New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [IC] D&D 5e : Lost Mine of Phandelver - BH

Liuailo Galanodel

Liuailo wandered out of the cave. He was a bit... damp, but unharmed. He's wanted to go to town to wash the stink of the road off him, so this suited him just fine. He wandered out of the cave to see most of the others had been washed out with the river.

"Looks like what the cat dragged in got washed out by the tide. I suppose if it's all right with you, we'll just sit here and rest while that goblin that got away tells all his friends about us."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

As Arha approaches the opening of a cave she see people staggering out of the cave, they are drenched and injured. She cautiously walks toward the cave when she sees a human brandishing a short sword call out to her. "Hello there... I am Arha. You and your companions look like you could use some help."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Aeron

Shoulders sagging with exhaustion, Aeron sheathes his sword. "Well, you aren't wrong." he says, in response to the newcomer's assessment.

Looking back towards the elf, Aeron smiles, "A rest, even a small one, might be good. They may even think that we are finished after that last attack - it seemed like it was something they were prepared to use." Aeron looks around more, his hand outstretched toward the one calling herself Arha, indicating a "hold on" gesture. "Liuailo, did you see Keys on your way out?"

DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

4. - Top - End - #214

"Do you have a towel? I could really use a towel right now."

Despite having just survived a vicious surge of water, the tiefling didn't look much worse for wear. She had a few scrapes and bruises, and her clothes were soaking wet. She gave Aeron an affirmative smirk and stood out in the open, wringing water from her hair.

"Don't worry about Keys," she added. "I'm sure he'll turn up. Gnomes are, like, impossible to get rid of."
    Last edited by Marcivo; 2014-09-20 at 07:11 PM.
    To see the World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour

5. - Top - End - #215

BlackDragon

Torinn

"A towel is probably...the least of our concerns, Kit. Torinn says, grimacing in pain. "I too would like a short breather...at the very least to bandage this up..." He says, gesturing at the still bleeding hole in his shoulder from the goblin javelin, then closes his eyes, saying, "And maybe to make the world stop spinning so much." The large dragonborn then slowly sinks to a sitting position. He seems to have missed Arha somehow, possibly being too preoccupied with his own injuries.

Spoiler: Torinn Yarjerit
    Show

My 5e Dragonborn Barbarian. All credit for this drawing goes to Meltheim!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Miraculously unharmed, Keys follows the sound of his companions' voices and makes his way back to them, no worse for the wear.

"Hello, everyone!" he says cheerily, "I hope you are all in one piece. These goblins certainly have cunning!"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

Arha walks closer to the group when the human lowers his short sword. She sees that he and a barbarian are badly injured. She puts her hand on his arm saying, Human, may your wounds heal with my help. Arha then walks over to the barbarian and puts her hand lightly on his shoulder. Barbarian, I hope this helps to make the world stop spinning.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Cast Cure Wounds on Aeron: [roll0]

Cast Cure Wounds on Torinn: [roll1]

Spoiler: Spells
    Show

Cure Wounds
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Touch
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous

A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spell casting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

Last edited by RoaringMouse; 2014-09-21 at 05:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Aeron

Aeron's eyes close as he is enveloped in holy light. His eyelids flutter open as he says to Arha, "I . . . I didn't know how bad off I was. I've been healed by the druids before, but that usually takes longer and tastes fouler. Thank you, so much, for the gift of life. I will make sure it is not wasted."

Aeron restrings his bow and nocks another arrow. Looking to make sure that the others are ready, he sees a battered bit of armor and a broken spear come floating down the river. Solemnly, Aeron says, "Oh, Sergor. Between the rockslide and the flood, I guess he never made it." A little more steel enters his voice, and Aeron adds, "Well then, we'll just have to make sure to bag a few extra goblins in his name. You all ready?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm at full health, by whatever spell healed me
    Last edited by Meltheim; 2014-09-21 at 05:58 PM.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Recalcitrent View Post
    Torinn

"A towel is probably...the least of our concerns, Kit. Torinn says, grimacing in pain. "I too would like a short breather...at the very least to bandage this up..." He says, gesturing at the still bleeding hole in his shoulder from the goblin javelin, then closes his eyes, saying, "And maybe to make the world stop spinning so much." The large dragonborn then slowly sinks to a sitting position. He seems to have missed Arha somehow, possibly being too preoccupied with his own injuries.
    "The least of your concerns, maybe. I'm soaking wet."

Pointedly, the tiefling unhitched her cape and let it fall to the ground with a solid plop. She picked it up again and began to wring the water out, inch by grueling inch.

"I guess that makes us square," she added, on Sergor's apparent demise.
    And Eternity in an hour

10. - Top - End - #220

BlackDragon

Torinn

Torinn sighs in relief as his wounds knit rapidly, leaving only the slightest of marks behind. The black dragonborn opens his eyes and nods to the healer. "Yes, that has stopped the world's spinning. Thank you." With renewed energy, Torinn swiftly stands up, and looks at the rest of the party. Noticing Sergor's remains, the dragonborn frowns, a strange sight, to say the least, and says "We still need to either rescue or avenge Gundren. Sergor's death doesn't change that...though we should proceed with more caution from here on out. Torinn steps over and picks up Sergor's helm, and places it in his pack. "His family and friends deserve to have closure." he says as he picks it up. "I cannot speak for the others, but I for one would greatly appreciate any further help you would be willing to offer, though what you have already given is more than we could ask for." Torinn says, speaking to Arha.
    Last edited by Recalcitrent; 2014-09-21 at 10:33 PM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Cragmaw Hideout : The Cave Mouth - Day 3

The cave mouth stand before you, as dark as ever and still filled with the sound of the bubbling stream, daring you to return.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

12. - Top - End - #222

Kit frowned, passing a look from person to person until her eyes finally settled on Arha - or, at least, that was the impression given by her inscrutable, dark gaze.

Finally, she threw up her hands in a gesture of mock confusion.

"I dunno. How do we know she's not one of those kinds of priests?"

Like dogs, priests were generally a barking torment to the young tiefling - one she'd learned to categorize in the same bin.
    And Eternity in an hour

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Aeron

"As opposed to one of those kinds of Goblins?" Aeron retorts. "Look, I am not one much for religion either. You give me a full moon and I will strip down and wear a holly crown with the rest of the Druids, but church is not my thing. That said, she has helped us, so let's see where this takes us."

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

14. - Top - End - #224

"Well, by my count," she growled, "there's a lot more funny priests than goblins."

Kit grimaced, turning a stubborn little side-glance away from Arha. She felt cold suddenly, and tried crossing her arms and rubbing a little more circulation into them. It helped a bit. She still let out an involuntary shiver. It worked its way all the way down to the tip of her tail.

"Agreed, I guess. But no one's going to give me any sermons."

The tiefling looked back at Arha, finally, and gave a half-grimacing half-attempt at a smile. "I'm Kit," she said. The next words caught like acid in her throat. "Well met."
    And Eternity in an hour

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Keys strokes his chin thoughtfully at Kit's comment.
    "Can't say I've met many funny priests. Indeed, many of them are singularly lacking in humor. Regardless of one's proclivity towards merriment, you may call me 'Keys' for short. Some extra assistance in this matter is most welcome. Speaking of which, the goblin camp is likely on full alert now. While it may be more dangerous, the life of our missing employer might be even more at risk."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

Removing her hand from the dragonborn's shoulder Arha turns toward the gnome and nods a greeting. She then faces the tiefling and says I am a cleric of Selûne, the goddess of light and wanderers. I'm not much for jokes so I'm doubt you will find me very funny. I will not give you any sermons if you tell me what you and your companions are doing at this cave all bloodied and soaked.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"What are we doing at the mouth of a cave? Looking for a dwarf, of course! Not just any dwarf, but one who hired us to transport a wagon of supplies to Phandelin, which we promptly abandoned by the side of the road when he was captured by goblins. His captors live in this cave, which sports remarkably unsafe plumbing."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Aeron

Chuckling at Keys' bluntness, Aeron waves Arha over. "Guess we're heading back in. You are welcome to join us for this leg of it, and we'll see what happens after Gundren has been rescued."

With that, Aeron nods to Torinn, "Shall we?"
    Last edited by Meltheim; 2014-09-22 at 03:05 PM. Reason: colors

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

Well if you're all going back into the cave I should come with you. It looks like you could use my help. She smiles and draws her warhammer ready for whatever battle lies inside the cave.

20. - Top - End - #230

Kobold

Liuailo Galanodel

Liuailo was glad someone came along that could patch the others up. He wanted to get back to town as soon as possible, so the faster they were done with this bit of goblin business the better.

"You finally ready then? Sure you wouldn't rather start a fire and make yourself a nice hot cup of tea first?"

Liuailo continued to stand near the cave entrance waiting for someone else to go first.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Aeron

The ranger strides forward just behind Torinn, hoping that he will have time to get an accurate shot off with his bow before any further trouble happens.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

22. - Top - End - #232

BlackDragon

Torinn

Torinn grunts slightly at Aeron's invitaton, and takes point, striding off, back into the cave, heading to the former dam that allowed one goblin to escape the party's grasp.

Show

23. - Top - End - #233

"What he said," Kit muttered, tilting her head toward the gnome. She'd all but given up on trying to dry the cape. It sat in a bundle, stuffed haphazardly into her sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Meepo View Post
    Liuailo Galanodel

Liuailo was glad someone came along that could patch the others up. He wanted to get back to town as soon as possible, so the faster they were done with this bit of goblin business the better.

"You finally ready then? Sure you wouldn't rather start a fire and make yourself a nice hot cup of tea first?"

Liuailo continued to stand near the cave entrance waiting for someone else to go first.
    "Tea would be great," she said as she fell in line behind Aeron. "Let's brew a big pot if we all survive."
    And Eternity in an hour

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Cragmaw Hideout : The Step Passge - Day 3

Marching through the tunnel once again you begin to climb the steps in the step passage atop which the water trap had previously resided. A few lose stones still lie scattered about from the temporary damn wall but none of them impede your journey. You approach the steps through which the goblin had scampered off and at this point have a better vantage of the room itself. To your left is what remains of the large pool of water that had flooded the cave, beyond which is a second pool held in place by fieldstone damns. A narrow waterfall high in the eastern wall feeds the pools as the water flows from one to the other and then feeds the stream that flows through the cave mouth below. The sound of the waterfall fills this area making things harder to hear and spray dampens the gusts of air that waft over you. A pillar of rock and two large stalagmites block most of your view to the east but the room does appear to open up that way. Additionally a small passage in the western walls can be seen narrow enough for a single file line.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

The tunnel was dark and it appeared Arha's new companions did not have any dry torches. Arha takes out her staff, she summons a bright white light to illuminate the end of the staff like a torch. That's better. Torinn take this to help light the way. She hands the staff to Torinn.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show

Light
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Touch
    Components: V, M (a firefly or phosphorescent moss)
    Duration: (1 hour)

You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.
    Last edited by RoaringMouse; 2014-09-23 at 09:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236

BlackDragon

Torinn

Torinn takes the staff in his hand, and continues forward into the room, glancing around as the staff lights up the dark room.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to S9

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Cragmaw Hideout : Twin Pools Cave - Day 3

Encounter Four : I'll Be Dammed

Torinn cautiously approaches the intersection ahead while the group files in behind him in marching order. To the east the waterfall fills the entire room with it's roar making it difficult to listen for the goblin who had released the damn and flooded the cave. Between the rock wall and the stalagmites in the room the others can now begin seeing the second makeshift damn holding back another torrent of water. As the light from the staff begins to fill the room you catch sight of dark shapes moving in the shadows. Three goblins are at the far end of the room; two of them wielding short swords and the third begins to ready an arrow for it's shortbow.

Initiative Order
    Initiative Order
    -Bowman
    -Torinn, Arha, Liuailo
    -Swordsmen
    -Keys, Kit, Aeron

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Cragmaw Hideout : Twin Pools Cave - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
    -Bowman
    -Torinn, Arha, Liuailo
    -Swordsmen
    -Keys, Kit, Aeron

The archer moves forward and fires an arrow at Torinn but it seems to have been in too much of a rush to escape and the arrow comes no where close to even striking the dragonborn. The creature yells something that cannot be heard over the din of the falls and rushes off to the south where it begins to head up another flight of stone steps.

Show
    Goblin Bowman
    Move : U9 (10 feet of movement)
    Attack : Shortbow attack on Torinn
    Attack : (1d20+4)[5] vs AC
    Hit : 5 damage
    Move : U13 (20 feet of movement)

Goblin Bowman critically misses Torinn : 0 Damage

It is now Group 1's turn.
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2014-09-23 at 11:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

BlackDragon

Torinn

"It will take more than a mere river to wash away this dragon!" Torinn yells, and charges forward, dropping the staff on the ground, and, with an overhead swing, attacks the goblin in front of him, cleaving it in half, from crown to crotch.

Show
    Move to S8 then T8
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage Roll: (1d12+3)[14]
    Last edited by Recalcitrent; 2014-09-23 at 11:50 AM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arha

Arha sees Torinn kill a goblin in one strike. She runs to the other goblin and swings at the goblin.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Move: O6 to S10
    Attack: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]