New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Fall of Umber Terra

"It tis a gamble as to if a hole contains a pleasant experience or not. Nothing ventured nothing gained right? Maybe it contains treasure, artifacts of amazing power or healing hot spings... full of beautiful women Ho Ha!" Rand says proceeding toward the mysterious carvern.

2. - Top - End - #332

Lizardfolk

Rand ties his rope to a sturdy root and puts his shield down. He then proceeds to desend.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Brandon777; 2014-11-16 at 09:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

(DM note: Venge is still on Crexixx's back thus he is in the bottom of the hole. Rand's Shield is dropped to the ground. )

Rand, fully clad in Plate armor steps off the edge of the hollow and begins to repel down. His grip proves inadequate to support his weight and he slips free of the rope sliding and clanging on his way down. The sounds of steel being beaten, echo down the hollow, as Rand lands in a huddled mess at the bottom (take 2pts of non-lethal damage and 39 pts of lethal damage.)

Corwyn, Cyra and Ravous flee down along the path to escape the Treant that begins to awaken as the smoke reaches its nostrils.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2014-11-15 at 03:17 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

4. - Top - End - #334

Lizardfolk

Rand lays on the ground in pain and some what in shock staring up at the entrance wondering wtf just happened. He then attempts casting a healing spell on himself. (2d6+6)[11]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crexxix looks around, hanging from the outside of the taproot. (90 darkvision) and attempts to see what can be see before dropping down further. (( (1d20+2)[20] perception))
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

Ravous watches around him as he travels this path.

(1d20+11)[18] perception

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

I motion for those in my group to stop and point out the vine as well as the hoof prints that have now disappeared but i do this without saying many words

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

After looking around; crexxix sets venge down and climbs back in the taproot. She finds Rand at the bottom and pulls the injured warrior out of the tap root and out into the dragon vault with venge. She points out the various statues in the room. Some resemble dragons that you recognize by shape, others less so. Some stand upright on two legs, some have as many as 8. Some have wings bit most do not. The taproot itself seems to be wrapped around a huge dragon and the roots are penetrating the stone driving into any creature that might lie within.
    She points to the largest.

"We need to help first. Roots go in deep. Through vitals can we heal great one as we remove roots. To seal wounds?"

She seems so focused at her task. That she doesn't spit her common at the two of you. But the urgency in her voice is evident.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Venge got up with a start and immediately relaxed. "Okay, I'm up. Thanks for carrying my ass around. What do I need to do?" Venge quietly said.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crexxix looks to Venge.

"Do you know of the Anatomy of Dragons, or other Arcane Matters?, because that would be helpful. "
    Festival of Heroes:

11. - Top - End - #341

RedKnightGirl

Corwyn looks at Ravous "What are you pointing at?" not sure what to make of the vine (And not sure what disappearing foot prints he's referring to) she looks more closely. (1d20)[1] Perception check to see what he's talking about.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I have some knowledge in the arcane arts. What do you have in mind?" Venge replied.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

crexxix looks between the two.

"I am strong miner. you know how body of Dragon works. and rand is healer. together. we remove vines from Dragon without killing him. I pull vines as u instruct me. rand heals. we fix them all. "

she looks to rand

"can you heal still?"
    Festival of Heroes:

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Crexixx, Venge and Rand find themselves in a large open cavern that has a damp clay smell, kind of like an old root cellar. It is pitch black. Those without Darkvision are blind without a light source. The can hear the pounding footsteps of the treant above echo through the cavern.

Spoiler: DV
    Show
    This room is 60' wide, 60' tall, and 120' long (if you can see that far) the walls are made from finely huen stone blocks and obviously built with care and attention buy a master craftsman. This is no common hole in the ground, yet, there are no doors leading out in any direction. There are broken stones and soil laying around the ground at your feet, likely dropped when Deeproot's roots broke into this place initially. There are lots of stone creatures placed around the room. They appear as very life-like statues. Deeproot's roots are wrapped around one of these statues that is in the shape of a huge dragon, the roots are penetrating the statue in several places and the roots have become quite bulbous at the points where the statue has been penetrated. (If you have ever seen a tree growing through a rock, car, old house etc. You know that extra bit of growth they get as they surround a foreign object.) The other statues look unharmed. Some look like dragons, but others look different. Some have wings some do not, some stand on 2 legs, others have as many as 8. Some have smooth dome heads, others have large protruding horns.

Ravous, Cyra, and Corwyn run down the path that led away from the grove.
    Spoiler
    Show
    that is until Ravous spots a mysterious vine which looked oddly tight, trying to get a closer look Corwyn trips a snare trap which spring up from the ground narrowly missing her leg as she leaps back in surprise. A cluster of nut shells, tied to the top of the post used for the snare, clang together noisily making a distinct rattling sound.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

Ravous dives into the bushes to try and hide.

Stealth
    (1d20+5)[22]

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ravous musters all his manliness and stuffs it into a pouch as he dissappears into the undergrowth leaving the women alone on the trail. As the nut shell alarm falls silent you can hear the rustling of leaves about 50 yards ahead of you.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2014-11-19 at 10:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347

Cyra rustles her feathers in agitation. She scans the path as she draws her bow and nocks an arrow.

"Remain calm" she whispers.

Perception:
    (1d20+14)[32]
    Cyra stands at 3' 4" with wings as dark as the void. She has dark skin and unnerving red eyes. Tiny crystal beads are woven into her long black hair resembling dew drops on a flower.

18. - Top - End - #348

Lizardfolk

Rand stampers to his feet and investigates what his senses are able to.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

(Rand you have 60' DV so you can take the above spoiler description in character. And Cyra, your results were sent via messenger.)

20. - Top - End - #350

Lizardfolk

After examination of the statue, Rand turns to Crixxex to ask " It is a magnificent sculture, almost life like, but it is stone and therfore not alive. Why and how would we provide aid? I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort to haul it out and patch it up unless one has an effixiation on lawn ornaments and is fleeted to complete their collection with one that weighs several tons."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crexxix almost seems to puff up in emotion as rand refers to them as statues. She moves up to the stone and pulls out her scythe. Carefully she presses the crystal edge to shave layer after layer of stone until she can find scales.
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After several long moments of grating on the stone it begins to flake away revealing large emerald green scales.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Here rand. See the true; dragons kept within. Help me free! "
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #354

RedKnightGirl

Having narrowly escaped the trap, Corwyn steps up against one of the nearby tree trunks and tries to stay out of sight of who ever set it.

25. - Top - End - #355

Lizardfolk

"Hmm I see. Tis unusual to see a therapsid cocoon itself in stone. I wouldn't have been any wiser. I do suspect that such a powerful creature would have woken if the roots had began to cause irritation, so thus I don't believe it is injured. Do you think there is way to awaken it without startling it? It may be capable of shedding it's cocoon itself." Rand replies.
    Last edited by Brandon777; 2014-12-01 at 09:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crexxix clicks in Irritation.

"Listen Human."

She rises up, towering over Rand.

"These creatures are from a time long before yourself. They are in a slumber so deep they cannot stir without our aid. My sole purpose is to awaken them. If you cannot offer something more compitent, I will have to find a different purpose for you. The Stone binds them to sleep, but I need someone Who knows of Arcane Knowledge to aid in pulling these Roots from the body, While Another heals the mighty Drake, preventing the wounds from bleeding out. Now. Will. Thee. Aid. Me. In. This. "
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"One moment. I need some light." Venge replied, as he searched his pack for a torch. He found one and lit it, revealing the scene to him.

"Let me take a look."

Arcane Knowledge Check
    (1d20+7)[9]

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Vince studies the largest dragon for several moments, the look on his face one of frustration, as that of someone who is trying to read legal documents through a kaleidoscope. after the study he regretfully informs you both that there seems to be to separate magical signatures which are convoluting one another. perhaps once the stone is removed he will be able to get a clearer reading.

meanwhile top side, Cyra leaps off the ground and into the lowest branches of the nearest trees (60' fly) and tries to blend in with the foliage. (1d20+15)[24] stealth.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crexxix looks to the Human Rager and seems to calm for a moment. She nods her masked head and looks to the Draconian form. She begins to work on removing the stone shell from the Dragon, leaving about a foot of stone around each of the roots piercing the form.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Those of you who chose the path have fallen under attack. Please respond here: