New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: How I believe the Durkula awareness reveal will go.

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Yes, but you have to account for vampiric tastes; as long as you're not bathing in the blood of your enemies you're probably okay.
    That must be what the lavender bath gel and a good loofah are for.

This thread is a success! We've figured out one of the Giant's unrevealed plot threads!

Hooray!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Actually, his knowledge of the rules is better than yours.
    I was wrong to use dodge, as typically it does stack. In my above example I was specifically citing that it didn't... but it was a bad analogy as it led down this rabbit hole.

I'll go fix it. My underlying point remains the same.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Doesn't it depend on what the OOTS learns from exposing the lie? Having someone composed purely of negative energy in your friend's body is one thing, knowing that being has trapped your friend's soul and intends to destroy thousands of lives is another. In D&D universes good characters tend to fight vampires on sight, but OOTS didn't, and they may as well hesitate to do so even after learning the truth, depending on which truth they learn. It's possible that Durkula could convince them he shares their goal and since there is no way to bring Durkon back, staking Durkula would mean losing their team cleric. However, this is not how I believe the story will go, simply because we already have Belkar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Actually, his knowledge of the rules is better than yours.
    Thanks, littlebum2002!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    That must be what the lavender bath gel and a good loofah are for.

This thread is a success! We've figured out one of the Giant's unrevealed plot threads!

Hooray!
    I guess we can add "afraid of vampires" to the list of things we know about the MitD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavennin View Post
    Doesn't it depend on what the OOTS learns from exposing the lie? Having someone composed purely of negative energy in your friend's body is one thing, knowing that being has trapped your friend's soul and intends to destroy thousands of lives is another. In D&D universes good characters tend to fight vampires on sight, but OOTS didn't, and they may as well hesitate to do so even after learning the truth, depending on which truth they learn. It's possible that Durkula could convince them he shares their goal and since there is no way to bring Durkon back, staking Durkula would mean losing their team cleric. However, this is not how I believe the story will go, simply because we already have Belkar.
    Absolutely. If nothing else, the fact that Durkula currently resides on this word gives him some incentive to keep it from being totally obliterated. This makes an alliance possible, even if it would only be temporary.