New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default …are the winds of time.

The seas of Yorven were raging. As if the spirits of the oceans rebelled against the very land they inhabit. Upon it's waves sat the many ships of Zet, their masters busying themselves aboard, protecting their livelihoods from the crushing embrace of the blackened depths.
    Within the city, the inhabitants went about their daily lives, the biting chill and pounding winds being little from the norm upon these white shores. Unusually however, the centre of Zet played host to the majority of it's inhabitants as well as a number of outlanders, come to Zet to peddle their wares from across the seas and ice dunes.
    Heavy tents have been raised to shield those not used to Yorven's weather from the worst of it. No less than thrice a dozen stalls and their keepers beckoned to potential customers, each one seeking to lay claim on the coin held by the marketeers prey.
    Amongst the folds of wind tested fabric, soothsayers and taletellers walked, speaking of the other Seven nations and changes running rife across the globe. The tale of White Fang and the Broken King was still the most populous of all stories, as the word had not spread far from Yorven as of yet.
    Tmirez's supporters clamor against these tales still, refusing to accept his fall and boasting of his assumed return.
    Across the market the five of you wander, icy winds buffering you as you watch over the stalls, some hired for protection, some looking for a quick swipe or easy bargain.
    Walk your path...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    Seeing as you are still acctepting new people and having become addicted to your writing style after the frist post I would love to join this game.
    The Wielder of the Darkness: Reach out and mutilate somebody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: …are the winds of time.

John had come to see what the city had to offer. His parents had said it was the greatest of evils, but something about that seemed wrong. So he had left the forest and come to town. Now he wanders the market, his tentacles concealed underneath a large coat, though they still left bulges around his shoulders.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Lyle wandered through the various stalls, following his client at a discrete distance. The man's name was something like "Terl" or "Taryl" or something ridiculous like that. Lyle didn't much care. He was the son of a well-to-do merchant in Zet, and had a habit for drinking and getting into trouble. The little bugger was obnoxious, and the last time he'd come to the marketplace, he got in a scuffle with a crew of sailors who had given him a sound beating, so his father went looking to hire him a bodyguard. Lyle actively disliked the man, but his rich father had paid up through to the end of the week, so Lyle would see to it that he would come to no harm. After all, he couldn't afford to be terribly picky about the jobs he took these days.

As he followed his client through the marketplace, he kept his eyes alert for trouble.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Pieter towered above most of the crowd as he walked. His clothes were simple homespun, patched and repatched. A tall man, he held his unnaturally long arms up close to his waist, to obscure his deformity. It never completely stopped the stares. Crowds of people made him nervous, but a city this size usually created a din that served as a barrier against the worst of the insults.

Cities were so expensive, but that was where you could find decent work. Pieter had come in with a merchant train, and just left them at the docks. A fresh pay pouch contained twenty golds for his troubles. That would not last long in a place like this. He needed to find a cheap place to spend the night, then start looking for more work tomorrow. If all went well, he'd be back on the road before spending the last of his pay. Maybe this would be the time.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

5. - Top - End - #5

Tenebris was worried about the rumors that are circulating, the more that comes out about the battle with White Fang and the fall of Tmirez made him shudder. The savage glee some people got when hearing about a fight that they were not a part of, but could hear the details and not care, except for what it could bring them steeled his resolve.

Maybe in this city he could get a new start, as superstitious as he was, he knew when change was about to occur. He had given a warning, but he was ignored even though he was one of the best fighters, well, now his feeling and might would hopefully make him a richer and more powerful man, to help him with his vengeance and goals.
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar
    Life has come up, I apologize if I'm in a game and have just disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #6

Lavender, almond shaped eyes watch the mark weave through the marketplace like a seamstress who had finished off an entire bottle of vodka. The eyes usually belonged to a featureless gray face draped in opalescent hair, but today they belong to a fair-skinned, flaxen-haired beauty of the North. Instead of standing out as the faceless girl with rainbow hair, this allowed Luci Talbot to blend into the crowd of Yorvenian maidens as she trailed her next paycheck. Terlyn, she reminds herself, son of a wealthy Zet merchant. Quick tempered sot with a penchant for loose corks in his bottles and even looser women by his side.

Luci had heard that Terlyn's father had hired some sellsword to look after the young man, but she didn't see the expected muscle at Terlyn's elbow. If she had an opening, this was it. She pulls a half-empty bottle of vodka from her satchel and uncorks it, putting on the affectation of drunkenness. As she draws close to the mark, she executes a carefully-planned stumble and falls into his open arms. A tiny bit of alcohol sloshes onto the ground as Luci flutters her lavender, almond shaped eyes at the man. "Blessings and apologies, sir," she purrs. "Would have been a shame to waste the end of this bottle on the ground. Can I pour you a glass or two to warm your bones and thank you for your muscles?" As she offers the man a drink, she flashes him the most subtle of winks.

Path of Chaos - (1d20)[16] from this morning's invocation of Beguiling Influence.
    Disguise - (1d20+20)[36] to blend in with the locals.
    Taking 10 on Bluff for a total of 30 for the fake fall. If Perform (Act) is more apt, (1d20+8)[22].
    Taking 10 on Diplomacy for a total of 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

7. - Top - End - #7

John
    Few in the Market pay you any heed, just another face in the crowd. In your wanderings you find a man stood upon a statue near the center of the square, shouting out the return of the King of Beast's. Staying a moment to listen you hear him claim the fall of Tmirez was foreseen by the court of old. That the followers of the broken king should fall in praise of the Undying King. The small crowd surrounding him, do not share his opinion's.

Lyle & Luci
    Terlyn, a man of quick desires recovers quickly from the surprise and allows a thick grin to plaster itself across a fat, bearded face. "You're very welcome." He clearly puff's his chest out and accepts the drink, "I think I would be foolish to ignore such a, lovely creature." his eye's leer over Luci before a moment's realisation takes his attention and he turns his head back to Lyle.
    "You can go now, uh, Lale, tell father you lost me." he then smiles and turns to leave, wrapping his arm around Luci as he does.

Tenebris
    You wander throughout the crowds, catching the cries and claims of the storytellers as they shout of the new kings and old. You only notice how long you have lingered when a young man tugs at your sleeve, offering up a warm cup containing a thin brown liquid and an outstretched hand.

Pieter
    For a while, you could almost feel your distaste for crowds becoming unjustified, however, the closer to the centre of the square the more surrounded you feel. Eye's are almost forced towards you as people have to squeeze past yourself. As you start to overhear a number of storytellers you are forced through a horde of "scruffy" individuals, who move at speed from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    Seeing as you are still acctepting new people and having become addicted to your writing style after the frist post I would love to join this game.
    The Wielder of the Darkness: Reach out and mutilate somebody

8. - Top - End - #8

"And what can I do for you child? If you seek coin for that drink then you are mistaken, I am not thirsty right now, and a hot drink is not what I am currently looking for. If you can tell me though, where I would find the recruiter at this time I would pay for that, especially since I haven't had to look for him since I joined an outfit last time."

Tenebris will await the childs responses and seek a meaning from them, also keeping an eye on him because a childs innocence is sometimes the best cover to try and steal from those who think nothing of it.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Spot:(1d20+7)[17]
    Gather Information:(1d20+4)[21] to either get the answer out of the child, or hunt around for that which he seeks.
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar
    Life has come up, I apologize if I'm in a game and have just disappeared.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Lyle narrows his eyes and gives a non-committal grunt in response to Terlyn, and watches him turn to start wandering off. He eyes the woman in Terlyn's arms as they start to leave and thinks, The blasted fool is off to spend a small fortune on women and drink, and it isn't much past noon. He shakes his head and begins to follow them again, I don't work for you, you fat little worm, he muses, and more's the pity. At least it's easier to keep you out of harm's way when you are passed out in a bed.

Lyle continues to follow Terlyn and the woman, albeit at a distance of roughly ten paces. Far enough back that he could keep Terlyn from noticing, but not so far that he couldn't be there if trouble started. He watched the woman his charge was with. He knew that many of the working girls around here were also pickpockets, and some of them weren't even prostitutes, but simple thieves who would use their good looks to lure a target into an alley where she would leave him bleeding and poor. As far as Lyle was concerned, she could clear out Terlyn's pockets, just so long as she didn't draw steel on him.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

John looked at the man. The word "King" was unfamiliar to him, but it seemed an unpopular idea to the townsfolk. He noted that, and moved along, wanting to learn more of these strange animals who lived beyond the forest.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #11

HalflingPirate

Pieter shuddered as the crowd pressed in. Why can't I just blend in and be invisible -- like that fellow over there. The man found himself slipping away. He caught himself just in time. Disappearing would draw more eyes. I mustn't. Wait, did I just see someone? He looked around for the fellow that blended perfectly. It was no easy task, but Pieter's eyes were keen. He followed the man for a minute, trying to figure out what made him so hard to distinguish. He flows with the traffic, not through it. I can't do anything about my height, but maybe... Pieter's thought trailed off as the scent of cooked meat hit his nostrils. By the time he spotted the foodcart and looked back, the nondescript man was gone. Pieter shrugged. He wasn't even particularly hungry right now.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

12. - Top - End - #12

The woman with Terlyn turns to his bodyguard and winks a lavender, almond-shaped eye. "Yes, be a dear," she says with a smile. "We'll be safe, promise." Part of her used to shudder when a strange man put his arm around her, but that part had stopped long ago. As Lyle watches them walk off, he notices that the woman walks with the gentle saunter of a professional. She knew how to draw a man's eye, but how to keep the touch of subtlety that made him think the saunter was for him alone. As the two of them walk, Luci asks nonchalant questions about what Teryln does for a living...questions that seemed innocuous, but were carefully selected to pull out information about his father's incoming shipment of goods. After all, why pick the prince's pocket when you could steal from the vault of the king? However, Luci's recon is only her second focus at the moment. She didn't know of anyone by the name of Lale, but that bodyguard had seemed eerily familiar, as if she had seen him somewhere before...

Knowledge Local - (1d20+8)[28]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC