New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Post apacolyptic DJ help

Yup, obviously got this idea from fallout 3, cuz 3dog is awesome. Heres some background its going on in a setting i made up (shameless plug here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...dus-Setting%29 ) The Radio station, Tri City Radio is run by the Metal Militia (think the Brotherhood from Fallout 3 but make them bikers and youve got the basic idea) and ive got one DJ pretty well done and a name and basic personality for another, but that leaves 2 more (im aiming for 4, they each take a 6 hour shift) and i still need to make up song lists for each of them.

Razkell, the Iron Priest: Razkell is a Sauran Iron Priest in the Militia, he only plays Heavy, Power and Symphonic Metal songs and intersperses the songs with religious lessons, he talks in a quiet even tone.

Sister Sophia: Sister Sophia is an Bronze Priest in the Militia and plays classic Rock, such as the Beatles, she is incredibly kind and sweet.

So thats what ive got right now, as always thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Post apacolyptic DJ help

If you've got the time and energy to invest in it, you might come up with Pandora stations for each of them... so, you start Razkell's station with some metal, Sister Sophie with some Beatles, and add a bit more to give it variety. Listen to it for a few hours and be able to turn it on whenever appropriate to see what they've playing.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

That seems like a pretty good idea actually, ill probably do that. Now to begin looking at songs......
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    That seems like a pretty good idea actually, ill probably do that. Now to begin looking at songs......
    Now, for different types of music, I'd suggest you have the other two be Country and either Fallout-style swing/big band music or Rap/R&B.

You might also think about which one to load up based on time of day... if the fight is happening in the morning, maybe that's The Silver Sidewinder, who runs country music until noon. Late night is when The Iron Priest comes on, usw.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr Hamm and the Midnight Crew. An eclectic mix of electronic music interspersed with a variety of call in hosts helping the wasteland with their problems and love lives. The kicker being that Mr Hamm is (unknown to anyone, including himself) a malfunctioning construct and is in fact the entire Midnight Crew AND all of the callers.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kidjake View Post
    Mr Hamm and the Midnight Crew. An eclectic mix of electronic music interspersed with a variety of call in hosts helping the wasteland with their problems and love lives. The kicker being that Mr Hamm is (unknown to anyone, including himself) a malfunctioning construct and is in fact the entire Midnight Crew AND all of the callers.
    I like Mr Hamm, that could be fun. As for the other music types, it doesnt really fit the Militia, though one of them occasionally playing classic Country isnt out of the question.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

You should probably feed news, weather reports and other things into the broadcasts, partly to give the illusion that other things are going on in the world (that's one of the downsides with ThreeDog, he spends nearly all his mic time talking about things you've done as though you're the only person of interest in the entire world - even though you are), and partly to give the PCs more plot threads.

For instance, if you use him, you could have Mr Hamm start to obviously malfunction and mention things that aren't really applicable, like an upcoming interview with a secret special guest which doesn't happen, going into saying there's a traffic report coming up after the next song, talking about an upcoming sports game, and finally it just back tracks into the pre-apocalypse days (maybe it was created for a station owner who was fed up with one of their DJs turning up late/drunk/stoned, demanding higher pay, having legal troubles or whatever, but for whatever reason, couldn't bring in another DJ to replace them). And then the PCs have to try and fix him.

You might want to look into the real broadcast networks that were set up in case of nuclear war, which had radio comedies, dramas and so on in their playlists, as an attempt to maintain the morale of the population. And the PCs might wind up getting hired to break into a broadcast bunker that never got used to find new material that can be transmitted, especially if the station's been playing something like a serial drama, but what's believed to be the only existing copy of the final part is supposed to be in that bunker, and the station has to play it - maybe they've managed to put it off until now, but can't do it any longer or the local civilian population will riot, or they need to do it to seal a treaty with someone.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Recently heard about a pretty famous/infamous Metal player called Yngwei Malmsteen. A youtube critic called Rageaholic did an episode of a series called Metal Mythos on Yngwei's discography and it seems like he'd be a good addition to the line-up.