirmed by fellow masons, fine. But never confirmed by me.

I sent Penguinator a PM immediately asking him if he was coming back, then after the PM was sent, I saw the away note on WW Central. I couldn't just have a player taking up an empty slot, so I sent him another PM saying as much, and telling him to please vote the next day, as so many people say was the correct approach to the whole issue.

But then I realized... there was a problem with this. A night action WAS coming that night, and Penguinator was still not online. People would notice this and know that Penguinator was not a wolf. and if he decided to come back, I would have a confirmed villager. I hate to admit it, but I panicked. I needed to protect the game from breaking, and I thought the lesser of two evils was to auto-lynch Penguinator right then and there to put an end to the problem. I also sent Penguinator a third PM explaining the situation and saying I was very sorry for it, but I had no choice.

Was I wrong? Maybe. But someone would have to take the hit for it, and it couldn't be the one remaining wolf. I also couldn't force Legato to just kill Penguinator, because then I would be screwing with HIS plans, which is a massive game changer at endgame, especially with two confirmed masons alive in the game.

If there had been an extra wolf, I probably wouldn't have done it, but I got the feeling well into the game that I understaffed the wolves. I worried about it, too.

I am very sorry if you feel I messed with the flow of the game, I did not want to. And it was my mistake for not checking central as well, as I did not realize just how long Penguinator was filing as away. But at that point in the game, I made the decision that I thought would let the game continue as correctly as possible.

That is my explanation on how I came to make the decision I make. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will answer.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. I never had Legato high on my list of suspects, or Sprig for that matter.

Good thing you other villagers got me out quickly, otherwise I might have done even more damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm honestly surprised by the win. I figured we'd screwed things up pretty badly and the wolves would win for sure. Especially with all the roles out in the open...

But it was fun to play and I enjoyed the narrations.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

That's why i don't like being wolf. Too many people happy about this result! :p

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't see how my one "ghost post" was something that was any different than anyone else's, except that I happened to be a mason who was posting and not a villager or wolf. No worries though.

I've been considering dropping back from playing again and the timing may be better to do so. It was...difficult finding the time and energy to deal with playing in the game.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-10-23 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edited to actually make sense and not be braindead
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

I was shadowing the game from the beginning. I saw how much the ghosts were posting, and I told Haruki that if it were my game, I'd probably put a stop to it. He was more lenient, but someone's post had to be the last one allowed. As the game went on and there were fewer players and more ghosts, there was more of a risk that something would accidentally slip. No one thought any of the players would leak info deliberately.

Spoiler: About Penguinator
    Show
    Haruki discussed the situation with me, and I pretty much agreed with his assessment. Once the villagers asked that question, it forced his hand, though pretty much the 'I'm away till Christmas, don't auto me' post, when posted in mid-October, should have had him immediately auto'd in any game he's in, in my opinion. That's just really abusing the away notification exemption.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-10-23 at 02:28 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Orc in the Playground

Slii, for reference, there was really no need to knee-jerk vouch for me like that. Ask next time.

I did...about what I could be expected to do, being the fool. A foolish fool what outs devils.

Yaaay.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

There was one slip up but I believe Internet Flea caught it first and told him to erase it. Then it was deleted before a lot of people saw it.

As for Peng, I agree with Happyturtle and Haruki. He should have been auto regardless of affilation when he posted that away notice.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I don't see how my one "ghost post" was something that was any different than anyone else's, except that I happened to be a mason who was posting and not a villager or wolf.
    It was different because it was addressing a question asked by a living player. That's always out of bounds unless the game specifically allows strategizing after death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Well. I am rather satisfied that my day 1 death pretty much got two wolves killed in short order. All in all, even though I didn't participate a whole lot, it was a good game.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Well. I am rather satisfied that my day 1 death pretty much got two wolves killed in short order. All in all, even though I didn't participate a whole lot, it was a good game.
    And I apologize for pushing the lynch.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    It was an excellent game, everyone played spectacularly, great job!

Okay, I suppose I should address this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, here's the real problem.

The problem is that on the night Penguinator was auto-lynched, there was only one wolf left. People thought there were two, but this would have effectively ended the game that very night. I assumed people would realize this the next morning, but there was a lingering feeling among the town that they were doomed.

That night, before I made the decision, a player asked if I would accept a PM from Penguinator as a night action if he was filed as away. I did not want to answer it at the time, but the answer to that is: No. I would not save a player from auto-lynch if they had time to come in and send a night kill. I wouldn't let a wolf stay THAT hidden. However, if I answered this question, I would effectively be confirming Penguinator as a villager, and I can't have that. One of my policies as a narrator is that no one should ever be a confirmed role by the narrator. Confirmed by deduction, sure. Confirmed by fellow masons, fine. But never confirmed by me.

I sent Penguinator a PM immediately asking him if he was coming back, then after the PM was sent, I saw the away note on WW Central. I couldn't just have a player taking up an empty slot, so I sent him another PM saying as much, and telling him to please vote the next day, as so many people say was the correct approach to the whole issue.

But then I realized... there was a problem with this. A night action WAS coming that night, and Penguinator was still not online. People would notice this and know that Penguinator was not a wolf. and if he decided to come back, I would have a confirmed villager. I hate to admit it, but I panicked. I needed to protect the game from breaking, and I thought the lesser of two evils was to auto-lynch Penguinator right then and there to put an end to the problem. I also sent Penguinator a third PM explaining the situation and saying I was very sorry for it, but I had no choice.

Was I wrong? Maybe. But someone would have to take the hit for it, and it couldn't be the one remaining wolf. I also couldn't force Legato to just kill Penguinator, because then I would be screwing with HIS plans, which is a massive game changer at endgame, especially with two confirmed masons alive in the game.

If there had been an extra wolf, I probably wouldn't have done it, but I got the feeling well into the game that I understaffed the wolves. I worried about it, too.

I am very sorry if you feel I messed with the flow of the game, I did not want to. And it was my mistake for not checking central as well, as I did not realize just how long Penguinator was filing as away. But at that point in the game, I made the decision that I thought would let the game continue as correctly as possible.

That is my explanation on how I came to make the decision I make. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said before, my problem with this all comes down to timing and player choice. I completely agree with you that Pengi's immunity had to go once the question was asked and you found out about his don't auto post but there was no reason to immediately kill him.

There would have been 7 players left the next day and everyone but the wolves assumed there was 2 wolves left so I don't see how you'd be narrator confirming him as good by leaving him alive. Giving him the day leaves the choice entirely up to him. He could choose to not post and get autoed or he could choose to post in which case he becomes fair game since if he has time to post, he has time to send in night kills since neither takes that long.

Basically:
    Agree that his immunity needed to go due to potential abuse.
    Disagree with the instakill since it removed player choice when one more phase of Penguinator been alive wouldn't have affected the game balance in my opinion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

After reading the Wolf and Mason QT, I do have a question for the wolves (mostly Sprig). Why was I listed on the "Must-Kill" list? I didn't think I presented that much of a threat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I didn't like you! :P

No, no, no, Serious answer: My list were personal threat assessment based on a combination of contribution in game and my knowledge of playstyles from other games. If you made it to the kill list then i was scared of you. :)

I can't recall what was the specific detail that led to you making that list. :( - Early on, you might not tell, but both Legato and I were rather inactive and as a team not nearly as coordinated as i would have liked.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-10-24 at 03:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmm... it's probably safe for me to explain some of my behavior in the mid-game at this point. It's not as if I'm likely to attempt the same ploy again.

In the early game I realized that I wasn't being very helpful in my analysis (it later turned out that I had pegged a wolf on the first day, but I didn't trust my instincts enough to go after Legato when nobody else seemed to find the evidence compelling,) so after Internet Flea outed himself I decided to try to get the wolves to waste a night kill on me by pretending to be a mason. I focused on going after players on Internet Flea's suspect list, often with no explanation given, and at one point I made vague allusions to private messages. Unfortunately, I seem to have done a better job of denying that I was a mason than I had intended to.

After I very visibly failed to even attempt to save EmeraldRose, I gave up on the fake mason plot and just went back to my typical play style.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sorry to screw this game up so much.

Really, though, if I had been a wolf, I probably would have attempted to pay attention. >_<

Long story short, I student teach this semester. You can imagine why that would cause a disappearance.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Slii, for reference, there was really no need to knee-jerk vouch for me like that. Ask next time.

I did...about what I could be expected to do, being the fool. A foolish fool what outs devils.

Yaaay.
    For reference, I was trying to attract attention to myself because my whole game plan for the last half of this game was to sneak in a nightkill before endgame. Since no one on team Town was remotely interested in bringing me into a network despite only FC at the end saying I was suspicious of being wolfy, only after you died, and before then I had everyone including the wolves saying I was lily white, I figured my best chance to help Town as a new player was to draw aggro away from the actual network. By the time I accomplished it, it was too late at best, but even so I was trying. I'm aware that my instincts on actual lynches were bad most of the time, and I didn't really learn much except for what to watch for from particular players, so I was trying for the whole self-sacrifice gambit.

In the end, I was just a fairly unremarkable presence the whole game. It was an experience, but I was kind of glad to be nightkilled so I could watch the rest without stress.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.