New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Supew Dwagon [Predictamancy]

It seems like the dwagon colors are based around the Power Rangers (as I've read in some threads): red, black, yellow, blue, and pink. If that is true, there might be green and white ones as well, but rarer it would seem. And if they are based around the Power Rangers (and the creator's previous thread mentioning how much Ansom and his allies fear the dwagons), perhaps they have some kind of ability to combine themselves into one massive super dragon ("supew/supa dwagon") which is why they are so fearsome (since the creator seems to have specifically alluded to something about them other than the fact that they are scary to begin with; fire breathing + flying + scales + teeth = a bad day any way you cut it).

Edit: I checked to see if the dwagons in the last panel of #31 matched up with the pieces of the Megazord but they didn't.
    Pink -> Head
    Red -> Body
    Black -> Arms
    Blue -> Left Leg
    Yellow -> Right Leg
    Last edited by Maerok; 2007-03-07 at 10:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Supew Dwagon [Predictamancy]

Um... I think they are just dwagons. The power rangers don't have a monopoly on chromatics, and we can see there are other dwagons flying around Efdup in the comic. Presumably there are some duplicates of any given colour.
    "River" cancels eat: Food is problematic.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I know there are multiples, but there have only been five unique colors so far. It would just be that a five-pair of dwagons can turn into something like Tiamat; which makes for multiple cases of mass destruction at the same time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Or maybe he decided to have different species of dragons displayed via different colors.

Edit:
    Oh, and something I forgot to mention: In case you hadn't noticed, he doesn't turn EVERY SINGLE r into a w! Parson isn't Pawson. Curious isn't cuwious. We're isn't we'we. Roaroar isn't woawoaw. Please stop corrupting spelling that he hasn't corrupted! It's annoying
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2007-03-09 at 02:05 AM.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

5. - Top - End - #5

I desperately hope Rob and Jamie don't have the same sense of what is cool that you do ;)
    "River" cancels eat: Food is problematic.

6. - Top - End - #6

PirateWench

There's definitely a green dwagon. It's what Wanda uses to fly Manpower the Temporary back to Gobwin Knob on. 2nd panel of comic 3.

I think there's also a purple dwagon. I had started a thread wondering how many dwagons total that talked about the different colors too:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33706

Some didn't think it was important but I'm betting they're going to make a huge difference in the coming battle. Even Stanley was upset at at losing the blue one, although he seems to have had another.
    Last edited by One Skunk Todd; 2007-03-09 at 09:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    Or maybe he decided to have different species of dragons displayed via different colors.

Edit:
    Oh, and something I forgot to mention: In case you hadn't noticed, he doesn't turn EVERY SINGLE r into a w! Parson isn't Pawson. Curious isn't cuwious. We're isn't we'we. Roaroar isn't woawoaw. Please stop corrupting spelling that he hasn't corrupted! It's annoying
    Yeah, I know he's representing different species, dur hur. "Why doesn't the pink dragon shoot smoke, too?" But I'm just pointing out that the PR colors are being used, and there's something that, well, seems to be very terrible about them other then the fact that they are powerful to begin with. "You're not really going to see why Ansom and Jillian would fear the dwagons until you see them in action." I, being capable of reading between the lines and possibly making a few predictions based on what I've seen and expect to see, wouldn't put it past the creators to do something like this.

And I didn't turn every r into a w. Just the ones for the name, seeing as there hasn't been much in the way of adjectives. So, hoping to make a joke or the such, I called it a 'supew dwagon', but perhaps it was too high brow for some of us... I see it as a running joke.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something: I'm deeply sorry if you are offended by the use of 'w' instead of 'r'; I've heard it is a terrible calamity these days, the worse case of persecution in centuries.

@ One Skunk Todd:
    And perhaps this is a green dwagon, first frame of first comic. Could Wanda's be an Uncroaked dwagon, seeing as being zombified makes people/etc. green in Erfworld? That'd be sweet. I love the undead/uncroaked. O_o
    Last edited by Maerok; 2007-03-09 at 03:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateWench

Good point, didn't think it might be an uncroaked dwagon. Wonder what it would breathe. Plague of some sort maybe.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Why does it neccessarily have to be the Power Rangers?

Why can't we have Dwagontron?

Or maybe even Captain Dwagon? (Maybe the Pink Dwagon is Heart?)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not offended so much as annoyed. It's kinda like that one kid who'll stand there following 3 inches behind his mother saying, "Please please please please please please please please please please please please please..(etc.)" until he gets what he wants. You weren't that kind of kid, were ya, Maewok?

My bringing up simply differentiating the species by color was that sometimes people tend to read too deeply into something that isn't there. I can't remember what exactly it was that I was hearing about, but in one college class the professor allowed someone to go on and on making the argument for something that wasn't present in the story they were analyzing. When the professor had decided enough was enough, he stepped forward with undeniable proof that the kid was wrong. Do you really wanna be embarassed like that? Or would you rather be like me, not reading too deeply into anything until it is revealed, so that instead of feeling either a weird sense of accomplishment or (as I felt the first and only time I did this) a sense of loss as you came to realize that you were right and you ruined the surprise for yourself.
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2007-03-10 at 05:36 PM.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."