New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Are there any good prestige classes that you can get into at lower levels than 6

Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    Unless I'm missing something obvious?
    Your claim is that the thing that says it counts as a normal level for purposes of max skill ranks doesn't increase max skill ranks?

Are you saying that normal levels don't increase max skill ranks?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Are there any good prestige classes that you can get into at lower levels than 6

You can also get into Church Inquisitor at level 4 without any cheese by just taking 3 levels in Cleric.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    Your claim is that the thing that says it counts as a normal level for purposes of max skill ranks doesn't increase max skill ranks?

Are you saying that normal levels don't increase max skill ranks?
    I'm not. I'm saying that Bloodlines, being normal levels, do increase max skill ranks, as per the text. I was merely saying that I disagreed with Biffoniacus_Furiou saying that they don't count as levels at all. Since the text states that function as normal levels for several things, I assumed that they functioned as normal levels for those things.

Although, after looking at the text again, I will concede that I don't really see anywhere that states they do count as normal levels, so they probably don't. But I also don't see, then, how they function at all. Are they free? Are they, as Troacctid said, exactly like LA (taking up a "level," but can be bought off)?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Church Inquisitor and Ordained Champion can be started at level 4 and 5 respectively

Any PRC that requires you to have low-level casting can be got into early by means of illumian sigils and the like. Bone Knight, Mystic Theurge, etc.

Of course, the more cheese you use, the more options you have. Dragonwrought kobolds anyone?
    Last edited by strangebloke; 2014-08-31 at 08:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure?

I always thought, based on these, that Bloodlines counted as levels, they just don't work in the exact same way as class levels (which might be what you're referencing, I think?).

Unless I'm missing something obvious?
    I'm not. I'm saying that Bloodlines, being normal levels, do increase max skill ranks, as per the text. I was merely saying that I disagreed with Biffoniacus_Furiou saying that they don't count as levels at all. Since the text states that function as normal levels for several things, I assumed that they functioned as normal levels for those things.

Although, after looking at the text again, I will concede that I don't really see anywhere that states they do count as normal levels, so they probably don't. But I also don't see, then, how they function at all. Are they free? Are they, as Troacctid said, exactly like LA (taking up a "level," but can be bought off)?
    You missed one important part:

Over the course of his career, a character with a bloodline becomes more powerful than one without a bloodline. Because the power gain is gradual over a span of twenty levels, a static level adjustment doesn't truly reflect this difference. instead, a bloodline character must take one or more levels of "bloodline" at various points in his career, as noted on Table: Bloodline Levels. Before a character with a bloodline reaches the indicated character level, he must take one class level of "bloodline." Class levels of "bloodline" do not increase a character's character level the way a normal class level does, but they do provide certain benefits (see below).
    What you cited about adding bloodline levels to class levels for level-dependent class features and increasing max skill ranks is the exception to the above. They don't increase your character level at all, but they act like they do in those two ways, but those are the only two ways that they act like they've increased your character level. Anything else that counts character level, including experience rewards and experience needed to level up, completely ignores your bloodline levels.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

For a low-powered game, you can get into Dread Witch at level 3rd.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.