New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Critical Streaks (1's & 20's)

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    how long has this particular dice running to extremes been with you? As much as I consider it statistically unlikely I have notices certain players do seem to up with extremes more often than others for no reason I can adequately explain. Two notably. I had an acquaintance (friend of our DM) who in 2e never rarely had a character without an 18, almost never had any scores below 12 and often had a average in the 15-16 range. He would use other people's dice and still come up with a similar result.
    Yup. I have been rolling like this for months. With many many sets of dice.
    I have rolled up 7 characters (at different times) that have had straight 18's in the last few months, right in front of my DM's. The lowest set of abilities I have gotten for a year or so is Str 11 Con 14 Dex 14 Int 17 Wis 9 Cha 5.
    Last edited by Devigor; 2014-09-20 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Relevance

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Devigor View Post
    I have rolled up 7 characters (at different times) that have had straight 18's right in front of my DM's.
    ...It doesn't make a crit any more critical, or turn a roll into a crit, etc.
    Take video. Send to DARPA. You'll either make millions or die in horrible experiments.
    Or go to Vegas. . . play Craps

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    Take video. Send to DARPA. You'll either make millions or die in horrible experiments.
    Or go to Vegas. . . play Craps
    Good idea. I think I'll do that. The first one, not gambling. The first time I gamble will be when I lose my luck.