Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Stormy Isles

(Holding for flag)

Approaching this collection of islands, one is greeted by a storm. Day or night, one always comes across a storm when coming to these isles, hence why they are named the Stormy Isles. Itís a quirk of the Nexus why that this. There are five major islands through there are a number of smaller isles in this archipelago. This frontier of the Nexus has recently come under new rule, and a focus on exploration and defining the isles is a driving focus on the history of this place.

There are new futures to make, and new opportunities to take advantage of here. What you make of the Stormy Isles, is up to you.

Spoiler: Rules
    Show
    1:Godmodding is not permissible! As stated in the rules in the FFRP Central Thread, godmodding is generally not allowed without permission. If you're shaky on what might be, and what might not be godmodding, please follow the above link.

2:Remember the curtain! It is accepted that there will of course be some inter-PC relationships, and that romance and certain physical interactions (commonly known as sex) happen. However, please be courteous to others and curtain any scene that you wouldn't be willing to write with your parents watching. This is so you can stay within forum rules, as well as letting those uninterested in the scene pass by without having to glimpse your poorly written and anatomically impossible erotica. Thank you.

3:All Nexus-Wide plots need to be brought up in OOC first! We all want to have the entire city be cast into a frozen wasteland from time to time, but such things need to be brought up in OOC first, to allow players plenty of warning, and so people don't feel like anything is being forced upon them that they don't want to RP.

Spoiler: Locations
    Show

Filas
    Spoiler
    Show
    The largest of islands is Filas, home to the largest settlement on the isles. Its rocky harbor is overlooked by Castle Tempest, home of the ruler of the Stormy Isles. Most of the population of the isles lives in the small city that rests in the shadow of the castle. Itís a fairly calm place, for a city in the Nexus, through. Most of its shores are rocky cliffs, making its sole harbor very important. Itís also fairly unexplored, as before the arrive of the ruler of the isles most people preferred not to risk the storms and its mountainous peak.

Daros
    Spoiler
    Show
    The second largest island is covered with a thick jungle, home to many rare plants and animals. A pity that a number of these inhabitants are quite dangerous, some of them wouldnít be out of place in the Hunting Grounds. The connection this island has to the rest of the isles is a fort made from the strong trees found on the island itself.

Undos
    Spoiler
    Show
    The middle of the five islands in size, it is a fertile place. Because of its size, there are not as many people as on Filas, but its population is the second largest. Most of the food of the islands come from here, and its landscape is dotted with a number of towns and villiages.

Sares
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second smallest in size and oddest in shape, this island has no less than eleven different peaks on it at any given movement in time. Covered in shifting crystals, this island is thought to be cause of the storms that appear when someone approaches it. The very air rings with magic, which is why there is a floating village on its shore, home to those who wished to use its magic for themselves, through no one has been successful at that task for long.

Helis
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the smallest of the islands and the newest. The volcano that raised it out of the sea still continues to smoke and smolder, but it has yet to erupt for some time. However, that doesnít mean that this island is without inhabitants. A small town, built in a manner that protects it from the heat and other dangers of the island rest on the western shore. After all, there are a number of valuable minerals that can be found here if you are willing to dig them out.

Current Events
    Spoiler
    Show
    Settling of the isles

----------------------------

Currently, the helicopter team carrying a stolen lightning cannon and the ruler of the isles has just reached Filas, where they gentle lower the cannon into the countyard of the castle and then land. After a moment, Gordon steps out of one of the helicopters.

"Well my guests, we are here."
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-09-02 at 12:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Stormy Isles

The Dark Ride Ends

Another brand new life...

Clara wonders what she's gotten herself into, looking at the island which will be her home.

She steps out on to the island...

Well, your Majesty, it's quite a place.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Thatcher by gurgleflep.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Castle Tempest

"Thank you."

Gordon glances at the work on setting the lightning cannon, then heads for a large door set in the green colored stone wall.

"My council should be meeting in its chamber in about five minutes, so we might as well introduce you to them at that point. This way please."
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-09-02 at 12:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Castle Tempest

Clara agrees, It'd be a pleasure.

As she follows Gordon, her dragons fly behind her, occasionally perching on her head or shoulders.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Castle Tempest

And so the pair heads inside, walking down the corridor lit with electric blue lamps. About every twenty feet Gordon pauses to check a small map.

"Sorry about this, but I have a terrible sense of direction. I have to do this or have help, else I have a tendency to walk into storage closets by accident."

6. - Top - End - #6

Castle Tempest

I understand completely...often times Gymn has a more level head than I. And Candor helps me from getting lost in our own castle. She forgot to mention that each wizard lives in a castle of his or her own. Of course, there are only 50 or so of these wizards.

When were we going to meet the Catwalks? After the meeting or just whenever we bump into one?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Castle Tempest

"You have a castle?" Most wizards go for towers, not castles.

Gordon turns a corner and smiles, pointing at a pair of doors.

"Likely after the meeting, and here we are."

Gordon opens the doors, revealing a room with a circular table and twelve chairs around it. Sitting in one of the chairs is, well, a pirate. He looks like a pirate would dress, and he has a parrot on his shoulder.

"Ahoy Marshall."
    "Clara, this is Pete, my admiral and his parrot Polly."

8. - Top - End - #8

Castle Tempest

Well, I had a castle. It was lovely, looked like a big crystal sticking out of the mountainside. Plenty of room, with passages, towers, rooms, and a wonderful library. And the best servants I could ask for. Ah well...that's gone now.

Yes, probably best to save the hybrid creatures for later...

Clara does crack a grin at Pete's stereotypical appearance, though. Hullo there, Pete, Polly. I'm a wizard.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Castle Tempest

"Aar, so ye be the mage who be working the shifting island.""You would think with an official position you would stop talking like that." "I be talking my way Polly."

Gordon smiles at the pair and sits down, his chair having been pulled by a man who was maybe here the whole time, or just appeared.

"Thank you Rogar. Clara, this is Rogar, my minister."
    "Hello Magus Clara. How do you do?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-09-02 at 02:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Castle Tempest

The dragons chatter amongst themselves excitedly, trying to imitate the talking bird.

As for Clara, she takes a seat for herself, but not before offering the minister a hand to shake. Apparently it's a multiversal gesture.

A pleasure, Minister Rogar. I am quite well. The journey was uneventful.

I look forward to examining the crystal structures on the shifting isles. They remind me of home.

I'm assuming she'll have seen them as they flew in to the area.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Castle Tempest

Rogar shakes Clara's hand and then sits down himself.

"I'm afraid Naz'on will not be joining us today. There are some issues he had to attend to."
    "I see. Well, Hanzo should be here."

The door opens and a man wearing a band full of knife and a scar over his eye walks in, followed by a suit of armor.

"So, the king went and brought a big gun. So, what little thing do we have to talk about."

Hanzo pauses and gives Clara a look over.

"So, who this little sweet thing?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-10-14 at 12:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Castle Tempest

Clara listens to Rogar and Gordon, unfamiliar with the names.

"So, who this little sweet thing?"

Clara raises an eyebrow, sitting up straight in her seat as she replies coolly.

I am the Light Wizard Clara Tovell, Dragon Keeper and servant of Wulder. You are Hanzo then, I presume?

She would not be trifled with...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Castle Tempest

Hanzo is a bit taken back.

"A wizard? So, your here to focus on that island, like I focus on mine. Well, you haven't been here long, so you don't get to over speak me."

"Hanzo please sit, we can handle your issues later."

Hanzo grudgingly sits down, while the suit of armor walks over to Gordon, and then pulls off the helmet, revealing that there is nothing underneath it.

14. - Top - End - #14

Castle Tempest

So it would appear. She makes no comment on the "talking over him" bit.

The Gordon has everyone sit down. Hanzo's enchanted armor is impressive to Clara, but not unheard of. She could probably do it herself if she needed to.

Tovell will wait to speak, since she has nothing to say.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Castle Tempest

Out of the suit of armor floats out a catlike creature, but the head is much more reptilian than a cat. Its floats its way onto Gordon's lap, and he begins to stroke it.

"Now then, as introductions have gone around, on to business."

The council starts talking about the connections between the islands, current states of the settlements and how there might be reactions from Gordon's choice of gaining the new councilor and defensive weapon.

(Sorry, I have to go now, be back latter.)

16. - Top - End - #16

Castle Tempest

So that must be a catwalk...Clara thinks to herself, listening to the reports and trying to stay focused. All of this would prove to be important later on...

At the mention of her acquisition she pipes up.

Pardon the inturreption, but if I may, your Majesty...she waits for a sign to "go ahead" before continuing. My only connection to any other Nexians was with the Organization called Aegis. Due to their lack of activity, I do not believe they will come looking for me. That is all.

Clara will then resume her silence.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Castle Tempest

Gordon nods when Clara speaks up.

"I see. Its a shame that a group falls apart and all that they had is scattered to the winds. And please, if you have something to add, feel free to do so."
    "Indeed, him won't have picked you if he thought your thoughts didn't matter."

The council goes on to talk about how to improve the population of the isles, as their population is a bit on the small side.

18. - Top - End - #18

Castle Tempest

Clara nods in appreciation to the Minister and Gordon, glad that her opinions would be heard.

When the question of population arises she definitely has thoughts on the matter.

We could encourage the current citizens to --for lack of a better term-- breed, by offering compensations for the new child. Simple things, like a box with some essentials that any mother would need for a newborn: a blanket, a child toy, one or two outfits, maybe a bottle and a pacifier. Or even a small sum of money or food.

Some couples wait for children simply because they don't believe they can afford them. These Baby Boxes would comfort young couples, giving them the knowledge that their little ones would not go wanting.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Castle Tempest

"Well, that's fine and dandy but my people can't afford to do that. The island I'm in charge of has too many monsters on it. Why don't you use your magic and just pull more people here. We're sitting on a pulling point of the Nexus with all the storms we get, shouldn't be hard to pull people over instead."
    "Arr, we know not if that be the reason behind the swells.""Besides, its not as easy as you would think."

"Indeed, besides, that could result in having a hostile army bought over, which would be the opposite. Frankly, Clara's idea will work fine, if a bit slower. Rogar can you get started on that?"

"Yes, but the kobolds will want something dragonic for theirs. You might end up needing more regenerating potion after this."

20. - Top - End - #20

Castle Tempest

Hanzo, I actually do have a method of bringing people here, but it's risky. I believe my time and magic would be better spent fertilizing soil for produce, or creating materials for the boxes.

To clarify, I cannot create something out of nothing, but I can change the form of almost anything into nearly whatever I can think of. Weapons, supplies, anything related to light.

As for the Kobolds, a community bath/sauna could be a valuable future investment, whenever we have the time and money. A hatchery was made for the dragon eggs I carry or inevitably find, and the constantly heated rooms were mostly used by the Kobolds, as it was an exceptionally cold winter.

She thinks for a moment, giving the rest of the counsel time to process her thoughts as well.

We could also harvest the energy from the storms to power...well, essentially everything. Lights, buildings...we could have Power Depots set up to hold excess power in case of a dry period or if the storms leave without warning.

Krakl coughs, shooting out a small bolt of lightning.

Candor and Gymn play tag around the room, the teleporter having a significant advantage over his green older brother.

The little tykes have no sense of decorum.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Castle Tempest

The council thinks on the first part of what Clara says, but laughs a bit when she talks about powering things.

"Magus Clara, Gordon has already made many ways to harness the storms. Lightning is the majority of his magic, and so he knows how to use it quite well. As for the rest, I'll have my secretaries work on drawing up the plans."

Hanzo thinks on what Clara says, that could be very useful.

"Well, I think that we have kept Clara from settling in long enough."

Gordon claps his hands and the council rises, finished for the day. A number of servants enter, mostly kobolds.

"Please see Magus Clara to the court mage wing of the castle. I believe that there are a number of things she wants to arrange for herself."

22. - Top - End - #22

Castle Tempest

Clara blushes, but chuckles along with the group good naturedly.

Ah, well I'm glad to hear it.

Stands as the counsel rises, smiling when the kobolds enter.

Thank you, I would be most grateful to see where I will be staying.

She'll follow whoever her guide is supposed to be.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Castle Tempest

The kobold nods, and walks through the hallways to an area on the eastern side of the castle. She pauses at a door marked with stars.

"Everything past door is your living area. Here is key."

She holds out a key with a star on the handle. If Clara decides to open the door, behind it she will find a suite of nine rooms, each with the furniture that she desires in them. Gordon was able to figure out that room quality from his time in AMEN. It saves a lot of time, using this nexus trick.

24. - Top - End - #24

Castle Tempest - Magus Quarters

How delightfully splendid.

Clara thanks the kobold and steps into the hall.

The rooms will furnish themselves fairly simply. Mostly just furniture that reminds her of home, with lots of crystals, books, and comfy cushions to curl up on.

Also, there will be plenty of cat towers evident, for her dragons to climb and play on.

This is wonderful...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Castle Tempest

"His majesty always knew how to set things well."

The kobold stands in Clara's parlor, watching her explore her new home.

"Will you require anthing else, magus?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Castle Tempest

Is that so?

Only one thing. What is your name, friend?
    Clara asks kindly.

The minor dragons fly off, looking for bugs to eat.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Castle Tempest

"I am Kazime, magus."

Kazime gives Clara a bow. The divine king picked another user of divinity, how fitting.

"Would you prefer to have me assigned to you, magus?"

The dragon would find more bugs out of the windows than inside the castle, but Clara's suite does have a number of those in it.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-09-02 at 10:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Castle Tempest

Kazime, I have been most pleased with your service. If you can be transferred under me I would appreciate it greatly.

Candor sets up a portal so he can return to the rooms easily and flies out the window, but the others stay in the safety of the indoors.

Also, Kazime won't have to worry about the wizard reading his thoughts, since she rarely just waltzes into people's minds without reason.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Castle Tempest

Kazime is a girl kobold, actually, nor does she know that her thoughts could be read by Clara.

"I will take care of that then. By your leave, magus?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Castle Tempest

Clara nods, of course. You may tell your superiors that I am well pleased, should it benefit you.

Once Kazime is gone, Clara will explore her new rooms.

Not quite a castle, but a thousand times more than what she had in Aegis.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show