New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Introducing a Factotum

What changes, if any, would you make to the factotum class before allowing it, or running it yourself, in an otherwise strictly Pathfinder game?
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Introducing a Factotum

The Factotum actually needs effectively no modification to play in a Pathfinder game. The nature of its abilities (and the fact that its skill list is "All") means that translation just means referring to a different book. The class itself is solid, and will be able to keep up with most parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Actually, given that turn undead works differently in Pathfinder, you'd have to change that. Given that Factotums can already heal with their turn undead, I'd say just change it to giving them channel energy instead.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    What changes, if any, would you make to the factotum class before allowing it, or running it yourself, in an otherwise strictly Pathfinder game?
    1. Take the Investigator.
    2. Scratch out the word "Investigator"
    3. Write the word "Factotum"
    4. It's Miller Time.

5. - Top - End - #5

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

As said a few things can be changed.

1: Change Opportunistic piety into Channel (Positive or Negative) Energy. At level 20 that is 6+Wis mod a day. Now I would probably do something about how many dice you are rolling through. Perhaps just lift from the Cleric so you channel energy as a Cleric -2/3 levels of your Factotum Minimum 1d6 to represent that you are not on par with the Cleric

2: Change Skill list, talk about converting over the Iaijutsu Focus skill as it really is the Factotums main damage dealer.

3: Import over Font of Inspiration it is basically the classes life blood.

I have seen people sometimes suggest giving Factotum 8+Int for skills. For a class that is heavily focused on Int for abilities this seems a Tad much for me. But Your GM would have to decide if 8+4 as a starting skill points are worth it. Now granted the loss of a x4 is harsh but the +3 to all class skills you have a rank in makes the Factotum a GENIUS
    Last edited by HereBeMonsters; 2014-08-31 at 02:31 AM.