New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Are we allowed to talk about Judeo-Christian mythology

As long as we don't talk about the beliefs and moralities of either religion, can we talk about the mythologies? i.e. Jesus stuff, the angels, Noah's Ark, etc.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Are we allowed to talk about Judeo-Christian mythology

From experience: No*, and this also applies to ancient mythologies. For instance, we can only discuss Thor as he exists in OotS or the Marvel universe.

*Of course, there are exceptions. I've gotten away with brief mentions before. Such as passingly referencing the Bible as literature to explain the Greek words for love, or using the real-life St. Nicolas as inspiration for a Pathfinder Grab Bag. (It's why my Santa-themed PrC was built for Paladins and Clerics)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Are we allowed to talk about Judeo-Christian mythology

Sheriff:No. The fact that someone might have gotten away with some such references around the edges in the past, does not make it acceptable under the rules or advisable. Give the entire topic you mentioned a wide berth.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex